View Poll Results: Will Classic Servers save WoW?

Voters
339. This poll is closed
  • Yes

129 38.05%
  • No

210 61.95%
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Found the mouthbreather.
    If you have no intentions of playing Vanilla, why are you here?

Just to stir drama and call the legacy crowd names?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    If you have no intentions of playing Vanilla, why are you here?

Just to stir drama and call the legacy crowd names?
    If you don't even recall what my main concerns were with the pirated wow Servers, why are you even responding to me? I mean, it was pretty clear by anyone that you were severely lacking in any sort of critical thinking skills, but I couldn't have been more clear.

I have issues with Pirated Servers/Stolen Content.

I do not have issues with Classic Servers, even if I have no intention of playing (Since I already did that many, many years ago).
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    If you don't even recall what my main concerns were with the pirated wow Servers, why are you even responding to me? I mean, it was pretty clear by anyone that you were severely lacking in any sort of critical thinking skills, but I couldn't have been more clear.

I have issues with Pirated Servers/Stolen Content.

I do not have issues with Classic Servers, even if I have no intention of playing (Since I already did that many, many years ago).
    I'm just using you as an example to why there is toxicity in this forums.
    This was a happy place until people who have no intention of playing Classic were given a voice and now dwell here just to stir up drama, name calling eachoter and stir up more drama

If you have no intentions of playing Classic whatsoever why come here just to crap on people.

I vote the missing third option: WoW doesn't need to be saved, it's not dying. WoW:Classic is treated as an addition to the Blizzard family of games. WoW is still going strong by itself.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Retail WoW has bottomed out and will continue its death spiral into oblivion. This does not make me happy, but it is the truth. Vanilla is the future.
    Have you seen the new numbers of how many active subs they have - WoW isn't dying anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    Why are Blizzard implementing Classic Servers now? I think it's not because Legion brought a lot of new players. I think that it's quite the opposite and sub numbers has been plunging with WoD speed since 7.2. So, I'm wondering can Classic Servers bring back enough players to pay for developing 1 or 2 new expansions after BfA?
    Will Classic Servers save World of Warcraft?
    You're mental if you think WoW needs to be 'saved'. It is still hugely successful.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

You missed the option "WoW doesn't need to be saved"

In all seriousness though, I'm hoping the popularity of classic will motivate the wow team to go back to their routes with mmorpg design and direction and re-introduce some of those elements into the current game.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Source please.
    Logic? WoW has much more competitors these days compared to the past. And many gamers move from "i play this hardcore" to "i want the most out of my spare time as possible", but those two audiences conflict with each other. Blizzard tried to satisfy both during the last expansions, espacially Legion. In Legion you can spend twice the play time of anyone else and have an edge in gear and artifact progression. But it's worthless.

The point in bringing classic NOW is exactly that. And bringing old expansion servers next is the logical consequence. Even when its "old content" players still like the gameplay of these old times. And with that in place Blizzard can go real unconventional routes for the live servers (such as changing the world more drastically), 'cause anyone can still play their beloved version and "never lose anything".

Why is that important? WoW got so famous 'cause it was the first MMO which addicted a very large playerbase. Without this advantage anymore, WoWs playerbase has to go down to "realistic" levels like for every other game. And "change" is impossible as long as players moan about anything drastic

Putting the old incarnations of the game in place solves this issue to some extend, brings back many players that disliked already done changes, and forms a more stable basis for the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Why are Blizzard implementing Classic Servers now? I think it's not because Legion brought a lot of new players. I think that it's quite the opposite and sub numbers has been plunging with WoD speed since 7.2. So, I'm wondering can Classic Servers bring back enough players to pay for developing 1 or 2 new expansions after BfA?
    Will Classic Servers save World of Warcraft?
    Lmfao, are you fucking real? WoW doesn't need Classic to thrive. Blizzard doesn't need Classic to make money.
    Even when classic releases in minimum 2 years from now, Overwatch is their new flagship now, nobody gives a fuck about the WoW IP except those that have already been playing it / quit.

Classic is nothing more but a small investment with HUGE return for Blizzard and Activision. It won't save shit because there's nothing that needs saving to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Retail WoW has bottomed out and will continue its death spiral into oblivion. This does not make me happy, but it is the truth. Vanilla is the future.
    Source? Your ass? Alright, got it. This comment is irrelevant then.

What we've got so far
    42.86% of people think that Classic Servers will save WoW;
    57.14% people think that Classic Servers won't save WoW.
    Last edited by Mushkins; 2017-11-10 at 07:29 PM.

What we've got so far
    42.86% of people think that Classic Servers will save WoW;
    57.14% people think that even Classic Servers won't save WoW.
    Or since the poll is bit biased, people also voted "no" for the missing third option - "WoW doesn't need saving", Classic realms can't save something that doesn't need saving...Just sayin'

15+ Year Old Account
    Where is the option "Wow doesnt need to be saved"?
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

No, but they will finally let it age with dignity.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Does WoW need to be saved?
    I was about to say the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Ahah !

What community exactly? There is no such thing as a community in world of warcraft 2017
    If there's no such thing as a community in WoW2017, then why are there still guilds playing together? Why was there a major RP event that forced Blizzard to change how sharding works for RP realms? Why were there thousands of people attending blizzcon just for the WoW stuff?

Community is still a thing, it's just less vital to your success in going through dungeons and raids compared to then.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    An evasive answer and a personal attack, as expected.
    Yea your posts are garbage and your used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Good, now stop parading it around like it was Jesus, thank you. You do that, and we'll leave you alone in turn.
    I got my servers, and now I got my forum. You leave. This here is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Totally this. We won and they lost.

Anybody remembers the "WALL OF NO"? Anybody remembers posters here arguing that Blizzard cannot relaunch Classic because they -supposedly- had lost the data? Haha, man that was the most hilarious argument.
    Yes exactly. They are living in total delusion and have hit rock bottom. Now they are nothing more then a parade of jesters putting on a performance for us. We are basking in glory laughing at their discontent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cainium View Post
    Logic? WoW has much more competitors these days compared to the past.
    Lol what? Back in the day you had Guild Wars and LOTRO which were alright MMOs. Nowadays you have what?

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Lol what? Back in the day you had Guild Wars and LOTRO which were alright MMOs. Nowadays you have what?
    You had way more than that back then. Everquest, Everquest 2, DAoC, FF11 and god knows what else. Runescape 2 had also launched and was still gaining it's ground but quite popular.

But you are right in that today all it really has in terms of quality but not raw player numbers are FF14 and Guild Wars 2. And probably ESO.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You had way more than that back then. Everquest, Everquest 2, DAoC, FF11 and god knows what else. Runescape 2 had also launched and was still gaining it's ground but quite popular.

But you are right in that today all it really has in terms of quality but not raw player numbers are FF14 and Guild Wars 2. And probably ESO.
    I may not have played ESO and GW2 for long but WoW felt far more responsive/smooth in its combat and Guild Wars 2's/ESO's PvE looks like a joke in comparison to WoW's.

Any MMO that can be played on console cannot be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I may not have played ESO and GW2 for long but WoW felt far more responsive/smooth in its combat and Guild Wars 2's/ESO's PvE looks like a joke in comparison to WoW's.

Any MMO that can be played on console cannot be hard.
    I disagree. FF14 has Savage and Ultimate content and that has proven to be a challenge for a few players.

We are 2 weeks in with the Ultimate content and only the really few HC FCs have gotten it down. They actually delivered on the concept of it perfectly from what I've watched.