Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think some demands can be ok. A worldwide lfg channel so we don't need to stand in orgrimmar to spam for Razorfen Downs and auto-loot aren't deal breakers and nice quality of life. Group finder, LFR, cheaper mounts, etc is definitely over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    VETERAN RIGHT HERE 12 YEARS AND I WANT A REMASTERED/REMAKE OF VANILLA OMG. Its a great game but its also old ass shit. Its fun but its not exciting. They need to make a remake but keep the grind and social systems in place... just update the ui , new models and graphics.. people are being so boring weve played vanilla wow already and others on private servers for years. I have to run that shit with sweetfx to make it look decent
    What on earth are you talking about? None of that was ever said by me in ANY post I made, and certainly not in the one you're quoting. Do you have a point? In summary, mine was that different people have different ideas of what "vanilla" means. I personally don't have much of a dog in this hunt - regardless of what path they take, I'll likely dip my toe in for a bit, then get bored and stop. I really don't care what they do - I just think the idea that some people think there's a single proper definition of vanilla is silly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Only change i would really accept for classic isn't really linked to classic in the normal sense. Transmog, namely unlocking some pieces. If i manage to loot say, the corrupted ashbringer from classic, it should unlock it for transmog on the current "live" servers. Would also be good for unlocking things such as T3 armours outside the gold shink BMAH and maybe even get your hands on other items no longer available in game, such as the Maul of the Redeemed Crusader.

Edit: Actually... a classic AUSTRALIAN server would be nice. I still get PTSD remembering the days of 600 ping being the lowest ping i could get...
    Last edited by Daevelian; 2017-11-10 at 02:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard are going to release what they're going to release, you can take it or leave it. I have no doubt before launch they'll do a revision to fix obvious and blatant bugs and see to Battlenet integration, but beyond that I don't think much will change. Chillax. People are allowed to make suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Only change i would really accept for classic isn't really linked to classic in the normal sense. Transmog, namely unlocking some pieces. If i manage to loot say, the corrupted ashbringer from classic, it should unlock it for transmog on the current "live" servers. Would also be good for unlocking things such as T3 armours outside the gold shink BMAH and maybe even get your hands on other items no longer available in game, such as the Maul of the Redeemed Crusader.
    I am also OKAY with this being the case, it affects nothing except snowflakes complaining their their one of a kind super awesome items and mounts aren't as special anymore and they might have to actually attempt the latest content to feel snowflakey again. (I mean we still have to EARN them by grinding to 60 and raiding the pain in the ass vanilla raids, doesn't matter when we did them.) And makes Vanilla into a side piece for live. Not necessary, but worth a trip for those who spent all of vanilla mining and just earning gold wishing they had the free time to raid with all their friends ;-;.
    Last edited by Aqua; 2017-11-10 at 02:31 AM.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxoffender View Post
    Alliance/Horde difference? All I know is that I by the end of the expac I raided as a Fury Warrior in mostly Naxx gear and I rarely had to worry about slowing down once my tank(s) had got aggro.
    The Naxx tier bonuses for warriors made them much easier to hold threat with back then to be fair, so that may be why. I only scratched the surface of Naxx in Vanilla (only killed Razuvious while it was current) so our tanks weren't equipped with T3 gear to get those bonuses which could be why I noticed it much more heavily. Like I said, it was mostly because of how certain mechanics like Ignite worked back then where the first mage to crit would get the entire ignite stack from all mages in a raid and rise in threat to absurd amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    What on earth are you talking about? None of that was ever said by me in ANY post I made, and certainly not in the one you're quoting. Do you have a point? In summary, mine was that different people have different ideas of what "vanilla" means. I personally don't have much of a dog in this hunt - regardless of what path they take, I'll likely dip my toe in for a bit, then get bored and stop. I really don't care what they do - I just think the idea that some people think there's a single proper definition of vanilla is silly.
    maybe I quoted the wrong person lol thought someone said " veterans want original vanilla with no changes" and I just wanted to say that was wrong and my reasons lol

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    maybe I quoted the wrong person lol thought someone said " veterans want original vanilla with no changes" and I just wanted to say that was wrong and my reasons lol
    Oh that has been getting tossed about a ton by people like @Drpizka , They are quick to make claims that they speak for ALL of Vanilla veterans.

I’m a purist who wants Vanilla as it was, no QoL changes or “improvements.”

I agree that these people who make these requests are ridiculous but they don’t know any better. They aren’t the core of people who actually want Vanilla, in its true form.

I have a hard time believing that Blizzard will make any changes to WoW Classic. Its about preserving the Classic experience as they have stated many times. This is what we will get.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    So even a sub-forum emerged for this. Let me share what I see around here.

Ppl "wanted" vanilla servers for years, making "demands" to a private company on their private services. Now finally Blizz listened to them and announced vanilla servers. However the problem starts here.

In optimal circumstances the voices asking/begging for vanilla should fade and we should see forum threads about vanilla crusaders united under the rainbow and cheer in joy.
    Instead we have rolling and rolling these useless threads about further demands and imaginations about vanilla. This shows that these crusaders have never played vanilla before, which itself withdraws their right to ask for it. Why? Because they have no idea about the thing. What was it, how it worked etc., they are all incompetent in this matter. Despite this Blizz gives them vanilla.

No, they need more, nothing is enough. The amount of pointless threads about vanilla modifications and further ideas relating vanilla to be some WoW 2.0 is outrageous. Who are you ppl to have the nerves making demands to a private company? Who are you to them? We are all only playing the game, because they allow us to access their servers (for some fee). It's their privilege to do what they want with the game, and they have their own ToS for it of course.
    It's also their privilege to ask money for their own product, so take off your rose tinted glasses and accept, that you are not going to play on retail vanilla servers for free. Youl'll still need an active WoW account which has a monthy fee. Go back to your private servers to play vanilla for free.

Now you little brats going to get your vanilla servers, you should shut the f up and cheer in joy. You reached your goal, you have no right to ask for a WoW 2.0 and speculate what modifications should be in the upcoming vanilla game. It's called "vanilla", because it's the original version of something. Applying the slightest modification makes is "non-vanilla".

It's also absurd that there is a "fan base" of "purists" and "not purists". Seriously, it has no sense. You do realize that with vanilla, you get vanilla, nothing more, nothing less. There is no piont of any arguments. It's black or white.

Before you start your bash, I don't care about vanilla game the slightest, I'm going to play the latest version all the time, so I choose to not play it. Blizz can do whatever they want, I'm not against vanilla game. I'm against ppl like you all make these useless threads about your demands trolling here, seeking for popularity, and I'm against that I can see half of the recent forum posts are about this matter.
    It's almost as if not everyone wants exactly the same thing so people talk about different things and ideas they have. When people get excited about something they discuss the possibilities. Of course then the assholes come out of teh woodwork. Whether trolling or not posts like these reek of a bad person.

Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    I did and I had no problem with that. I actually liked it. Or do you think that classes are balanced nowadays? Homogenisation is totally different.
    Why even make the non-viable classes and specs playable then?
    Let it just be PvP where Arms Warriors oneshot eachother and Rogues stunlocking eachother to death- FUN!
    PvE- 6 character options!
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    In capitalism it's not gonna happen. That's why piracy exists.
    It's about the intellectual product, a cration, a piece of work that is your own and you'll never throw it to the crowd for free when it has the protential to be profitable.
    It would be a good move because it would bring even more players to the game. Make vanilla free and make the rest of the game subscription.

As a player who started in Vanilla and won't be playing WOW Classic, I agree that WOW Classic shouldn't have any QoL changes, because that wouldn't be WOW Classic. In my opinion, WOW Classic is targeted to Vanilla veterans, so players who wanted QoL changes should not play WOW Classic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Gr- View Post
    It would be a good move because it would bring even more players to the game. Make vanilla free and make the rest of the game subscription.
    "Good" is subjective. Blizz owns the game, the rights, so they are entitled to do whatever concept they want, whatever is "good" for them. And again, having a potential cow to milk in capitalism, it's going to be milked.

some people like vanilla. others prefer this.

Quote Originally Posted by -Gr- View Post
    That would be a very bad idea. It would bring trolls and casual players which didn't understand the purpose of the server into the game which would really be a bad thing.

If anything it should be a premium product so only those which really want it play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    That would be a very bad idea. It would bring trolls and casual players which didn't understand the purpose of the server into the game which would really be a bad thing.

If anything it should be a premium product so only those which really want it play it.
    Your point is invalid. Trolls will show up regardless if it's free or not. Look at League and Look at Sub based WoW. Still shitty people in both. And if you think casuals won't be trying the servers out when they launch you are sorely mistaken.

So even a sub-forum emerged for this. Let me share what I see around here.

Ppl "wanted" vanilla servers for years, making "demands" to a private company on their private services. Now finally Blizz listened to them and announced vanilla servers. However the problem starts here.

In optimal circumstances the voices asking/begging for vanilla should fade and we should see forum threads about vanilla crusaders united under the rainbow and cheer in joy.
    Instead we have rolling and rolling these useless threads about further demands and imaginations about vanilla. This shows that these crusaders have never played vanilla before, which itself withdraws their right to ask for it. Why? Because they have no idea about the thing. What was it, how it worked etc., they are all incompetent in this matter. Despite this Blizz gives them vanilla.

No, they need more, nothing is enough. The amount of pointless threads about vanilla modifications and further ideas relating vanilla to be some WoW 2.0 is outrageous. Who are you ppl to have the nerves making demands to a private company? Who are you to them? We are all only playing the game, because they allow us to access their servers (for some fee). It's their privilege to do what they want with the game, and they have their own ToS for it of course.
    It's also their privilege to ask money for their own product, so take off your rose tinted glasses and accept, that you are not going to play on retail vanilla servers for free. Youl'll still need an active WoW account which has a monthy fee. Go back to your private servers to play vanilla for free.

Now you little brats going to get your vanilla servers, you should shut the f up and cheer in joy. You reached your goal, you have no right to ask for a WoW 2.0 and speculate what modifications should be in the upcoming vanilla game. It's called "vanilla", because it's the original version of something. Applying the slightest modification makes is "non-vanilla".

It's also absurd that there is a "fan base" of "purists" and "not purists". Seriously, it has no sense. You do realize that with vanilla, you get vanilla, nothing more, nothing less. There is no piont of any arguments. It's black or white.

Before you start your bash, I don't care about vanilla game the slightest, I'm going to play the latest version all the time, so I choose to not play it. Blizz can do whatever they want, I'm not against vanilla game. I'm against ppl like you all make these useless threads about your demands trolling here, seeking for popularity, and I'm against that I can see half of the recent forum posts are about this matter.
    People where always asking Blizzard to make Vanilla servers a thing, some people have been asking since TBC. Blizzard always said no. People where so passionate about the game, about Blizzard, about Vanilla that private servers where created with the attempt to replicate vanilla WoW when Blizzard would not. At a time when you could not pay to experience vanilla wow anymore. People are so passionate about this still and want the Classic servers to be as good as they can be as close to how vanilla was. And now there are people that may or may not have played vanilla and they want to change and add things to it surely you could understand why people would be in a upset at the idea that this people might have a voice that Blizzard might listen to that could impact the Classic servers and change them to be not vanilla like anymore.

These "demands" are rooted in passion for the game and for Blizzard and the biggest Vanilla WoW private server devs have already come out and said they will be shutting down the servers when Classic comes out. I for one will no longer play on private servers when Classic is released unless they add the QOL stuff other people keep asking. I think most everyone that plays on private servers would prefer to play on official servers. The best thing Blizzard could do right now is get the devs that are passionate about vanilla and do a Q&A and tell the community as much as they can about what they would like Classic servers to be. I hope that means no QoL and we have people stop suggesting it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to return to vanilla classic tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    Wrong.

We want plain vanilla.

These threads that you refer to, are from modern-day crybabies that want to play vanilla in their own -easy- way.

Guess what. Even a single QoL feature, and it is not vanilla.

All veterans are asking for plain vanilla. Nothing more
    I probably started b4 u and I don't mind some changes. Vanilla pros are the social + meaningful progression aspects, not just the crappy individual mechanics that all these so called "real vanilla players" cherish and really are crap.
    Last edited by Daffan; 2017-11-11 at 01:51 PM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    Blizzard said they gonna ask community to help them answer some of their questions. When i look at forums and wars between players about changes "yes or no" i'm really confused how its gonna be.. a poll on official WoW forum? lol..