Thread: "MUH Vanilla"

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

"MUH Vanilla"

This argument is becoming increasingly absurd.

Is it still vanilla if they don't give 1 player the legendary neck that dropped in MC before removing it from the game? Or is not giving to anyone going to make it not vanilla?

Will it still be vanilla if when AQ opens they make CThun mathematically impossible and don't change it till a guild does the actual math and makes angry posts on the forums?

Is it still vanilla if paladins reckoning bomb isn't still glitched on release and is able to one shot doom lord Kazzak making a focus video on YT?

This argument is infantile and muh feels is not an objective argument for something being good or bad. Vanilla is not authentic only if things happen exactly the way they did, it's about grinds, pain and pleasure and the experience of raising with 40 people, difficulty in getting epics, being challenged by the game.

It will still be vanilla if ubrs is 10 man on release and not 15 man on release like it was before.

Minor QoL changes do not make vanilla not vanilla just like fixing errors back then didn't make vanilla a different game

Quote Originally Posted by Octayvius View Post

Is it still vanilla if they don't give 1 player the legendary neck that dropped in MC before removing it from the game? Or is not giving to anyone going to make it not vanilla?

Will it still be vanilla if when AQ opens they make CThun mathematically impossible and don't change it till a guild does the actual math and makes angry posts on the forums?

Is it still vanilla if paladins reckoning bomb isn't still glitched on release and is able to one shot doom lord Kazzak making a focus video on YT?

This argument is infantile and muh feels is not an objective argument for something being good or bad. Vanilla is not authentic only if things happen exactly the way they did, it's about grinds, pain and pleasure and the experience of raising with 40 people, difficulty in getting epics, being challenged by the game.

It will still be vanilla if ubrs is 10 man on release and not 15 man on release like it was before.

Minor QoL changes do not make vanilla not vanilla just like fixing errors back then didn't make vanilla a different game
    "QoL changes won't make Vanilla not Vanilla"

"Vanilla was about the difficulty, grind and pain"

Fucking pick one.

Deleted
    They can never fully recreate the true vanilla experience, it is going to be different no matter what. There will no doubt be bug fixes that were not present on live, or they wll be fixed much earlier they otherwise would have been.

Honestly they should call it Classic: remastered, and introduce bug fixes and some small QoL improvements that do not really impact the actual gameplay.

Lol op going ham with the vanilla threads.

Why is it so hard to understand they will just set it on a certain patch in vanilla. You cant just pick and choose what features you want that's not the point

I'm okay with them fixing boss fights so they aren't impossible, I'm okay with them patching SW so you can't go under the city, I'm not okay with them adding dual spec or making the game easier for casuals.

Deleted
    But a lot of people that want vanilla actually prefer it because it doesn't have all the QoL changes that some people want. So which crowd should be listened to?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    But a lot of people that want vanilla actually prefer it because it doesn't have all the QoL changes that some people want. So which crowd should be listened to?
    there will be outrage what ever route blizzard takes. personally im not interested in a pure classic, i'd be more interested in a remastered one though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol

The shitstorm once the classic server is released is gonna be glorious.

Someone will get painted as a mouthbreathing window-licker because 'IT'S NOT REALLY VANILLA' will get shouted.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    there will be outrage what ever route blizzard takes. personally im not interested in a pure classic, i'd be more interested in a remastered one though.
    That's true. We'll see where Blizzard draws the line of what is and what isn't a vanilla experience.

If they absolutely didn't intend to change anything I doubt they would've said that they're turning to the community for feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygons View Post
    I'm okay with them fixing boss fights so they aren't impossible, I'm okay with them patching SW so you can't go under the city, I'm not okay with them adding dual spec or making the game easier for casuals.
    Sorry, but I disagree with that. Why wouldn't they add an OPTION to buy dual spec? It should be somewhat expensive so that it would be only a worthwhile investment if someone often respeccs. Well, I played a warlock in vanilla so I don't remember respecc prices (since I didn't really need to respecc), so I wouldn't know what 'somewhat expensive' would be but for example 200g upfront for a dual specc, that can only be changed while rested, seems like a pretty reasonable addition.
    Last edited by Vocah; 2017-11-10 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree with that. Why wouldn't they add an OPTION to buy dual spec? It should be somewhat expensive so that it would be only a worthwhile investment if someone often respeccs. I don't remember respecc prices, so I wouldn't know what 'somewhat expensive' would be but for example 200g upfront for a dual specc, that can only be changed while rested, seems like a pretty reasonable addition.
    I guess we agree to disagree. I want it to be as close to vanilla as possible because I enjoyed the fact that everyone had to commit to one specialization. I really want the original experience and if I see a bunch of new players who never played vanilla running around with dual spec then what's the point it's not vanilla.

The part that annoys me is that each person has their own "vision" of what Classic is, or should be. I of course have my own, but I'm not going to shove it down people's throats as if it were the gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by Octayvius View Post

Your argument against it are absurd

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post

Fucking pick one.
    May surprise you and others like you that the people who want Vanilla are not one hive mind. There are different shades of fans of Vanilla and some who took no part in private servers or the movement to get Classic are just jumping on and either trolling or trying to get something different from what we worked hard to get for themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have no choice but to make some changes for hardware, driver, and security reasons. They're an AAA gaming company. There is no way they would create classic servers that contain the same security vulnerabilities they did 10+ years ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlaid View Post
    There are different shades of fans of Vanilla
    50 shades of rose-colored glasses?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post

Fucking pick one.
    Ok, Im going to say something now that Might blow your mind, so be careful.

are you ready for it? ok, here it come:

You can have both(!)

(I know right!?)

You CAN balance the classes, fix the inventory, fix bugs, update the graphics, and still have it feel like vanilla! :O

You will still spam in /2 for 2 hours before finding a group so that you can finally spend 5 hours doing half of Brd.
    You can still raid with 40 people. just that when an 18 slot bag drops, it wont automatically go to the warlock.
    I've no idea what to write here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
    Why wouldn't they add an OPTION to buy dual spec?
    Uh...Because it didn't exist then, maybe? I just find it funny that a lot of people want to play vanilla, oh but add X, X, X and X. And definately X too.

+1 to the crowd that actually want vanilla though, I wouldn't be able to get any enjoyment out of it again.

The game was so bareboned, buggy, and user unfriendly that I never had a great time with it, but World of Warcraft, a huge immersive world with tons of things to explore and discover was something I'd never seen before and I loved every moment of it. Nothing will ever recapture that same feeling though, and all that's left when you take away that feeling is a bad game.

No, silly suggestions are not part of Vanilla, including much of your post, OP.

There is no argument. Classic is Vanilla. Not some special snowflakes vision of what Vanila+ might be like, suggesting BS QoL changes. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygons View Post
    Speaking of being under the map, even in Wod I was able to charge inside the map with my warrior. I dismounted above mob, charged, and next thing I know, I can fly anywhere under the map.

So it seems to me like being inside the map is a feature that wasn't patched even in the last expansion. Underground kara, old IF, etc all still reachable in cata as far as I remember. Had too much time in that expansion.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2017-11-10 at 12:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.