Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The exact nature of Elune is completely unknown, save that she has been canonized one of the few of the Warcraft universe's deities. She has never physically appeared on Azeroth - her appearance is more imputed on her by the Night Elves as her primary worshipers. She does exist (or a force answers prayers made in her name) as she has acted on the world or individuals on it at different times through history. She protected Tyrande with an impregnable barrier of moonlight during the War of the Ancients in response to Tyrande's prayers for her aid, and she interceded in Ysera's death in Val'sharah and restored the Tears of Elune from its corrupted state.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-11-11 at 01:07 AM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    We know the Trolls were there before the Titan Constructs. Or at least: We have seen nothing so far as to how the Trolls evolved. We DO know however, that the Nightelves look like the form Elune choses life to give.

What if we learn at some point, that Elune created the Nightelves actually BEFORE the Trolls...but the Old Gods cursed them and Trolls are simply deformed Nightelves?

Anyhow, we will learn more about the creation of the Nightelves (and their form) when we learn more about the Trolls. Zandalar might shed some light on that!
    I have Chronicle Vol. 1, the trolls came after the titans left Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannus View Post
    I have Chronicle Vol. 1, the trolls came after the titans left Azeroth.
    yes but came from azeroth's blood.
    therefore trolls still own everything.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    elves are now the favored race by warcraft's current team of hacks so why not.
    So that's why Teldrassil gets burned to the ground! We should be so Happy!
    -.-"

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When were elves not integral to the story? They've played huge roles in lore ever since Warcraft 3 at least (that's when I started playing).
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elune may or may not have created Xe'ra, but think about it. The original plan was to use one of XE'RA's decendants. Which means Xe'ra, a naaru, has means of creating other naaru. Elune can have created Xe'ra and still be a naaru. But I don't think she is. I think that she is:

A: The spirit of the Titan that Sargeras killed, the one he first saw infested with the Old Gods.
    B: N'Zoth. Playing the long game. Maybe that is how he survived for so long compared to his brethren. He ruled not with open evil but with false benevolence, coming in different forms to become god to many young races, hoping one might one day be the tool to free him.
    C: Consellar. Fellow celestial beings that seem to be willing to work with the Titans, Elune fits the bill here. Rather anticlimactic, but it would make sense. We know very little of these beings and their power.
    D: Some sort of being outside of the physical realm. A being of pure Light, perhaps. Think like a Light version of Aluneth. Also, cosmic elemental. Murmur may have been one of the most powerful beings we have encountered. Surely he is not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    hello terrible retcon.

If nothing was learned beyond what they showed in the Broken Isles and Suramar, nothing more needs to be divulged. The lore is already cemented on their origins, no need for another dumb retcon as a failed fan service for removing the race from Kalimdor by the Horde's hand.
    IMHO, no more terrible than having Night Elves evolve from Trolls in the 1st place.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

My current theory is that you look at her name. Blizzard likes to borrow characters from other sources, alter the name slightly, and inject them into WoW. Thor becomes Thorim. Cthulhu becomes Cthun. You know the deal.

Elune was most likely a borrowed name as well. And the most likely source is Eru Iluvatar.

1. Eru Iluvatar created the universe. Elune probably created the universe.
    2. Eru Iluvatar existed outside the realm of reality. Elune probably exists outside the realm of Warcraft reality.
    3. Eru iluvatar created angelic beings callied Ainur. A peculiar trait of these beings is MUSIC and song. Elune created beings of light called Naaru and a peculiar trait of these beings is MUSIC and chimes.

If I'm right, the leader of the Void Lords could have a name similar to Melkor or Morgoth.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    When were elves not integral to the story? They've played huge roles in lore ever since Warcraft 3 at least (that's when I started playing).
    If you want to be fair they've played a role since WC1, since the humans wouldn't have had mages (a la Conjurors or even Medivh), without the high elves.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

no more damn elves

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    My current theory is that you look at her name. Blizzard likes to borrow characters from other sources, alter the name slightly, and inject them into WoW. Thor becomes Thorim. Cthulhu becomes Cthun. You know the deal.

Elune was most likely a borrowed name as well. And the most likely source is Eru Iluvatar.

1. Eru Iluvatar created the universe. Elune probably created the universe.
    2. Eru Iluvatar existed outside the realm of reality. Elune probably exists outside the realm of Warcraft reality.
    3. Eru iluvatar created angelic beings callied Ainur. A peculiar trait of these beings is MUSIC and song. Elune created beings of light called Naaru and a peculiar trait of these beings is MUSIC and chimes.

If I'm right, the leader of the Void Lords could have a name similar to Melkor or Morgoth.
    Nice catch. I'd always assumed Elune was inspired by Selûne.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."

I'll say it again, Cenarius is half elf. Where did that come from?
    A crazy night at spring break.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll say it again, Cenarius is half elf. Where did that come from?
    I'm moreso of the belief that since Elves were once Trolls and they found Elunes power, that they actually gradually took on a form close to hers away from the look of Trolls.

So Cenarius looks "half Elf" because Elves look like a physical "corruption" of Trolls with Elunes Power.

Well, in War of the Ancients, the Night Elves describe Elune as a crusader, wading into battle on the back of a battle-cat.
    It's where the Night Elves get their notion of Wardens and Priests from. (Maiev specifically uses Blink and Fan of Knives though... maybe her faith is lacking.)

Naaru are Demi-Gods. (Recent dungeon specifies this.) Elune is a Goddess.
    At one point, the Trolls worshiped a deity similar to Elune.

Elune is probably just a force, or a concept. Faith in her gives power because faith is converted to magical power in the Warcraft universe - regardless of what you believe in, or how twisted your ethics are, or even who you're killing. Keep in mind, Paladins can Judge other Paladins, and Priests can Smite other Priests. Both can harm innocents, kill children, mothers, or entire families. Night Elves could believe in an all-mighty Potato and in Warcraft... that would still grant you power. Faith is the battery for magic.

And yet at the same time, Ysera's death brought forth a vague form to cradle Ysera into the stars, despite many Night Elf priests and priestesses being present at the time of her death, the form was vague. (Light-tentacles from the moon... is she a Light-Infused Old God? That'd be a knee-slapper.) Is the presence of Velen and what he told Tyrande before in the past -- that the Light and Elune were similar -- affecting her perception of her faith?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePallyRanger View Post
    I recall someone at Blizzard saying that Velen was correct when he suggested Elune was a Naaru on Twitter.
    What's a Naaru doing using Twitter? Does Elune message her followers?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    What's a Naaru doing using Twitter? Does Elune message her followers?
    Azeroth "Hey Xe'ra Come over"
    Xe'ra "Can't fighting in the Twisting Nether"
    Azeroth "My Titans aren't home"
    Xera -

Just about everything powerful in WoW seems able to take humanoid form or create avatars of lesser size. Whatever Elune is, her ability to take an elven-like form should be nothing special.

As for what she is? She appears to predate even the Naaru. As she created the Prime Naaru. That would make her a cosmic entity of the Light. I really see only two options for what she is.

1. She is a Light Lord, the cosmic equivalent of the Void Lords.
    2. She is a Void Lord that split from the others and turned to the Light.

The latter would be very interesting, at this would mean at the heart of the battle between Light and Shadow lies civil war. Related beings beyond our comprehension, playing cosmic chess with literally dark and light pieces to move around their playing field.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Guess that's why their capital is being torched.
    Yep, because even in blizzards twisted way having a races city be burned is counted as getting focus. Also silvermoon is untouched, and their are now four playable elf races, so yes, elves are the favored race of the current hack team of writers in blizzard
    #boycottchina

In my opinion, it's been all but blatantly stated in Legion that Elune is some sort of Light Lord equivalent of the Void Lords, as others have said in this thread.

Basically Elune is to Naaru as Void Lords are to Old Gods.

There's a lot of evidence in Legion, especially, backing this up, so if/when we see an expansion about Void Lords (Probably WoW's last expansion) we will most likely meet Elune.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does Elune have those hips like the Windrunner sisters cause wow? I’ll take my answer off air.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis