Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity91 View Post
    They seriously had kill quests with hundreds of mobs? o.O
    cant wait when you will realise vanilla had it kinda too only in more smart form of "farm 10 of item X with droprate 10% "

that was not difficulty - that way annoying and tedius waste of time

and thats what people who oppose cjanges are trying to force you into

people have no clue what is awaiting them - the awakening will be very rude.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    cant wait when you will realise vanilla had it kinda too only in more smart form of "farm 10 of item X with droprate 10% "

Why do only 3 boars in this whole field have a liver.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Of course I hit level 60 in Vanilla, that is how I know it was hard.

PS: you quoted a response to a different topic to the one you commented on, so my comment is out of context.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL - no, easy, medium and hard are all levels of things you CAN do.
    It's the fact you found anything in vanilla hard that just boggles my mind. Makes me wonder what you'd think of dark souls...

Quote Originally Posted by Vluffyvlaush View Post
    You can do them, but it is pain to tankswap without taunt. Huhuran was immun to taunt and as lucky alliance player we did the tankswaps with blessing of protection and forced huhuran off the tank. It is doable, but you are staring at ktm, stopping everything as active tank and wait for the paladin to pass you.
    hahah reminds me of one of our first onyxia kills, tanks wow froze and he told us he will need to restart, so everyone literally stopped dps and let one of the offtanks smash onyxia for a minute to grab aggro on her before the MT goes offline. thank god they went away with taunt imunne bosses...

Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    It's the fact you found anything in vanilla hard that just boggles my mind.
    Well, hard things tend to be hard - that's just the way things are.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Well, hard things tend to be hard - that's just the way things are.
    And yet the majority including my self found it easy?
    So if you found it hard yet as most posts show, most others found it easy were you just bad at it?

So far the words to describe vanilla from those who played it have been. Inconvenient, time consuming and boring and in hindsight compared to wow today I'd say there right. Wow was boring the number of hrs I wasted just traveling with my brain on auto pilot.
    Last edited by mmoc56f3565a46; 2017-11-09 at 05:02 PM.

And yet the majority including my self found it easy?
    You didn't. That's the rose coloured glasses coming back.

I suspect you are getting the meaning of the word wrong, hard doesn't mean impossible...it just means it takes some effort.

Anyway, I was there - it was hard. That's just a fact of vanilla.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Was real difficulty, not perceived. Levelling to 60 was itself a challenge.
    Wasn't challenging at all....just time consuming.

Yes we did (the hundreds of people I met in IF in the same boat), until towards the end when I finally got to run ZG and MC when someone with some experience decided to collect all us unemployed players and form a raid group
    I know the thread has 9 pages now, but..

You were simply bad. If you farmed enough resist gear, did the 10 and 20 mans, capped hit and weapon skills, you had enough sense to raid. There was never a problem with groups. I got 90% of my gear in Stratholme and UBRS and raided my within my first 2 weeks as 60.

90% of players never hit capped. And it cost you a lot of DPS. I was out DPSing full T2 carries with ZG and AQ20 gear, simply because of hit capped. The itemization was so poor that sometime getting Tier gear was a down grade, but show offs loved the Tier gear.

If you didn't raid it was because you weren't good enough at the game. Simple as that.

Deleted
    You didn't. That's the rose coloured glasses coming back.

I suspect you are getting the meaning of the word wrong, hard doesn't mean impossible...it just means it takes some effort.

Anyway, I was there - it was hard. That's just a fact of vanilla.
    It took no effort just time that's not hard. I was there i raided up to aq40 it was easy. Just boring and irritating. Only good thing about vanilla wow was my friend's I played with and the only reason I wasted so much time on it.

I think you just wernt very good at the game tbh

Also judging from ur post about how you didn't even raid till the end of vanilla..... Sorry you were just one of them scrubs that gawked at my epics and used to whisper me for gold / help on some stupid shit.
    Last edited by mmoc56f3565a46; 2017-11-09 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    10 man weren't considered raids back then. MC was the first oficial one. Also moving back them depended the player's awareness, not by a cluster of addons on the screen yelling what the player has to do. Won't even comment some of the changes that only showed up later on Vanilla, like marking mobs or even the debuff slots on the bosses.

- - - Updated - - -

I belive everyone fought him at Garr' area (never heard of raids that did that near the lava waterfall or the corridor like area) but it doesnt make it much better. 40 people spreading around is still a lot of people. More recent raids are done by addons actually. No one even looks to the screens anymore, its awful to look any video of recent raids and I suspect most that are avaliable had to "clear" some of the addons so people could watch it.

Take those addons out and I doubt the recent "pro" players wouldn't even be able to do quests, let alone raids. Hell, around wrath time screens were already cluttered with addons, nowadays its even worse from what I saw.

Hahahaha. It was worse back then if you were a healer. There weren't any official raid UIs, and the only one available was Cosmos, which was HUGE, clunky, and laggy. And decursive. Took up the vast majority of screen space. At least decursive was a button you spammed until they broke it.

Quote Originally Posted by FreaknRhinos View Post
    I know the thread has 9 pages now, but..

You were simply bad. If you farmed enough resist gear, did the 10 and 20 mans, capped hit and weapon skills, you had enough sense to raid. There was never a problem with groups. I got 90% of my gear in Stratholme and UBRS and raided my within my first 2 weeks as 60.

90% of players never hit capped. And it cost you a lot of DPS. I was out DPSing full T2 carries with ZG and AQ20 gear, simply because of hit capped. The itemization was so poor that sometime getting Tier gear was a down grade, but show offs loved the Tier gear.

If you didn't raid it was because you weren't good enough at the game. Simple as that.
    You needed 17% hit to cap in vanilla.
    Most talent trees gave 3% (some specs could get additional 3%)

The remaining +11-14% needed was next to impossible to achieve for most as gear rarely had +2 hit.
    (only damn nelth tear and some T3 gear)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    You needed 17% hit to cap in vanilla.
    Most talent trees gave 3% (some specs could get additional 3%)

The remaining +11-14% needed was next to impossible to achieve for most as gear rarely had +2 hit.
    (only damn nelth tear and some T3 gear)
    The most mandatory yet most unsatisfying stat in the history of the game :/

- - - Updated - - -

The most mandatory yet most unsatisfying stat in the history of the game :/
    Reminds me standing behind the boss was also actually important back then as parrys ment the tank took a ton more dmg and u lost dps to dodge and parry on top of misses

Yet some people who believe it is too easy, won't make it through the 7 to 10 days played time to hit level 60, with more if they can't figure out how to level with a level 60 ganker in STV forcing them to logout. Raiders will be much more prepared for the raiding mechanics, without a doubt, but you will still have to do all the pre-raid content, which was actually always a larger part of the game play in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    The game was always about raids and dungeons. .
    That is not true. Many played for a whole year leveling before hitting max level, quite a big chunk of them never set foot in even a dungeon, Yet they LOVED the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeydia View Post
    Leveling in vanilla was the hardest thing, not the raids or the unbalanced classes. I've been playing mage on vanilla since i was unable to level another character and when people start to remember things like you can't see any quest on the minimap or you have to know where you have to do the quest instead of going to the point on the map, many people will realize how easy is wow now.
    Or they will install Questie. But leveling a mage means drinking after every pull, and accidentally pulling aggro on 3 mobs might mean a long corpse run.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    For the more causal guilds just wanting to have fun, probably. For guilds that are wanting to race for world first (I'm sure there will be some) you're going to see raids with 10 mage, 10 rogues, 10 locks, 5 priests and 5 warriors. Or whatever proportions of healers you need etc.

They'll also all be horde to have bloodlust most likely.
    Clueless. A single ret paladin can buff all the casters. Some higher end guilds also used a single shadow priest (once the debuff limit was raised), I believe they brought the 15% shadow damage debuff and maybe mana regen for healers?

And horde were far from the best at raiding because paladin blessings were waaaay more broken than windfury, and fear ward far surpassed the garbage shaman totem that usually didn't even pulse until you were feared out of its range.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    That is not true. Many played for a whole year leveling before hitting max level, quite a big chunk of them never set foot in even a dungeon, Yet they LOVED the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Or they will install Questie. But leveling a mage means drinking after every pull, and accidentally pulling aggro on 3 mobs might mean a long corpse run.
    You leveled mages wrong. Blizzard aoe = 20 dead monsters and 1 mana bar. Drink while they respawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    Clueless. A single ret paladin can buff all the casters. Some higher end guilds also used a single shadow priest (once the debuff limit was raised), I believe they brought the 15% shadow damage debuff and maybe mana regen for healers?

And horde were far from the best at raiding because paladin blessings were waaaay more broken than windfury, and fear ward far surpassed the garbage shaman totem that usually didn't even pulse until you were feared out of its range.

- - - Updated - - -

You leveled mages wrong. Blizzard aoe = 20 dead monsters and 1 mana bar. Drink while they respawn.
    Also, Horde didnt have BL until 70 anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

Oh I n one that, I played vanilla for a little while, but I'm just surprised that they'd outright give you kill quests for hundreds of mobs ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    But leveling a mage means drinking after every pull, and accidentally pulling aggro on 3 mobs might mean a long corpse run.
    Mages are pretty good survivors. Blink, frost nova, sheep and rank1 frostbolts get you out of many sticky situations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I thought it was in vanilla? I may be mistaken.
    Yes you are
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Bloodlust

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Mages are pretty good survivors. Blink, frost nova, sheep and rank1 frostbolts get you out of many sticky situations.
    Was referring to the very early leveling, where you're basically fire-balling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Was referring to the very early leveling, where you're basically fire-balling.
    Yeah that was not the best part