Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizerk View Post
    What people wan't doesn't matter. What matters is what blizzard gives (which probably won't be much). I'm just waiting for when the people who actually end playing start asking for new content, now that would be pretty funny.
    The joke is, i will play classic and if i have desire for the new content i can always step on retail, play content and go back to my vanilla when i am bored of retail . Thats the perfect deal

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    You do realize you sound like a butt hurt anti-classic protester that lost the "there will never be classic wow servers" argument and are now trying to make having classic servers as painful as possible, right? Just thought I'd point that out.
    Personally I think more than half the people moaning for changes are of the anti-vanilla hatecrowd. They lost the argument of it never happening, so now what? They all admitted defeat? Yeah right. Now they are trying to ruin it for everyone by demanding changes, despite having no intention of playing themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    And what silly vanilla peen strokers don't realize is that patch 1.12 lasted for less than 5 months. Nobody started the game, leveled to 60, and cleared every single piece of content in 5 months.

You can get rid of all the bugs (and yes there were still plenty of bugs in 1.12), all of the exploits, all of the server issues, and start at 1.12. And you would NOT be getting an authentic vanilla experience because it is the patch content that matters. What is it about this that is so difficult to understand? It isn't about the bugs.
    This movement did not start because you finally decided to roll out of bed after 3 years. It started because vanilla private servers exploded in popularity and Blizzard invited the team behind the best one over to their headquarters. Its already been proven people like 1.12 as it was recreated on a private server and a Blizzard version is only going to be better if they stick to catering to the core audience. Your "point" is not only wholly irrelevant it actually does not even exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Lmao J Allen Back was right about the classic crowd. It's just a shame they forced him to announce it instead of having a two minute video about how neckbeardy y'all are.
    Let it all out. The pain will eventually go away, but only if you let it all out.
    We all break at some point in life

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Personally I think more than half the people moaning for changes are of the anti-vanilla hatecrowd. They lost the argument of it never happening, so now what? They all admitted defeat? Yeah right. Now they are trying to ruin it for everyone by demanding changes, despite having no intention of playing themselves.
    I think that's a subset of the group, but I think a lot of people would like to play through the game from the start, without all the pains that came alongside it. As an example, my roommate is wanting changes, but he started in MoP. He doesn't want to lose a lot of what makes the game for him, but does want to see Classic/TBC/LK/Cata when they were relevant content.

I'm fine either way, if I had my way I'd make changes, but that's because I played classic, remember all the QoL changes over the decade, and am not yearning to go through all those growing pains again. But if they make it pure, that's fine too, it'd still be fun to replay the old days, but with changes I'd be more inclined to actually play it a lot.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    YOU bithced and whined for years about how vanilla was so fucking awesome and all Blizzard had to do was pull the code out and relaunch it. Now you're getting it and you want them to changed things. If it was so awesome, why change? Oh, right, you're children with no self-control. The is why I'd have vetoed this were I Blizzard CEO - rewarding whiny kids never works. They always want more.
    This answer is AMAZING !
    Thanks for putting words on my thoughts.

They cried for it, and know they want more...

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize you sound like a butt hurt anti-classic protester that lost the "there will never be classic wow servers" argument and are now trying to make having classic servers as painful as possible, right? Just thought I'd point that out.
    If the game was so painful... why were you asking for it back? You realize you sound schizoid, right?

"Give me back this awesome game..."

"No, it's too painful, make changes!"

For the record, I thought and think this is idiotic of Blizzard because it won't make that much money and no matter what they do, some significant contingent will hate the decisions that they make when doing this.

But if it were me I'd implement 1.12, fix the most serious bugs and security exploits and nothing else. You either want Vanilla as it was or you don't. If you cried about wanting it but really want something that never was you're either stupid or a hypocrite.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-11-09 at 08:45 PM.

I'm going to play classic for sure, but I don't want it touched! I want it just how I remember it, grindy as all get out and full of interesting bugs. I can see them fixing any type of dupe methods, or bugs that caused server crashes, but nothing beyond that. And that has more to do with reducing customer service nightmares. All these people asking for QOL changes are disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahogany View Post
    There's a difference between asking please change X & please make it so random blinking doesn't let me fall through the world...

Falling through the world wasn't intended in vanilla & they've done plenty of fixes on this after Vanilla.
    There are plenty of other examples like this, so is it wrong for us to ask for some improvements?

I agree that things that impact the game in any other way than fixing bugs shouldn't be in it. But fixing major bugs should
    I agree with your point, but by the time that specific thing was fixed for example, there were many many other changes. What if one of those changes (bloodlust/heroism to pick one out of the air) is the reason the bug was fixed? What trumps what, does the fix not go in or does the bug get squashed but shamans (and horde only in Vanilla) get a skill that was not present until TBC....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    ...He doesn't want to lose a lot of what makes the game for him, but does want to see Classic/TBC/LK/Cata when they were relevant content. ...
    And that makes no sense. If the changes are important to him, he doesn't really want to see Classic etc. He wants some game that never existed. If he truly wants to experience one of the earlier expansions, he can't keep his MoP stuff. It's like saying 'I want to eat cake a lot... every day. But I dont want to gain any weight.'

Hope they keep wall climbing in, that was fun :3

I think that's a subset of the group, but I think a lot of people would like to play through the game from the start, without all the pains that came alongside it. As an example, my roommate is wanting changes, but he started in MoP. He doesn't want to lose a lot of what makes the game for him, but does want to see Classic/TBC/LK/Cata when they were relevant content.

I'm fine either way, if I had my way I'd make changes, but that's because I played classic, remember all the QoL changes over the decade, and am not yearning to go through all those growing pains again. But if they make it pure, that's fine too, it'd still be fun to replay the old days, but with changes I'd be more inclined to actually play it a lot.
    Pretty much how I feel, although I wouldn't go near MoP style changes. More like limited to TBC to where it fixed up the classes and a few other things nicely. Still very much classic WoW, but more playable and enjoyable.

And that makes no sense. If the changes are important to him, he doesn't really want to see Classic etc. He wants some game that never existed.
    He wants to see the content, not deal with all the inconveniences seen in those versions of the game, which is what I said. Not sure how else you want me to phrase that simple statement.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much how I feel, although I wouldn't go near MoP style changes. More like limited to TBC to where it fixed up the classes and a few other things nicely. Still very much classic WoW, but more playable and enjoyable.
    I haven't discussed it in depth with him, so I'm not sure what exactly he's hoping for, but I agree. I went through the classic pains while current, and while I will play it a bit regardless, I think a polished more perfected version of classic would be far more enticing.
    – C.S. Lewis

Could be some, there no telling where their teeth gnashing rage might lead. However, I think its safe to say that there are a good number of legitimate pro classic people that would like to see *some* QoL with classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    This movement did not start because you finally decided to roll out of bed after 3 years. It started because vanilla private servers exploded in popularity and Blizzard invited the team behind the best one over to their headquarters. Its already been proven people like 1.12 as it was recreated on a private server and a Blizzard version is only going to be better if they stick to catering to the core audience. Your "point" is not only wholly irrelevant it actually does not even exist.
    They are on 1.12 because it is more convenient as pretty much every private server backend is based on the 1.12 client. None of the private servers chose 1.12 because it is the 'best version' it is because the work was already done for them at a 1.12 patch. 1.12 is practically the only option for a server because the two most commonly used emulation codes were written for 1.12.

You are using private servers as some sort of model that Blizzard would follow when you just shouldn't. There is nothing that blizzard have said that would suggest they are going to do so.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2017-11-09 at 09:02 PM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Vanilla turned into what Mop was, exactly because people kept wanting changes over and over again in the years between. I doubt your roommate would even like seeing wotlk, let alone bc or vanilla. Compared to mop they were basically different games entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a good thing that Vanilla servers are being added, since there's so much demand for them.

And I'm not trying to be snide, but those are genuine questions that need to be answered. Should the servers be as close as possible to the original for better or worse?

Will people still want to play Vanilla if changes are made? And which changes are justified? Where's the line between Quality-of-Life changes and fixing broken mechanics?

It's very difficult to say what the right course of action is to make everyone happy (and probably impossible). Some people probably want to be able to wall-climb, while others wouldn't mind getting newer features like collections, transmogging, and updated models included.

Vanilla turned into what Mop was, exactly because people kept wanting changes over and over again in the years between. I doubt your roommate would even like seeing wotlk, let alone bc or vanilla. Compared to mop they were basically different games entirely.
    Oh I agree, and he knows that as well.

Let me try to phrase it right.

He wants to play the content of Classic, TBC, LK, and Cata, but with some of the modern conveniences. Like, he'd love to raid ICC and Ulduar, because he hears me and the rest of the guild talk about how amazing they were, and clearing it at level 110 isn't the same.
    – C.S. Lewis

YOU bithced and whined for years about how vanilla was so fucking awesome and all Blizzard had to do was pull the code out and relaunch it. Now you're getting it and you want them to changed things. If it was so awesome, why change?
    Heh, indeed.

I can't recall ever seeing a Legacy screecher make his case along the lines of "It was amazing apart from these few things that I'd love for Blizzard to address!".
    It's always been more along the lines of "Muh Vanilla best Retail Normies stfu REEEEE!!"...

That being said, bugfixes are probably a must.
    But balancing? Hell no. Balancing according to 2017 standards wouldn't exactly make it the Classic experience.

Oh I agree, and he knows that as well.

Let me try to phrase it right.

He wants to play the content of Classic, TBC, LK, and Cata, but with some of the modern conveniences. Like, he'd love to raid ICC and Ulduar, because he hears me and the rest of the guild talk about how amazing they were, and clearing it at level 110 isn't the same.
    I can appreciate the sentiment of wanting to raid stuff one missed. I never actually got to raid the Vanilla raids when current. But if I were to beg blizzard to alter the game to the point where raiding them is no longer anywhere near the same as back then, then what's the point? Would be the same as soloing Ulduar on level 100. It would be missing them again, while trying to convince oneself that being the "right level" is enough for authenticity.