Thread: "MUH Vanilla"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Speaking of being under the map, even in Wod I was able to charge inside the map with my warrior. I dismounted above mob, charged, and next thing I know, I can fly anywhere under the map.

So it seems to me like being inside the map is a feature that wasn't patched even in the last expansion.
    There's even still a dead zone in orgrimmar where you can glitch under the map and fly around under there. Been there since MOP now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlaid View Post
    May surprise you and others like you that the people who want Vanilla are not one hive mind. There are different shades of fans of Vanilla and some who took no part in private servers or the movement to get Classic are just jumping on and either trolling or trying to get something different from what we worked hard to get for themselves.
    Oh well...
    Last edited by Vineri; 2017-11-10 at 01:42 AM.

He should never have asked the community for feedback on how to make Vanilla servers. It's super simple - Blizzard sets up new servers running the last patch of Vanilla and keeps them from crashing. That's it. No updates, no new features, no changes. Now there are thousands of different ideas on how to remake Vanilla because people really don't want to play it, they want to play a different game that never existed.

At the very least he should have specified what they were asking for. The only legitimate decisions are whether to make the dungeons and raids that were larger at the beginning their original size or the small size. And what to do with AQ gates.

Can't wait to blink backwards and through the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Go. Play. Another. Game.

You realize people are very concerned with how Legacy plays out? Then you troll us with the people wanting this are trolls? Please jump to another forum.
    No, people who had no interest in Vanilla and then jump in and try to change what Vanilla is are the trolls. Classic is Classic. If you didn't like it, don't play it. Nobody is forcing you.

Vanilla hypers can't make up their mind. Figures.

May surprise you and others like you that the people who want Vanilla are not one hive mind. There are different shades of fans of Vanilla and some who took no part in private servers or the movement to get Classic are just jumping on and either trolling or trying to get something different from what we worked hard to get for themselves.
    I suspect you're exactly one of those nefarious pot-stirring individuals you mentioned since I've been following the scene for years, and us who advocated for Classic WoW know what the hell we wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    I suspect you're exactly one of those nefarious pot-stirring individuals you mentioned since I've been following the scene for years, and us who advocated for Classic WoW know what the hell we wanted.
    ???

All I want is exactly what private servers offered. Patch cycles from 1.0(ish) to the last patch of Vanilla with as little as deviation as possible other than bug fixes. That's pretty straightforward.

Deleted
    If anyone want an inferior Vanilla without Blizzard quality, go ahead and play on a private server. Try to play a game that can't exist anymore, due to not having the same people, hacks, chrashes, glitches and the lack of freshness. Vanilla is done and you can't have it back, regardless of how purist you are.

Instead, Blizzard should do what they've always done, and what made them a lot of money and their games great. Take a game (Vanilla), and remaster it and make reasonable improvements (Wow:classic).

Of course we should have updated graphics, remove bugs and other things that take away from the game. That shouldn't even be up for debate. No one can argue that the inferior graphics, animations and bugs made the game great. It didn't. And if you want sucky graphics, just lower them as low as possible, like in any other game.

What should be debated, however, is how classes should be dealt with. As Classic will probably be permanent, you can't have inferior classes with no use. Back then, you could argue that "we're looking at it and will come up with balances in the new patch". This is not the case in the new classic. Therefor, making sure that every specialization and class has at least SOME use in SOME aspect of the game makes sense. In the spirit of Vanilla, greater class balance wouldn't have to mean that every specialization can raid, but that every specialization can thrive in some aspect (pvp, leveling, farming, pve etc.).

As for QoL, you can have those that does't take away from the spirit of Vanilla. As long as leveling is hard and tedious, traveling around the world takes time, finding groups is greatly enabled by being part of a community (guild and friends etc) and so on, I see no problem at all. Sure you can have dual specialization, if you charge it with a freakish amount of gold (just like the spirit of Vanilla). This will enable you to take part in more aspects of the game, while still rewarding hard work.

To sum it up, you can make sensible improvments in the spirit of Vanilla. Dreaming of playing Vanilla just as it was when you were 13 is just a foolish dream, that can't happen even if you meet all of these purist demands.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Vanilla hypers can't make up their mind. Figures.
    It's the forum jumpers who can't make up their mind. Vanilla fans know what they want.

"Other" people are trying to interject ideas which make no sense to vanilla.

"Other" people have little to no intention of staying, so to me, their input to Blizzard is merely "I want <this>", then "Thank you", followed by their suggestion slip going in the trash can.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygons View Post
    I'm okay with them fixing boss fights so they aren't impossible, I'm okay with them patching SW so you can't go under the city, I'm not okay with them adding dual spec or making the game easier for casuals.
    This is the problem. People like you that seem to think that because you are so much more elite than another player that your opinion matters more. The funny part of this is that when I have talked with guys from Vodka or Method I have yet to meet any of the actual world top gamers that were pricks about it. It is normally some clown that is struggling to be in a top 500 guild.

I feel certain that Blizzard will improve some things, I'm also certain that there are other things that will remain unchanged. The reasonable thing is to wait and look at the first proposal before everyone starts getting all bent out of shape over what they think is the correct choice and tries to cram that opinion down everyone else's throats.

I think I misquoted you :P

I'm okay with them fixing boss fights so they aren't impossible...I'm not okay with them...making the game easier for casuals.
    I literally lol'd. Good job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fudal View Post
    This is the problem. People like you that seem to think that because you are so much more elite than another player that your opinion matters more. The funny part of this is that when I have talked with guys from Vodka or Method I have yet to meet any of the actual world top gamers that were pricks about it. It is normally some clown that is struggling to be in a top 500 guild.

I feel certain that Blizzard will improve some things, I'm also certain that there are other things that will remain unchanged. The reasonable thing is to wait and look at the first proposal before everyone starts getting all bent out of shape over what they think is the correct choice and tries to cram that opinion down everyone else's throats.
    He just said making Vanilla easier for casuals like Vanilla was actually hard. He's clearly either not elite at all, or never played Vanilla. Or both. Dude seems like a troll.

I remember vanilla having people play something other than undead rogues.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    "QoL changes won't make Vanilla not Vanilla"

"Vanilla was about the difficulty, grind and pain"

Fucking pick one.
    Pretty sure having autoloot is truly removes "difficulty, grind and pain" from vanilla.

Having a worldwide LFG channel for low level dungeons would also be great and wouldn't break the wow spirit. Most of us are probably in our 30s, who really wants to sit in orgrimmar and spam for a Razorfen Downs group in org for 2 hours?

There are minor adjustments that won't hurt the experience and would go a long way in making the experience better. If it happens and it's too much, they can easily remove them.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    50 shades of rose-colored glasses?
    Kek

Imo, let's leave it to Blizz to decide what's to be preserved and what can be done without.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Lol

The shitstorm once the classic server is released is gonna be glorious.

Someone will get painted as a mouthbreathing window-licker because 'IT'S NOT REALLY VANILLA' will get shouted.
    Standard Blizzard releases as usual then. Roll on the Vanilla server launch.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    The part that annoys me is that each person has their own "vision" of what Classic is, or should be. I of course have my own, but I'm not going to shove it down people's throats as if it were the gospel.
    It's almost like the experience is totally subjective.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

???

All I want is exactly what private servers offered. Patch cycles from 1.0(ish) to the last patch of Vanilla with as little as deviation as possible other than bug fixes. That's pretty straightforward.
    My mistake. I thought you were the OP responding and was writing in a rush.

I'm okay with them fixing boss fights so they aren't impossible, I'm okay with them patching SW so you can't go under the city, I'm not okay with them adding dual spec or making the game easier for casuals.
    Okay so... what if Dual Spec costed you 1k gold like it did when it first came out? Would you still complain? Because that is some CRAZY ass money grind you'd need to do on top of the already grindy game. Do you buy an epic mount or dual spec? Eventually you'd have both, but which benefits you more now? And I think it just allows more people to play healers and tanks without feeling like they're fucking themselves. I know I'm not going to play anything other than DPS unless somebody pays for me to change specs from DPS to Healer/Tank and then back to DPS again. Fuck them lol