Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[MM Hunter] What talents are you running in mythic+ ?

What kind of talents are you peeps running in Mythic+ 10-15 ?

I have been using these talents:
    Way of the cobra,Stomp, Posthaste One with the pack, Binding Shot, AMOC, Killer Cobra.

Mainly single target talent, since, most of the class i goes with can aoe pretty well and killing boss fast is priority for my group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohgasauraus View Post
    I have been using these talents:
    Way of the cobra,Stomp, Posthaste One with the pack, Binding Shot, AMOC, Killer Cobra.
    OP said MM, not BM.

personally I run True aim/volley with the usual talents (trick shot & binding) and swap between st legendaries (gloves/ring for bosses) and the belt/boots for trash. Sure, not having L&L on trash kinda sucks but its better than not being able to use the soul ring at all for boss fights, esp on tyrannical weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Daieon View Post
    OP said MM, not BM.

personally I run True aim/volley with the usual talents (trick shot & binding) and swap between st legendaries (gloves/ring for bosses) and the belt/boots for trash. Sure, not having L&L on trash kinda sucks but its better than not being able to use the soul ring at all for boss fights, esp on tyrannical weeks.
    That is extremely incorrect information that you're giving. You do NOT use the legendary ring in m+, unless it's a very very very high tyrannical key, your team has average ST damage, AND it's a very specific dungeon. (like 3 or 4 dungeons tick this box) AND on certain affixes.

You do not run true aim in m+ and the ring, unless it ticks all those category's. Which even then, is only slightly better.

You run either Prydaz+Gloves, Prydaz+Boots or Gloves+Boots, depending on which sims the highest for you, or if you need the prydaz shield.

You run LnL, patient sniper, volley and trickshot. Always. The only one in question is LnL, in those extremely rare situations that only a handful of players will come across.

This isn't opinion, this is fact, this is what is the best for a MM hunter to use in m+, go to discords, guides, talk to top m+ players, the guys in the invitational, this is what is best.

I can't understand for the life of me, why players are consistently suggesting the ring, it shows such a little knowledge of how m+ works, how much of the instance is spent on bosses, and how much is spent on trash, and the time saved on each.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    You run either Prydaz+Gloves, Prydaz+Boots or Gloves+Boots, depending on which sims the highest for you, or if you need the prydaz shield.
    What about belt?
    TL;DR from Icy Veins
    Use Trick Shot for pure single-target, and cleave if you have the War Belt of the Sentinel Army. Use Piercing Shot for bursty multi-target DPS and Mythic+ dungeons without the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by kristo View Post
    What about belt?
    TL;DR from Icy Veins
    I would guess he means for ST(tyrannical etc) but hey its been a month since I read any MM guides.

The belt is awesome in m+, I personally use that, and then swap belt with gloves myself on bosses. Prydaz if its heavy damage.

The belt is most used of all legendaries for mythic +20 according to rankings. Though very few parses. Bit more in 15s, then its number 2 legendary.

If this is all wrong, my bad, but OP asked what do YOU use, so its okay I guess :P
    Last edited by Doffen; 2017-11-10 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I would guess he means for ST(tyrannical etc) but hey its been a month since I read any MM guides.

The belt is awesome in m+, I personally use that, and then swap belt with gloves myself on bosses. Prydaz if its heavy damage.

The belt is most used of all legendaries for mythic +20 according to rankings. Though very few parses. Bit more in 15s, then its number 2 legendary.

If this is all wrong, my bad, but OP asked what do YOU use, so its okay I guess :P
    Belt + Gloves for single? In bosses with adds in Tyranical i still go with Prydaz + Boots, Gloves + Prydaz. Talking about keys with high damage.

I think what @Emerald Archer said is right. I would only add Boots + Belt for trash.

Ring sucks as hell in M+. If you change leggos gg your talent

I mean that Emerald Archer does not mention belt at all in his post, while, at least in theory, it looks like a solid choice for trash fights. Am I missing something here or other legendaries outhweight belt in every m+ scenario making it not worth to use?

True Aim its FUCKING AIDS in m+ you are hurting the 60-80% of the run depend on Tyrannycal vs Fortified, but the most part of a run is mobs a exception of a few m+ dungeons, if you do more damage in a boss but gonna delay your group because you have a talent that is fucking useless for the most part of the dungeon..GG.

Belt+Boots for trash with L&L, Volley and Gloves+Boots or Gloves+Prydaz for bosses whatever sims your more high, if you have the Owl trinket remember to do FD and swap to the ST build for the bosses around 30-35s before the encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by nidosarg View Post
    Belt + Gloves for single? In bosses with adds in Tyranical i still go with Prydaz + Boots, Gloves + Prydaz. Talking about keys with high damage.

I think what @Emerald Archer said is right. I would only add Boots + Belt for trash.

Ring sucks as hell in M+. If you change leggos gg your talent
    No, change out belt with gloves so you use gloves instead of belt on bosses of course. Did I write it wrong?

Belt and boots on trash and gloves+prydaz/boots on bosses depending on the key. This is what I meant anyway.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2017-11-10 at 11:35 AM.

Bosses are Boots+Gloves unless it's very high Tyrannical/high-level Upper Kara, where you go True Aim and go Boots+Ring for bosses.

Trash is Boots-Belt.

You might wish to use Prydaz if something is particularly hard/has oneshot mechanics. In this case you swap out the gloves on single-target and either the boots/belt for multi-target depending on what comes up next.

On the final boss in a dungeon where you do not care for having Trueshot after it, you may choose to use Gloves-Ring on hard Tyrannical weeks for that final boss instead of Boots-Ring.

Not going Boots on bosses in general is seriously dumb. Maybe you'll do slightly more damage on that one boss, but if you don't have Trueshot for whatever trash comes after then you lose all of that benefit. Having Boots will allow you to be much more flexible in this respect (not to mention potentially giving you another Trueshot in the boss fight itself). It all depends on what comes up after the boss.

I mean that Emerald Archer does not mention belt at all in his post, while, at least in theory, it looks like a solid choice for trash fights. Am I missing something here or other legendaries outhweight belt in every m+ scenario making it not worth to use?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    What about belt?
    TL;DR from Icy Veins

I was talking to him about his statement on using the ring on ST, my suggestions were what he should actually be using on ST.

It's clear that on AoE, it's boots+belt. I was merely discussion where the was incorrect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Bosses are Boots+Gloves unless it's very high Tyrannical/high-level Upper Kara, where you go True Aim and go Boots+Ring for bosses.

Trash is Boots-Belt.

You might wish to use Prydaz if something is particularly hard/has oneshot mechanics. In this case you swap out the gloves on single-target and either the boots/belt for multi-target depending on what comes up next.

On the final boss in a dungeon where you do not care for having Trueshot after it, you may choose to use Gloves-Ring on hard Tyrannical weeks for that final boss instead of Boots-Ring.

Not going Boots on bosses in general is seriously dumb. Maybe you'll do slightly more damage on that one boss, but if you don't have Trueshot for whatever trash comes after then you lose all of that benefit. Having Boots will allow you to be much more flexible in this respect (not to mention potentially giving you another Trueshot in the boss fight itself). It all depends on what comes up after the boss.
    Prydaz can outsim gloves on ST, it's definitely worth noting. It may be best even if you don't need the shield.

Because not only can prydaz be better than gloves (depending on what you swap out) there's also a chance they're running 2pc+4pc.
    Last edited by Emerald Archer; 2017-11-11 at 07:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    That is extremely incorrect information that you're giving. You do NOT use the legendary ring in m+, unless it's a very very very high tyrannical key, your team has average ST damage, AND it's a very specific dungeon. (like 3 or 4 dungeons tick this box) AND on certain affixes.

You do not run true aim in m+ and the ring, unless it ticks all those category's. Which even then, is only slightly better.

You run LnL, patient sniper, volley and trickshot. Always. The only one in question is LnL, in those extremely rare situations that only a handful of players will come across.

This isn't opinion, this is fact, this is what is the best for a MM hunter to use in m+, go to discords, guides, talk to top m+ players, the guys in the invitational, this is what is best.

I can't understand for the life of me, why players are consistently suggesting the ring, it shows such a little knowledge of how m+ works, how much of the instance is spent on bosses, and how much is spent on trash, and the time saved on each.

It's Mythic 10-15... why would you use Prydaz, just for the haste?
    Boots+Ring work just fine for bosses and will help you just a much as - probably more than - gloves+prydaz. On top of that, gloves are a possible set piece item. Might not want to use them for that reason alone.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-11-11 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    It's Mythic 10-15... why would you use Prydaz, just for the haste?
    Boots+Ring work just fine for bosses and will help you just a much as - probably more than - gloves+prydaz. On top of that, gloves are a possible set piece item. Might not want to use them for that reason alone.
    The ring prevents you from having LnL on trash, that's not worth the minor difference between that and gloves/boots/neck on ST.

Also, Prydaz for some, beats gloves/boots on ST, even when not locked to 4pc+2pc.

But that's also why I said Neck+boots.

How on earth is sacrificing a talent for 90% of the dungeon, worth a small dps gain on bosses?

I'd re-look into what you said, as it made extremely little sense. You're heavily underestimating Prydaz, and potential damage gain from using it. It's a very strong item, with excellent stats, and if you have an average necklace, and can add in 2pc/4pc or good boots, it can be a higher damage gain.
    Last edited by Emerald Archer; 2017-11-11 at 01:49 PM.

Just as you might be underestimating the value of gloves movement, especially with how movement-intensive many Tyrannical fights are, so maybe you're both a little right. <3

Just as you might be underestimating the value of gloves movement, especially with how movement-intensive many Tyrannical fights are, so maybe you're both a little right. <3
    How? He is making a statement that prydaz would not be useful, I am stating that both have a chance to be best, and that it's down to the player+situation?

Yeah, I just haven't seen a sim where Prydaz is so far ahead that you'd pick it over Gloves, purely because of the movement argument for gloves. It's not like there's a meaningful survivability argument, because it's Mythic10-15.

Yeah, I just haven't seen a sim where Prydaz is so far ahead that you'd pick it over Gloves, purely because of the movement argument for gloves. It's not like there's a meaningful survivability argument, because it's Mythic10-15.
    Movement isn't a factor every boss fight, but Prydaz is definitely is quite a bit ahead for some, when you consider losing the 2pc+4pc or the potential bad necklace etc. Hell, with Prydaz, you can stand in some shit and not have to move, technically having the same effect as gloves. It's extremely situational. But flat out saying Prydaz won't be better, is a bit silly. I have seen multiple occasions where it can beat out gloves.

I'd really rather not put a list together of all the fights where the movement from gloves are a very minor to no factor. But I can do that if you really don't believe me. But surely with as much experience in mm as you have, you don't need that.

Just as I'd really rather not put a list together of all the fights where movement from gloves IS a factor, it would get quite long. ;p

Never said Prydaz can't ever be better, I am trying to bridge the gap between what you and Krayzee is saying to make you realize that maybe neither of you are 100% right, but that it's more of a 50/50 situation where one of you is 75/25 leaning towards Prydaz, and the other one is the opposite.

where one of you is 75/25 leaning towards Prydaz, and the other one is the opposite.
    Except that wasn't the case. Literally all my statement was, is that prydaz is a possible item. And you and him went on about it not being a possibility.

Most of the time, Prydaz is NOT best, but I listed it as one possibility. I have no idea where you're getting that idea from.

"You run either Prydaz+Gloves, Prydaz+Boots or Gloves+Boots."

That was my statement, Prydaz+gloves being the rarest best combo, typically just for last bosses or if you don't need trueshot on the pack after, because you want it on the pack after that, but that tends to be a bit too much min-maxing for most.