View Poll Results: Will Classic Servers save WoW?

Voters
339. This poll is closed
  • Yes

129 38.05%
  • No

210 61.95%
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cainium View Post
    WoW has much more competitors these days compared to the past.
    WoW, since it's launch, hasn't had a single competitor within the same genre, I guess Final Fantasy is the closest thing- but that caters to a different audience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Retail WoW has bottomed out and will continue its death spiral into oblivion. This does not make me happy, but it is the truth. Vanilla is the future.
    thats like saying behaving like in your childhood will save your marriage....

If you play Live WoW and jump onto a private server right after, it's painfully apparent how crappy WoW has become. Vanilla has all the elements of a true RPG, and Live has almost none. It's really more of an action game at this point. You shouldn't be able to roll into a pack of 10 mobs and steamroll them down without losing health. Why do those mobs even exist then?

Wow is sitting at a few million players strong and makes more money each quarter then the one before it.

So how does it need saving? Hell Runescape has less then 100K players at one time (logged on) and its going strong. Ill be old and gray before WoW needs to be saved.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    WoW Community is already divided. There's the retail crowd and then there's us, the community of people who played Classic WoW on private servers.

What they are doing will bring the community together under the same banner, not separate it.

The kiddies will continue to play their Kung Fu Pandas and Pokemon while we older people will play original World Of Warcraft intended for more mature players.
    /golfclap

/10 char

15+ Year Old Account
    I voted No, because WoW doesn't need saving, except maybe from jerks like you trying to say it's dead…
    HOME OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Addon Author: My Projects

Deleted
    It's too late. WoW has been on life support ever since it was dealt a death blow by the launch of Vanguard.

Honestly right now it looks like "Classic WoW" needs to save itself.

In the few days since it has been announced the "Vanilla Fanbase Community" has divided and fractured into so many pieces because everyone has a different opinion on what a WoW Classic should be.

What patch version, what expansion, which quality of life features should be included, should blizz bugfix old bugs, what about class balancing and design, what about old addons etc etc...

Wow doesn't need saving, so i doubt it. It will probably bring back 100k subs for a few month, but most people whi will play it, are already subscribed to the current game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    For now but when you hit the progression wall that is Naxx 40, then you and many others will see vanilla for what it is..
    You know what is cool about vannila? NOBADY gives **** about raiding in vannila. Raiding wasnt main thing what you have been doing in vannila. it was content purely for hardcore players. People didnt cares about raids at all. They spend time leveling, farming gold, pvp and dungeons this was casual content what took you years to finish. It wasnt like it is now that game forces raiding on you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Wow is sitting at a few million players strong and makes more money each quarter then the one before it.

So how does it need saving? Hell Runescape has less then 100K players at one time (logged on) and its going strong. Ill be old and gray before WoW needs to be saved.
    It doesnt. It sit below 2mil active users. And definitly doesnt bring that much money compared to Overwatch and Hearstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    You know what is cool about vannila? NOBADY gives **** about raiding in vannila. Raiding wasnt main thing what you have been doing in vannila. it was content purely for hardcore players. People didnt cares about raids at all. They spend time leveling, farming gold, pvp and dungeons this was casual content what took you years to finish. It wasnt like it is now that game forces raiding on you.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesnt. It sit below 2mil active users. And definitly doesnt bring that much money compared to Overwatch and Hearstone.
    How does the game force raiding on me? I can get gear outside of it that is more than enough. Not once have I felt I have to raid. I raid because I want to. And because I'm not a PvP type of player except with certain games. Oh and people still PvP today, farm dungeons including Mythic + which has been widely hailed as a saving grace for keeping dungeons relevant, farming gold is still a thing last I checked and as for leveling you must be referring to professions because if you are doing content outside of raiding you would more than likely be 60. Professions are still done today due to flasks, gems and Primal Obliterum gear.

It's never forced raiding on you and has always had content there for non raiders since 2004. Note that I said 2004 so I'm not just talking about the current game either before you try to jump on the "defending retail" argument. Right now there are Pet Battles, Mythic +, Weekly events, Micro holidays, PvP, Professions, RPing (more on the player to create that but I'd still say it's content) and so on.

And no you have no actual source that it's below 2 million. Feel free to wildly speculate or link your unreliable and skewered census metrics. So let's not go down that road because right now all that you have is wild speculation.

I'd advise you read the quarterly reports. Hearthstone, Overwatch and WoW are their biggest money makers and WoW is consistent at bringing in a large amount or increases every quarter.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-11-11 at 09:40 AM.

WoW doesn't need saving and even if it did, Classic wouldn't be the saving grace.

What could however harm classic is the downright zealous approach some people have when talking about it.

WoW Community is already divided. There's the retail crowd and then there's us, the community of people who played Classic WoW on private servers.

What they are doing will bring the community together under the same banner, not separate it.

The kiddies will continue to play their Kung Fu Pandas and Pokemon while we older people will play original World Of Warcraft intended for more mature players.
    Mature people don't play on bootleg versions of games.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Mature people don't play on bootleg versions of games.
    Mature people don't insult the other side of the playerbase for enjoying retail....

Deleted
    With this statement you basically confirmed you're the kiddy here.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Retail WoW has bottomed out and will continue its death spiral into oblivion. This does not make me happy, but it is the truth.
    And your source for that is?...

How on earth does Blizzard finally acquiescing to creating vanilla servers result in this sort of discussion. I thought the entire point of what people were asking for was always the genuine vanilla experience. Without question those of us who played it know full well what that means, both good and bad, but isn't that the point? The real question for me is whether the vanilla era sense of community can be brought back but I would think without the limitations vanilla had there would be no chance of that. It was the way it was that forced people to group up, build a reputation in the community and take pride in your achievements. Back in vanilla it was a damned achievement to have two characters at max level, let alone make it in the raiding world.

I suspect Blizzard knows that what they are going to be delivering is the most authentic vanilla experience possible. Most of the work will be in making it run on modern server hardware, integrating it with Battle net and working out how they maintain it. I can assure you that delivering vanilla LFR or completely modifying class balance is not what they are looking to do. This only works for them if it is minimal development time, if it is a success they might create a BC server, Wrath server etc in time but that is about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Never heard of Vannila

And no the game doesn't force raiding. There are still many guilds and players that don't raid.
    People who feel they are forced to raid are just easily impressionable people with little to no voice of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Delfones View Post
    I don't think current WoW needs saving.
    One thing is certain about Classic tho - it will bring back a lot of players that quit playing in the past.
    Looking at the toxicity on these boards from those players who claim to have buggered off to pirate servers in their Quest for the Holy Vanilla... I'm not sure it will be for the better.