View Poll Results: Will Classic Servers save WoW?

Voters
339. This poll is closed
  • Yes

129 38.05%
  • No

210 61.95%
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kibil View Post
    Majority of WoW players are not KIDS they are 25-40 years old so stop with the hatred again.

Play whatever you like, let all the rest of the world play what they want and will pay for and thats it.

Personally I have 37 years old, I do play WoW since vanilla, and I'll never stop playing it. Yes I LOVE classic and I'll play it, but not as my main thing, I'll stick with retail cause I invested almost 13 years in my main and other alts. Now if all the great friends I had in classic will come back and serious play it, I might switch to it again and will be happy with it, cause that is what made this game great to begin with back there.

Again the hatred we are seeing in the forums now days, will not help at all in the process to make it happen.
    I'm in the same boat as you. 36 and have been playing since Vanilla. Was a progression raider until the tail end of Mists. Went casual because I simply couldnt invest the time I used to anymore. I will stick with retail because there's still plenty I enjoy but I'm sure I'll find myself on a Classic server from time to time reliving some memories. Enjoy the game however you want to play it. This rabid purism is fucking ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    *double sigh*.

If you think that people don't make friends, meet and get married through WoW still, you're clueless.

And want to see the community band together? Follow one of those hunts for hidden clues to unlock a mount. WoW's community is a social phenomenon, strong, vibrant and huge.
    But it's not a forced boot-licking contest to get in with the 'big boys'! Not true community!

People seem to forget all the loot-ninja-ing and sabotage, sniping and griefing that went on as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    I got my severs, I won.
    Totally this. We won and they lost.

Anybody remembers the "WALL OF NO"? Anybody remembers posters here arguing that Blizzard cannot relaunch Classic because they -supposedly- had lost the data? Haha, man that was the most hilarious argument.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    You forget one cold fact; LFR players are the absolute majority, and they do also count for the subscriber amount, which is something not many accept here, for some odd reason...

Blizzard has not released sub numbers for a while now, I'm not in the condition to do hard math how you determine the progression in sub numbers, but I recall your argument being presented before, and it was debunked - but I cannot find a link right now, so I won't outright say you are wrong.
    I didn't forget anything. If I had numbers for LFR, I'd have gladly compared those numbers. It's just that wowprogress doesn't track those numbers, so I am comparing what it does track.

I don't know what condition to do hard math you are talking about, the math above isn't hard. I don't know anything about the supposed debunking of what I said previously. If you happen to find a link, I will read it and respond, but usually those "debunkings" boil down to "you can't use activity graphs from warcraftrealms" optionally followed with the misunderstanding of stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    I will be carrying on in victory most certainly. I got my severs, I won.
    Good, now stop parading it around like it was Jesus, thank you. You do that, and we'll leave you alone in turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    No it's going to kill WoW Retail faster instead.

-It will separate the players.
    -It will create a wars or barrier between Vanilla and Retail.
    -It will break the community.

Community is the most important thing in a game like WoW.

Just my opinion.
    Hate to tell ya that I aint in your community on retail.

Yes, I think it will save WoW, but for how long I dont know..

wow is not dieng, classic will not save wow. - continuous expansions and well executed patches preventing year+ content drought, will save wow.
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

10+ Year Old Account
    saved from what?
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I didn't forget anything. If I had numbers for LFR, I'd have gladly compared those numbers. It's just that wowprogress doesn't track those numbers, so I am comparing what it does track.

I don't know what condition to do hard math you are talking about, the math above isn't hard. I don't know anything about the supposed debunking of what I said previously. If you happen to find a link, I will read it and respond, but usually those "debunkings" boil down to "you can't use activity graphs from warcraftrealms" optionally followed with the misunderstanding of stats.
    I just don't know why would you use above-LFR players as a metric to estimate subscriber count. I recall MMO champ posting a quarterly report from Activision-Blizzard and there saying how Legion has been a financial success or something like that, perhaps that report tells something, I didn't read it this time myself.

Deleted
    For gods sake wtf is with you?
    We are max lvl by every exp the release, so its normal that we later on after few dung raids one shot MOBS!
    PLS dont say to me that a lvl 60 AQ40 didn't one shoot normal mobs in the world or killed elites with ease...
    Dont people get that we got every exp only 10 lvl and then are on max lvl all the time get some good better gear and kill mobs faster that way ?
    ( ofc they could be a little bit harder) but how hard? should i normalTOMBgeard ot HC geard take 2 min to kill a moos ? If yes why?
    I dont get the point in MOBS are to weak. YES they are , could and should be stronger but unitl when ?

that one minor "problem" of Legion etc, ohhh god

Ignorant vanilla cucks thinking wow needs saving. You're all delusional, enjoy your shitty gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    I just don't know why would you use above-LFR players as a metric to estimate subscriber count. I recall MMO champ posting a quarterly report from Activision-Blizzard and there saying how Legion has been a financial success or something like that, perhaps that report tells something, I didn't read it this time myself.
    I said that was an example.

There are other numbers that we can compare as well. For example, we can compare activity graphs. Or sizes of PVP ladders (although this particular comparison - which Legion is losing like no tomorrow - is skewed to the point of being unusable by huge difference in the quality of PVP). Etc.

When we have numbers for LFR - we might have them appearing in stats on this very cite we are on - we will compare them, too. As well as all other numbers that will make sense to compare.

Legion just loses everywhere, it is consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    wow is not dieng, classic will not save wow. - continuous expansions and well executed patches preventing year+ content drought, will save wow.
    Pet battles will keep going forever. Make wow great again with new amazing pokemons, vote for barack who thinks we actually want pokemon instead of classic.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's more about opportunity and observing market trends, and not as a "ship is going down" measure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    Pet battles will keep going forever. Make wow great again with new amazing pokemons, vote for barack who thinks we actually want pokemon instead of classic.
    Pet battles are exactly what classic will be - a side-activity minigame. You don't have to play them if you don't like them, same as nobody will force anyone to go onto classic realms to grind boars.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Pet battles are exactly what classic will be - a side-activity minigame. You don't have to play them if you don't like them, same as nobody will force anyone to go onto classic realms to grind boars.
    Your pikachu hat is a bit tight causing you brain damage.

Blizzard, and specifically the World Of Warcraft ip generates more income than you will ever see in your entire life, possibly even your entire family's life. Hell possibly more than all the members with logins to MMO Champion combined. What exactly do you think they will be saved from?

People seem to think there was this grossly overstated amount of players on the Vanilla/Classic realms, but the actual number was closer to the failing free MMOs. Comparing a few hundred thousand players to the standard population of the millions on live is absolutely absurd. The lowest dip in subs on live still far exceeds the maximum population on all of the private Vanilla/Classic servers combined, lol. Seriously people?!?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    Your pikachu hat is a bit tight causing you brain damage.
    That's a magicarp hat, thank you very much. Also, after looking at your post history, I do indeed feel dizzy. Have you ever written a complete and correct sentence here, even?

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    That's a magicarp hat, thank you very much. Also, after looking at your post history, I do indeed feel dizzy. Have you ever written a complete and correct sentence here, even?
    Glad I make you dizzy. That was my intent.