Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Cool story, but I can't be bothered to trust someone with My Little Pony avatar/signature about matters of whether or not Blizzard will release a Vanilla server or not. You basically just shared your opinion and nothing of merit.

In other news, Blizzard is releasing Vanilla Servers, as was stated at both BlizzCon and subsequent interviews. So I don't know what this Pony is on about.
    I protest your pony comment. The issue isn't there being a pony, but the specific pony chosen. I think we need to find out why the poster didn't use Sombra or Tirek or another pony more appropriate to WoW. Pinkie Pie makes me think of a player hwo only logs in for the seasonal events.parties and may not have keen political/business insight.

Shimmerswirl, hopefully it is obvious that my comment is intended in jest.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2017-11-09 at 07:09 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    No they've never announced anything at Blizzcon that they canceled. Ever. Im sure this video from Blizzcon where they announced Path of the Titans is a fake:
    A minor feature =/= an entire game. What you're essentially doing is akin to saying they announced an entire expansion then decided to never release it.

And before you even go "Oh but Blizz has done that before with Titan and Starcraft: Ghost" Yes, but they've announced those cancellations. If Blizzard does decide to not go forward with Classic, they're not just going to brush it under the rug and go "Nah, we never even talked about it." Hell, even your Path of the Titans argument is weak as hell because they acknowledged and explained it at one of their press events.

Exactly. Why spent all that time and $$$ in court trying to shut down these servers when a quick, free interview does the same thing since people like you believe everything you read?

As a publicly traded company, I believe whatever they ANNOUNCE. WoW Classic is a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm quite sure they will, much to my surprise.

Deleted
    i wont get baited

Just because something hasn't happened, doesn't mean it won't happen. Isn't that like basic logic 101? lmao

Blizzard made a vague announcement with zero details or timeline. Their intent behind this was to shut down the private server community as people stop playing to wait for the real thing, a plan that seems to be working. Blizzard will not release an actual vanilla server of their own.
    You're also talking about two different things here. Blizzard announcing something, working on it, and eventually deciding they can't do it and canceling it, versus Blizzard simply announcing something just to scare the private server crowd, which is laughable.

As people have pointed out, the private server community hasn't been affected, making your first point moot. There's also a huge difference in canceling a feature vs. cancelling an entire project, not to mention the backlash they'd face if they do cancel it. Them waiting this long to do something like this has, in my mind, solidified their ability to actually do it.

Tin foil hats OP.

Blizzard made a vague announcement with zero details or timeline. Their intent behind this was to shut down the private server community as people stop playing to wait for the real thing, a plan that seems to be working. Blizzard will not release an actual vanilla server of their own.
    Cool, a conspiracy theory!

One of the things we do know is that by announcing this, we're in the WOW Classic business forever. Once that starts, there's a commitment on our end that we're going to continue maintaining those servers for as long as there is a World of Warcraft.
    You could assume that means they'll just shitcan retail WoW to justify taking down Classic, or you could just be happy for yourself.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

False flag, fake news, Classic WoW was an inside job.

The events he mentioned happened several years ago.
    Except the one that happened last week? Stop trying to sound intelligent/like you know what's happening. Everything you spew is trash.

i guess OP forgot the part where the private server community will continue to raid and prepare for the official release.
    if anything, the people playing on certain servers who shall not be named have increased since blizzcon, lul
    I like my coffe like my mages.