View Poll Results: Will Classic Servers save WoW?

Voters
339. This poll is closed
  • Yes

129 38.05%
  • No

210 61.95%
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    Why are Blizzard implementing Classic Servers now? I think it's not because Legion brought a lot of new players. I think that it's quite the opposite and sub numbers has been plunging with WoD speed since 7.2. So, I'm wondering can Classic Servers bring back enough players to pay for developing 1 or 2 new expansions after BfA?
    Will Classic Servers save World of Warcraft?
    As Blizz have stated that even if they only had 1,000 players they would still be making new content, I doubt this is the case. I think Classic is just another cash grab scheme for the company.
    With as many people that play free servers, why not make your own servers, and whether or not it's sub based or B2P, that is still money for the company. Why continue fighting multiple free server based projects when you can endorse your own and make money off of it?
    WoW also does not need saving. Yes, it is majorly down from its glory days, but it's not like it is on life support right now. We are more likely to see it go F2P before it's on the last legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    So no proof of any kind still? Like a fanatic, when confronted and asked for any proof, any kind, no matter how little, you circle around the request and close your eyes, ears and spout some holy verses...
    I've put that fanatic on ignore. He's your typical Classic zealot with a Messiah complex that will be singing the same retarded song 10 years from now about WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I've put that fanatic on ignore. He's your typical Classic zealot with a Messiah complex that will be singing the same retarded song 10 years from now about WoW.
    Well, people can believe what they want, doesn't change facts. I'll try out Classic realms anyway, gives me that "what if I picked a different main back then" experience. My entertaiment is not sullied by any of this WoW civil war going on

Where was the 3rd option? WoW is fine and Classic servers are dumb and pointless.

Deleted
    It will be the saving grace for many people but i wouldn't say it will be the saving grace of WoW in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Well, people can believe what they want, doesn't change facts. I'll try out Classic realms anyway, gives me that "what if I picked a different main back then" experience. My entertaiment is not sullied by any of this WoW civil war going on
    Indeed. The "civil war" going on will probably zimmer down as well once things calm down.

Hell, we're in for certainly 1+ year before the Classic servers are out, but these people are free to ignore Quarterly reports in their desperation to believe that WoW is on its last leg. ^^

As long as Blizzard never releases any proper info like in all of this years quarterly reports, there's no way to know and its pointless to debate.

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    No it's going to kill WoW Retail faster instead.

-It will separate the players.
    -It will create a wars or barrier between Vanilla and Retail.
    -It will break the community.

Community is the most important thing in a game like WoW.

Just my opinion.
    Ahah !

What community exactly? There is no such thing as a community in world of warcraft 2017
    Last edited by tikcol; 2017-11-10 at 05:52 PM.

Indeed. The "civil war" going on will probably zimmer down as well once things calm down.

Hell, we're in for certainly 1+ year before the Classic servers are out, but these people are free to ignore Quarterly reports in their desperation to believe that WoW is on its last leg. ^^
    These battles actually come cause legion is boring and they spend time mostly on forums. Then we have classic players waiting for better game to drop which we would rather play than argue with haters.

And when they come, I'll be in for a surprise...Even I started WoW in early 2007, I got a "taste" of what it might've been for those poor souls who picked a hybrid class. Constant abuse, insults, ignoring, hell, even was told multiple times to kill myself for playing Ret...But this time I'll pick something cliche like undead rogue, should be fun running across Barrens without flying and other nostalgic memories I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    I'm wondering can Classic Servers bring back enough players to pay for developing 1 or 2 new expansions after BfA?
    This is hilarious, do you ACTUALLY believe that they're depending on revenue from classic servers to pay for the development of their other games?

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    These battles actually come cause legion is boring and they spend time mostly on forums. Then we have classic players waiting for better game to drop which we would rather play than argue with haters.
    Legion is boring = a subjective opinion. Billion-dollar revenue and all the numbers going up + critical acclaim begs to differ with you.

And forum-goers make up a very small part of the actual playerbase. I spend time on these forums not because Legion is "boring", but because I'm doing other things and thus can't focus on playing.

You're proving my point about the Classic-crowd though, so thanks for that. You can wait for your "better game", others will keep playing what they consider to be the better game just fine.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-11-10 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    This is hilarious, do you ACTUALLY believe that they're depending on revenue from classic servers to pay for the development of their other games?
    Lol, they use like 100 dollars on classic and 100 dollars on bfa then drink/eat rest of the money.

Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    Yep!

Guess Blizzard has had to borrow money to start working, seeing as how they work on expansions looooooong before we get to know about them.

I'll probably spend more time in live playing BfA, but I'll still be playing both. So.... not sure where that puts me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    I'll probably spend more time in live playing BfA, but I'll still be playing both. So.... not sure where that puts me.
    I don't actually hate the fact that wow story continues and you can play classic if you like that game play.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    My source? The post counts for the both of you. Retail is boring so you cry on forums all day. sad... Did you even read the front page yet? You are both finished
    Found the mouthbreather.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Yep!

Guess Blizzard has had to borrow money to start working, seeing as how they work on expansions looooooong before we get to know about them.
    Some people are just silly.

Their revenue has probably skyrocketed since the release of the wow token. In before someone says, "I'm not giving them another dime, I'll just buy wow tokens instead." LOL, Sorry to to tell you but some guy just gave them $500.00 buying all those tokens for you

I don't actually hate the fact that wow story continues and you can play classic if you like that game play.
    It's almost as if...
    *gasp*
    Having options is a good thing! :O

But one will kill the other or save the other or I'm not sure. Its all very confusing, but apparently I have to pick and can't like both for different reasons.