Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is the first expansion they are holding out on info cause of the QQ.

They remove terrible ideas and forums go bat shit crazy about removal of content, so no wonder now we dont know anything apart from a few things.

It was also obvious from the video when they showed the Sea Priest Kul tiras dude that they are some sort of N'zoth/Naga minions involved.

We also knew from Legion Aszuna quests, and the Eye of Azshara that its incoming, not sure why people are surprised.

Now the question is, if we are gonna have Dual Tier 1 Raids like Nighthold/EN or she is gonna be full T2 like ToS.

While it's not actually stated which raid tier she'll be in, I personally would find it slightly wierd to reveal the end boss already.

Then again, at least this time around it wouldn't come as that major of a shock in comparison to Legion. If we'd heard about Argus when Legion was announced then that would've been kinda meh to lose that build up and eventual reveal.

Azshara we already know of and the first few hints from story about the zones do lean greatly towards Azshara at least showing up, so she could do just fine for an end boss.

I don't mind either way. Whether she's at the end or right after Uldir, as long as it's done alright and she's shown some love in the build up department.

It's unclear whether they meant the 2nd raid (eg Nighthold) or 2nd tier (eg Tomb of Sargeras).

I agree it would be very weird to have her essentially pop out of nowhere with very little or no build-up. There's not even been any mention of Naga at all, and we already know the general lore and plot of every zone. At this point it would only work if we had a "Naga invasion" patch for 8.1, followed by an Azshara raid in 8.2. To just throw her in without a proper introduction (zone quests or patch campaign) would be a wasted opportunity.

Though so far we know almost nothing about BFA's raids, unlike Legion where I think the first three were pretty much revealed at Blizzcon, and even Argus was pretty obvious then. This time we've got no idea how the raids and their related content and story will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    I mean, was it anyhow confirmed or just a pure speculation?
    If yes, and she's really the 'Blackhand' or 'Gul'dan' of 8.1, I'd really feel disappointed. The Naga Empire deserve more, they should have some story, okay if not expansion, at least a major patch, do you agree? And more importantly.
    How are they going to introduce the Naga and their Queen without adding their land, Nazjatar?
    From all this, she can't be a boss of 2nd raid, there has to be some more story and additional content patch like 8.2, that would add a new zone(s) of the Naga Empire. They deserve it no less than Argus or Lei Shen at least.
    So are there any confirmation from Blizz?
    I don't remember them saying second raid. They said she'll be he boss of a raid in BfA at some point. I'm expecting something like a broken shore patch, but with Nazjatar location, a story with it and there she is. Most likely the boss of second tier, not second raid. Which makes sense, for a while now the second tier has been the story boss and the third tier is like a stepping stone for the following xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm interested in knowing is if we're actually going to defeat her "for real" or if we're simply going to end up "foiling her plans" only to have to take the battle to her in the future. I always expected her to be portrayed as the big bad (or possibly, second fiddle to N'Zoth) in the intro cinematic of whatever expansion we finally end up taking her down.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    I don't remember them saying second raid. They said she'll be he boss of a raid in BfA at some point. I'm expecting something like a broken shore patch, but with Nazjatar location, a story with it and there she is. Most likely the boss of second tier, not second raid. Which makes sense, for a while now the second tier has been the story boss and the third tier is like a stepping stone for the following xpack.
    There's an interview with Ion were he talks about the first raid (Uldir) and then starts talking about the raid afterwards and that Azshara will be the endboss. The interview is linked here on page 2 or 3.
    _________

I found their announcement that we'll see Azshara a bit strange. Why did they even mention it? Showing us the (okayish) artwork of her and saying "we'd deal with her this expansion" was something out of the blue and not related to anything? I don't know why they were even talking about her, felt very out of place during the panel.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    There's an interview with Ion were he talks about the first raid (Uldir) and then starts talking about the raid afterwards and that Azshara will be the endboss. The interview is linked here on page 2 or 3.
    _________

I found their announcement that we'll see Azshara a bit strange. Why did they even mention it? Showing us the (okayish) artwork of her and saying "we'd deal with her this expansion" was something out of the blue and not related to anything? I don't know why they were even talking about her, felt very out of place during the panel.
    Wasn't so outplace considering all the speculations about a naga or old gods xpack. I think they only teased her to calm people down cuz other than that there was absolutely nothing about a common enemy for raids, Uldir is nothing, looks more meaningless than emerald nightmare (doesn't mean it can't be more fun and better, but story wise, you know). I think it was a good thing to mention her but not give more details, it leaves place for stuff to announce later on instead of being "already seen, already know" kind of stuff when they really do announce her raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just keep in mind, MoP started as a generic faction war expansion over the newfound land and later on the Garrosh threat started building up from patch to patch. Azshara will propably get a similar treatment. With her and the naga slowly starting to become a threat, leading to her being either the final boss or the 2nd tier boss ( leading to an old god threat by the end of BfA).
    I for once am glad there is no specific big bad guy this expansion. BfA is exactly what I wished for: an expansion with no specific theme (demons, undead etc) for it's entirety. It seems to be more like a war story with a bigger threat rising in the background.

It makes perfect sense, Azshara is the biggest pawn of N'zoth on azeroth, and since N'zoth is very likely to be the endboss of BFA it's only logical to have her be one of them before

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I don't know about Argus, but Tirion's resurrection was a desperate final prayer, not an ability he can use on CD.

Lorewise, our characters don't get resurrected all that often. I'm not even sure if some of the quests in which we die and get resurrected are really canon.
    The spirit of Arthas' dad resurrects us in the Lich King encounter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    I ment 2nd Raid tier (Firelands and Throne of Thunder)
    Doesn't matter if first raid tier have 1 or 5 raids, it's still one raid tier.
    Either way, you got some examples that don't work. If you meant 2nd raid tier, blackhand and Gul'dan doesn't count as they were the final bosses of their respective expansions first tier. (T17 and T19 respectively)

Quote Originally Posted by darkdude103 View Post
    What would be great is of the opposite faction came in and fucked up the fight resulting in us losing
    That is so fucking cool dude. Apply to blizzard now please.

Also: She was hinted to be a boss. No one said we would kill her.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatAgain666 View Post
    I really am starting to believe that this could be the last xpac

I mean where can blizz really go from here? They have given us everything we expected more or less and now with Warcraft classic they are prolly setting the game up to be put out to pasture.
    where can they go from here ...... remember WoD... dont tempt them

Deleted
    I've never heard of Azshara being a boss in the second tier, all they've said AFAIK is that we will fight her before the expansion ends.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    I mean, was it anyhow confirmed or just a pure speculation?
    If yes, and she's really the 'Blackhand' or 'Gul'dan' of 8.1, I'd really feel disappointed. The Naga Empire deserve more, they should have some story, okay if not expansion, at least a major patch, do you agree? And more importantly.
    How are they going to introduce the Naga and their Queen without adding their land, Nazjatar?
    From all this, she can't be a boss of 2nd raid, there has to be some more story and additional content patch like 8.2, that would add a new zone(s) of the Naga Empire. They deserve it no less than Argus or Lei Shen at least.
    So are there any confirmation from Blizz?
    Yes, as of right now, she will be the last boss of the first tier, in the second raid (what nighthold is in Legion). They even showed her concept art.
    We do not know if we are not going to nazjatar or the conditions we are fighting her. However, the first raid is a titan vault in the land of zandalar and no real indication of where we will fighter her in the next one, so its probable they might introduce nazjatar in the raid's patch.

RIP playable Naga dream, is all I have to say.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
    What I'm interested in knowing is if we're actually going to defeat her "for real" or if we're simply going to end up "foiling her plans" only to have to take the battle to her in the future. I always expected her to be portrayed as the big bad (or possibly, second fiddle to N'Zoth) in the intro cinematic of whatever expansion we finally end up taking her down.
    She is the lapdog of N'Zoth, she is weaker than many of the big bads we have fought already. I see no reason why we wont fight her for real when we killed Kil'Jaeden and imprisoned Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    While I agree, it also kinda makes sense for her to make a big push while the 2 main super powers of the world are busy fighting each other, or something.
    Exactly.

Which is why it would have made perfect sense for her Naga to invade the capital cities of the factions while they wage war on Zandalar and Kul Tiras, and give us a good reason to not have one faction kill the other but rather call a truce, conclude Battle for Azeroth, retreat to save our respective peoples, then prepare to push back, taking us into WoW 9.0 where Queen Azshara could've been the main villain and end boss. Or something along those lines.

Missed opportunity in my opinion, shame. Hope they change their minds before it's too late.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    Exactly.

Which is why it would have made perfect sense for her Naga to invade the capital cities of the factions while they wage war on Zandalar and Kul Tiras, and give us a good reason to not have one faction kill the other but rather call a truce, conclude Battle for Azeroth, retreat to save our respective peoples, then prepare to push back, taking us into WoW 9.0 where Queen Azshara could've been the main villain and end boss. Or something along those lines.

Missed opportunity in my opinion, shame. Hope they change their minds before it's too late.
    Battle for azeroth is still ongoing even with the two factions in truce. It's part of the flexibility of the name they used. It's a battle for the planet, in every single way.
    Its already hinted that we will be making a truce or that something happened in the burning of the NE home that was misunderstood by the Alliance. It's extremely possible Sylvanas did NOT directly burn the tree, and that we were manipulated into going into war by Azshara by orders of N'zoth in some way.

They're going to decide to make her a dungeon boss like Nerzhul.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    I know her background story, I just don't find her enough of a compelling villain to dedicate an entire expansion to her, A raid tier yes but not an entire expansion.
    Well, you did ask what makes her so interesting, which is subjective.

But, I disagree, based on raid tiers we've seen in the past. One of the more notable 2nd tiers was Kil'jaeden last expansion, which people complained quite a bit about, saying it wasn't a good enough sendoff for him. Other 2nd tier bosses have been Ragnaros, Lei Shen, Yogg-Saron, etc - while they've all been shown to be extremely powerful (and Yogg is definitely more powerful than Azshara), none of them have had such established lore for such a long time as Azshara has. The Naga have had a presence in nearly every expansion, as well.

To me, there's more than enough potential for her to be a larger boss than a second tier, or second raid.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.