Thread: "MUH Vanilla"

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalek View Post
    If something didn't belong in vanilla then they likely wouldn't of had it in the first place, yes their we're changes made in the final days of vanilla to accommodate the incoming TBC, well maybe that's what the community and Blizzard should debate/poll on instead of discussing: "Lets Rebalance all the imbalanced specs!" "Lets Rebalance the itemization!"
    You do realize that these things happened during vanilla? Itemization changes and class rebalances? It didn't made vanilla less vanilla, you know...
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygons View Post
    I'm okay with them fixing boss fights so they aren't impossible, I'm okay with them patching SW so you can't go under the city, I'm not okay with them adding dual spec or making the game easier for casuals.
    This is kinda ironic seeing how WoW was made to be the casual MMO over others like EQ back in the day....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronoos View Post
    What a shame these people who fought have different opinions.
    Lies, i have never seen in 5 years prior to the announcement people asking for QoL changes to Vanilla.
    This people did not "fought" for anything.

They heard the announcement and suddenly they are interested in ruining the party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course nothing that takes away from the vanilla experience should be done. Improving graphics/models does't take away from the Vanilla experience for example. Making more spec available doesn't take away from the experience, as long as they're not all tuned for raiding. Balancing could be something else than "making everyone equally good at raiding and pvp".
    I don't support optional model/graphic changes but I'd be open for it to be polled on by the community and only if it there was a near complete consensus should it even be considered by Blizzard.

Changing the balance of ANY specs/classes to something they weren't at some point during vanilla makes the server a failure, Classic is Classic, if you add 5% more damage to Moonfire without if ever having been that way at some point in vanilla its suddenly no longer vanilla or classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You do realize that these things happened during vanilla? Itemization changes and class rebalances? It didn't made vanilla less vanilla, you know...
    Yes I am aware things we're altered/balanced in vanilla and it is 100% perfectly fine to debate on changing/reverting/updating changes that actually happened within Vanilla its not authentic or classic to suggest for things that we're outside of it.

Debate 10 or 15man UBRS, Cross-Realm BG's, 8 or 16 slot debuff limit, whether a class balance change should exist in the beginning or come later in a patch to simulate the patch progression, Not Transmog plz or rebalance balance druids with imaginary numbers so they can do leet dps like everyone else.
    Last edited by Zaeyla; 2017-11-10 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    They can never fully recreate the true vanilla experience, it is going to be different no matter what. There will no doubt be bug fixes that were not present on live, or they wll be fixed much earlier they otherwise would have been.

Honestly they should call it Classic: remastered, and introduce bug fixes and some small QoL improvements that do not really impact the actual gameplay.
    They already said that "The experience will be as identical to Vanilla WoW as possible, but they are not sure at which point in the patch life cycle of the original game it will take place."

So no, they don't need to add any Qo Limprovements. Fixing bugs and technical issues that might cuase the game to crash or things such as that is given but the game itself does not need any changes.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes I am aware things we're altered/balanced in vanilla and it is 100% perfectly fine to debate on changing/reverting/updating changes that actually happened within Vanilla its not authentic or classic to suggest for things that we're outside of it.

Debate 10 or 15man UBRS, Cross-Realm BG's, 8 or 16 slot debuff limit, whether a class balance change should exist in the beginning or come later in a patch to simulate the patch progression, Not Transmog plz or rebalance balance druids with imaginary numbers so they can do leet dps like everyone else.
    Except... you know... these changes happened because blizzard followed some sort of strategy... now imagine if this strategy is what dictates "vanilla wow", and them making changes that follow this strategy actually keep the "authentic vanilla wow experience". Yes, just like they allowed druids to SS out of frost slows one day, they can pretty much allow druids to have a SS mana cost reducing talent baseline.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Lies, i have never seen in 5 years prior to the announcement people asking for QoL changes to Vanilla.
    This people did not "fought" for anything.

They heard the announcement and suddenly they are interested in ruining the party.
    Well, during my ten years in wow prior to the announcement, I've seen people wanting this in different iteration, regardless of how many laughable attacks you'll make on a foreigners skills in english (or whatever silly thing you're trying to do).

- - - Updated - - -

I don't support optional model/graphic changes but I'd be open for it to be polled on by the community and only if it there was a near complete consensus should it even be considered by Blizzard.

Changing the balance of ANY specs/classes to something they weren't at some point during vanilla makes the server a failure, Classic is Classic, if you add 5% more damage to Moonfire without if ever having been that way at some point in vanilla its suddenly no longer vanilla or classic.

Adding 5 percent damage to moonfire won't break away from the spirit of Vanilla either. It could perhaps greatly improve on it. It's not about what was in the game 14 years ago, it's about what makes the best vanilla experience.

And sure, if Blizzard finds that inferior graphics and models are more popular, that's the way to go. If Blizzard finds that people will enjoy a game with fewer viable classes and specs (although more could have been, while still staying true to the vanilla spirit), then go ahead. I will enjoy wow:classic either way.
    Last edited by mmoc0840a05313; 2017-11-10 at 06:57 AM.

Deleted
    Well, during my ten years in wow prior to the announcement, I've seen people wanting this in different iteration, regardless of how many laughable attacks you'll make on a foreigners skills in english (or whatever silly thing you're trying to do).
    Well on another thread some guy admmitted to have "zero intentions of playing Classic" and still he is here asking for QoL changes.

Proof of what im trying to say.
    "People who asked for Vanilla all this years are not the same people who are asking for QoL changes now"
    People asking for QoL changes are:
    1)trolls
    2)People who played Vanilla and have no intentions of playing it again
    3)Retail users

Deleted
    Well on another thread some guy admmitted to have "zero intentions of playing Classic" and still he is here asking for QoL changes.

"People who asked for Vanilla all this years are not the same people who are asking for QoL changes now"
    1)trolls
    3)Retail users
    I'm no troll, retail user and I intend to play wow:classic (no matter which direction). Guess that disproves your theory.

it's ok I guess that people don't want any changes at all...but I can't for the life of me understand WHY. Vanilla's systems were shit in 2004 and they're even worse now, you can still have an amazing vanilla experience, the things you ACTUALLY miss while having upgraded the systems, like an updated interface menu, moveable frames and just the most basic shit that has 0 impact on the game.

Why would anyone be against updating the game engine/graphics of the world, that's like not wanting an ocarina of time on unreal4 engine..I just don't understand it ;(

Deleted
    I'm no troll, retail user and I intend to play wow:classic (no matter which direction). Guess that disproves your theory.
    At least you intend to play Classic no matter which direction.
    But someone who wants changes is already showing little interest in experiencing Vanilla.
    Why should we listen to people who show little interest in playing Vanilla if by wanting changes they are already showing signs of:
    "meh...maybe i play it if....changes"
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-11-10 at 07:18 AM.

Lol.

This reads like a kid throwing a tantrum when a neighbor kid gets a new basketball hoop.

If you're on a vendetta against Vanilla, you could just ignore it and save yourself some heartache.

Deleted
    At least you intend to play Classic no matter which direction.
    But someone who wants changes is already showing little interest in experiencing Vanilla.
    Why should we listen to people who show little interest in playing Vanilla if by wanting changes they are already showing signs of:
    "meh...maybe i play it if....changes"
    Well, if some people can only imagine playing wow:classic provided some changes are made, then of course it's not a game for them. Essentially, wow:classic should be about Vanilla wow, and I can only see sensible improvements as a plus, nothing else. Vanilla was and is of course great, just as it was 2004.

10+ Year Old Account

1)trolls
    3)Retail users
    I'm neither of these 3, i did played in vanilla and i will gladly play wow:classic if it will give authentic experience (whatever it means), but private servers and this "drop 1.12 patch and gate content" bullshit is not vanilla experience by any stretch of imagination. I simply take it real - they are going to make changes, there is no way around it, but they promise that it won't break "the spirit" (or whatever) of the game, so if the auto-loot will be in the game - i'm fine with it (mostly because i won't be able to recreate it using too powerful ingame LUA), if they'll rebalance classes, so you won't need to /sit during the fight to get rage (as a tank) - yeah, that's fine too. If they'll rebalance mana cost on shit like cure poison - again, it's ok, it doesn't break "vanilla spirit", because shit like that was happening all over the vanilla wow, you can't make "static" vanilla wow, it was constantly changing. The worst thing you can do when trying to make "authentic experience of vanilla wow" is drop the last patch and make no changes whatsoever.

I just want to play on a server where I sometimes have to make some planning before pulling a mob or group of mobs throughout the entire gameplay.

There is more to it than that, but that is the most primal desire for me to want to play on classic servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    But a lot of people that want vanilla actually prefer it because it doesn't have all the QoL changes that some people want. So which crowd should be listened to?
    Definitely not the one that is so spiteful they even want the bugs and low-poly models.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I'm neither of these 3, i did played in vanilla and i will gladly play wow:classic if it will give authentic experience (whatever it means), but private servers and this "drop 1.12 patch and gate content" bullshit is not vanilla experience by any stretch of imagination. I simply take it real - they are going to make changes, there is no way around it, but they promise that it won't break "the spirit" (or whatever) of the game, so if the auto-loot will be in the game - i'm fine with it (mostly because i won't be able to recreate it using too powerful ingame LUA), if they'll rebalance classes, so you won't need to /sit during the fight to get rage (as a tank) - yeah, that's fine too. If they'll rebalance mana cost on shit like cure poison - again, it's ok, it doesn't break "vanilla spirit", because shit like that was happening all over the vanilla wow, you can't make "static" vanilla wow, it was constantly changing. The worst thing you can do when trying to make "authentic experience of vanilla wow" is drop the last patch and make no changes whatsoever.
    We have to be realistic though.
    You want Blizz to make the game imbalanced and to release patches mid WoW:Classic?
    Isn't that a bit too much?

At least the last patch was the reality of Vanilla WoW for a lot of people for some time. That is still something. It's still Vanilla.

In other words, you just guessed that all players on nost wanted a purist version and nothing else? It can't be that some players would indeed prefer, if the option is on the table, to make an adaption where sensible improvements that stay true to Vanilla are made? Personally, I don't claim to represent a group. I'm simply using arguments for my case, and the best way to meet them is to refute them, not argue about the debate. Neither you or I can claim that sensible changes is disrespecting the nost community.

If you have a problem with my argument, don't just dismiss it as "hypocritical". Instead, tell me how the logic is flawed. Sadly, you don't seem to want to have a debate about the actual arguments, but instead a debate about the debate, and who is justified to think what.

As a last note, people who "cry" for changes are just the same people who cried after vanilla servers in the first place. They're also people who did not do that. You speak about the vanilla community as it was an entity with a single mind, that is not the case.
    When an topic is heatedly debated and someone that generally does not care enters the fray with an open mind and hope to see other's positions, it can be both fruitful and disastrous. Misunderstandings abound, with the individual only worried about what others think and not what they may want. I've made my peace with not playing Vanilla if it's pure vanilla since I don't have time and don't want to play that, and I will try it if there are changes. This is me acting against my own self interest; to walk in another's shoes, to attempt to think objectively minus a few sarcastic jibes here and there and there such as my Ice Cream joke / locking levels and my making fun of Pure Vanilla by just auto attacking. When in direct conflict with another, there may be a sort of animosity when large amounts of text are written. Misunderstandings. Indeed, even superfluous text (and or typos / improper deletion of a section to form an nonsensical sentence) or repeating oneself if a response is long enough. Though I'd like to write here that I respect Cronoos' opinion and my opinions are merely my own. That said... it is...

"Debating Debate"

...definitely hard to respond to someone essentially saying respond to this and don't dismiss it, but don't respond to it because that would be arguing the debate (from how I read it). Especially -- and I target this section -- because your prime examples support both of our thoughts and I was never against something you said I have yet to refute. I even said that I was personally for it by responding "Like I said, I'd be all over a World of Warcraft remake. Which is essentially what these proposed changes will make it, and not a Vanilla server." (additional quotes at the bottom). Subject to one's definition of Vanilla and "Remake" (which one could say remaster as you add new graphics and QoL -- that is, not the original experience and not counting the new code they have to write and adaptations to the engine; they can't just "flip the switch" as our only source said at 2016's Blizzcon). With me further noting that they had to remake a lot of the code (since they mentioned such things as losing the code for our main bag when they had a interview about it), so it would be that regardless of what we do. I will admit my own fault in not being more clear and allowing my zeal for other people to overshadow my point in that I -- as much as I tried to say I agreed with him personally -- was not entirely clear when it came to that.

"My take on your words and the situations"

My take on the situation of Spiritual Successors? It is not practical to rely on making the perfect spiritual successor. But I agree with the premise of it being possible and would like to see it done. Yet still, hold firm that -- the big theme being differing opinions -- there are people who will feel screwed over. People who deserve what they want far more than I do. You yourself may be someone who deserves what they want more than I do, as all I did was read and note a massive amount of the old "We want Legacy" threads and support nost friends that kept on talking about it.

"Debating Debate"

Aside from that, I'll respect the way you read what I wrote. Though from my viewpoint I responded appropriately to what you offered in the post I quoted (and I will quote your other posts later to respond to them again). Though I'm not entirely sure if you're responding to the right person. In fact, you mentioned that I've made "no argument" in your second paragraph, and that there is no argument in the third; If true (and I believe I did to the best of my ability) this is because I originally made no arguments against the second and why would I waste time on the third if it can't be refuted (I'm sure you've spoken with someone who used absolutes and know the feeling regarding this; it also shows why I'm curious as to why you quoted me as I made no argument to the contrary)? Or maybe I should have said, "Hey! You made a remark that I was never against in my writing or stated something obvious just to have something to say! Congratulations." But why did you make it? What is it in response to?

Let's break them down, despite being unsure if you want me to state such or if you don't since it isn't what you want (Not trying to be sarcastic here, I'm seriously confused)?

"Debating Debate and Responding to what you wrote, your ideas."

Paragraph one of the above: What is there to refute in your quote compared to what I have maintained in my writings? The only thing you mentioned is that I am "speaking for others" when expressing my opinion. I have said that I prefer a server that has a ton of of QoL improvements. But that I will not usurp those that did fight for the vanilla experience. Thinking you were referring this -- the only logical thing to think in my position -- I put up a method of my thought process. Yet somehow that is construed as debating the debate. Or a few sentences or paragraphs here or there are paid attention to to come to such a conclusion.

It's a hard sell to argue that there is no debate about what you wrote and then complain there is no debate about what you wrote. Likewise, it's difficult to believe that you'd make the "villain" out of someone saying "What gives you the right to have opinions and speak for them?" Just because you're passionate about something. And then follow suit that everyone has opinions, as well as everyone having given opinions. With no use of "everyone" ever being used on my part. It also isn't fair to remark on how someone debates, then complain that they're deconstructing your words with their own viewpoints, precedence and so on.

I responded (to the best of my ability and understanding) to your first sentence. Your second sentence. And your last paragraph. If you disagree with this, then I'm sure there are others that will agree with you on that. Because, hey, the whole point was that everyone has different opinions, was it not? Apparently I have to write "I have a problem with this prior to writing about the problem I had, or have been describing this whole time. Perhaps it is my side note that I felt your statement was contradictory that made it feel this way. Maybe I need to reread what I wrote, maybe my articulation was off. You know, I'll blame my own lack of comprehension and realization as to your intent (Or presumed intent). Though when writing that, I was certain I already addressed the flaws.

Honestly, from my viewpoint, nothing you have offered me in the last two posts has been about the topic at hand, or at the very least had no reason to be directed at me since we've no personal disagreements. Though I recognize your words, your thoughts and have noted; the situation whereby they contradict each other is irrelevant when your message of what you want -- and your need to write me personally about it -- is what should be heard. Well, I feel as though I should say that I hear it and simply nod my head. I can't say you're wrong, as you want what you want. And I hope you get it -- just like I hope those who want pure Vanilla get it. I'd play your version over pure Vanilla. As I stated before, I can't stand the old flight master system and having to pick nearby destinations over and over again.

"Synopsis and the direct problem I have with your post"

You essentially do not agree (from what I've gathered) that I feel people that worked for vanilla would be upset or screwed over. It is, after all, based on your own words that I draw this conclusion. My previous assertions were "Let us not fool ourselves"; this is a statement that holds true and was not refuted by you. You only promoted it with your assertions of differing ideologies and stating that there is not a single mind most recently. Yet then said that I haven't refuted something that I never aimed to refute? That changes can be made and still hold to the "spirit". The problem I have -- and here, I've wrote it this time -- was that this goes against everyone having an opinion against that. I made mention that you literally refuted yourself. Perhaps poorly articulated on my part. Suddenly, you're speaking for "Purists" now, as you claimed I am in that purists think changes can be good. How can I argue or even hold a conversation with you when you are both agreeing with me and presenting me with something to refute that I don't recall personally delving into? Can something hold onto the spirit of something? Sure. Does everyone think that? You yourself said no after the fact. And the fine line is nearly impossible to find to the point where, yes, my original point, people will be upset. The only way to delve into the matter is to discuss exactly what you wrote, and my own reasoning. Which somehow isn't a part of the debate, when there isn't a clear topic at hand as I'm on your side, yet you're against yourself and me.

I'm not dismissing you. I hear you.

I don't think taking the time to write all of that is dismissing you. Simply saying you refute yourself and moving on would have been dismissing you. My own thoughts on the matter are just as passionate -- but not for myself. I want that experience that people remember for the people -- not just potentially the bad, but just the magic of first logging into Vanilla or TBC and seeing the world. Exploring. Meeting friends. This is something I remember the most and deviations from that path, I admit, may insert a worry that people would not get the same experience. I've already experienced it. Made those friends. But others have not. And many that wanted Vanilla miss that.

With regards to the final paragraph, I very much stated earlier that if the majority that fought for it believed in the changes, the more power to them. Believe to have reiterated such. Even noted that the majority or the most vocal brings about the most evidence, rather than relying on what "we think" or what "I feel". This is the difference between an educated guess and a guess (not to imply superiority in education, but rather to note the quality of opinions as I'm sure you've heard this term before). The former can be wrong the latter right. We already established that everyone has a viewpoint. You did so to your writing's own detriment. What is unrealistic is assumptions without cause or basis. Or present a question or statement that someone wasn't against in the first place. What can you write beyond stating "This is irrefutable" and "You haven't refuted this"? Is it personal want and logic? I'd like to see an the aforementioned "educated opinion" in statements.

"The Problem with Arguments in a scholastic writing or debate."

That is my problem with your writing. There is nothing to debate as I don't know where you're coming from in that I don't know why you quoted me if you read my previous statements. From my own comprehension (and without reading posts that I wasn't quoted in since you're apparently responding to my past comments in the thread) You're just saying things for the sake of it without substance. The problem with "arguments" is that they're rhetoric without a foundation. Without precedence and without gathered data from years on the topic at hand. I could easily make an argument "We'd be healthier if the sky was red." Well? Someone might be color blind. Colors are perceived different. How can we refute that? We only have scientific evidence, general understanding based on what we have and what we know, etc. Will the sun still give the same light? With our atmosphere have a difference if something really was different? Arguments must have questions or precedence presented be be validated. They cannot be used as an end-all, be all. At least when it comes to topics where you quoted myself. Perhaps out of passion. Perhaps to get the message across. Maybe you just don't care but are just stating arguments for the sake of it. I don't know. Though I'll make note of what you sent me in this thread and reply to such in an attempt to talk about what I think you've been trying to talk about? Honestly, if someone presents a table of events and a conclusion, and another states an argument while empty handed, there is really nothing to refute. Even something incredibly small would have challenged my table that -- while we know those chains of events took place -- a reader without knowledge would not -- and made me think, "Okay, that's an acceptable theory." No argument or debate needed. But I only saw contradictions those arguments you said you're using. I believe in the spiritual successor theory based on personal want, but not from a moral or scholastic point of view. I also want to know what ingredients are in my food and not, "it's fine, people have been eating it for years. You can't argue with that!" -- An argument or statement in itself that gives specific example we can relate to and understand.

"The only thing I see from you in my history are small posts: Done for posterity"
    "Or maybe, just maybe, people want vanilla ice cream from 2018-ish and not vanilla ice cream from 2004? "

Locking our characters at 60 isn't "Vanilla 2018". That's legion level 60. There's a huge different. A lot of QoL isn't in the spirit of Vanilla, which means that it would be chocolate or some other taste.
    And as mentioned before, the graphics can be spoiled by lowering them. No worries there.

You can make changes for the better, that will stay true to the spirit of Vanilla. Very few people actually says that wow:classic should be like retail.

You can't create a 2004 MMORPG, year 2018. This must be a new adaptions that stays true to the core principles, only making improvements that makes sense. Change does't equal retail version. It equals a better, Blizzard-quality game, that gives you a fun experience 2018.

-- of Which I responded with what I wrote above. "Let's not fool ourselves" in saying we won't screw people over as people have different thoughts on the matter. I didn't say "all people", make note. Is the premise of your entire argument -- even the last words you wrote -- wrong? People don't have personal thoughts? How is that -- and the fine line it takes to make changes perfect to honor the spirit -- not an adequate response? Perhaps not to you. But that's perfectly okay.

-First quote: Personal opinions -- we all have them. Addressed above.
    -Second quote: No personal arguments here. I noted that I could lock my level 60 now and get the current QoL changes now. While true, it was meant to be sarcastic -- I also wrote something later on that I only auto attack to get the full experience. Graphics are important to me. I didn't say anything to the contrary.
    -Third -- Actually agreed with you when I responded. Not sure why you said I didn't refute. Said that I totally want that experience. If they can perfect it -- very hard to do -- then it would be great for me. But still doesn't change the fact that people have different opinions and some would feel screwed. Which you agreed to with his recent statements. Thus, my overall confusion.

If you'd like to bring a topic to discuss that we disagree on -- and not one where you both disagree and disagree with me and yourself, and I agree with you on a personal level, then I'm all for it. I do not disagree with your wants or deny that you want them. Or the fact that many people want changes. I simply infer that there are two sides of every coin, and I worry for those that -did- post "We want vanilla" and actually wanted Vanilla. This is their last chance to get something official like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    They already said that "The experience will be as identical to Vanilla WoW as possible, but they are not sure at which point in the patch life cycle of the original game it will take place."

So no, they don't need to add any Qo Limprovements. Fixing bugs and technical issues that might cuase the game to crash or things such as that is given but the game itself does not need any changes.
    well, unless they plan to rerelease patches over time as the vanilla did, the game should obviously be at naxx/1.12 patch, at that point, they managed to revamp plenty of talent trees to not completely suck (unfortunately not shaman, who got it in tbc) and I think they increased the rep gains for some of the insane factions like the furbolgs in the moonglade tunnel or cenarion circle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindothyx View Post
    When an topic is heatedly debated and someone that generally does not care enters the fray with an open mind and hope to see other's positions, it can be both fruitful and disastrous. Misunderstandings abound, with the individual only worried about what others think and not what they may want. I've made my peace with not playing Vanilla if it's pure vanilla since I don't have time and don't want to play that, and I will try it if there are changes. This is me acting against my own self interest; to walk in another's shoes, to attempt to think objectively minus a few sarcastic jibes here and there and there such as my Ice Cream joke / locking levels and my making fun of Pure Vanilla by just auto attacking. When in direct conflict with another, there may be a sort of animosity when large amounts of text are written. Misunderstandings. Indeed, even superfluous text (and or typos / improper deletion of a section to form an nonsensical sentence) or repeating oneself if a response is long enough. Though I'd like to write here that I respect Cronoos' opinion and my opinions are merely my own. That said... it is...

"Debating Debate"

...definitely hard to respond to someone essentially saying respond to this and don't dismiss it, but don't respond to it because that would be arguing the debate (from how I read it). Especially -- and I target this section -- because your prime examples support both of our thoughts and I was never against something you said I have yet to refute. I even said that I was personally for it by responding "Like I said, I'd be all over a World of Warcraft remake. Which is essentially what these proposed changes will make it, and not a Vanilla server." (additional quotes at the bottom). Subject to one's definition of Vanilla and "Remake" (which one could say remaster as you add new graphics and QoL -- that is, not the original experience and not counting the new code they have to write and adaptations to the engine; they can't just "flip the switch" as our only source said at 2016's Blizzcon). With me further noting that they had to remake a lot of the code (since they mentioned such things as losing the code for our main bag when they had a interview about it), so it would be that regardless of what we do. I will admit my own fault in not being more clear and allowing my zeal for other people to overshadow my point in that I -- as much as I tried to say I agreed with him personally -- was not entirely clear when it came to that.

"My take on your words and the situations"

My take on the situation of Spiritual Successors? It is not practical to rely on making the perfect spiritual successor. But I agree with the premise of it being possible and would like to see it done. Yet still, hold firm that -- the big theme being differing opinions -- there are people who will feel screwed over. People who deserve what they want far more than I do. You yourself may be someone who deserves what they want more than I do, as all I did was read and note a massive amount of the old "We want Legacy" threads and support nost friends that kept on talking about it.

"Debating Debate"

Aside from that, I'll respect the way you read what I wrote. Though from my viewpoint I responded appropriately to what you offered in the post I quoted (and I will quote your other posts later to respond to them again). Though I'm not entirely sure if you're responding to the right person. In fact, you mentioned that I've made "no argument" in your second paragraph, and that there is no argument in the third; If true (and I believe I did to the best of my ability) this is because I originally made no arguments against the second and why would I waste time on the third if it can't be refuted (I'm sure you've spoken with someone who used absolutes and know the feeling regarding this; it also shows why I'm curious as to why you quoted me as I made no argument to the contrary)? Or maybe I should have said, "Hey! You made a remark that I was never against in my writing or stated something obvious just to have something to say! Congratulations." But why did you make it? What is it in response to?

Let's break them down, despite being unsure if you want me to state such or if you don't since it isn't what you want (Not trying to be sarcastic here, I'm seriously confused)?

"Debating Debate and Responding to what you wrote, your ideas."

Paragraph one of the above: What is there to refute in your quote compared to what I have maintained in my writings? The only thing you mentioned is that I am "speaking for others" when expressing my opinion. I have said that I prefer a server that has a ton of of QoL improvements. But that I will not usurp those that did fight for the vanilla experience. Thinking you were referring this -- the only logical thing to think in my position -- I put up a method of my thought process. Yet somehow that is construed as debating the debate. Or a few sentences or paragraphs here or there are paid attention to to come to such a conclusion.

It's a hard sell to argue that there is no debate about what you wrote and then complain there is no debate about what you wrote. Likewise, it's difficult to believe that you'd make the "villain" out of someone saying "What gives you the right to have opinions and speak for them?" Just because you're passionate about something. And then follow suit that everyone has opinions, as well as everyone having given opinions. With no use of "everyone" ever being used on my part. It also isn't fair to remark on how someone debates, then complain that they're deconstructing your words with their own viewpoints, precedence and so on.

I responded (to the best of my ability and understanding) to your first sentence. Your second sentence. And your last paragraph. If you disagree with this, then I'm sure there are others that will agree with you on that. Because, hey, the whole point was that everyone has different opinions, was it not? Apparently I have to write "I have a problem with this prior to writing about the problem I had, or have been describing this whole time. Perhaps it is my side note that I felt your statement was contradictory that made it feel this way. Maybe I need to reread what I wrote, maybe my articulation was off. You know, I'll blame my own lack of comprehension and realization as to your intent (Or presumed intent). Though when writing that, I was certain I already addressed the flaws.

Honestly, from my viewpoint, nothing you have offered me in the last two posts has been about the topic at hand, or at the very least had no reason to be directed at me since we've no personal disagreements. Though I recognize your words, your thoughts and have noted; the situation whereby they contradict each other is irrelevant when your message of what you want -- and your need to write me personally about it -- is what should be heard. Well, I feel as though I should say that I hear it and simply nod my head. I can't say you're wrong, as you want what you want. And I hope you get it -- just like I hope those who want pure Vanilla get it. I'd play your version over pure Vanilla. As I stated before, I can't stand the old flight master system and having to pick nearby destinations over and over again.

"Synopsis and the direct problem I have with your post"

You essentially do not agree (from what I've gathered) that I feel people that worked for vanilla would be upset or screwed over. It is, after all, based on your own words that I draw this conclusion. My previous assertions were "Let us not fool ourselves"; this is a statement that holds true and was not refuted by you. You only promoted it with your assertions of differing ideologies and stating that there is not a single mind most recently. Yet then said that I haven't refuted something that I never aimed to refute? That changes can be made and still hold to the "spirit". The problem I have -- and here, I've wrote it this time -- was that this goes against everyone having an opinion against that. I made mention that you literally refuted yourself. Perhaps poorly articulated on my part. Suddenly, you're speaking for "Purists" now, as you claimed I am in that purists think changes can be good. How can I argue or even hold a conversation with you when you are both agreeing with me and presenting me with something to refute that I don't recall personally delving into? Can something hold onto the spirit of something? Sure. Does everyone think that? You yourself said no after the fact. And the fine line is nearly impossible to find to the point where, yes, my original point, people will be upset. The only way to delve into the matter is to discuss exactly what you wrote, and my own reasoning. Which somehow isn't a part of the debate, when there isn't a clear topic at hand as I'm on your side, yet you're against yourself and me.

I'm not dismissing you. I hear you.

I don't think taking the time to write all of that is dismissing you. Simply saying you refute yourself and moving on would have been dismissing you. My own thoughts on the matter are just as passionate -- but not for myself. I want that experience that people remember for the people -- not just potentially the bad, but just the magic of first logging into Vanilla or TBC and seeing the world. Exploring. Meeting friends. This is something I remember the most and deviations from that path, I admit, may insert a worry that people would not get the same experience. I've already experienced it. Made those friends. But others have not. And many that wanted Vanilla miss that.

With regards to the final paragraph, I very much stated earlier that if the majority that fought for it believed in the changes, the more power to them. Believe to have reiterated such. Even noted that the majority or the most vocal brings about the most evidence, rather than relying on what "we think" or what "I feel". This is the difference between an educated guess and a guess (not to imply superiority in education, but rather to note the quality of opinions as I'm sure you've heard this term before). The former can be wrong the latter right. We already established that everyone has a viewpoint. You did so to your writing's own detriment. What is unrealistic is assumptions without cause or basis. Or present a question or statement that someone wasn't against in the first place. What can you write beyond stating "This is irrefutable" and "You haven't refuted this"? Is it personal want and logic? I'd like to see an the aforementioned "educated opinion" in statements.

"The Problem with Arguments in a scholastic writing or debate."

That is my problem with your writing. There is nothing to debate as I don't know where you're coming from in that I don't know why you quoted me if you read my previous statements. From my own comprehension (and without reading posts that I wasn't quoted in since you're apparently responding to my past comments in the thread) You're just saying things for the sake of it without substance. The problem with "arguments" is that they're rhetoric without a foundation. Without precedence and without gathered data from years on the topic at hand. I could easily make an argument "We'd be healthier if the sky was red." Well? Someone might be color blind. Colors are perceived different. How can we refute that? We only have scientific evidence, general understanding based on what we have and what we know, etc. Will the sun still give the same light? With our atmosphere have a difference if something really was different? Arguments must have questions or precedence presented be be validated. They cannot be used as an end-all, be all. At least when it comes to topics where you quoted myself. Perhaps out of passion. Perhaps to get the message across. Maybe you just don't care but are just stating arguments for the sake of it. I don't know. Though I'll make note of what you sent me in this thread and reply to such in an attempt to talk about what I think you've been trying to talk about? Honestly, if someone presents a table of events and a conclusion, and another states an argument while empty handed, there is really nothing to refute. Even something incredibly small would have challenged my table that -- while we know those chains of events took place -- a reader without knowledge would not -- and made me think, "Okay, that's an acceptable theory." No argument or debate needed. But I only saw contradictions those arguments you said you're using. I believe in the spiritual successor theory based on personal want, but not from a moral or scholastic point of view. I also want to know what ingredients are in my food and not, "it's fine, people have been eating it for years. You can't argue with that!" -- An argument or statement in itself that gives specific example we can relate to and understand.

"The only thing I see from you in my history are small posts: Done for posterity"

-- of Which I responded with what I wrote above. "Let's not fool ourselves" in saying we won't screw people over as people have different thoughts on the matter. I didn't say "all people", make note. Is the premise of your entire argument -- even the last words you wrote -- wrong? People don't have personal thoughts? How is that -- and the fine line it takes to make changes perfect to honor the spirit -- not an adequate response? Perhaps not to you. But that's perfectly okay.

-First quote: Personal opinions -- we all have them. Addressed above.
    -Second quote: No personal arguments here. I noted that I could lock my level 60 now and get the current QoL changes now. While true, it was meant to be sarcastic -- I also wrote something later on that I only auto attack to get the full experience. Graphics are important to me. I didn't say anything to the contrary.
    -Third -- Actually agreed with you when I responded. Not sure why you said I didn't refute. Said that I totally want that experience. If they can perfect it -- very hard to do -- then it would be great for me. But still doesn't change the fact that people have different opinions and some would feel screwed. Which you agreed to with his recent statements. Thus, my overall confusion.

If you'd like to bring a topic to discuss that we disagree on -- and not one where you both disagree and disagree with me and yourself, and I agree with you on a personal level, then I'm all for it. I do not disagree with your wants or deny that you want them. Or the fact that many people want changes. I simply infer that there are two sides of every coin, and I worry for those that -did- post "We want vanilla" and actually wanted Vanilla. This is their last chance to get something official like that.
    Well, that's nice of you to write such an extensive and exhaustive text, and I want to make clear that I meant no offense (be it that I misunderstood you or referred to another poster). I won't sadly be able to answer all of it.

Basically, I think that Blizzard should aim to make a great vanilla experience 2018 (or whenever it's ready), regardless of what anyone of us thinks. I'm arguing for making sensible improvements that stays true to the spirit of vanilla, and would like to meet arguments against it. As you said (I think?), you had no intention of this and I'm sorry that I missunderstood. It'd seem that your purpose of posting here is different than mine.

I understand you have empathy for the people who fight for an exact replica of 2004 vanilla. However, that can't be the only parameter which Blizzard looks at when they decide which direction to take, regardless of how sympathetic their cause is. My purpose here is not to discuss wether their cause is sympathetic or not, but which direction the game should take. If you have no problems with my arguments, I assume there is nothing to discuss between us.