Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Give her time. Capaldi's first outfit was a bit dodgy, but over time he adjusted it a bit and by the end it looked better. I'm guessing this is just the first iteration of her outfit, and it'll evolve over time.
    i loved capaldis first outfit, it was clearly inspired by the 3rd doctor and had a very "stage show magician" or ringmaster feel to it

- - - Updated - - -

speaking of 3rd doctor. i hope 13 uses kung fu and beats the shit out of bad guys like he did
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    Give her time. Capaldi's first outfit was a bit dodgy, but over time he adjusted it a bit and by the end it looked better. I'm guessing this is just the first iteration of her outfit, and it'll evolve over time.
    My expectations are that people should get it right the first time. This is a very popular tv show, not some indie producers making it. I have exceptions on how I think the show should look and feel.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I dont look at that costume and think doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I personally don't like it.
    thats clearly a YOU problem then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    speaking of 3rd doctor. i hope 13 uses kung fu and beats the shit out of bad guys like he did
    I also hope for that. The Doctor has been a pacifist for too long, it's time she starts Kung Fuing stuff again.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    My expectations are that people should get it right the first time. This is a very popular tv show, not some indie producers making it. I have exceptions on how I think the show should look and feel.
    TO be fair, this is a BBC production... So it might as well be some indie producer. There's a reason they reuse so many actors, sets and props.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Its funny but with the fall of Robert Mugabe and his regime in Zimbabwe this could be a massive boon to us old school Dr Who fans.

Its rumoured that Zimbabwe is hoarding huge stocks of Old episodes long thought lost.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-...-who-episodes/

With Mugabe gone hopefully Zimbabwe will open up and let the BBC in to restore these episodes and to give us Who fans a massive christmas present!

Deleted
    I AM YOUNGER!

Really looking for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by t1saif View Post
    Oh. That just makes me happy

Deleted
    The doctor reddit has so many haters
    I like this episode and how the use the original 1st doctor footage *nerdgasm*
    I just wish we would have get a date too when the show continues ....

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    The doctor reddit has so many haters
    I like this episode and how the use the original 1st doctor footage *nerdgasm*
    I just wish we would have get a date too when the show continues ....
    It was pretty underwhelming for a doctors final episode, but that's pretty much been the past 2 series too. However! Moffat's gone, all his writer friends are gone, and now here's hoping the entirely new team will give it the kick up the arse that it needs.

I was also underwhelmed, Moffat lashed cliche upon cliche, but that was to be expected. The Hamleting as a trope before a regeneration is getting somewhat stale, and after the misogyny jokes was it really wise to have the new doctor's first action end up the way it did? Probably not...

The writers have really made the Doctor an idiot,this is what,the 4th or 5th time he's blown up the Tardis by regenerating in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible episode, looking forward to getting doctor who back on track

15+ Year Old Account
    This episode was rather "Meh", but I guess that is Moffat in a nut shell eh?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

That episode was complete balls wasn't it?
    Why did they put an episode which was essentially 45 minutes of nothing happening as the Christmas special?
    That's when you can expect the highest number of people, and children, to be watching.

My whole family was bored to distraction, I can't imagine a 12 year old bothering to stay in the room for the whole thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Peter Capaldi’s finale perfectly summed up his tenure as the Doctor. Good performances from a fairly poor script, intriguing ideas that were only half explored, all capped off with a big speech and a thoroughly unnecessary cameo from Clara.

Such a waste of one of England’s finest working dramatic actors...

Bring on Chibnall and Whittaker, you don’t need to be great, but I hope you’re better than that was.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Deleted
    I enjoyed it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syriane View Post
    I enjoyed it.
    Me too...they can only do so many episodes where there is a big villian. Finding out that there was no evil plan at all was kind of a neat idea IMO.

Deleted
    Peter Capaldi’s finale perfectly summed up his tenure as the Doctor. Good performances from a fairly poor script, intriguing ideas that were only half explored, all capped off with a big speech and a thoroughly unnecessary cameo from Clara.
    Such a waste of one of England’s finest working dramatic actors...
    Bring on Chibnall and Whittaker, you don’t need to be great, but I hope you’re better than that was.
    this is a perfect example of what is wrong with people today. Every second have to be action but god beware a good actor does a character focused episode like this one....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    this is a perfect example of what is wrong with people today. Every second have to be action but god beware a good actor does a character focused episode like this one....
    Point me to ONE part where I say it needed more action? I mention good performances, poor script and half explored ideas. NONE of that implies I wanted more action from the episode. Having Capaldi and “Hartnell” running around shooting stuff would have been totally out of place for the tone of the episode and their characters.

I even highlight that Capaldi is a fantastic dramatic actor and that Moffat has wasted his talents, implying that I wanted more focus on drama within his tenure (and less Clara).

If ANYONE here sums up what’s wrong with people today, it’s the person who is over reacting to something they’ve read into what another person has said, even though the original post says nothing along those lines.