Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeuZWw View Post
    if it was up to me, i would redesign the whole Mount system.

First off, mounts would be summoned much like hunter pets, then you would click it to mount.
    Second, Mounts would have a fatigue bar, meaning you wouldn't be able to keep it up that long, and Flying would make the fatigue bar to draw faster.

Fatigue reaches to 0 the mount speed becomes the same as your regular speed, and if you are flying you start to slowly lost altitude.

but oh well, dont think it will ever happen.
    Actually, that would be interesting. I always disliked that mounts appear in a puff of smoke.

I love flying, but 100% agree. Flying/LFD/LFR/Xrealm were game killers. Destroyed server communities. The thing that made wow great. Now its all just raid or die. Community does not matter anymore. Community should be the main priority in an MMO.

for me flying made be game feel better ti added a 3rd dimension and a new layer of immersion, if i wanted to pay a 2d game id be playing my ds more personally crz ruined the game more for me than any other system

i find it absolutely amusing that idiots like the op want to throw this game back to 2004, now i haven't played vanilla, nor do i want to i wish that any1 that wants to sand this game bck 14 years just leave this fourm and live and just stick to classic.

as for pathfinder its a joke i doubt this will happen but when classic goes live i wish flying would go bakc to the way it was back in TBC/woltk

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    I love flying, but 100% agree. Flying/LFD/LFR/Xrealm were game killers. Destroyed server communities. The thing that made wow great. Now its all just raid or die. Community does not matter anymore. Community should be the main priority in an MMO.
    i kinda disagree with the xrealm. i really wish blizzard would get rid of "realm identity" and just give us the option to crossrealm guilds, mythic raids and everything else.
    I have made alot of friends with xrealm features that i can't really play with because of these xrealm walls. The game makes you have new friends from other realms, but don't let you play with them.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

The problem is Blizzard didn't build on flying, so we don't have aerial combat and all the cool stuff they could have done with it.

Storm Peaks and Icecrown were the only zone designed for flying in the game. I don't remember anyone complaining about flying in WOTLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know what might have been the worst decision, but I agree that flying was a bad one. Which is why I'm so glad Blizzard is restricting it in the future.

The original design was the best.

You had "flying mounts" in the beginning of the game. They were called "Flight Masters" and they only took you to predetermined locations.

Wanted to get back to one specific place (like a major city) fast? Well you got ONE hearthstone with a long cooldown - use it wisely. Wanted to get somewhere else really fast? Befriend a Mage or Warlock!

Wanted to get between areas pretty darn fast? Go to the nearest Flight Master and take a trip!

The perspective that gave you... flying safely over the world... was beautiful.

Me, coming from games like UO and SWG - it was absolutely amazing to have this new perspective on the world I had only seen from the ground.

Yeah, the grind for mounts at 40 and 60 was rough... I definitely approved/appreciated dropping that to 20/40 and the gold cost becoming quite cheap.

But flying mounts? Yeah, they did ruin some critical aspects to the game.

The "problems" of getting aggro on the ground where easily avoided by roads and being alert.

The journey to a destination was part of the fun.

Exploring was part of the fun.

Danger was part of the fun!

I can't even tell you how many times I flew to Kargath in the Badlands and then having to run and use the teleporter to get into Molten Core...

THAT was Classic WoW. Stuff like that is really what made WoW great.

It was GD ADVENTURE everyday.

They changed a lot of things for the better in WoW over the years... dual specs, class/profession revamps... I even like LFD/LFR because it allows people of all playstyles to enjoy content.

But flying mounts?

Yeah, worst feature added in the history of WoW - hands down.

I don't PVP and never will, so flying is probably the best thing Blizzard has ever implemented.

Easily the best. Period.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    The problem is Blizzard didn't build on flying, so we don't have aerial combat and all the cool stuff they could have done with it.

Storm Peaks and Icecrown were the only zone designed for flying in the game. I don't remember anyone complaining about flying in WOTLK.
    Netherstorm is definitely designed with flight in mind and that's from Burning Crusade.

Deepholm from Cataclysm was DEFINITELY designed with flight in mind.

Mount Hyjal is designed with flight in mind.

I could go on, but I've proven my point easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 2SLick View Post
    I don't PVP and never will, so flying is probably the best thing Blizzard has ever implemented.

Easily the best. Period.

- - - Updated - - -

Netherstorm is definitely designed with flight in mind and that's from Burning Crusade.

Deepholm from Cataclysm was DEFINITELY designed with flight in mind.

Mount Hyjal is designed with flight in mind.

I could go on, but I've proven my point easily.
    Think he's referring to content during Wotlk, and he'd be right. I believe reading Blizzard saying that themselves. Too lazy to search for it though...

Deleted
    You are right, flying does destroy a part of the game. The world environment, World PVP and so on. Luckily Blizzard acknowledges this and restricts flying on every new content so we actually can explore and allow flying like 1 year later after the content has been released. They can't just remove it, then people will get mad as fk and it's nice for old content. As long as they don't allow flying on new content it's fine(which they currently aren't).

Well Argus is a heaping pile or garbage without flight and I rather enjoy the rest of the Broken Isles but I realize tastes are subjective.

Maybe set a few seconds of your day aside to remove the flying mounts from your action bar.

OR even better, don't finish Path Finder. Problem solved.

Other than Cata you couldn't fly in the beginning of the xpac so you still get to explore the game in the beginning. After doing a million WQ after Legion came out and I know every nook and cranny in a zone flying is welcome. Also leveling my 15th char to 110 I just want to level as quick as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumicide View Post
    No, it really isn't. The mounts being a glorified speed boost is better than the absolutely clunky garbage of the vehicle system. Even aiming in vehicles is an absolute mess. It's physically sickening to even think the idea of having to play Ulduar's intro, but instead it being the entire outdoor experience.

You post has made me think that Orwell may have been wrong, we might need to "deal" with your wrong-think.
    You do realize that the vehicle system is also what's used for things like the Lightforged Warframe? Any time you pick up an object and your hotbar changes to specific abilities, that's also the vehicle system. Don't think in terms of actual, literal, vehicles. But if you have to, consider the quest during the DK opening levels, where you're riding a dragon and bombing the Scarlet Crusade's fortress and army. That dragon flies exactly how normal flying mounts move.

It's not that my thinking is wrong. It's that you haven't fully considered the suggestion.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, for all the people saying that flying ruined the game: You're literally wrong. Flying was part of the game during TBC, WotLK, and Cata when WoW's population was at its highest. There is no way you can possibly prove that it was bad for the game when it was part of the game's design during it's most popular years.

So get off the Hazzicostas bandwagon and think for yourself instead of just repeating bullshit someone else said. The only thing flying is bad for is the CURRENT design which tries to ignore that flight ever existed.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No it wasn't..
    Agreed, it was a great thing. When it was introduced in the Burning Crusade it was an epic experience.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Restricting flight after it was implemented, was the worst thing Blizzard ever did.
    Disagreed, it was a great thing. The content is made to be experienced on the ground and that gameplay gives great experiences that flight takes away.

Ultimately they landed in the perfect model. Where you have the ground experience at first, then later you get the flight experience. Adds to the diversity of the experience of every expansion, and makes for two distinct periods of end-game in every expansion.

Well done, Blizzard.

Deleted
    Removing flying whilst simultaneously making zones that are a bitch to navigate was the worst thing Blizzard ever did.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind it being blocked for the beginning of content, but no.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsix View Post
    There were a few times where I was frustrated and wished I could just fly to an area, but it got me thinking that I would never get that feeling if flying was never in the game in the first place.
    If flying had never be implemented, I would have been even more frustrated than not and would be amongst the ranks of other people asking "when will we be able to fly??".
    My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today.

By Shyama

I'm not a fan of flying, but the game already crossed that line and then some. Can't have flying removed entirely with so many people invested in mount collection or even purchased some in the Blizzard Store.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I'm not a fan of flying, but the game already crossed that line and then some. Can't have flying removed entirely with so many people invested in mount collection or even purchased some in the Blizzard Store.
    ture im one of those people i love dragons im not gona pass up a gold dragon

Agreed. The world seems small

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there some reason you wanted to post this now, after all the threads on this?

And MODS! Megathread please. We don't need 18 threads on flight just because someone needs attention.