Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    After reading all of the arguments on this thread, I think that I have changed my mind about wanting Dual Spec. I actually agree with many of the points made here that picking and sticking with a spec was part of the identity immersion of the game.

But I still want those classes to be viable enough that people can play them. I still think that was a really bad part of the original vanilla, as I had a LOT of friends in my guild who started out in one area of a class, and tried to take that area of the class into end game only to find that they couldn't and were "letting down their friends". So I still think that alt specs and/or gear needs to have some minor numbers and things looked at.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It is always hilarious when people use their rose tinted glasses. Waiting an hour or 2 for a group didn't make the community richer. Farming mats for hours didn't make the community better. It was the people. What are you even talking about? Do you even proof read what you write?

Classic is gong to be brutal. It is going to be unbalanced and raiding is going to be terrible. I'm going along for the ride solely to do 5-10 man content and to do AV again. I am interested in doing the long quests that ended in raid bosses and I am going to take 4-5 mates with me. I expect it is prob going to take us 6 months of real time to level (prob 10 days game time) and we are going to do it when retail has their lulls in content. I get a lot of questions from others on what it is like and a few of them have shown interest. I don't bullshit them like 95% of the people here do. I don't really care where they start as long as game breaking bugs are gone. The difficulty of Cthun was not a bug.
    Yeah, rose tinted glasses. Way to invalidate your own argument. You might have just said instead "You remember wrong, I remember right (even though I probably never played to begin with)". Do people who utter that phase even realise how stupid they sound?

Besides, we already know it's not nostalgia. Nost / Elys was almost a prefect recreation of vanilla and guess what? It still retains what made vanilla amazing. And what people like you fail to realise is the tedium and difficulty that was sometimes present in vanilla is what enriched and fostered the community in the first place.

For example, the difficulty in finding good groups means when you DID find competent people, you didn't let them go and you went out of your way to network. You had a full friends list, you KNEW people from your realm and they knew you. Community.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know most people want the exact authentic Vanilla experience, and that's what I initially wanted but.. Part of me would like some number tweaking with the classes, attempt to bring them more in line since there were some useless specs. I don't mean actually change the abilities to make them more modern or anything, just number balancing perhaps. Also graphically, I don't want better textures and all that stuff, I was thinking the only thing they could tweak maybe could be view distance? I don't think a view distance increase could really impact the experience negatively.

Quote Originally Posted by Frylord View Post
    Yeah, rose tinted glasses. Way to invalidate your own argument. You might have just said instead "You remember wrong, I remember right (even though I probably never played to begin with)". Do people who utter that phase even realise how stupid they sound?

Besides, we already know it's not nostalgia. Nost / Elys was almost a prefect recreation of vanilla and guess what? It still retains what made vanilla amazing. And what people like you fail to realise is the tedium and difficulty that was sometimes present in vanilla is what enriched and fostered the community in the first place.

For example, the difficulty in finding good groups means when you DID find competent people, you didn't let them go and you went out of your way to network. You had a full friends list, you KNEW people from your realm and they knew you. Community.
    What this guy said

There is no divide.

The legacy crowd have always and will always just want as true to the original experience as possible. Hence when we had to create our own private servers like Nost or Elys, they were basically exactly what we wanted. Vanilla as close as we could get it.

The other people that joined the movement can be categorised into 2 rough groups. The bitter "you'll never get legacy realm" trolls and the clueless people who never played Vanilla but jumped onto the bandwagon when the servers got announced.
    This exactly! There is no divide among legacy crowd... the divide is between legacy and those who started at pandaland, hated classic so far and now that is comimg for sure they started flowing forums asking for the game to be pandaland... there is no civil war at all. Classic community wants the classic wow as classic as possible.

As for the rest, you are the reason wow became what it is today, stop crying on classic forums trying to ruin classic with your QoL bullshit
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    Take your QoL changes and fuck off!
    You are the reason that the game turned into a single player mario.

Even though I know I would enjoy the new character models and transmog,
    I want vanilla and It is going to be vanilla. Any QoL especially LFG tool can fuck off. It is the reason why the community is dead and there are people who wants it in the classic? fuck off!

BUg fixes, server optimizations are not QoL like group finder or quest markers. You cannot put them in same category. But even then if you fucking trolls insisting in your ridiculous counter arguments, I and veterans or purists or whatever are going to take a full fucking buggy, unstable vanilla over your QoL single player game.

Fuck off, deal with, for years you mocked players here. Nost topic got thousand of pages of ridicule from you disgusting trolls. Fuck off, take your hands away from the happiness of others. You have what you want, we are going to get what we want.

Classic people are not divided. People like OP are the fucking trolls.

"Fuck off" count: 5

you get the meaning.
    This. 1000 times over. The lul lets add LFR posters are the same asshats that trolled the classic server threads before they were made official. If you dont wanna play vanilla go spam your aoe spells, pay no attention to aggro, and enjoy your welfare epics.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Temis View Post
    There are 2 groups of people, one group of people are the ones that are playing on private servers and have been asking and fighting for official legacy servers for a long time some since TBC was launched believe it or not! The other group of people are people that are kinda interested in classic vanilla servers but dont really want the vanilla experience and want it changed to be like retail.
    Demonstrably false. I have never played on pirate servers yet I want official legacy servers, certainly not changed like retail. You cannot pigeonhole everyone, brother.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Seriously, I can usually stand the petty nonsense of MMO-C, but man all this cringy "discussion" about classic WoW is giving me brain cancer.
    Not even the flying debates are this annoying.
    There is probably a great overlap between people who bitch at retail and cliam they do not play because of no flying and people who bitch at retail and cliam they do not play because of no Vanilla.

Just like, on the other side, a great overlap in people who are simply annoyed at all the self-righteous bitching at their game from people who do not even play but won't shut up about not playing.

It seems more like bitter anti-classic people making a bigger deal out of it than it really is. They are basically still in denial that they were wrong, and that Blizzard sided with us. They are seemingly trying to incite the classic community against itself so that it burns to the ground. That won't happen. Blizzard has already said that they plan on making an authentic classic experience, and that they are in it for the long haul. They have said they want to preserve an important game in video game history.

Blizzards knows that a lot of people won't like it and they are ok with that. If only the people that play private servers showed up, it would still be successful, and a lot of classic fans won't touch private servers (for good reason). I think this mindset that everyone doesn't realize how much they are going to hate classic is also overblown. Sure, a decent amount of them will, but many won't. It's a little bit like saying that people who enjoyed LoZ Breath of the Wild will hate Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. My 12 year old nephew loves all 3 games, even though the last 2 were made years before he was born. Classic servers are here to stay and if they can be successful in Runescape and Everquest, they will do even better in the most successful MMO ever created.
    Last edited by Ghier; 2017-11-11 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smrtby View Post
    I don't think people who wanted Classic all along are entering a "civil war".

I think people who were anti-Classic, who now have egg on their face after years of throwing tantrums at the very idea, are trying to find some new thing to glom onto as a reason why Vanilla can't/shouldn't happen.
    Demonstrably false. The new debate is not whether Vanilla should hapen, but how it should. Because it totally should.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    This exactly! There is no divide among legacy crowd... the divide is between legacy and those who started at pandaland, hated classic so far and now that is comimg for sure they started flowing forums asking for the game to be pandaland... there is no civil war at all.
    Demonstrably false. I have started in Classic but unlike you I do not subscribe to the notion that that should give me the right to shut down debate. And that is a divide already, because apparently I'm not the only one who won't be meekly shouted down.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Yeah, no. I've had arguments with real life friends who want classic servers, and they always talk about how they also want QoL improvements from other expansions(like a queue system for instances for example) and additional content after Naxx(they don't want classic to ever end basically...). They have fights against each other about whether or not they should start at the last patch of the game or at the very beginning and work their way up over years of play. They argue against whether it should come with all the game breaking bugs or not. They argue about almost everything. These people exist. What you're saying is 100% incorrect.
    So you got real life friends who want Classic with LFG, right? And want more content after Naxx, right?

Oke. Sounds legit and sane. Not trolling at all [sarcasm].
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Demonstrably false. I have started in Classic but unlike you I do not subscribe to the notion that that should give me the right to shut down debate. And that is a divide already, because apparently I'm not the only one who won't be meekly shouted down.
    I too started in classic and I want it more than anything since it's lightyears ahead of modern WoW for me. But I don't believe that vanilla was flawless in any way, that would be borderline delusional or simply dumb to think.
    There are discussions to be had in certain areas, the addon system in particular since it can be used to exploit or cheat, it can't just be patched, it needs to be replaced.

If you want a private server experience go play a private server, this won't be anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    So you got real life friends who want Classic with LFG, right? And want more content after Naxx, right?

Oke. Sounds legit and sane. Not trolling at all [sarcasm].
    If it were up to me, classic would be EXACTLY the same as it was. Start to finish. All the same game breaking bugs. All the grinding. Everything the same.

That being said.. Do you know anything about how long it took to find groups in classic? To get a group together and actually run the instance would take upwards of 4+ hours. If you had a guild group, you could cut that down to 2 hours... The queue system reduced it down to at most an hour of game time(for single queue DPS players) to get a party and do an entire instance. It's not insane to ask for the queue system. It's rational. Especially since all the people that played classic is now adults with jobs.

It's not trolling if someone disagrees with you. Stop being silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    @Gref Yes that server community of searching for a group for 6 hours to do Sunken Temple and then not saying a single word to people other than what mark their CC was! auggghg fuck off on QoL ruined the game!
    No wonder you are inept at communicating with others.

Even if you waited 2 hours for a group to reform, the time you spent together the chat itself made the community stronger. Calling friends, making promises later, idle chat while waiting all of them contributed towards a great community.

Anyway Vanilla is not your problem. Go play your battle of azeroth. Nobody is disturbing you there. Use your LFG all you want.

Authentic vanilla experience is exactly that, a perfect recreation of vanilla.

If you start adding various features and QoL improvements from other expansions then it is no longer WoW Vanilla/Classic.

You either enjoy WoW vanilla/classic in its pure authentic form with all its flaws - or what you are asking for is some "alternate" version of half-modern half-vanilla WoW that is guaranteed to be a mess that will please no one, because everyone has a different opinion on what "CLASSIC" WoW should be.

This is not the classic community its the retail community trying to change classic for us Just so they can dabble in it for 1 month or trying to convert classic into a method of farming old mogs

The classic community always wanted Classic as it was and nobody EVER asked for updated/altered classic before they announced classic servers

There is no divide.

The legacy crowd have always and will always just want as true to the original experience as possible. Hence when we had to create our own private servers like Nost or Elys, they were basically exactly what we wanted. Vanilla as close as we could get it.

The other people that joined the movement can be categorised into 2 rough groups. The bitter "you'll never get legacy realm" trolls and the clueless people who never played Vanilla but jumped onto the bandwagon when the servers got announced.
    The "legacy crowd" is a very small group though.
    With Blizzards own servers you're not just getting the players than played on private servers. You're getting the same people that play retail and they will not enjoy vanilla.

There will be a constant flow demands and once population starts to go down, Blizzard will most likely give in, sadly.

@sumerian999

Well said, your opening post is right on the spot.
    The classic developers are gonna go through hell and back a hundred times while they create and then maintain (and perhaps improve) Classic WoW.

I also agree that the general WoW community is heavily divided on what a "classic" wow experience should be.
    If blizz really makes it like vanilla wow then the vast majority of the population will GTFO in less than a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    Take your QoL changes and fuck off!
    You are the reason that the game turned into a single player mario.

Even though I know I would enjoy the new character models and transmog,
    I want vanilla and It is going to be vanilla. Any QoL especially LFG tool can fuck off. It is the reason why the community is dead and there are people who wants it in the classic? fuck off!

BUg fixes, server optimizations are not QoL like group finder or quest markers. You cannot put them in same category. But even then if you fucking trolls insisting in your ridiculous counter arguments, I and veterans or purists or whatever are going to take a full fucking buggy, unstable vanilla over your QoL single player game.

Fuck off, deal with, for years you mocked players here. Nost topic got thousand of pages of ridicule from you disgusting trolls. Fuck off, take your hands away from the happiness of others. You have what you want, we are going to get what we want.

Classic people are not divided. People like OP are the fucking trolls.

"Fuck off" count: 5

you get the meaning.
    Couldnt have said it better.... they were the ones here atttacking to anyone did the mistake to spell the word classic and now they are on the bandwagon, trying to make vanilla shit like they did the current game...
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    The "legacy crowd" is a very small group though.
    With Blizzards own servers you're not just getting the players than played on private servers. You're getting the same people that play retail and they will not enjoy vanilla.

There will be a constant flow demands and once population starts to go down, Blizzard will most likely give in, sadly.
    People who play retail who will not enjoy vanilla... simply won't play vanilla. And that's fine. If they they joined after TBC and can't handle what WoW used to be like, that's absolutely fine. It's not for everyone.

Blizzard has already stated that 1 million or 10 thousand, classic servers will be here for as long as there's a world of warcraft.

Fortunately for us Blizzard is not gonna make decisions by acclamation. People may have opinions and suggestions but in the end it's Blizzard choice to do whatever they want with their product.