Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Increased gold (dailies, etc) to combat bot-farmers (if you don't need to buy gold, the farmer's worth is minimized). Which in turn created gold-sinks (mounts, especially, later the BMAH)
    I remember when quests at max level wouldn't give an increased amount of gold instead of pointless experience earlier in Classic. So even if you had quests to do left once you hit 60, the rewards weren't really all that worthwhile.

No, it shouldn't have dual-spec. It was a nice addition to the game, but it was one of the bricks in the wall that made it a little less of an RPG. Your spec was part of your identity, and when you changed that it was an important part of keeping the value of gold high.
    Last edited by Absintheminded; 2017-11-10 at 01:42 AM.

so you want this.. someone else might want something else and here it goes its no longer the same fucking game

I'm fine with dual specs in classic, as long as you still need to go to your trainer and pay the fee to switch them.

Deleted
    It won't be vanilla with dual spec.

Not having to spend 50g a time to respec will fund the economy more gold. Things will be more expensive and it won't feel vanilla like. One change affects another and another.

Was the feature there in vanilla? No? Then leave it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: OP was to play vanilla but also want to cherry pick features from post vanilla.

Everyone and their mother would have guessed it would be like this...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    I remember when quests at max level wouldn't give an increased amount of gold instead of pointless experience earlier in Classic. So even if you had quests to do left once you hit 60, the rewards weren't really all that worthwhile.
    Yep. They were only worth it if they gave additional rep. And barely that. Then again, I can count the months I spent farming Timbermaw. For what? A retarded trinket.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Id say fixed vanilla would be early WOTLK or late TBC. Not bashing legion, i like it, but its very different to vanilla WoW whereas TBC and Wotlk were quite similar but with a few years of bug fixes, QoL improvements and spec balancing.
    WotLK played very differently in PvP. Everyone died much faster, AV had become the zerg-fest that it still is (even in BC when it was a shadow of the original Horde almost never won off a zerg and an Alliance zerg with no back-capping was probably going to fail), and we saw the start of the mass proliferation of CC that led to the awfulness that was MoP PvP, and which ability trimming still hasn't fixed (because for every CC they remove they add two short stuns or some other stupidity).

Dual spec doesn't belong in Classic - nothing other than bug fixes / stability improvements belong in classic. You have choices, you either farm enough gold to afford spec swapping on occasion, you bribe your guild with dungeon runs as a healer for dual spec gold, you find a DPS friend and farm stuff together, OR you simply don't play a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    wouldnt be vanilla then would it
    Its not really Vanilla is it? Its "Classic".
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    You guys need to stop with this phrase.

Its not called Vanilla, its called Classic. Why do you think that is?

OT: I think they already have plans for additions like this and I'll come back to say I told you so to the nay sayers.
    Still wouldnt be vanilla if they added duel specs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Its not really Vanilla is it? Its "Classic".
    Why did Allan brack talk about ice cream and vanilla leading up to the announcement? *thinking face*

I'd be up for dual spec if it meant helping tanks and healers farm, and make it easier to make groups since they are rarities. However I don't want to see people switching specs on fight per fight basis.

Not that I'm not open to QoL adjustments, but this is more controversial IMO. That said, I don't know how bad a holy priest, or a prot warrior in dps gear does when killing mobs in the world.

Maining a healer? Group up with your DPS friends to farm enough gold for your epic ride. It'll take a few months, but you'll get there eventually.

Think of the camaraderie you'll build up on the journey - priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by lookatmypet View Post
    Nope. They wont. You all begged and begged for "Vanilla", so Vanilla you will get. It will be clunky and not player or spec friendly, just as it was. Being unable to play what spec you liked, not having gold, not being able to purchase a mount/riding skill was part of the experience.
    Vanilla was/is not what everyone so fondly remembers, it was very difficult to do things due to the tremendous time investment.

Seriously, if they make us earn back flying, I'm unsubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Octayvius View Post
    This isn't just some QoL minor addition, this is something that is needed for the game to thrive, so healers can have ret sets and actually use them in pvp, to actually have a thriving community to its highest potential. I'm on a classic server right now, and I recall from my time during classic before this, I remember being a holy paladin who could literally do none of the Badge quest in silithis and for naxxramas

I remember not being able to have enough gold to swap back when I finished my questing because gold was actually hard to get back then , so I just could not participate in said event.

I know you want to MUH Vanilla on everything but logical forethought would tell you that making people unable to play portions of the game is not some ingenius game design we should be so quick to want to preserve.

Any holy priest, paladin, restoration druid protection warrior with little gear will know exactly what I mean by this.
    Absolutely not. Classic is way more of an RPG than Live, and so, there are consequences to your choices. Dual spec would be a massive mistake. I can't wait to use my one spec the entirety of Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Prussian View Post
    Seriously, if they make us earn back flying, I'm unsubbing.
    Yeah sure would be a great vanilla experience with people flying around on their burning crusade mounts on day 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    I'd be up for dual spec if it meant helping tanks and healers farm, and make it easier to make groups since they are rarities. However I don't want to see people switching specs on fight per fight basis.

Not that I'm not open to QoL adjustments, but this is more controversial IMO. That said, I don't know how bad a holy priest, or a prot warrior in dps gear does when killing mobs in the world.
    Make it only changeable at trainer, and slap a minor cost + cooldown on it. There, people can't swap for different fights, except once a raid night at most. And make editing talents in either spec very costly, and that preserves thinking carefully where one puts points or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Make it only changeable at trainer, and slap a minor cost + cooldown on it. There, people can't swap for different fights, except once a raid night at most. And make editing talents in either spec very costly, and that preserves thinking carefully where one puts points or not.
    All that does is add a wait time to the warlock summons when people hearth back to town to change

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    All that does is add a wait time to the warlock summons when people hearth back to town to change
    Hardly. People were able to go do that before. At the cost of 50g per try. With that they'd actually be able to do it less times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.