Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Nah, i'm a 12 year old troll, But I would really like a wrath server if we're going down this rabbits hole.
    i would like to see that as well. i play retail as well as a private wrath server. i spend more time on retail but when im done my weekly chores i play the private server till raid time. so id say i spend about a quarter of my WoW time on a private server. Just really liked wrath.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really interested in playing Vanilla wow, but I'd really like to play Bc, and Wrath era wow. When will we get those servers? Or will we never get them If the Vanilla one falls on its face?
    Jesus christ. Blizzard themselves have said Classic may take years, and people have already moved on to wanting other nonsense
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Jesus christ. Blizzard themselves have said Classic may take years, and people have already moved on to wanting other nonsense
    That "nonsense" is exactly what made WoW so popular. Every old player will agree that WoW in Cata+ became something TOTALLY different if not horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    That "nonsense" is exactly what made WoW so popular. Every old player will agree that WoW in Cata+ became something TOTALLY different if not horrible.
    Wotlk. Please, stop giving wotlk credit, it was a shitty expansion.

I love wow and I will always play live since I'm not a nostalgic person, but fuck, I'm not too old to forget how mad and dissapointed I was with Wrath of the Lich king. Never forget the "get tier 9 with emblems of Valor". My god.

I'm not defending Cata by any means, since I didn't played it, came back in Wod (yeah lucky me) but it triggers me when I read comments grouping woltk as old school or as a part of golden age wow because it wasn't. It all went downhill there by the standars we had from vanilla and TBC (and even TBC is not regarded well by many vanilla snobs since it introduced flying, which for me I don't give a fuck because I never liked world pvp).
    Last edited by SilenceRedo; 2017-11-10 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceRedo View Post
    Wotlk. Please, stop giving wotlk credit, it was a shitty expansion.

I love wow and I will always play live since I'm not a nostalgic person, but fuck, I'm not too old to forget how mad and dissapointed I was with Wrath of the Lich king. Never forget the "get tier 9 with emblems of Valor". My god.
    I still remember how some pseudo-elitists were totally enraged when they saw that TBC greens were better than their raid epics.

I remember how TBC pseudo-elitists were far beyond totally enraged (if to put it lightly) when S3 came and PvPers could get gear which was on par with T4/T5 and looked like T6

Yeah, some people went into unstoppable frenzy when they saw you could get full tier just by running 5-men And those mega-loud people were the reason why Cata sucked so hard where first raid bosses had like trillions of mechanics, each one 1-shotting, where 5-men dungeons turned into mega arcade studio - avoid this or whole group dies! Those people hated Classic and demanded leveling being faster, so Cata destroyed all Classic content, made it super quick, nerfed classes, etc... Worst expansion ever which ruined WoW as we knew it.

Yeah, please, bring us good old WotLK

Edit: Also you used Emblems of Triumph (not Valor) to buy t9
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2017-11-10 at 02:49 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong. I've played since TBC, this game has gotten so much better over time. Proof= "Legion is too grindy". It's the players who have become worse
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

I'm not really interested in playing Vanilla wow, but I'd really like to play Bc, and Wrath era wow. When will we get those servers? Or will we never get them If the Vanilla one falls on its face?
    Depending on Classic's success, I would say they will follow a 2 years rotation and open old servers during the downtime of every retail xpacks.

I still remember how some pseudo-elitists were totally enraged when they saw that TBC greens were better than their raid epics.

I remember how TBC pseudo-elitists were far beyond totally enraged (if to put it lightly) when S3 came and PvPers could get gear which was on par with T4/T5 and looked like T6

Yeah, some people went into unstoppable frenzy when they saw you could get full tier just by running 5-men And those mega-loud people were the reason why Cata sucked so hard where first raid bosses had like trillions of mechanics, each one 1-shotting, where 5-men dungeons turned into mega arcade studio - avoid this or whole group dies! Those people hated Classic and demanded leveling being faster, so Cata destroyed all Classic content, made it super quick, nerfed classes, etc... Worst expansion ever which ruined WoW as we knew it.

Yeah, please, bring us good old WotLK

Edit: Also you used Emblems of Triumph (not Valor) to buy t9

It was the first time it happened. People could'nt believe the epics you worked so hard to get were outclassed by new questing greeen. But that wasn't "bad", after all these years you come to accept gear from previous xpac is OBSOLETE, there's nothing wrong with that. But, that first time yes, was a low kick, as it was to me until I understood the former.

Umm valor were the first Naxx 25 tokens right? Was heroism>Valor/Valorous>Conquest>Triumph>Frost. Yeah, my bad. And no, wotlk was shit. The other things you said are still in the game, the "buy tier with tokens" is thankfully gone.

Of course it doesn't compare with aberrations like LFR but still pretty bad. The ONE thing I give high five to wotlk is Hardmode, and with that, Ulduar, a magnificent raid. But that's it.

The game evolved with burnning crusade, some liked it, some don't. But with wotlk went a step back.
    Last edited by SilenceRedo; 2017-11-10 at 03:10 PM.

But I really want to play wrath again. That's the time period that was actually special to me.
    tough shit. Go to a private server if you want to play it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Depending on Classic's success, I would say they will follow a 2 years rotation and open old servers during the downtime of every retail xpacks.
    I was thinking it might make sense to release the Bc server when expansion after next launches. I don't really want to wait another 2 expansions for wrath, but I guess it would make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    tough shit. Go to a private server if you want to play it now.
    Wouldn't that jeopardize my account? I wouldn't want to do anything that might get me perm banned.

Wouldn't that jeopardize my account? I wouldn't want to do anything that might get me perm banned.
    Why not. Yes. Blizzard is scanning your computer to make sure that you don't go to google to find out about WotLK private servers. You agreed to this when you installed the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    if they do that, then they might as well make a server for each expansion. which is a bit ridiculous, IMO. Vanilla I think will be a moderate success; but it should stop there
    Why is that ridiculous? I mean if we're going down this path. I wouldn't mind playing Cataclysm again either. I really liked the way my class and spec played during that expansion.

We should get at least one server for every expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Why not. Yes. Blizzard is scanning your computer to make sure that you don't go to google to find out about WotLK private servers. You agreed to this when you installed the game.
    I doubt that.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Why is that ridiculous? I mean if we're going down this path. I wouldn't mind playing Cataclysm again either. I really liked the way my class and spec played during that expansion.

We should get at least one server for every expansion.

ok, maybe ridiculous was the wrong word to use but I really don't see the point of a server for every expansion. that being said, if they ever stop making expansions then it would definitely be good

They haven't even started work on Classic yet. It will probably go down like it does with Private servers. Everyone plays. Everyone seems to have a great time for a few months, then about 6+ months in you realize that the game has very little to do in it, and they think about TBC. Then once they get a taste of TBC they realize they never want to go back to classic.

Blizzard can honestly recreate this cycle like they did and everyone will probably love it. It could honestly continue through Cata and onwards if they just removed some of the stupid shit they added like LFR.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

"Give an inch, they take a mile."

How true is that.

For crying out loud, man! Classic servers were just announced! They don't have an ETA, they don't even know if it'll take months or years before classic servers are released...

Pipe down, wait and see how classic is doing, then think about asking for more, if the situation is favorable.

- - - Updated - - -

But Wrath isn't a patch, it's an expansion.
    And what is an expansion other than one huge content patch that you have to pay for? You're arguing semantics, there.

Shit threads must have hit an all-time record since blizzcon, seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    You wanted Vanilla, stop whining now.

It's already costing us a proper expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine Blizzard would be hesitant on releasing other realms but Classic, at least for some time. It'd be nice if everyone could pick and choose the expansion to play, but releasing all at the same time would split the community, harshly.

I just don't see them releasing all at once. If we are to get all expansions, it's going to take some time between new realms/expansions.

I guess it depends on how well Classic works

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    You wanted Vanilla, stop whining now.

It's already costing us a proper expansion.
    According to Blizzard, it's a separate team working on Classic and Retail. Blizzard was very vague on Classics possible release date (anywhere from months to years), so I'm leaning towards Classic realm not affecting retail much at all.