Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    But "grinding" wasn't JUST done to level... You did it to gather materials to level your professions.
    (You know... those old things that used to be REALLY useful)
    You did it to farm gold, recipes, patterns, pets, and much more.
    Wrong and Wrong again. most of the grind for professions happend AFTER you reach max level cause gues what? for the useful recipes you had to be max level.
    so, the grind was just to level what made it special was that this kind of game was new for many.

So Blizzard stripped all these things out in the name of "convenience", gave you queues to join strangers (usually asshats) in dungeons and raids, instead of giving you justice and valor badges/points for partying with your friends... they give you shards and crystals for solo play... to buy catchup gear, to gear up for the next zone that is a catchup zone for he next catchup zone.
    gear has always been like that farm ini a - farm ini b and throw gear a away that hasnt changed a bit.

This game has changed sooooo much for the worse when it comes to the social aspects of an MMO that it is almost an entirely new genre.
    and now you dont even understand what mmo means....

Pity. Hopefully Classic is truly classic and shows Blizz just how much we want the old WoW back.
    we get it you hate retail....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    People are fine with people sticking to vanilla. What gets really fucking teeth-grindy is when said people keep flapping their mouth-pieces about how much of a smash hit it'll be and retail will be abandoned because VANILLA SO GEWD U GAIZ! /jizzpants

If you like vanilla, good with me, you go do you, enjoy it, thumbs up from me. The second you start trying to shove it down my throat, discounting my opinion because you're so shortsighted and downright autistically obsessed to the max (and I am a high-functioning autistic person), then the gloves are off.
    So far i haven't seen anyone "shoving down Classic to anyoneones throat"
    What i have seen so far is extremely salty retail users pissing on our parade of happyness.
    This is the Classic thread section, you are only here if you want to.

Some people keep saying it is just rose tinted glasses, but for me it certainly isn't because I still play vanilla to this day, right now. I've played it for the last several years including last night and I still love it, so it's not just nostalgia. I enjoy the game, flaws and all, and I can't wait for official servers and not having to worry about them shutting down or not working correctly. Will everyone love them? Of course not, but that doesn't mean no one will. A lot of people have been waiting for this for a very long time and I believe they are going to be a success.

I also enjoy playing retail and I'm very much looking forward to Battle for Azeroth. There's plenty of room for both games to exist so I'm not sure why some people are getting so angry and fighting about it. Choice is a good thing isn't it? Play whichever game you prefer, or play them both!
    Last edited by Thrackerzod; 2017-11-09 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    So far i haven't seen anyone "shoving down Classic to anyoneones throat"
    What i have seen so far is extremely salty retail users pissing on our parade of happyness.
    This is the Classic thread section, you are only here if you want to.
    You must have horse-blinders on then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    You must have horse-blinders on then.
    Could you give examples? I see zero threads on general.
    All i see is a Classic section of people saying many things, some crazy but i see zero asking to change retail.

It's hard for me to imagine that many ppl will be playing classic, maybe it's bc i know i wouldn't...eveything about classic is just too dated.

I started playing late BC and looking back i think i wouldn't even play BC today.

I think WoW devs could take a look at class design around WoTLK and MoP but aside from that, let the past be the past...let it go!

Reckon, other than to the enthusiasts, WoW Classic will be a novelty to many who'll try it before they quickly stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Could you give examples? I see zero threads on general.
    All i see is a Classic section of people saying many things, some crazy but i see zero asking to change retail.
    ...just read some threads. You've posted in some of them, so don't play oblivious.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    BfA, is Legion 2.0... artifact 2.0, grind 2.0, RNG 2.0... etc. The very last thing the game needed.
    Except it isn't. They've already said that the neck artifact will be NOTHING like the weapons and the grind wont be there. Also no legendaries. WoW has ALWAYS had RNG... so I am not sure where you think that won't exist ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggot Ur View Post
    First of all, let me congratulate all of you fellow Vanilla lovers - our prayers have been heard! We will finally play the game we love.
    in 2 to 5 years

Seriously though, I am sooo excited Blizz have heard us I can't even wait to start playing WOW again. And to all you haters that will ask why and claim that it will be a failure, please look at Nostalrius - by far the most successful Vanilla wow server ever with its online 8K and 2k farming bots at peak hours
    fixed your number. and nost was a FAIL because no one wanted to PAY for it. All you people claim you love to play vanilla but only as long as they dont have to pay for it.

- Having to run around and find things on your own in the world
    thottbot wants a word with you!

When I played on Nost I actually found several new quests that I never even knew were there before when Vanilla was live.
    so you was terrible in vanilla, gotcha

Now everyone rushes through the quests without even paying attetion to what is happening out there. Take a step back and live in the world.
    thats because the majority doesnt read quest texts ever (which is sad)

- Making new friends and enemies, earning respect -
    and you still can do that, thanks to battletag.
    - Building communities - guilds were actuall communities, where people were actually working together to mutual goal - beat that boss, become top pvp team.
    whatever you smoke to get THAT high please stop. guild poahing was at his highest and alot of people who got carried to their lego left for "better" guilds. dont claim that didnt happen....

It was actually boring to farm that resistance gear, bis gear, attunes, mats for raid. Yes it was frustrating sometimes and annoying and BORING
    fixed that for you.

Yes I know that and we all know that but the accomplishment piece of that was well worht it. Being one of the few guilds on the server to achieve that. We didn't have achievements built in, but they were on forums - raid progression threads, pvp threads, crazy videos of some crazy and presistant people doing something that noone ever did before (Kazzak in Stormwind). All that built strong communities. We built societies in our guilds with GM, RL, viceRL, CLs, PVPers, etc. Those people had authority and respect. We don't have this now and I miss it.
    at least you made us chuckle....

- Everything was hard -
    no thats your dirty glasses.

Raids were hard and rewarding. YES, I agree they were hard because talent trees weren't as viable as they are now, and there were more demanding gear requirements, but that was the best part. We actually had to battle the world with what we had. YES I agree current boss mechanics are a lot more sophisticated and demanding. There is NO doubt about it. And yes it was hard because we had 8 and later 16 slots for debuffs, because highlvl heals ate too much mana, threat was hard to get and easy to surpass for dps (wait for three sunders ffs ). Yes I agree that now it sounds like a silly game design - but that was actually hard to manage.
    bosses bacck then where hard cause you had to manage 40(!) people. thats what made it hard.

- Re-live the game and actually see the content - please don't forget that for whatever reasons only under 1% ever saw Nax.
    had to fix your numbers again. and its not for whatever reason but the same reason as today. most people dont care about raids and thats a fact.

I never opened the gates. I never did a lot of things in that beatiful world and I would like to do it. I want to experience 20+ hours AV with summons.
    what makes you think you will now? but the later part i miss to: the REAL AV.

I can bet you lunch that this will be successful for Blizz - sell the "CD" to get access, sell subscriptionand even this will bring in millions.
    i hope you dont mean players cause it wont.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Your sig is so fucking pathetic lmfao. How far from reality can one be?
    T&hats the first time I have to admit the dwarf is 100% right

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraz View Post
    I think at its core, WoW is a community based game, and I think it lost that once LFR/Group finder came in. Though it's a great time saving feature, it took away communication.
    thats also a BULLSHIT argument. PEOPLE chose not to talk, not the game did that.

Some people may like vanilla / TBC some like me don't.
    Don't get me wrong I had a blast playing it at the time but today, nah.

A few things that I remember from way back when:

- Walking till level 40 or later depending on how much gold you had.
    - Oh you are a warlock and want the felsteed whelp I hope you have friends that will carry you through dire maul, not to mention a shitload of gold for materials needed.
    - Having to train every single weapon skill to max in order not to "miss" an attack on a mob.
    - Being a hunter and having to stable your main pet in order to learn a rank 2 claw/rip from another pet you tamed.
    - Being a hunter and having to make sure you had at least 1 but preferred 2 bags of ammo (arrows & bullets)
    - Being a hunter and making damn sure your ffing pet was fed so it was happy and do more dps.
    -Being a hunter post Wrath going to classic and wondering WTF do I need to carry mana pots??? Mind you being a hunter pre Wrath does mean that all loot is hunter loot regardless of what everyone says.
    - Farming resistance gear.
    - Getting attuned to everything, there is a reason it failed in wildstar.

The only upside I see for classic is that it might be very good for the PvP crowd, on the other hand 12+ hour AV runs these days???

I do hope that at some point we will get a 1080p 60fps version of 40 shammies vs 40 pallies video if they bring classic TBC as I remember watching the original 240p version of it at the time and thought that was epic as hell.

What I do hope for is that now that Classic has been announced and granted by our benevolent overlords at Blizzard this will put all the tension between both factions to rest as we will have classic & current so nobody should be left out now.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Deleted
    And somehow you KNOW that people who play private servers are there because it's free? lol
    yes, because that is the ONE thing NOST has proven. when it was about putting money on the table to save the server no one wanted to do it.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Fact is very few are going to pay to play original wow in this day and age. I can't wait for more information from Blizz to indicate what "Classic" is going to entail. If they expect to make money from it I bet it will be close to retail wow but reliving the old wow story from launch to TBC with gameplay matching as close as possible. If they want to resell us the vanilla experience along with subs they have to do a lot more than just get a HD-remake working. Otherwise they might as well oversee going open-source with it and direct people to retail from there and the other way around while people go nuts with it under the hood building their own bossfights and battlegrounds using their tools. Private servers are here to stay regardless of what they do.

As fun as playing the same old game again is from time to time most don't stick around for long when you already know the land and how it all plays out because you leveled and explored through it so many times before cataclysm hit. So you won't come back often and when you do you're quickly out again without all or just some of the QoL changes. Anyhow you'll find yourself playing the new patch on retail again sooner rather than later especially if active sub needed covers that too. This is why it was announced they were looking into it after all.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrackerzod View Post
    Some people keep saying it is just rose tinted glasses, but for me it certainly isn't because I still play vanilla to this day, right now. I've played it for the last several years including last night and I still love it, so it's not just nostalgia.
    yes, it is, because its not retail classic.
    I enjoy the game, flaws and all, and I can't wait for official servers and not having to worry about them shutting down or not working correctly.
    So much for wanting the vanilla experience ;D

- - - Updated - - -

But you can give kudos to Blizzard. You take all cinematics ever done, rewind them, play the first and now when someone asks for vanilla they an just say we are working on it

"Adjust the new WoW" is really what they've already been doing. We got new class questlines, class mounts, the return of spec identity, and coming up we're getting class buffs back. They're not insane enough to just go "okay, millions of players play this and love the updated game, let's stop doing that forever and only pay attention to this side project where, if we ever make significant updates to it, like say, expansions, the playerbase will freak out and hate us."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    yes, it is, because its not retail classic.
    I'm not sure what you mean, but it's the official 1.12 client. It's a private server but it is as close to the original retail as you can currently get.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    in 2 to 5 years

fixed your number. and nost was a FAIL because no one wanted to PAY for it. All you people claim you love to play vanilla but only as long as they dont have to pay for it.

thottbot wants a word with you!

so you was terrible in vanilla, gotcha

thats because the majority doesnt read quest texts ever (which is sad)

and you still can do that, thanks to battletag.
    whatever you smoke to get THAT high please stop. guild poahing was at his highest and alot of people who got carried to their lego left for "better" guilds. dont claim that didnt happen....

fixed that for you.

at least you made us chuckle....

no thats your dirty glasses.

bosses bacck then where hard cause you had to manage 40(!) people. thats what made it hard.

had to fix your numbers again. and its not for whatever reason but the same reason as today. most people dont care about raids and thats a fact.

what makes you think you will now? but the later part i miss to: the REAL AV.

i hope you dont mean players cause it wont.

- - - Updated - - -

T&hats the first time I have to admit the dwarf is 100% right

- - - Updated - - -

thats also a BULLSHIT argument. PEOPLE chose not to talk, not the game did that.
    I bet you eat McDonalds all day cause I don't see how otherwise you can be sucha fat troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    The only grind in vanilla WoW was the lvling.
    And rep...

oh look someone who didnt play classic .D
    I did. And I laugh about the people who say there weren't enough quests when they actually were just too lazy to get them. There WERE enough quests.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again