Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Octayvius View Post
    I played vanilla when strat scholo and brd were ten man's, and ubrs was 15 man, i raided like that for a long time, is vanilla no longer vanilla if it makes those 5 man like it did later on forcing our guilds community to go through major issues? Or is it vanilla when it's 10 man? Which one is authentically more vanilla? This argument is so arbitrary and about muh feels it really blows away any comprehension on the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Loot a blood of the heroes then, there's pain and suffering, and straight exclusion, so you want to Larp or have an actual player base you can retain?
    Vanilla retained a player base the last time i checked, regardless of the annoyance of maintaining 2 sets and respec costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    If it's all about the grind, grind your extra gold

People were playing just fine , I pvped in a different spec then I raided and I did naxx and rank 13.
    Out of interest how old are you now and do you still have the same amount of time to invest in the game as you did in Vanilla?

Times change. Rolls with them.

You want classic, you play classic. Nothing more nothing less

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Out of interest how old are you now and do you still have the same amount of time to invest in the game as you did in Vanilla?

Times change. Rolls with them.
    Times change, play Legion.

Point of Classic is going BACK in time, not stop Legion at level 60 or whatever.

If its true vanilla, only one spec will work doesnt matter if you want dual spec.

The game won't be identical to Vanilla, it simply won't. It can't be.
    why not, thats what they are making, thats what people want

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Times change, play Legion.

Point of Classic is going BACK in time, not stop Legion at level 60 or whatever.
    Stopping at 60 in Legion would be horrendous! Everyone would power level in about a day and it would be shit.

Just because we're playing an older version of the game doesn't mean we need to repeat the mistakes of the past.

Where do you stand on bugs? Would you prefer them left in too?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firost View Post
    why not, thats what they are making, thats what people want
    No. They are making 'Classic' not 'Vanilla' there is a difference.

Again, where do you stand on the original bugs in the game? If they remove them then it's not 'Vanilla' and my original point is proven.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    wouldnt be vanilla then

gosh karma is a bitch isnt it ?
    I'm also fine with keeping things strictly as they are in Vanilla.

As you seem to be a bit stupid and only posting in these forum to troll, let me repeat it again : I support a 0 design change for Classic servers (strictly Vanilla, just bugfixes and what is required to make WoW compatible with their current architecture).
    I'm personally fine with a large number of changes, but as other people will have a different view of which changes are good, and most of those I see are absolutely not acceptable for me, I prefer to have "no changes at all" as a baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by FLANOFETT View Post
    think of it like Vanilla with a little chocolate syrup on top
    Wotlk was chocolate chips

No. They are making 'Classic' not 'Vanilla' there is a difference.

Again, where do you stand on the original bugs in the game? If they remove them then it's not 'Vanilla' and my original point is proven.
    you should read their interviews, vanilla and classic are just 2 names which you give different meanings, but thye are the same thing, also calling WoW Vanilla as official name is really not that good, classic sounds a lot better, doesnt change the fact. People want Vanilla(classic) wow, and thats what blizzard is doing.

What bugs ? Wall jumping ? being stucked in crouch position when looting ? i'm fine with those-

edit: what the dude above meant with "stoping at 60 in legion" is not caping at lvl 60, but apply everything modern wow has to vanilla ALL QOL, all implementations and so on. It would be awfull ... It would be very bad for new players like a lot, and also would suck for the "purists" so its a lose lose situation.
    Last edited by denisgsv; 2017-11-10 at 02:06 PM.

you should read their interviews, vanilla and classic are just 2 names which you give different meanings, but thye are the same thing, also calling WoW Vanilla as official name is really not that good, classic sounds a lot better, doesnt change the fact. People want Vanilla(classic) wow, and thats what blizzard is doing.

What bugs ? Wall jumping ? being stucked in crouch position when looting ? i'm fine with those-

edit: what the dude above meant with "stoping at 60 in legion" is not caping at lvl 60, but apply everything modern wow has to vanilla ALL QOL, all implementations and so on. It would be awfull ... It would be very bad for new players like a lot, and also would suck for the "purists" so its a lose lose situation.
    I agree it would be terrible. But that's not what people are asking for. It doesn't need to be all or nothing, but it does need to be something.

Learn to level two characters of the same class, one for PVE and one for PVP. That's Vanilla for you, mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's add LFG, flying, able to skin Onyxia without the need to have +skin enchant and the rare skin dagger/sword from BRS, and let's remove attunment too for QoL stuff to Vanilla
    I don't even understand what vanilla did those ppl play
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

what people for each stupid idea which someone makes a topic for there are many other which explain to him why it's dumb ...

We cant make just infinite topics writing "no" "dont" "next idea : NO" i mean we cant prevent such ideas, what we can do is answer that they are stupid, thats why you see a lot and only stupid ideas. There arent any "good" ones because its already "perfect".

So people who WANT vanilla/classic, arent asking for anything more then just simple plain original game. It doesnt need to be all or something it's enough for it to be "nothing = aka no changes".

Thats what they want to make and preserve, original wow.

Deleted
    I would be in for a faster respec cost reset.
    Taking a month to deduct 5g from the respec fee, means you where actually paying 50g for each respec, or you did not use the respec option.
    Still i am against dual spec. It is a decisive change, not a minor one.

haha you're already starting with this shit?

What the fuck? You wont have a custom game design based on what you like or dislike. You play current game or you play vanilla game exactly like it was in 2003.

what people for each stupid idea which someone makes a topic for there are many other which explain to him why it's dumb ...

We cant make just infinite topics writing "no" "dont" "next idea : NO" i mean we cant prevent such ideas, what we can do is answer that they are stupid, thats why you see a lot and only stupid ideas. There arent any "good" ones because its already "perfect".

So people who WANT vanilla/classic, arent asking for anything more then just simple plain original game. It doesnt need to be all or something it's enough for it to be "nothing = aka no changes".

Thats what they want to make and preserve, original wow.
    And there are people who want to play classic (the grind, bad gear, no mog, same raids, pvp, etc - but they'd like some QoL that doesn't ruin classic, but enhances the experience.)

They aren't stupid ideas because you disagree with them. These are forums, the whole point of them is to discuss things. Lots of people have weighed in on how they want no changes, others have weighed in saying it'd be great. What's not acceptable is when people try to shut down discussion they don't like.

I am with the OP. Been telling my friends that dual spec would make sense in classic, as it doesn't ruin the game play aspect of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Learn to level two characters of the same class, one for PVE and one for PVP. That's Vanilla for you, mate.
    I had a guildmate who lvled two paladins during TBC for that reason, one for holy one for pvp holy, yes even for just pvp u still needed change talents for serious arena, and since respec cost 50g (that was serious gold back then) he lvled 2 paladins instead, 1 pve 1 pvp, both holy
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derecho View Post
    And there are people who want to play classic (the grind, bad gear, no mog, same raids, pvp, etc - but they'd like some QoL that doesn't ruin classic, but enhances the experience.)

They aren't stupid ideas because you disagree with them. These are forums, the whole point of them is to discuss things. Lots of people have weighed in on how they want no changes, others have weighed in saying it'd be great. What's not acceptable is when people try to shut down discussion they don't like.

I am with the OP. Been telling my friends that dual spec would make sense in classic, as it doesn't ruin the game play aspect of it.
    The second you add systems that weren't in Pre-BC it is no longer a legacy realm but a Remastered edition. The only question you should ask yourself is "Was this system in Pre-BC?" if the answer is no then it doesn't belong on the Legacy realm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    I had a guildmate who lvled two paladins during TBC for that reason, one for holy one for pvp holy, yes even for just pvp u still needed change talents for serious arena, and since respec cost 50g (that was serious gold back then) he lvled 2 paladins instead, 1 pve 1 pvp, both holy
    There was no arena you had BG's but to be honest with you I was a Holy Paladin and I raided the same spec I PVP'd as.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...