Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I personally am against declawing, but I'm also not a crazy cat person who thinks any time a cat stubs its tow or falls down that it's the saddest, worst thing in the world.

I had a cat for a few months. Was a stray I took in and nursed back to health. He behaved for the most part, but he seemed unhappy being an indoor-only cat. When I had to move an ill family member in with me I decided the cat had to go. Cleaned its litter box twice a day and the stench was still too much for me to take. Maybe it's a smell you have to be raised around to be used to, but cats leave a smell. Even my friends who were lifelong cat owners and swore there was no smell; there always was.

So I took him to a no-kill shelter. He was fun sometimes, but honestly, I was happy to be rid of him. I guess I'm just not a cat person. But even I wouldn't have declawed him, little bastard that he was.
    Was he nutered? Tomcat piss is horribly strong before they're nutered

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't realize the amount of countries this is illegal in. It's a common practice here in the US. In fact, looking up a couple facts about it-

Peer-reviewed veterinary journal articles estimate that approximately 25% of domestic cats in North America have been declawed.
    Some privately owned apartment buildings in the U.S. ban cats unless they have been declawed.
    Which evidently California and Rhode Island have banned landlords from making this a requirement. Also, congress in 2007 made it illegal to require this in public housing.
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2017-11-09 at 01:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    I didn't realize the amount of countries this is illegal in. It's a common practice here in the US. In fact looking up a couple facts about it.
    Jesus fucking Christ America...

Don't get a cat if you can't deal with them scratching.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It isn't removing the claws. The claws grow back. To "declaw" a cat, they remove the first joint on each "finger". It's cruel and inhumane, and if your cat's destroying stuff, learn to train your cat better. I've had cats my whole life, and none have been declawed, and nothing's been clawed to pieces, because I don't let them do that.
    THIS. I don't understand how the whole "Declawing" thing even started.. Its like suggesting to pull a bunch of teeth out from pet dogs because they are chewing/biting stuff.
    I hope the fucker who first called this particular act "Declawing" gets his fingers cut of at the first joint and gets it called nail clipping. There are people who declaw their cat without realizing that they are actually amputating their cats because its called "declawing" and they didn't do their research, decided on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    THIS. I don't understand how the whole "Declawing" thing even started.. Its like suggesting to pull a bunch of teeth out from pet dogs because they are chewing/biting stuff.
    I hope the fucker who first called this particular act "Declawing" gets his fingers cut of at the first joint and gets it called nail clipping. There are people who declaw their cat without realizing that they are actually amputating their cats because its called "declawing" and they didn't do their research, decided on the spot.
    In China they remove the vocal cords on dogs to stop them from making noice fucking savages. That and boiling and skinning animals alive.

Even if you couldn't train her, Why didn't you just trim her nails?
    Declawing is disgusting, absolutely disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    I have a cat and she is scratching on things i bought for her and attached on critical areas, no problems with destroyed furniture etc. and declawing should be illegal, what if I would pull your finger-, or footnails off?
    Totally agree that it shouldn't even be an option to do "Declawing". But like I said in an earlier post, it is an extremely fucking manipulative name for that operation (which also fooled you). "Declawing is not equivalent to pulling the nails out, they basically cut the furthest join on their paw off completely or the nail would just grow again after cutting. So its like cutting a part of the finger off not pulling the nail

Would never do it to my lap warmer, I'm surprised vets still do it

10+ Year Old Account
    If you declaw you shouldn't own a cat...or excuse me.....have the pleasure of a cat owning you. I've never had a cat declawed and never will...it's cruel and inhumane. But....but...he/she claws the furniture....is a lame excuse for you being lazy and not giving your cat the right things to sharpen/clean their claws on. Scratching posts/boards are pretty cheap, hell even a short piece of a 4 x 4 leaned up against a wall would make a good sharpening post. You declaw your cat.....you should be declawed imho.

You don't deserve a pet if you declaw it. Unless there is genuine medical reason. Your furniture doesn't count as a medical reason.

Deleted
    When I look on YouTube at declawed cats, they don't exactly seem handicapped. I know they can't do things as well anymore like they used to, but it seems just fine.

https://youtu.be/EaS4zuMYb1M

Cows get dehorned without anesthesia and so do sheep, nobody cares about that.

Honestly laser declawing has come an insane way in the last few years. All 3 of my cats are declawed in the most humane way possible. All of you saying I don't deserve them for doing it are beyond retarded. Declawing used to be you go to the vet and they would cut the first knuckle off. Now you can pay an insane price is around 250-300$ per cat for the laser removal which takes 10 minutes and they feel no pain.

It did not alter them in any sort of manner, I'm 6'5 and my kitties and still crawl up my leg to my shoulder or just jump from the ground when called.

Just reading through here there is an insane amount of misinformation on declawing and before anyone makes a judgement call they should probably look things up themselves.

It is cruel animal abuse, and anyone who do it, is a horrible person in my book. "Oh but it is not illegal here", well neither is it illegal to jail and execute someone for being gay in Saudi Arabia, but we don't think that is just A-OK either.

I'd be willing to bet most of the people against declawing have spayed or neutered their cat. There's nothing wrong with either, people like to get upset over stupid things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Totally agree that it shouldn't even be an option to do "Declawing". But like I said in an earlier post, it is an extremely fucking manipulative name for that operation (which also fooled you). "Declawing is not equivalent to pulling the nails out, they basically cut the furthest join on their paw off completely or the nail would just grow again after cutting. So its like cutting a part of the finger off not pulling the nail
    Thanks for explaining, didn't know it before and this makes it even worse that this shit is legal, people who do this with their pets shouldn't have one! Disgusting!

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    I'd be willing to bet most of the people against declawing have spayed or neutered their cat. There's nothing wrong with either, people like to get upset over stupid things.
    Read the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Again, for the umpteenth time, declawing is the removal of the tips of the cat's toes. It's literally partial finger amputation and it can change a cat's behavior and movement (cats rely on their claws for a variety of things).

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Doesn't change my view. I consider gross cruelty to be action designed to bring harm to the animals intentionally and primarily.

The cat is the property of the owner- the owner decides what to do with the animal in relation to their desired lifestyle.
    So chaining a dog up outside, permanently, or locking it inside a room that may be set up specifically for the dog to make sure it never goes inside the house or into a place in the yard or house you don't want it to is perfectly acceptable because it's your property and that kind of treatment fits your desired lifestyle?

That's a rather disgusting outlook to have on being a pet owner.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    Honestly laser declawing has come an insane way in the last few years. All 3 of my cats are declawed in the most humane way possible. All of you saying I don't deserve them for doing it are beyond retarded. Declawing used to be you go to the vet and they would cut the first knuckle off. Now you can pay an insane price is around 250-300$ per cat for the laser removal which takes 10 minutes and they feel no pain.

It did not alter them in any sort of manner, I'm 6'5 and my kitties and still crawl up my leg to my shoulder or just jump from the ground when called.

Just reading through here there is an insane amount of misinformation on declawing and before anyone makes a judgement call they should probably look things up themselves.
    Just so you know, regardless of which methodology is used to perform the onychectomy/ declawing (literally translates to nail excision) what is actually done in the procedure is the same. It removes the entire distal phalange that holds the nail, which would be equivalent to a human removing the part of the finger that has the nail up to the first bend. It just uses a laser rather than a scalpel so there's less bleeding and chance for infection etc...but what is actually done to the cat is exactly the same.

http://catsonlyvc.com/laser-declawing-cat/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onychectomy

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Again, for the umpteenth time, declawing is the removal of the tips of the cat's toes. It's literally partial finger amputation and it can change a cat's behavior and movement (cats rely on their claws for a variety of things).
    Explain to me why declawing is bad but not chopping off their nuts? Or are you against both?