Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Eh, I'll gladly give em $9. This site is one of my most frequently visited.

Can i hide my premium badge?

Pay to win even on the forums!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    Eh, I'll gladly give em $9. This site is one of my most frequently visited.

Can i hide my premium badge?
    Can you WHAT?!

Can I make mine sparkle for @Tommys and only @Tommys? :P

The pugs are adorbs, btw.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I feel like they may be pressuring the mods to promote and use it, lol.
    We weren't even told it was live, someone just noticed it was up. Quite a few of us are just more than happy to spend 75 cents a month to hopefully support more development of the site going forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Pay to win even on the forums!
    Win what though?

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Why not give it an option to not be a recurring payment though?
    Yes, the 9$ option really shouldn't be recurring. That almost pushed me to not do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Can you WHAT?!

Can I make mine sparkle for @Tommys and only @Tommys? :P

The pugs are adorbs, btw.
    Hey, I like to see all the other premium badges, I just don't like my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    Yes, the 9$ option really shouldn't be recurring. That almost pushed me to not do it.
    You can click Cancel. Your remaining sub will keep on going, but it will not renew.

- - - Updated - - -

‘Twas a joke. No worries.
    Guess I don't leave the Heroes forum often enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    You can click Cancel. Your remaining sub will keep on going, but it will not renew.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for this.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Curse Premium no longer exists.
    Hey chaud, I saw some ideas being tossed around for Premium. I think a Premium off-topic board could work (could still be viewable by the non-premium to show there's actually activity there)

I've been using IGN, one of the longstanding forums remaining on the net, since 2000 and I paid for Insider back in the day. They had some Insider only boards there and the system mostly worked, but more than one board is pushing it. The quality of posts on Premium Off-topic might be higher because it means less trolls, but then again people might pay 89 cents just to troll, who knows (could limit posting access somehow to post count/join date, but meh). The concern might be that it splits the off-topic community, and that's a valid one, but I'd argue this boards so big and active that a lot of friendly/non-controversial threads just can't stay on the 1st page that normally would on a smaller board. It'd be like a second off-topic board and that might be a boost to traffic/overall board activity. The other downside would be that if it turns out to not be active enough then you'd just have a front-facing board that just makes it look like its not worth paying for that benefit. We also have a Chat Zone/Fun Stuff board for other persistent threads too, so idk, just a thought. I never paid for EJ's Benefactor Bar so idk how busy that was, but that board was hidden. It'd be important to have it readable by the public.

If there's ever a MMOC discord, Premium could also give people a special rank on there, but yea, make it a board right below Off-Topic imo, in the same category, but not a subforum, for more visibility

Overall the idea is cool and the pricing is competitive enough.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2017-11-11 at 12:59 AM.

Deleted
    I wouldn't really have much against giving MMO-Champion/Curse/Twitch/Amazon/??? 8-9 euros for a year, it sounds reasonable enough even though I get nothing positive out of it (ads are always blocked anyway), but I'm way too leery of giving them my credit card info. Perhaps if those codes were sold in like Steam or something. Could buy it there, enter here.

Oh well.

Deleted
    Oh, you have to give your credit info directly to MMO-Champion? That also makes me feel uncomfortable.
    You don't. Chaud replied to this concern here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post47983540

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I wouldn't really have much against giving MMO-Champion/Curse/Twitch/Amazon/??? 8-9 euros for a year, it sounds reasonable enough even though I get nothing positive out of it (ads are always blocked anyway), but I'm way too leery of giving them my credit card info. Perhaps if those codes were sold in like Steam or something. Could buy it there, enter here.

Oh well.
    @Winter Blossom Chaud says the credit card info never touches MMO champs severs.

Edit: Ninja'd by a higher quality post.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for this. I will most likely redo it next year as well since I love this site and frequent it alot. That is why I paid the premium...nothing else.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

well adblock covers part of what they are selling..and i don't see in paying for a badge.. meh w/e floats yer boat if its for you by all means
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Well chrome still says it's not secure, so it's a no go for me.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Curse Premium no longer exists.
    Oh? I didn't know. I guess this makes a lot more sense then.

Also hi! I got a reply from chaud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm gonna pass.

I've got better things to spend 99 cents a month on . . .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stickybuds79 View Post
    Well chrome still says it's not secure, so it's a no go for me.

LOL.

As if I'm sending my CC information over a nonsecure connection! Get your certificates straight, Curse!
    Putin khuliyo

Signed up without hesitation, get way more than $10/year of value from this site. Won't feel so bad about blocking adverts now

But yeah - I hate the extra badge, I'd prefer some other option like being able to upload an animated avatar, or extra space in the sig or something.

Broadcasting I'm premium specifically seems a little 'over the top'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I've got better things to spend 99 cents a month on . . .
    Your Post Count 22,242 suggests you would be getting an awesome deal for 99c a month.

Everyone USE Paypal this is EXACTLY what it is for .... don't CC direct to curse

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Probably get it if they add more benefits, no idea what those could be myself though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't trust this site at all

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I don't trust this site at all
    Maybe when you reach 80 000 posts you’ll feel more comfortable.