Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I don't trust this site at all
    "I don't trust this site which I've been coming to intensively for 7 years"

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerossi View Post
    Maybe when you reach 80 000 posts you’ll feel more comfortable.
    Even at 100k, I wouldnt put my credit card or fuck even paypal anywhere near this site despite claims that the info never hits this sites servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    "I don't trust this site which I've been coming to intensively for 7 years"
    I don't give my bartender a credit card either :P and they make my drinks

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    If I get some sort of Ban tolerance I'm all for it.

Do we have PREMIUM bear forums? Do these forums provide a SIGNIFICANT advantage over POOR INDIVIDUALS?

Otherwise not in a thousand years, I don't see ads anyway. Must be my forest connection.
    ^This. If I'm not getting a significant advantage over the poors then it's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I've said it before but this was the site that actually caused me to seek out an adblocker.

I'm not going to support bad behavior.
    At least this site doesn't actively try to bypass ad blocker by implementing an ad system that actively slows your connection normally, and slows it 10x worse with an ad blocker (looking at you wowhead). I would throw money Ublock Origin's way LONG before wowhead ever gets money from me. I didn't even run an ad blocker outside of Youtube until I got back into wow and started using wowhead again.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    They actually spoke about implementing this a few months back. They did a poll on the front page which they quickly removed.

Basically they dont make enough money from ad-revenue so they want people to pay this instead.
    Good. They don't deserve a dime for those horseshit ads. Get a decent ad agency that doesn't rape my computer and I might consider disabling adblock. Until then, I don't mind this site crashing to the ground. Fucking marketing needs to learn to respect the customer.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    ^This. If I'm not getting a significant advantage over the poors then it's not worth it.
    like Endus isn't allowed to moderate your posts.

OFF TO GEN-OT!!!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    Yes, the 9$ option really shouldn't be recurring. That almost pushed me to not do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, I like to see all the other premium badges, I just don't like my own.
    Wtb highlighted posts.
    Border on avatar.
    Signature that pops out at the viewer.

:P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Hey chaud, I saw some ideas being tossed around for Premium. I think a Premium off-topic board could work (could still be viewable by the non-premium to show there's actually activity there)

I've been using IGN, one of the longstanding forums remaining on the net, since 2000 and I paid for Insider back in the day. They had some Insider only boards there and the system mostly worked, but more than one board is pushing it. The quality of posts on Premium Off-topic might be higher because it means less trolls, but then again people might pay 89 cents just to troll, who knows (could limit posting access somehow to post count/join date, but meh). The concern might be that it splits the off-topic community, and that's a valid one, but I'd argue this boards so big and active that a lot of friendly/non-controversial threads just can't stay on the 1st page that normally would on a smaller board. It'd be like a second off-topic board and that might be a boost to traffic/overall board activity. The other downside would be that if it turns out to not be active enough then you'd just have a front-facing board that just makes it look like its not worth paying for that benefit. We also have a Chat Zone/Fun Stuff board for other persistent threads too, so idk, just a thought. I never paid for EJ's Benefactor Bar so idk how busy that was, but that board was hidden. It'd be important to have it readable by the public.

If there's ever a MMOC discord, Premium could also give people a special rank on there, but yea, make it a board right below Off-Topic imo, in the same category, but not a subforum, for more visibility

Overall the idea is cool and the pricing is competitive enough.
    Both things are under consideration. It depends on the number of people that are interested when we officially announce Premium.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickybuds79 View Post
    Well chrome still says it's not secure, so it's a no go for me.
    Yeah, some of the images on that page are served from http instead of https. If you inspect the form fields for the credit card information, you can see it is an iframe to Braintree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Giving it a shot. $9 a year is worth ad-free experience if nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Yeah, some of the images on that page are served from http instead of https. If you inspect the form fields for the credit card information, you can see it is an iframe to Braintree.
    Ahh yea I see now. iframe#braintree-hosted-field-number.

I'll let you off.

I don't give my bartender a credit card either :P and they make my drinks
    I didn't give MMO-C or Curse mine either... yet... here I am a 'premium' member
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2017-11-11 at 03:16 AM.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I didn't give MMO-C or Curse mine either... yet...
    I see you are a man of culture as well.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Yeah, some of the images on that page are served from http instead of https.
    I might point out that any non secure elements on a page are in fact the weakest link in security of the page (in general).

I got around this by using Paypal, and no - I'd never put my credit card into a site which doesn't show as secure.

@chaud One other idea I have is to do a user of the month spotlight, like on a slow news day like Sunday with the comics, randomly picked from one of the premium users.

...Ideally it'd be somebody that's currently playing the game still so its Warcraft related (thats the big hurdle imo). No personal information, just a short interview with stuff like:

-Character name, server
    -What got them into WoW
    -What they like about the game right now
    -What they'd like to see changed (short and sweet hopefully positive vibes)
    -Any shoutouts to guild, specific people, twitch, maybe one of their guilds kill videos, if applicable
    -Any fan art that they've produced, if applicable (the artist thing can arguably be its own spotlight too but not feeling that one as strongly since it doesn't feel like it needs to be tied to the program)

It'd be a cool free thing, and a way to promote Premium at the same time once in awhile. Only thing is, a lot of premium subs might not play WoW. I suppose that'd be usually verifiable via post history. Having Premium and at least posting on the WoW boards.

I don't think it should go the direction of giveaways though. Twitch I know at least was against channels doing that for awhile, but not up to date with the current ToS.

Regarding the code setup, I haven't bought premium, but looking at the buy page, I see there's a mention of codes. Maybe there could be an "adoption" system (like IGN had) to gift it to users, but without the code? Like a reddit gold sort of thing. Type in the board username and they get the badge. Also, every time you buy the yearly sub/it renews, you could have the option of giving a month free to somebody, usable within X time (7-30 days?) of rollover so they're not just using it for themselves on an alt account. I like that a lot and might help the program quickly gain traction. The adopted user could get a PM or some other notification that they got it and from who. I don't think the code system should be involved with adoptions.

WoW has/had its own system where you can gift codes to people through email, but that'd just go to waste a lot of the time. Plus there might be flaws/unneeded complexity in a system that needs to retain persistent activated gift codes and preventing against brute force attacks. The code system will be good for giving away some one month subs in news posts once in awhile. Not a big fan because of how it ruins the comment section for that particular news post though but its alright occasionally. That's all I got. Rambled on for too long.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2017-11-11 at 04:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see you are a man of culture as well.
    I wonder what you posted in the takei thread to get yourself banned xD

OT I will pay for premium if they come out with cooler additions like a border around your avatar, colored names like I want mine to be hot pink for example lol I loved that stuff on d2jsp back in the day.

Custom title would be nice under premium. I would prob get it for that bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    You mean there are people that pay Endus and Crissi to be what they are? What the fuck...

ps: fuck that badge
    I dunno, I like Crissi, she seems like a sweet girl, I agree with you about Endus though, he's just a dumb hypocritical cunt. I'll gladly pay for 10 years worth of this if they just remove him from a mod position.

I've spent a lot of time here promulgating my opinions on Gen OT, which is kind of cathartic. I think MMO-C has earned it for giving me a place to do that.

So aside from the Ad-free [using uBlock Origin, so non-issue] and a "Premium" badge under avatar... is that it?

Premium users should have a considerably raised allowance of Avatar (.gif) file size and signatures at least!

Might get it then...

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    simply taking things from non-donors
    ??? No one has a right to visit a website, so no one is taking a website from anyone, regardless if they donate or not. Donations are a gift, not a payment, and gifts are not obligated to be repaid in any form.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    they don't get anything when we use adblock
    More precisely, they don't get anything when the ads they place on their site are not being purchased by those that visit their site, ads which no one is under obligation to purchase.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-11-11 at 06:09 AM.