Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    Oh, I thought they were talking about shamans... Nice!

And yeah, Void elf druid is not a thing.
    So isn't a Tauren Paladin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    May I ask though, if Blood Elves can't be druids, but Void Elves can (Who are outcast Blood Elves, right?) Why would that make any sense at all? Not that i'm arguing it's stupid for one side to have more options...But still.

The only ones I could see becoming druids are Humans because of their Gilnean counterparts.
    There is nothing as silly as Tauren Paladins in WarCraft, absolutely nothing. If they can change the lore for Paladins they can for any race/ class in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda annoyed horde gets 2 druid races and alliance gets none.. Hope they add some (nice) druid races for alliance. Please not dwarves, can't stand those little fat fucks

Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    They put a lot of time into inventing new lore for them and making it obvious they are very different to traditional Paladins. They also were completely stuffed for giving the Horde another Paladin race. Aside from Blood Elves, literally none of the others fit (Undead at the time were assumed to not even have holy priests, that was just a gameplay mechanic because the light was said to kill the undead.) so they had to take drastic measures. In summary: Any of the current allied races for Alliance are far more of a stretch for Paladins than Tauren Paladins and the allied races are not half as important as finding the Horde another Paladin race was at the time. It's also worth pointing out Tauren Paladins are extremely unpopular and actually a good example why classes that don't mesh with a race organically are a bad concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Kinda annoyed horde gets 2 druid races and alliance gets none.. Hope they add some (nice) druid races for alliance. Please not dwarves, can't stand those little fat fucks
    Sorry to disappoint but Wildhammers are probably the most likely Allied race the Alliance are capable of getting outside another Worgen subrace curve-ball.

I dont feel like they are gunna release 2 dwarven allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    I dont feel like they are gunna release 2 dwarven allied races.
    I don't think you're wrong in the short term, ie this expansion, but i would absolutely expect them if they ever continue the concept into a future x-pack.

10+ Year Old Account

There is nothing as silly as Tauren Paladins in WarCraft, absolutely nothing. If they can change the lore for Paladins they can for any race/ class in the game.
    Then it's a good thing they're Druids and not Paladins.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since I started in 08 I've had the same Main, a Nelf Druid, first character I made, and I love Druids, I think it does suck a bit, Would be cool to have another Ally Druid to level
    But really, the biggest change I want to see is being able to use multiple glyphs, I want Orca form, and Cheetah Always loved Cheetah so I'll always use it, but I'd like to be able to use the Orca at the same time^^

Deleted
    This moaning about nothing really does my head in.
    This is a start for LOADS of other races to be implemented, the next few might have 2 ally druids in there and 0 horde.
    Like who cares? Its a process, not everything right now.

Stop moaning, please. jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    As an Alliance Druid, this honestly just makes me want to abandon my class more than anything.
    Why would you honestly even care? You already have a race.

People really need to stop assuming someone is out to hurt them specifically. They added new races, they decided what classes make sense to allow for them - the way it should be. Its not about being fair, its about having logical choices. And none of the new alliance races are logical choices for Druids. I much prefer it this way then some token Druid race just to shut up whiners. Get over it.

Personally I would prefer if Druids would be Night Elf only on Alliance, the Worgen thing is already rather wrong.

The Alliance allied races make 0 sense as druids. Just like none of the Horde new ones make sense as paladins. If you already like your Alliance Druid, what's the point of complaining about not having other races to choose? My main character is a Tauren druid, and if the Horde allied races weren't able to be druid I'd be fine because I like my character.

In my opinion you should complain about the very weird choice they made for alliance races, (none of them make much sense to me at first glance), than complaining about them not being druids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Personally I would prefer if Druids would be Night Elf only on Alliance, the Worgen thing is already rather wrong.
    Finally I find someone who thinks worgen druids don't make sense. In my opinion it was very shoe-horned. And I like worgens (males only).

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    To me, the only races that made sense historically lore wise to be druids are Night Elves and Trolls. The former due to Malfurion, through Cenarius, and the latter due to Loas.

Come WoW they made the switch to Taurens from Trolls adding in lore that Taurens were traditionally druids but they lost their affinity towards it and are trying to regain it. To be fair I don't understand how they "forgot" their druidism nature and recently rediscovered it, but taking into consideration Tauren were/are a nomad race, highly connected with mother earth and spirits, a mixed culture of Druids and Shamans does make sense.

Worgen made no sense in that while they did create the Druids of the Scythe lore with Night Elves turning into wolves, a form just like any other form, they somehow became werewolves. Only reason given was that Arugal experimented and made a human wolf hybrid like curse. Taken all the above into consideration Worgen, should infact be a Druid form not another race entirely and the current race "Worgen" is actually just a Druid human.

Going one step further on race / class options, Night Elves, again, may have had the first "paladins" in the game. Priests of Moon are not only great priests (as the name would suggest) they are also one of the best fighters the Night Elves have. They may not be melee oriented by they are both healers and fighters at the same time.

i'm glad, but i don't know why they went raptor for it.

raptor should be the feral form.

10+ Year Old Account
    at the launch of tbc, blood elves couldn't be warriors (first race btw, even gnomes can hold sulfuras hehe ) but even if there was some mumblings here and there; people accepted what they have and embraced these new kids on the block.

now stop being a complete alliance crybaby and accept what you have AT LAUNCH ? they said they will introduce more allied races later on ? hello ?
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by aliandren View Post
    Paladin was originally alliance only and is balanced out byhorde shaman availability (4)

Druids have been out since launch with equal racial availability between factions. This is an idiotic change.
    Remember more allied races are going to be added. I'm sure they will even out.

There will be more allied races. The Alliance might get more Druid races then, when it fits.

Void Elf Druids? WTF? Thats like suggesting Forsaken Druids.

I thought people would be more pissed about Raptor Form when the existing Druid races could have had more unique forms between them. (Troll Druids still use stag.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firann View Post
    To me, the only races that made sense historically lore wise to be druids are Night Elves and Trolls. The former due to Malfurion, through Cenarius, and the latter due to Loas.

Come WoW they made the switch to Taurens from Trolls adding in lore that Taurens were traditionally druids but they lost their affinity towards it and are trying to regain it. To be fair I don't understand how they "forgot" their druidism nature and recently rediscovered it, but taking into consideration Tauren were/are a nomad race, highly connected with mother earth and spirits, a mixed culture of Druids and Shamans does make sense.

Worgen made no sense in that while they did create the Druids of the Scythe lore with Night Elves turning into wolves, a form just like any other form, they somehow became werewolves. Only reason given was that Arugal experimented and made a human wolf hybrid like curse. Taken all the above into consideration Worgen, should infact be a Druid form not another race entirely and the current race "Worgen" is actually just a Druid human.

Going one step further on race / class options, Night Elves, again, may have had the first "paladins" in the game. Priests of Moon are not only great priests (as the name would suggest) they are also one of the best fighters the Night Elves have. They may not be melee oriented by they are both healers and fighters at the same time.
    Tauren don't have a written language. They pass things down the generations by word of mouth. So it is very possible.

Plus WC3 Taurens didn't have a ton of lore, so like some of the other races, it needed to be fleshed out with WoW when a lot more history was added.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Tauren Paladins aren't actually Paladins. We want to talk about subraces, this is an instance of a subclass. They are meant to be Sunwalkers which call down the power of the sun (An'she), one of the eyes of the Earth Mother. Ideally all their spell effects would be different and not so holy church inspired. Agree the current implementation is less than ideal.

Travel form doesn't appeal to me...it would be much better if their cat form instead was a Raptor form, now that would be neat.

Even my shaman has a ghost wolf/raptor form...

Wait, unless we get a Cat/Devilsaur form(one can dream), now that would be awesome!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon View Post
    There will be more allied races. The Alliance might get more Druid races then, when it fits.

Void Elf Druids? WTF? Thats like suggesting Forsaken Druids.

I thought people would be more pissed about Raptor Form when the existing Druid races could have had more unique forms between them. (Troll Druids still use stag.)

- - - Updated - - -

Tauren don't have a written language. They pass things down the generations by word of mouth. So it is very possible.

Plus WC3 Taurens didn't have a ton of lore, so like some of the other races, it needed to be fleshed out with WoW when a lot more history was added.

- - - Updated - - -

Tauren Paladins aren't actually Paladins. We want to talk about subraces, this is an instance of a subclass. They are meant to be Sunwalkers which call down the power of the sun (An'she), one of the eyes of the Earth Mother. Ideally all their spell effects would be different and not so holy church inspired. Agree the current implementation is less than ideal.
    There are plenty of scrolls with tauren lore in both TB and Bloodhoof Village, written by taurens. And yes they are clickable.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    There are plenty of scrolls with tauren lore in both TB and Bloodhoof Village, written by taurens. And yes they are clickable.
    From WoWWiki:

Taur-ahe

Taur-ahe, also known as Taurahe, is the language of tauren. It is pronounced "taur-AH-heh." The language of the tauren is often harsh and low sounding. Tauren do not have an alphabet as other races do; their written language is made of elaborate pictograms and pictoforms. While the tauren have a written language, based on pictoforms rather than alphabet, their nomadic ancestry discouraged writing.

As such, written documentation usually falls to the tribe's shamans and is done on the sides of huts, clothing, tools, or even rocks and other natural formations. Most history and lessons are passed down orally from one generation to the next.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon View Post
    From WoWWiki:

Taur-ahe

Taur-ahe, also known as Taurahe, is the language of tauren. It is pronounced "taur-AH-heh." The language of the tauren is often harsh and low sounding. Tauren do not have an alphabet as other races do; their written language is made of elaborate pictograms and pictoforms. While the tauren have a written language, based on pictoforms rather than alphabet, their nomadic ancestry discouraged writing.

As such, written documentation usually falls to the tribe's shamans and is done on the sides of huts, clothing, tools, or even rocks and other natural formations. Most history and lessons are passed down orally from one generation to the next.
    First of All, wowwiki is dead. Second of All, dude... There are scrolls in the game you can click and read, written by the tauren. Why deny that?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I agree with you. Druids, since we have cool unique forms, have always been balanced across the faction. They even avoided giving trolls druids until cataclysm when worgen were introduced.

I highly doubt Dark Iron dwarves will be able to be druids, so unless they open it to some of the currently existing races, it'll be 2-4 for the time being. I just hope that the new round of allied races will bring it even.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis