Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    And despite all the hype created, it's seeming ever more clear that Classic WoW doesn't have the same interest that Battle For Azeroth has, the discussions about classic are considerably less active on MMO and official forums than the discussion around BFA, and a lot of the discussion revolves around people trying to modernise or change Vanilla, and people arguing their points. While the purists (of which I am one) are more numerous than the ones who wish to change the game, the playerbase interested in BFA is seemingly much larger.

I'd be very surprised if Classic sustains 50% of the retail games playerbase beyond the initial launch period.
    Well...

1) There is much less to talk about Classic than BfA. Classics is something that was already done and is known.

2) There is so many trolls stirring the "let's change this and this" that the forums have had a pretty toxic atmosphere. I guess we'll have to wait for them to get bored and leave, and the many anti-Vanilla posters who aren't exactly trolls but come here to just say how much they hate the game to do the same, before we can have actually interesting discussion.

3) Nobody but delusional idiots ever expected Classic realms to be bigger than current ones. I expect Classic servers to hold between several tens of thousands to a few hundred of thousands people at best. That's still LARGELY enough to pay for their cost, but that's not about outcompeting BfA.
    I DO believe that a modern WoW with the original game design philosophy would have been more successful than what current WoW has devolved into, but I certainly don't expect Classic servers to be that.

its funny how many people still say we won't like it... you realize you're talking to people who either loved it back in the day and actually remember all the work it was and enjoy that playstyle or you're talking to people who are currently on private servers and enjoy it still.

we asked for it, we do want it(without changes, the largest group, including myself want no changes aside from huge bugs that crash the server or make you fall through the world), and we will get it. it will be nostalgic for sure, but servers like nost and elysium didn't have 10k+ concurrent users all day every day for the past few years because of nostalgia, they had those numbers because people enjoy the game we used to have.

it's certainly not a game for everyone, especially in today's market, but the hundreds of thousands(potentially millions) of people who have been asking for it for years know what they are asking for, and we couldn't be happier to finally be getting it. stay cynical all you want, if they release true vanilla it will be bigger than retail wow for a few months, and after that it will die down and just be the 2nd biggest mmo in the world behind retail, and the whole time it will have an extremely passionate following, so get used to it being around.

my issue is about ppl who wanna get Vanilla as vanilla they will get a buggy game. Classic need fixes or just useless to play becuz many class unbalanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    I'm for Vanilla, but not for the numerous amounts of changes people seem to want now that it was announced. They want a lot of modern day things in Vanilla, thus making it not Vanilla.
    I dont think people want Vanilla. People want parts of it, parts of TBC, parts of WotLK and everything else. We don't want shitty talent trees, level 1939123 and crit 1million but we want sensible game with just progress.

Each expansion had few core features which would make the perfect game, but for every good new feature there was handful of mistakes that Blizzards have made with other features. New talent systems for example...

Transmogs, certain mounts, class fixes, gear fixes, graphical changes, QoL (not LFG, summoning stone or go home). Other than that, id like them to simply add content in terms of raids, gear to keep vanilla interesting. It does not need to be often, just needs to be hard, grinding and here for longevity.

We dont need new BGs, but leaderboards would be great to keep people grafting.

I don't want the WHOLE Vanilla. But Vanilla+TBC+WotLK combination because each had something that made the game better and for the worse.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    I find it intriguing that people who are either not going to play Classic, but have no problem with it existing, or did voice their opinion on why it won't happen, are treated as visceral enemies of Classic realms being a thing.
    I don't think either are actually treated as "enemies". Except maybe by a few idiots.
    Those who are treated as "enemies" are the ones who come into the "Classic Servers" forums to spew their bile on Vanilla or to create conflicts by trolling. I am not interested in the least by basketball games, I don't think anyone on an NBA game feel like I'm an enemy, but if I come on their forum to say "NBA games are shit lol, nobody is gonna play this crap", I'm pretty sure they'll have a dim opinion on me. I wonder why.

I like(d) Vanilla.
    But this "classic" or private servers aren't vanilla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    It is very simple... these people are scared to death. Scared that Classic will indeed become very popular and they will lose those people that have been forced to play with them. They know that on a server where your reputation makes or breaks your gaming experience, that they will have to be a decent human being and actually PLAY with other people.

They want to keep their solo content, their welfare legendaries, their pet battling, ignore professions, not care about gems and enchants... and still know that there will be oodles of people forced to group with them because Blizzard made the game such that they can get away with poor behavior.

Yep... they are scared little kiddies... the same ones who had to have support dogs and safe places when Trump was elected. They cried and had tantrums, the sjy is falling, and such.... but here it is one year later and we are all still here.

The same will be for Classic... it will be a SMASH hit once again... and if they want to enjoy the game, they will have to play it.
    This is the reason why people are against classic, it has nothing to do with being against the game but everything to do with people like this.
    Like even I hate people like this with a passion and I'll probably play some vanilla here and there when its out.

This is the ONE time when I agree with the "do not like it? do not play it - crowd"
    We will have to see if it really was nostalgia or that vanilla just had something special that the other expansions just could not deliver or took away.

I am very excited to see a classic server. Just hope they leave the original as much intact as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akredon View Post
    i'm in the category of, Don't like it ? dont play it. Simple as that, Blizzard already stated that they are going to have another dev team that is working on this so it doesn't take away from the main game. People that are complaining about Classic servers are just people that enjoy complaining, Like Serious get over it
    Who pay for those dev ?

I hope you have an active sub because otherwise we have more right that you to complain.

People just need to realize at this point in time Wow Vanilla and Current WOW might as well be 2 entirely different games. Culture has taught them you have to pick a side for some made up reason.

Its just internet culture you like Call of Duty well I like Battlefiled that means I hate you. Oh you play DOTA 2 I play League of Legends your opinion is trash. Xbox vs PS Android vs Apple this is the reason people complain.

Deleted
    I personally am against vanilla because in my opinion Blizzard are giving in to people who played illegal servers for years. Have zero respect for people who played illegal. The moaning in recent years also got very annoying. And I agree with @reemi in a way it's the people with active subs paying the Classic dev team, not those criminals on private servers.

But yeah, that's just my opinion. It's happening anyway, and I can't stop that, neither would I bother trying to stop it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by weedburst View Post
    its funny how many people still say we won't like it... you realize you're talking to people who either loved it back in the day and actually remember all the work it was and enjoy that playstyle or you're talking to people who are currently on private servers and enjoy it still.

we asked for it, we do want it(without changes, the largest group, including myself want no changes aside from huge bugs that crash the server or make you fall through the world), and we will get it. it will be nostalgic for sure, but servers like nost and elysium didn't have 10k+ concurrent users all day every day for the past few years because of nostalgia, they had those numbers because people enjoy the game we used to have.

it's certainly not a game for everyone, especially in today's market, but the hundreds of thousands(potentially millions) of people who have been asking for it for years know what they are asking for, and we couldn't be happier to finally be getting it. stay cynical all you want, if they release true vanilla it will be bigger than retail wow for a few months, and after that it will die down and just be the 2nd biggest mmo in the world behind retail, and the whole time it will have an extremely passionate following, so get used to it being around.
    Indeed, and most retail players accept and respect that. I will roll on Classic myself, for sightseeing mostly (I barely have time to play normal WoW nowadays, no way I'll be doing 2 MMOs at the same time).

On the other hand, the pirate server crowd - including a lot of trolls and morons and internet "content creators" (who are mostly morons with twitch streams, all things considered) who had simply jumped on the bandwagon - have been a pain in the ass for quite some time. Of course, when you have angry idiots coming to a WoW forum like this, shitting all over the current game and its playerbase, there's going to be bad blood.

I don't begrudge you Classic, and, as I said, I'll dabble myself, but even I find some of the more insane shitposts here (about how Classic will "replace" the main game and so on; or the endless pissing contests between purists and "just add X") ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS.

So of course retail players *will* keep coming to vanilla forums to point and laugh.
    Last edited by mmoc4588e6de4f; 2017-11-10 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    I'm not gonna bitch about it on the forums because I don't care what other people spend their time playing, but I dislike vanilla because it objectively plays like complete ass by and stretch of modern standards. If classic were to come out today exactly as it did 13 years ago, it would more than likely be universally considered a terrible game.

But hey, I'm glad the people that wanted them got them. I really am. Hope you guys enjoy it and have fun.
    Objectively indeed. I don't think that word means what you think it means. You make an "objective" claim and back it with... subjective points.

I'm fine with people, you included, not liking Vanilla. That's all you'd have to say, you don't like it. But why oh why do people have to try to make their own opinion somehow an universal truth.

Happens on all sides, but I just ended up quoting you. No hard feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I'm against people stealing intellectual property from blizzard and hosting servers to allow other people to steal intellectual property from Blizzard.

Also, I'd rather see the game move FORWARD, not backward.

That being said, if the classic server has the spirit of vanilla but also has some of the QoL features of the game today, then its certainly something I will probably check out. If its the same game when I opened the box 13 years ago, i'll probably play on it for a bit (a day or two), and then never play it again.
    All the more reason to keep all the QoL changes away from Classic...
    Last edited by Grofatso; 2017-11-10 at 05:06 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of vanilla, but never liked the "private" non-blizzard side of things.

I did play the full 2.5 years from closed US beta till TBC, and wouldn't want some "vanilla+" monstrosity with added features or cross-overs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaap View Post
    I personally am against vanilla because in my opinion Blizzard are giving in to people who played illegal servers for years. Have zero respect for people who played illegal. The moaning in recent years also got very annoying. And I agree with @reemi in a way it's the people with active subs paying the Classic dev team, not those criminals on private servers.

But yeah, that's just my opinion. It's happening anyway, and I can't stop that, neither would I bother trying to stop it.
    hahahha playing on private servers is about as serious an offense as going 5 over the speed limit. Lighten up, holy shit.

Many people played private only because they offer an experience that blizzard doesn't. In this regard, blizzard is doing the right thing providing an experience that is clearly sought after. Some, but I would say a minority, play because its free.

Myself I have always been tempted to check it out but couldn't be bothered to invest hours into something with no real backing, so I am happy blizzard is bringing this to light in an official form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    I honestly hope classic server will be a success, but genuinely believe that blizzard will cave in to those complaining some things are too hard
    no Heirlooms, hard access to mounts, smaller bags, having to carry mounts in bags etc
    if they want it to be truly classic, then it needs to be 100%, not partly classic, partly updated so people dont think its too hard
    Well the issues you bring that may not be a problem.
    Heirlooms were for alt accounts. Chances are you will be spending more time on a main in vanilla
    There really are not that many mounts in the game
    Less items thus smaller bags
    Less mounts thus not that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I was against private servers, and still am, since they are stealing and damaging Blizzard's IP. It also gives the wrong impression of older versions of the game.
    That is usual answer when you have doubts about current content, and then there are yearly reminders that there are players who enjoy wow from previous content for free and that makes you mad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Well the issues you bring that may not be a problem.
    Heirlooms were for alt accounts. Chances are you will be spending more time on a main in vanilla
    There really are not that many mounts in the game
    Less items thus smaller bags
    Less mounts thus not that big of a deal.
    Umm, did we play the same game? Our bags (and banks) in ye olde times were cluttered with such enormous amounts of shit that storage space was *much* more of a problem than now... and let's not even consider the case where you were a huntard or warlock master race and thus had one bag slot less to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Umm, did we play the same game? Our bags (and banks) in ye olde times were cluttered with such enormous amounts of shit space was *much* more of a problem than now... and let's not even consider the case where you were a huntard or warlock master race and thus had one bag slot less to use.
    Personally never had an issue. Must have been a personal problem.

So many ignorant and childish comments...kinda frustrating to read.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter