Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    There was no arena you had BG's but to be honest with you I was a Holy Paladin and I raided the same spec I PVP'd as.
    I said TBC, not vanilla wow, I know no arena in vanilla wow, heck until patch 2.0 there was no crossrealm either, I had a rivaly with a druid because how many times we met in bgs together, u seriously build a threatning name as alliance or horde if u pvp a lot, since u pvp with only ppl from ur server (back then i didn't know how fucked druids were in pvp, probably neither did he, now i know that druids were really really fucked in vanilla)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Nope, grind that 50g if you want to change spec, that's part of Vanilla.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Nope nope nope nope.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    All of those things you mentioned does ruin the authenticity of a classic car. What the hell is wrong with you? You are lying to your friends because adding the duel spec to vanilla will severely hamper the authenticity. It sounds like you don't want classic at all. There are plenty of WotLK servers out there. Maybe that is more your pace. For us that actually know how to play, we will grind our way to an authentic experience and we will not be lying to our friends.
    Your comment about me not knowing how to play is idiotic. Click on my armory profile and go to my achievements. I know how to play just fine. It's one of those supposed insults that just makes me laugh. It's so petty and so pathetic.

You seem incapable of accepting the fact that people experience things differently than you do. You've done a good job of explaining what Blizzard needs to do to make Classic feel authentic to you. Since you do appear to lack empathy and some basic social skills, I'm going to go ahead and not let you try to say what I do or don't want.

I would love to play Classic WoW again given there are some QoL's made that I like and feel don't ruin the authentic experience for me. I've already gone through and listed what I feel vanilla WoW was and what made it great, so I won't do it again. I've even linked to comments that Jeff Kaplan made about Classic WoW. I happen to agree with him.

I'm okay with the fact that you disagree. The world is full of people who disagree and these are forums where we can discuss our opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I PvE'd in my Shadow Priest PvP spec and still topped the healing meters by far. All I had were different gear sets.

NO. Leave it alone. We don't want any changes to the game. FFS. Stop these threads.

You have so many options and you already cry and beg for dual spec? Did you even try to think ways or did you gave in just like the rest legion boys?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofisdead View Post
    From the font page:

Digital Trends Discusses Classic Servers with Brack and Feasel
    Digital Trends also got to interview J. Allen Brack and Jeremy Feasel on the Classic announcement.

Blizzard wants the launch experience of Classic to be smooth and successful.
    The experience will be as identical to Vanilla WoW as possible, but they are not sure at which point in the patch life cycle of the original game it will take place.
    They have been saying this since Classic was announced at Blizzcon. Nothing has changed.

The whole 'open discussion with the community' aspect was always meant as to the technicalities of Vanilla. It was never meant to provide an a la carte menu from later expansions people can choose from and put on their wish list.

I do not understand how this is unclear to people. They can fantasize and spam the forum all they want. In the end, it's just that...fantasies. The vast majority of people will not like Classic Wow.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Again, that's not all of us. Nor as polls have shown is it the majority.
    Well, I'm sure there is one thing you guys don't want. The 1000 or 2000 login queues on some servers... or are you hoping for that too?

Classic is not the same as Vanilla.

The period in time from release to TBC is Vanilla.
    (Pirate servers is Vanilla)

Blizzard will release Classic, not vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    If people don't use a feature, it's a bad feature.
    Most people dont use the Mythic feature of raid difficulties. By your logic it must then be a bad feature.

"You think you want it.... but you don't." - Jay Allen Brack

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    With all these "modify classic/vanilla" posts you could, almost, conclude that no one actually wants servers running classic/vanilla WoW.
    Guess who is making these threads all the time: All the crybabies who ruined the game and were never interested in classic servers in the first place. (Nor were they ever interested in the effort and social skills needed in a real mmorpg.)

OP: Blizzard said they are going to make it as close to the actual game experience as possible. I hope they keep their promise and don't listen to all this bullshit changes to it.
    If you don't like it, don't play it. And stop trying to destroy the game experience for those who are happy with Vanilla WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dareous View Post
    If it wasn't in vanilla then it shouldn't be in classic.
    ^ This.

Stop with all the bullshit suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    With all these "modify classic/vanilla" posts you could, almost, conclude that no one actually wants servers running classic/vanilla WoW.
    I think that is a pretty fair assessment. Everyone wants this or that added to it. Pure vanilla servers or just stop wasting Blizzards time with the complaints for one.

Give people what they want, and they will ask for more or for it to be a certain way.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Classic is not the same as Vanilla.

The period in time from release to TBC is Vanilla.
    (Pirate servers is Vanilla)

Blizzard will release Classic, not vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Most people dont use the Mythic feature of raid difficulties. By your logic it must then be a bad feature.
    Raid difficulties was a bad feature as they take out any prestige from killing a legendary boss. Part of why Vanilla was great is that only a few % of players tasted the endgame. Furthermore Mythic at least has a use, a greater challenge and better loot.

Respeccing in classic is just a money sink. The actual result is that people go to PvE in PvP talents and the other way around, or they have to level alts because a tank/healer farms like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    waht do you mean play tanks and healers, there was only 1 viable tank spec in vanila (warrior) and all the other hybred specs were forced into healers cuz the rest was garbage for pve (i know that sulfuras enha shaman with stormtsrike+windufry proc could 1 shot in pvp, it was a meme)
    You have problem with the use of plural, when refering to all tanks and healers? Or did you imagine there is only a single tank, and single healer per server, so you'd indeed refer to all of them as tank and healer, because there's only one each, not multiple. I do wonder how you'd do 4 horsemen with single tank and single healer available per server.

Guess what, that's not how it works. But then, looking at your post, it's increasingly obvious that grammar must be explained further.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

You idiots have been asking for vanilla for years, without realizing how bad it really is... and now you want stuff that they added after Vanilla? LOL. Hilarious.

I wish they would put all the dev time into more content for current WoW, instead of wasting time trying to appease these people with rose-coloured goggles. Such a waste.

Dual spec would cause enough of a shift in gameplay that I don't think it would result in an authentic vanilla experience if it was included.

That being said, one QoL feature that would preserve the core gameplay while getting rid of some of the meaningless hassle would be the ability to save preset action bar layouts and talent builds every time you respecced. Keep the prohibitive cost of respeccing, remove the pointless five minutes of fiddling every time you do it.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. Everyone who wanted this can choke on their rose-tinted blindfolds and suffer appropriately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    Dual spec would cause enough of a shift in gameplay that I don't think it would result in an authentic vanilla experience if it was included.

That being said, one QoL feature that would preserve the core gameplay while getting rid of some of the meaningless hassle would be the ability to save preset action bar layouts and talent builds every time you respecced. Keep the prohibitive cost of respeccing, remove the pointless five minutes of fiddling every time you do it.
    One would have to consider that in Vanilla ... there were bugs, massive bugs, that allowed for almost automated play. Macros and scripts that allowed one button play. Addons that allowed for overlays... Addons that allowed all sorts of things they have since deemed game breaking.

Will those be allowed back into the game? If they were not allowed would it be an authentic experience?

You also have to realize, there will be mods. Built for Classic that never existed during vanilla. Modders have been working for 11 years on mods, that will be adapted to Classic. In that sense, Classic can NEVER be the authentic Vanilla Experience. It will be modified in some way, no matter how it plays out.
    Last edited by Concequence; 2017-11-10 at 05:57 PM.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.