Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    So tired of seeing comments from Vanilla haters telling a community of a game they arent going to play, how to play it. There are Vanilla purists and we can understand why and there are people who want to remaster the game without touching the actual gameplay of grinds, social communities and so on. No body misses Vanilla WoW for its bugs/exploits, the specs with really bad balance, and so on. "If you change that then its not Vanilla" " you guys think you do but you dont, its not vanilla anymore if you do that" "if you want that then play retail"

Call it French Vanilla if you want but stop being dumb lol its a totally different game than retail and the changes people want to make to Vanilla do not make it retail nor take the fun or essence of what made Vanilla wow what it is. Look how well Pokemon was able to take its classic games and remake them while keeping the spirit of the game intact. Pokemon remakes go overboard by introducing new mechanics from new Pokemon games which is not what people are asking for, moreso the aesthetic appeal and small qol changes like picking loot up automatically.

If you arent going to play vanilla, dont give your opinion about it because it doesnt affect you and no ones cares. Imagine someone ordering a food you dont like the taste of and telling them how to enjoy it, what toppings to put on it, how to cook it. fuck off please. You have your own version of Wow to worry about and now is the best time to try and get your flying mounts at lvl 1, destroy factions, remove leveling, and have WOD with mythic+ a thing

"You asked for Vanilla thats what your getting" , clearly Im asking for more
    Cool, I mean you are literally saying "Hey you guys that we spent years complaining at about how Current Game was Shit and that we wanted Vanilla, well you guys shouldn't hate on our Game even though we've infected your Forums for 6+ years crying about how we wanted Vanilla and how your version was shit"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    I'm a purist and I want to play vanilla like I did back then. That includes laughing at people who think they will be allowed to play ret in end game content. That includes struggling to buy bags + skills + mount.
    Ehh. As someone who played Vanilla and was/is against Vanilla Servers, I both Raided and PvP'd successfully as a Ret Paladin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Personally I think more than half the people moaning for changes are of the anti-vanilla hatecrowd. They lost the argument of it never happening, so now what? They all admitted defeat? Yeah right. Now they are trying to ruin it for everyone by demanding changes, despite having no intention of playing themselves.
    Sounds like every Pro-Vanilla person for the last 6 years complaining about Retail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    This movement did not start because you finally decided to roll out of bed after 3 years. It started because vanilla private servers exploded in popularity and Blizzard invited the team behind the best one over to their headquarters. Its already been proven people like 1.12 as it was recreated on a private server and a Blizzard version is only going to be better if they stick to catering to the core audience. Your "point" is not only wholly irrelevant it actually does not even exist.
    So popular that less than 1% of the Games overall lifespan population played them and most of those just because it was free

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    YOU bithced and whined for years about how vanilla was so fucking awesome and all Blizzard had to do was pull the code out and relaunch it. Now you're getting it and you want them to changed things. If it was so awesome, why change? Oh, right, you're children with no self-control. The is why I'd have vetoed this were I Blizzard CEO - rewarding whiny kids never works. They always want more.
    I love youuuuuu. 100% this. So tired of seeing whiners whine about getting what they want and it not being good enough because *gasp* it was Vanilla. From all I've read, it seems *most* ("most") people who truly fought for Classic servers are getting what they want and want it to be exactly as it was, up to a certain patch point before the release of TBC (likely 1.12.1).

I hate how unhappy people have been with WHAT THEY HAVE let alone GETTING WHAT THEY WANT.

I also hate all the complaints when Blizz has released barely ANY information on the project aside from "it's happening, for better or for worse."

I dunno about y'all, but I like to eat cake when it's given to me, not spit on it and try to send it back for not having enough vanilla icing.

Most of the classic forums on this website and reddit are all the same.

Some people want the true vanilla, some people want the QoL, and then the people who didn't want vanilla servers try to police what should and shouldn't be in the game like their opinion means anything.

Best to do is just wait, constructive conversations. Saying things like Nope it wasn't in vanilla no, no, YOU CANT HAVE IT. Sounds more childish then just having fun and throwing around suggestions for the classic servers coming. I swear more people who hate vanilla browse these generals then the people who want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizerk View Post
    What people wan't doesn't matter. What matters is what blizzard gives (which probably won't be much). I'm just waiting for when the people who actually end playing start asking for new content, now that would be pretty funny.
    Most players never have and never will have cleared the endgame.

Even on a certain server that mods won't let me name, a lot of guilds haven't cleared BWL and it's been out since like July.

The content is there, most just aren't good/hard working enough to clear it. Ironically Vanilla mechanics are really not complicated, though I will admit they require very good execution and reflexes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Cool, I mean you are literally saying "Hey you guys that we spent years complaining at about how Current Game was Shit and that we wanted Vanilla, well you guys shouldn't hate on our Game even though we've infected your Forums for 6+ years crying about how we wanted Vanilla and how your version was shit"

- - - Updated - - -

Ehh. As someone who played Vanilla and was/is against Vanilla Servers, I both Raided and PvP'd successfully as a Ret Paladin.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like every Pro-Vanilla person for the last 6 years complaining about Retail.

- - - Updated - - -

So popular that less than 1% of the Games overall lifespan population played them and most of those just because it was free
    people are not asking for vanilla outdated interface its about bringing the community and grind back to wow. people are not asking to make vanilla wow like retail with all the crappy features its added like flying and shit. they are asking to polish the game up and Im not telling anyone not to hate on the game. You hate the game thats fine but you arent going to play it so your opinions on it are totally irrelevent lol. its like looking up music you dont like on youtube and saying I hate this. go listen to something you enjoy. go worry about retail. what is the point in saying "NO YOU ARE GOING TO ENJOY IT THE WAY IT IS" that is like telling someone to how to order food you dont like the taste of from a restaurant you dont plan to go too. gtfo lol

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Most players never have and never will have cleared the endgame.

Even on a certain server that mods won't let me name, a lot of guilds haven't cleared BWL and it's been out since like July.

The content is there, most just aren't good/hard working enough to clear it. Ironically Vanilla mechanics are really not complicated, though I will admit they require very good execution and reflexes.
    That notion isn't really being fair. Players who want to play hard challenging raid content play live WoW. Even if that weren't the case live servers simply have a larger player base and will therefore produce better guilds than private server possibly can. Its the same reason that no one really cared when the best raid guild in Wild Star switched to WoW, they just weren't as good as the best live WoW guilds.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    people are not asking for vanilla outdated interface its about bringing the community and grind back to wow. people are not asking to make vanilla wow like retail with all the crappy features its added like flying and shit. they are asking to polish the game up and Im not telling anyone not to hate on the game. You hate the game thats fine but you arent going to play it so your opinions on it are totally irrelevent lol. its like looking up music you dont like on youtube and saying I hate this. go listen to something you enjoy. go worry about retail. what is the point in saying "NO YOU ARE GOING TO ENJOY IT THE WAY IT IS" that is like telling someone to how to order food you dont like the taste of from a restaurant you dont plan to go too. gtfo lol
    Complaining for years that you want Vanilla back because it was "Superior" and then asking for changes is just stupid.

If you want Vanilla, you get Vanilla. If you don't want Vanilla, don't ask for it.

We caused enough noise to get Blizzard to give us our servers so the only loser here is you xD

Got carried successfully. You had no dmg meter to show that you were doing less than half of anyone else's dps.

Deleted
    So tired of seeing comments from Vanilla haters telling a community of a game they arent going to play, how to play it. There are Vanilla purists and we can understand why and there are people who want to remaster the game without touching the actual gameplay of grinds, social communities and so on. No body misses Vanilla WoW for its bugs/exploits, the specs with really bad balance, and so on. "If you change that then its not Vanilla" " you guys think you do but you dont, its not vanilla anymore if you do that" "if you want that then play retail"

Call it French Vanilla if you want but stop being dumb lol its a totally different game than retail and the changes people want to make to Vanilla do not make it retail nor take the fun or essence of what made Vanilla wow what it is. Look how well Pokemon was able to take its classic games and remake them while keeping the spirit of the game intact. Pokemon remakes go overboard by introducing new mechanics from new Pokemon games which is not what people are asking for, moreso the aesthetic appeal and small qol changes like picking loot up automatically.

If you arent going to play vanilla, dont give your opinion about it because it doesnt affect you and no ones cares. Imagine someone ordering a food you dont like the taste of and telling them how to enjoy it, what toppings to put on it, how to cook it. fuck off please. You have your own version of Wow to worry about and now is the best time to try and get your flying mounts at lvl 1, destroy factions, remove leveling, and have WOD with mythic+ a thing

So you want to go back to 1.0 but not THAAAAT much back.

You are everything that is wrong with this community.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    We caused enough noise to get Blizzard to give us our servers so the only loser here is you xD
    Yes, you guys are good as crybabies.

5+ Year Old Account
    What people wan't doesn't matter. What matters is what blizzard gives (which probably won't be much). I'm just waiting for when the people who actually end playing start asking for new content, now that would be pretty funny.
    Vanilla servers of Runescape has been out for ages, they seem to be doing fine. Same with already existing private vanilla realms, many of them going on for years and years yet people still enjoy playing there without asking for new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Yes, you guys are good as crybabies.
    Keep crying and shaking that rattle, go read the front page... you are finished.

Why?

It's either vanilla or it's not. If you asked for vanilla and now you want more than you asked for the wrong thing. You asking for more is the problem. It's what ruined this game expansion over expansion. The more more more, easier easier easier mentality.

Let's be frank. Whoever played on private shards does not have a single right to speak about how Blizzard has to mantain the experence as pure as possible. If you played on Nostarlius or Elisyum, you don't know a crap about a real vanilla experience.
    You don't know that every single patch revamped one or two classes completely. Or the real Onyxia quest with 2/3 blood of Drakkisath for 15 people.
    You played with a lot of QoL changes playing solely on 1.12 and thus you didn't have had a real Vanilla experience.
    So begone.
    Last edited by Lunaprika; 2017-11-10 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Why?

It's either vanilla or it's not. If you asked for vanilla and now you want more than you asked for the wrong thing. You asking for more is the problem. It's what ruined this game expansion over expansion. The more more more, easier easier easier mentality.
    Thats a valid argument / complaint in terms of current retail and the extremes they went to water it into oblivion, where it no longer resembles WoW. So I get that. However, your argument might be a bit slippery slope when talking about classic. I doubt seriously they would go anywhere near the extremes they went with retail and most likely would be TBC-like QoL at best. The pro classic crowd would not ever want classic to get anywhere near the slop the game is today, but some do want mild QoL enchancements. So I dont think theres much cause for alarm. In any case, it may not even happen at all and we will in fact get pure vanilla (due to technical reasons).

yes. that would be hillarious. they ask for outdated content till they get it.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Just throwing this in from the front page:

Digital Trends Discusses Classic Servers with Brack and Feasel
    Digital Trends also got to interview J. Allen Brack and Jeremy Feasel on the Classic announcement.

Blizzard wants the launch experience of Classic to be smooth and successful.
    The experience will be as identical to Vanilla WoW as possible, but they are not sure at which point in the patch life cycle of the original game it will take place.

Classic servers aren't even here yet and there's already a big victim complex with "Noo, vanilla-haters just want to see classic burn. It's not other classic enthusiasts being vanilla purists!!".

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Classic servers aren't even here yet and there's already a big victim complex with "Noo, vanilla-haters just want to see classic burn. It's not other classic enthusiasts being vanilla purists!!".
    Conspiracy theory, however we both know there's some truth to that. But yes, by the time they go live (2+ years from now??) everyone would have long forgotten all these horseshit arguments. Classic WoW is like an eternity away at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Conspiracy theory, however we both know there's some truth to that. But yes, by the time they go live (2+ years from now??) everyone would have long forgotten all these horseshit arguments. Classic WoW is like an eternity away at this point.
    Creating some kind of echochamber where the people suggesting certain stuff are just vanilla-haters is a bit too conspiracy. More likely, they're just vanilla purists vs people who want to see vanilla+.

I have no horse in that race, but calling each other vanilla haters when you are both just groups with different ideas of how classic should be is hilarious to me.