Thread: Class Raid Buff

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Class Raid Buff

This seems like it has the potential to be a real problem,

http://www.wowhead.com/news=275398/c...le-for-azeroth

Warlocks get stuck with a one minute maintenance buff for the entire raid that is not a personal DPS increase and will take a global a minute because you better keep CoE up.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Warlock:

Curse of the Elements: Your damage curses the target, increasing magic damage taken by 5% for 1 min.

That doesn't specify as being for everyone, but if so, it's a DPS gain for everyone including the caster, who would be keeping that up every minute anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Warlock:

Curse of the Elements: Your damage curses the target, increasing magic damage taken by 5% for 1 min.

That doesn't specify as being for everyone, but if so, it's a DPS gain for everyone including the caster, who would be keeping that up every minute anyways.
    RAID BUFF = for everyone

Never mind I missed that it was the warlock's damage that caused it, nothing to see here.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    So will this be a permanent buff or is it again some RNG thingie?

I mean, this was a pruned ability, not sure how it could be seen as a problem...

It doesn't say "has a chance to..." so I'm interpreting that as damage will always apply the curse. Don't know yet if it refreshes on each damage event and maybe even pandemics, or only re-applies after it has fallen off

Deleted
    No no sir. Its just a spell (curse) u apply which last for a minute.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like Eradication working for entire raid and tied to all spells

Is it a spell we have to cast or is it applied with our damage like the description reads? " Your damage curses the target, increasing magic damage taken by 5% for 1 min."

I guess its just applied when we do damage like the rogue one?

Doubt they would give us classic paladinesque 1 minute maintenance buffs lul.

Sounds like a pretty powerful damage buff for a party. 5% is nothing to sneeze at. Also, completely passive it seems, as long as you damage your target. Most other classes need to recast their abilities in case of a party member death and / or are limited by a 40 yard radius. Definitely not without quirks, but seems legit and on a more powerful side among all class abilities listed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    Sounds like a pretty powerful damage buff for a party. 5% is nothing to sneeze at. Also, completely passive it seems, as long as you damage your target. Most other classes need to recast their abilities in case of a party member death and / or are limited by a 40 yard radius. Definitely not without quirks, but seems legit and on a more powerful side among all class abilities listed.
    I think so too, also it ensures that any targets we damage are debuffed, that's an advantage, because others have no guarantees there.

Out of all the buffs, most seem to be 1 hr. Warlock has a 1min buff, hope it's baked in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Out of all the buffs, most seem to be 1 hr. Warlock has a 1min buff, hope it's baked in.
    /facepalm

It's not a buff, it's a debuff tied to all warlock damage spells. One of the melee classes gets same for physical btw. Of course it can't be 1 hour debuff.

PS: there is a discussion on wowhead as to what buff/debuff shamans are going to bring to the table. Is it me, or it seems pretty obvious? The only thing that is missing on that list is crit buff. Likely the same 3% as with haste / versatility / mastery.
    Overall, I think warlocks got the better part of the deal. Because at first, when someone mentioned the return of raid buffs in BFA I thought of a 10% health buff initially, the one that imps provided before. Also, 5% flat damage boost is not a subject to diminishing returns like haste, crit, vers and mastery are. That makes it even stronger. Honestly, I would not be surprised if they nerf it (along with intellect / strength / agility) buffs to be more in line with the others.
    Also, the "bring a player, not a class" concept is going out of the window. Having all damage buffs is going to be crucial. Blizz really need to think about overlapping them between different classes, just like in Pandaria.

Blizz really need to think about overlapping them between different classes, just like in Pandaria.
    Honestly, that's the only way it should survive beta, and I really feel sorry for Hunters if it doesn't - 15% movement speed, compared to what the other pure DPS classes bring to the table (Int, Physical DMG, Spell DMG), why take those into your Mythic+ group? Unless they bake in some buffs into pets abilities again, but that leaves laughable buffs of the Paladins (ironic). And that also means you're pigeonholed into splitting 12 of 20 of your raid spots between ppl playing different classes only to get their buffs.
    Either it'll be two buffs per class, or at least for smaller groups, consumables, like the drums were back in the day.
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

Just browsing the lock forum and see this thread. How are people so bad at reading? There's about 5 different interpretations in this thread of what it actually is. Read the damn thing. The wording currently states it's a debuff that is automatically applied when Locks do damage. That's it. It's not a buff, it does not last one hour, and you don't have to apply it.

Sounds like a pretty powerful damage buff for a party. 5% is nothing to sneeze at.[...]
    Whilst you are right, you also have to remember damage numbers will be tuned with having these buffs in mind. Every Mythic raid, where top performance actually matters, will have all the buffs/debuffs (or at least the ones needed for the classes they stack). It makes no difference really outside of maybe very high M+, or very small raids, in which won't matter either way because it's only normal/Heroic. It'll just be nice to have, and really annoying to not have... But it won't make the difference that can't be achieved by playing better in those brackets for a kill or not.

With that said...
    Quote Originally Posted by Judex View Post
    Honestly, that's the only way it should survive beta, and I really feel sorry for Hunters if it doesn't - 15% movement speed, compared to what the other pure DPS classes bring to the table (Int, Physical DMG, Spell DMG), why take those into your Mythic+ group? Unless they bake in some buffs into pets abilities again, but that leaves laughable buffs of the Paladins (ironic). And that also means you're pigeonholed into splitting 12 of 20 of your raid spots between ppl playing different classes only to get their buffs.
    Either it'll be two buffs per class, or at least for smaller groups, consumables, like the drums were back in the day.
    I was going to say the opposite of this. 15% movement speed is actually pretty huge for the entire raid not just DPS - especially heavy movement fights or groups with a lot of melee. I'd definitely say they should add multiple classes per buff though. Preferably class based, not spec based. Being "forced" to play like Survival to get 15% movement speed for your raid instead of MM/BM would be cancer.

OT: As of the current tooltip:
    Your damaging spells apply it automatically. (No need to use a GCD)
    It DOES affect your damage, as well as everyone else's.
    If they change it to how CoE used to be, it'd still definitely be worth applying.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2017-11-11 at 02:31 PM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just multi dot shit or aoe and it'll hit everything. You're going to pad right? You're a warlock, of course you are. When you pad you put the debuff up automatically. Simples.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    I was going to say the opposite of this. 15% movement speed is actually pretty huge for the entire raid not just DPS - especially heavy movement fights or groups with a lot of melee. I'd definitely say they should add multiple classes per buff though. Preferably class based, not spec based. Being "forced" to play like Survival to get 15% movement speed for your raid instead of MM/BM would be cancer.
    No argument if we're talking raids, since I'm playing for 8 years now and I can't recall a single raid group without a hunter in it, but for smaller content being a Hunter or Paladin buff-wise will be a joke that isn't funny... ._.
    That said, encounters are usually tuned around having a 100% movement speed character being able to run out of it just in time, so it's more like a convenient thing to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Just multi dot shit or aoe and it'll hit everything. You're going to pad right? You're a warlock, of course you are. When you pad you put the debuff up automatically. Simples.
    I imagine Rogues FoK'ing once is a same deal...

Thematically, I would have preferred a party/raid buff to be Blood Pact.

CoE works tho if they want something unique for everyone and not having a few buffs/debuffs spread out over everyone (which I think is a great balance of wanting variety but not feeling like you're suffering because your guild just doesn't happen to have a specific class, for no fault of your own)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.