Poll: Which Is Getting More Hype? BfA or Classic

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    One was expected, one was not.
    You can't fairly judge them by the amount of noise.
    And to be honest, the amount of noise has never been a fair representation.
    Someone simply content has rarely felt the need to yell about it, but those unhappy with something have felt not just the need to voice their opinions, but to "prove" their argument with lots of supporting voices.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-11-09 at 12:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    But we both keep coming back for more me. Until now right?
    I don't know, I am fairly entertained with this discussion. Aren't you?
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Gonna go out on a limb and assert the notion that there's been far more interest/demand for official vanilla/classic WoW servers than there's ever been the dance studio.
    Excuse me sir, but it is very offensive of you to ridicule those of us who are rhythmically challenged. Do you know what it is like to get made fun of IRL when you are trying to pick up the ladies by doing the Roger Rabbit in a night club?

Yeah, I didn't think so

The struggle is real bro!
    Last edited by Spookysheep; 2017-11-09 at 02:07 AM.

Deleted
    I voted for classic! Can't wait for it!

I'm pretty hyped Blizzard has finally decided to say "Fuck it, whatever," for WoW.

In a year or two when absolutely fucking nobody is playing either retail or classic, they'll announce a new, better MMO.

I think classic is, we've had expansions before and we will get more of them later. Classic servers are something a lot of people thought Blizzard would never do, something Blizzard has said they won't do, and now they are doing it.

Deleted
    Right now on MMOChamp 500 people are browsing classic forums and 277 are browsing BfA. Seems like interest in Classic is significantly higher than in expansion.

Neither? Because Classic servers are about nostalgia only and BFA is another MOP 2.0 filler xpack just for sake of xpack.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Hype for both, but they won´t launch together, so no problem with that

There is hype of both sides. Whining is everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelium View Post
    I don't know, I am fairly entertained with this discussion. Aren't you?
    It never ends with me.

/keeps tossing bait

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Yeah, but it makes little sense here. In Mists, the faction war at least had a basis to go on. Garrosh took over the Horde, and, looked at from 'outside', found it in a weakened state, not on eye level with the Alliance. And he sought the only way he knew to remedy it. Any reason for the Horde and Alliance to go to war now will feel... forced. Like Elizabeth Swans's total character Flip at the end of Pirates 2 - chaning a character or story just for the sake of conflict.
    Oh I agree it feels forced. Then the totally "even" attacks of both sides. Horde gets a city and burns. Alliance gets a city and burns. One for One. No winner. No loser. Then magic islands appear and that is where we fight now. So its just a even split. No main aggressor. No main defender. Just even split of the world and then battles on areas you never seen or known before to prevent the even nature of the split from changing.

Force and I would have to say artificial.

Deleted
    Is that even a question? BFA!

BfA is MoP all over again.

Also a couple of completely new features people are unsure about, me included.

MoP turned out well, in fact it was my favorite expansion despite my irrational hatred for pandarens the way they presented them.
    Maybe it's because I didn't have high expectations. Cata or WoD was the exact opposite.

Don't care about classic tbh, at all in fact. The thought of doing shit I've done many times again and knowing there's nothing beyond that. Uhh no thanks, I'd rather keep going on, be it whimsical pandas or interdimensional timetraveling orcs.

I think classic is getting lots of press, more than BfA - it's been a thing for a while, with a lot of controversies throughout the years, blizz said many times they're not gonna do it etc. etc. and yet now they do it. It's something youtubers and such can milk much more, therefore people discuss it more and get the idea it's THE thing now. Something like a month ago, everyone was sure we're gonna have playable "Illidan's Nagas" just because there was so much noise about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ksoveras View Post
    Right now on MMOChamp 500 people are browsing classic forums and 277 are browsing BfA. Seems like interest in Classic is significantly higher than in expansion.
    Not sure if forumers represent the whole community well. People on mmo-c always liked to talk about vanilla even when it wasn't yet revealed to be brought back. Surely there will be millions who are not interested at all.

But i see that the average people are not that pumped for BfA, i only know some people who wanted faction wars to be a thing again. I also expected some kind of Void themed expansion, but still have some hopes for future patches. I can also imagine that Old Gods added fuel to the fire in the already existing conflicts.
    Last edited by Koloss; 2017-11-09 at 02:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Definitely that BEAR expansion they announced the other day.

Going to be amazing.
    You really love bears xD love your sig and avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    It never ends with me.

/keeps tossing bait
    ROFL!!! This is sweet. Good chatting.

/lol
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

This board might be the only place where I see BFA being slightly more popular, but everywhere else I look its mostly talking about classic. It even feels like no one really talks about BFA outside this board. BFA does feel like ''just another expansion'' that doensn't seem to bring much new to the table, while classic is something people either haven't experienced in a really long time or never experienced it at all who are now excited to play a different version of WoW.

Look at the post count in the BFA forum vs Classic. Right now 71k BFA and 18k Classic. This is not scientific but I would have to imagine it is way out of the margin of error
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    BfA is MoP all over again.

Also a couple of completely new features people are unsure about, me included.

MoP turned out well, in fact it was my favorite expansion despite my irrational hatred for pandarens the way they presented them.
    Maybe it's because I didn't have high expectations. Cata or WoD was the exact opposite.

Don't care about classic tbh, at all in fact. The thought of doing shit I've done many times again and knowing there's nothing beyond that. Uhh no thanks, I'd rather keep going on, be it whimsical pandas or interdimensional timetraveling orcs.

I think classic is getting lots of press, more than BfA - it's been a thing for a while, with a lot of controversies throughout the years, blizz said many times they're not gonna do it etc. etc. and yet now they do it. It's something youtubers and such can milk much more, therefore people discuss it more and get the idea it's THE thing now. Something like a month ago, everyone was sure we're gonna have playable "Illidan's Nagas" just because there was so much noise about it.
    If BFA is MoP 2.0 then good. Because MoP was my most favorite time in the game.

Nostalgia vs fanatical football team style devotion, it's a tough battle, but I've got to go with the next expansion. I've never seen people so riled up. I think it actually taps into the nostalgia market in a sneaky way in how many of the places being taken over/destroyed are our cherished starting zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    If BFA is MoP 2.0 then good. Because MoP was my most favorite time in the game.
    MOP minus the pandas. Not that they were terrible (I did like the lorewalker faction in particular in how it rewarded exploration with lore.) but it was definitely the alliance/horde war conflict that had me invested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.