Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    You get an additional badge underneath your avatar.
    How much did they rob you for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    *clicks on the premium button*
    *looks at the price*

Its cheap as hell compared to other premium things imo. If only we had more advantages, like a custom title, it would be worth it to me, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    ??? No one has a right to visit a website, so no one is taking a website from anyone, regardless if they donate or not. Donations are a gift, not a payment, and gifts are not obligated to be repaid in any form.
    I apologize if it wasn't clear. I was referring to certain websites using "increased connection speed" (decreasing the connection speed that non-donors used to have) as an incentive to donate, while it is true that no one is entitled to access to the forums per say, it is also no good to a forum to have a significant chunk of its user base feel "punished".
    My whole point was pretty much "it's hard for a forum to find a good balance between incentives getting people to donate, not giving any incentives and getting very little donations and simply spiting on non-donors" and sadly, whether I am right or wrong, I do not trust that a website like this can survive on the good will of some users alone

I'll take a look at the custom title and see how hard it would be to add that perk.

In a future version, stuff like a different color name or avatar border are definitely things we could do, I just haven't built out options for those yet.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I do not trust that a website like this can survive on the good will of some users alone
    Good will in and of itself can't help anything to survive, so I agree that you are wise to not trust good will alone to help anything survive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Isn't mmo-champ in the same network as wowhead?
    Definitely not. MMO-Champion is owned by Curse, which got taken over by Twitch not long ago. Wowhead is part of the ZAM-network.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    *clicks on the premium button*
    *looks at the price*

Its cheap as hell compared to other premium things imo. If only we had more advantages, like a custom title, it would be worth it to me, personally.
    I didn't actually click it TBH, not going to buy it, especially from what it sounds like you actually get.

All of these gimmie gimmie people. You don't buy it because you want to remove ads or some silly forum badge. You do it to give something back to the guys who put the work into the site.

Some of you guys have more than 5,000 posts. You're visiting a free website while using adblock. The owners aren't making a dime off you and you're freely using something that actually costs them something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    All of these gimmie gimmie people. You don't buy it because you want to remove ads or some silly forum badge. You do it to give something back to the guys who put the work into the site.

Some of you guys have more than 5,000 posts. You're visiting a free website while using adblock. The owners aren't making a dime off you and you're freely using something that actually costs them something.
    You're making it sound like MMO-Champion is some small site run by a few blokes from their garage somewhere. It's owned by Curse, which is a subsidiary of Amazon. Any money we pay for a premium goes to Curse/Amazon. If there are people who get paid to run/upkeep this site, they're well compensated by these multimillion dollar companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    you're freely using something that actually costs them something
    They don't have to offer it for free. Sorry, attempting to guilt trip other people doesn't always ensure you get paid for your work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Lol, they wish. Im gonna install a second adblocker, just for them!
    I noticed a few days ago that an ad actually showed up on the main page. Just added it to my block list and it hasn't come back since. Still an ad-free experience at MMO-C after about 5 seconds of effort.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    I'll take a look at the custom title and see how hard it would be to add that perk.

In a future version, stuff like a different color name or avatar border are definitely things we could do, I just haven't built out options for those yet.
    The primary problem with that is, we currently use all of that to distinguish mods from regular users. Making everyone look like a mod seems rather silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Glad to see this is finally a thing, and so cheap too.
    I'm not a huge fan of twitch/curse/amazon which as far as I understand are basically the same companies now, but I enjoy browsing mmo-champ (more than I should) and it's nice being able to give back a bit.

Has it already been asked whether there is/will be an option to toggle the premium badge?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah...no.

If I see people drooling over Russia being destroyed and their people suffering getting infracted and the threads they make closed same as those who do the exact same thing but with the US, I'll consider it.
    If I see people refering to someone as a "pathetic piece of fucking shit" getting infracted same as someone calling someone a "dolt", I'll consider it.
    If I see people who actually admit that they are baiting and trolling getting infracted, same as people who are just joking in a manner a mod doesn't like, I'll consider it.
    In short, if I see moderation that is actually consistent (be it strict or loose), I'll consider it.

Until then, I'm keeping my money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    9$ for a whole year. That's less per year than the convenience store nearby takes away from me every single day for soda.

Deleted
    9$ for a whole year. That's less per year than the convenience store nearby takes away from me every single day for soda.
    you spend $9 on soda a day?? That seems like a lot of soda to drink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    The price ain't bad.
    I spend more on lunch every Thursday than I did for a year of ad-free MMOC

Well, it's an optional way to support the site.
    Why would i support the site?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You're not blue! D:
    Either reality is collapsing or I have very precise amnesia

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    You're not blue! D:
    Either reality is collapsing or I have very precise amnesia
    I stepped down a few weeks ago.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    But you can have add free MMOC anyway without the cost.