View Poll Results: Will Classic Servers save WoW?

Voters
339. This poll is closed
  • Yes

129 38.05%
  • No

210 61.95%
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Why does every one think wow needs saving? its still great adn has the most active community of any MMO today.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    This is why most people dislike the vanilla crowd.
    Nothing but name calling and arrogant shit.

/vomit.
    Funniest part is, he has not still realized how he looks like when posting in such manner
    Same old mantra of insulting anyone daring to like retail at all...

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    I dont think kids play this game a lot anyway. Kids play MOBA.

Lot of people are playing this since a while, at 37 years old, with 2 kids, wife and job, I do not have times to reach rank 14 pvp again. I'm not saying Vanilla wasnt good, but because you prefer Retail do not mean you are a kid.

You already call Retail players "kiddies", this mean the war isnt over!! It's only beginning.

Forums are more active now, and it's not positive with all the garbage we see.
    There is no "war" at all. There are people here who practically just live their lives on these forums. They are not representative of the average player. They just need something to fill up their empty and sad lives.

If you find retail fun that's cool and good for you. I don't see a problem with that. I just disagree with you that this move by Blizzard will somehow destroy the retail community. Retail does not have much of a community anyway. Vanilla, TBC and WOTLK had a strong a vibrant community. People met friends and even married through WoW. WoW was once a social phenomenon. Starting Classic servers (not just Vanilla) might make it again a social phenomenon and that because the old iterations of the game were designed to be much more social.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Funniest part is, he has not still realized how he looks like when posting in such manner
    Same old mantra of insulting anyone daring to like retail at all...
    Namecalling and insulting others makes you look soooo mature amirite??

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Once again, WoW is a billion-dollar machine, and all the numbers that count (time spent in-game, profits) are going up. Legion has been a financial AS WELL as critical success.
    What do you mean by Legion being a financial as well as a critical success? Be precise. Because some definitions of "success" don't mean much / are entirely consistent with the game actually losing it.

Deleted

Yup, the "Muh vanilla!!"-crowd made their own bed in terms of how others feel about them. They turned people previously neutral or positive towards Classic servers, against the entire concept with their toxic crap.

Meanwhile: Classic WoW is made for 12+, same as Live.
    I'll be playing it my self, so I like to think I'm part of the community but I'll be doing it all solo because I am not touching the "community" that is on this forum with a 10 foot pole.
    Holy shit its bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    There is no "war" at all. There are people here who practically just live their lives on these forums. They are not representative of the average player. They just need something to fill up their empty and sad lives.

If you find retail fun that's cool and good for you. I don't see a problem with that. I just disagree with you that this move by Blizzard will somehow destroy the retail community. Retail does not have much of a community anyway. Vanilla, TBC and WOTLK had a strong a vibrant community. People met friends and even married through WoW. WoW was once a social phenomenon. Starting Classic servers (not just Vanilla) might make it again a social phenomenon and that because the old iterations of the game were designed to be much more social.
    *double sigh*.

If you think that people don't make friends, meet and get married through WoW still, you're clueless.

And want to see the community band together? Follow one of those hunts for hidden clues to unlock a mount. WoW's community is a social phenomenon, strong, vibrant and huge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post

The community is still there but you just don't seem to agree.
    Met my gf via wow in late Cata and we dated all the way through MoP. moved in together during WoD and are still together now in Legion.
    I made new friends in every expansion and even have guild meets with my new guild here in Legion.

Everyone you said in your post is your own way of looking at things but really its all a bunch of bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    No doubt there is a lot of nostalgia with this game, but it will not be what people think it will be.
    "I make excuses that it takes time to do things so classic isn't playable. This is how I feel and others are blind if they think they like classic, cause I have decided it is only nostalgia and that makes it a fact. eeeeeeee"

Deleted
    If sub numbers are "plummeting", they wouldn't invest so heavily in such a huge development team, and massive projects such as expansions and much faster patch cycles.

The sub numbers are stable at a profitable margin. They still flog WoW out there as their flagship product.

WoW Classic is another revenue stream. There's nothing to "save"

I'll be playing it my self, so I like to think I'm part of the community but I'll be doing it all solo because I am not touching the "community" that is on this forum with a 10 foot pole.
    Holy shit its bad.
    The fun thing is that they honestly believe they'll make for a superior community feel with all that toxicity running through their veins.

"sub numbers has been plunging with WoD speed since 7.2"

Yeah this is a troll thread

The community is still there but you just don't seem to agree.
    Met my gf via wow in late Cata and we dated all the way through MoP. moved in together during WoD and are still together now in Legion.
    I made new friends in every expansion and even have guild meets with my new guild here in Legion.

Everyone you said in your post is your own way of looking at things but really its all a bunch of bull.
    Exactly.

It's downright delusional to think that the social aspect of this game is gone, that it disappeared with automated tools for grouping up with strangers or x-realm tech... Players in-game seem to have missed out on the memo proclaiming that there's no community, no interaction and no friendships to be had in this game.

PS. I voted no because WoW doesn't need saving. Classic zealots just tend to suffer from a deep rooted Messiah-complex.

I've played WoW since the beginning. Off and on, of course.

Vanilla/Classic was special, but it was a product of that time. Games, WoW included, have come a long way since then.

My greatest memories of classic WoW come from the people I played with, and if there is one thing an old man like me knows, is that you can't relive the past.

I'll probably create a character on a classic realm for the LOLs but I'm more concerned with how BfA plays out.

Deleted
    The fun thing is that they honestly believe they'll make for a superior community feel with all that toxicity running through their veins.
    Just makes me sad really, there is no need for this shit and I am still a firm believer vanilla can work out. I have loads of mates that will be playing. But the community on forums is really not good. 30/40 year olds acting like they are 12 constantly.

Looking forward to vanilla though, will be playing a troll rogue (played a human priest 13 years ago and I'd like to be doing the ganking this time :P).

I kinda have the same sentiment that various devs have expressed. I expect classic to have an insanely suscessful launch, but I also expect there to be a shitton of "tourists" that resub, realize it's not for them anymore and leave. Fortunately classic doesn't need that. As J. Allen Brack said, even if they are left with a tiny population of of players who loves vanilla, thats fine anyway. It's mainly about providing a service and preserving the game's history. Atleast when I read the interview.

Link to interview: http://www.pcgamer.com/this-is-how-b...a-wow-servers/

If players are happy with 1 goal and it taking a while to get there sure. I think most want to achieve stuff quickly these days and move on to the next grind though. Vanilla was an easy game to play just everything took time.

Nothing can save WoW.
    It's time for this thing to end.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said no, because WoW doesn't need to be saved.

Classic and Live can cohabit peacefully and supplement one another. On its own, live is still well and alive.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I decline answering the poll, as it contains no "WoW is not in great need of being saved" option. Having played since 2005, I find myself largely uninterested in the prospect of classic servers. I tried it once, it was fun, but I don't want to split my already limited WoW time between live and classic.