Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Question Why the hate towards Genn Greymane?

I'm really curious why so many people hate Genn Greymane. I see people on the forums commenting " that dog needs to be put down" and other negative statements toward him. I understand that he was somewhat of a racist back in his day, but is there something about him that I'm not aware of that's attracting all the hate? Thanks.

Deleted
    well I mean he's kind of a dick.
    like the worlds ending and he's to busy dealing with a personal grudge over the death of his son and he's just kind of too blinded by that rage to really be a good character.
    like for legion we have kind of a tenuous truce and his story line is to ruin Sylvanas's day.

I can't answer to this question, I don't understand. But I think we can easily say that's because A big amount of people dislike almost everything in the game. It's crazy. So why not Greymane ?

(Of course, there is the Lore point of view. I hated Garrosh, but this is not a real hatred. This was purely .. "lorewise".)

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the new Genn. I like that he's involved in things now and we have a cool Worgen character. I think most Genn haters hate him because they're Sylvanas fans :P
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

He is the Garrosh of the Alliance.

Plus at the Legion intro the Horde force was being overrun (Vol'jin mortally wounded, GJesus crawling on the ground half dead, Baine pinned) and had to fall back which could be clearly visible form the airship but Genn started spouting "they betrayed us".

The Alliance has no need for violent, tunnel visioned, rabid pups.

Deleted
    Oh i also think a large part of it might be hearing "GREY MANES FORCES HOLD THIS WARDEN TOWER!" daily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalvir View Post
    I'm really curious why so many people hate Genn Greymane. I see people on the forums commenting " that dog needs to be put down" and other negative statements toward him. I understand that he was somewhat of a racist back in his day, but is there something about him that I'm not aware of that's attracting all the hate? Thanks.
    Are we talking about the in-game character, or the forum guy? :|

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Werewolves are lame as shit, they always have been.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekys12yearold brother View Post
    like the worlds ending and he's to busy dealing with a personal grudge over the death of his son and he's just kind of too blinded by that rage to really be a good character.
    Like when?

like for legion we have kind of a tenuous truce and his story line is to ruin Sylvanas's day.
    She's a horde and he's alliance. It's obvious that they're going to fight together.

He had an opinion and these virtue signaling SJW teenagers who haven’t read anything longer than a tweet to understand how story arcs and character development work are now busting their tampons. It was the same with Jaina. Only flower power friendship ponies are allowed to exist in this trigger warning society. Glad Blizzard isn’t listenining to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't speak for the others, but I fucking love Genn Greymane. He has flaws, yes, but that's not a bad thing, it makes him interesting.

Also, he is nothing like Garrosh.
    Last edited by Graden; 2017-11-11 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    I really like the new Genn. I like that he's involved in things now and we have a cool Worgen character. I think most Genn haters hate him because they're Sylvanas fans :P
    Yeah I enjoy his involvement as well. Glad I'm not the only one haha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masternewt View Post
    He had an opinion and these virtue signaling SJW teenagers who haven’t read anything longer than a tweet to understand how story arcs and character development work are now busting their tampons. It was the same with Jaina. Only flower power friendship ponies are allowed to exist in this trigger warning society. Glad Blizzard isn’t listenining to them.
    Lmao, they truly are busting their tampons. Well said, well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post

Plus at the Legion intro the Horde force was being overrun (Vol'jin mortally wounded, GJesus crawling on the ground half dead, Baine pinned) and had to fall back which could be clearly visible form the airship but Genn started spouting "they betrayed us".

The Alliance has no need for violent, tunnel visioned, rabid pups.
    By the time Genn and Varian got on the airship, the wounded Horde leaders have already been picked up and sent away. Also you assume that the Alliance airship was on the same side the ridge, but in-game we see what's left of the Legion colossus is on the left side of the Tomb entrance, and the ridge is on the right side.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post

I mean, the horde retreated before the gunship was even here so i dont know what you're going on about..
    Plus, Sylvanas is much closer to being Garrosh 2.0.

Genn litteraly wanted to kill sylvanas cause she killed his son and destroyed gilneas.
    On the other hand Sylv's raising dead people for her own benefit, burning holy places (teldrassil), and so so much more.

But i guess in the end, horde fanboys will be horde fanboys : completely delusional.
    Maybe next time you should just say "he wants to fuck my waifu up, pls kill him"

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's why he's a good character. A story gets very boring very quickly when everyone is Mr Perfect without flaws or anything noteworthy/interesting.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because too many Sylvanas fans are on this Site and since he is in direct conflict with her it makes him a "bad" character. Which is ironic when you look at how horrible of a character Sylvanas is.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like Wolverine. Yet Wolverine is a great character. Having a character have his own personal struggles and battles is what makes characters great. so they stand out from a crowd of do-gooders.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You mean his Storyline is to Stop Sylvanas enslaving the leader of the Valkyries and in turn not allow Helya to rise up and destroy Valhalla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weeeeeell, isn't Sylvanas ALSO dealing with personal problems? She has a mission, and he has a mission to stop her. So, they cancel each other out on that one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    Well, sorta Sylvie fan but Genn takes the table. He has been changed from a not caring royalty to a guy (well, wolf) who's realized he cannot ride the slack anymore and has to take up his charge. He's serving as a mentor for Anduin together with Velen, and he's on a vengeance in the name of his son.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    He's a jerk that abandoned his allies in their time of need to hide behind a wall and spends a ton of time warmongering for a fight no-one with an ounce of sense actually wants.

I mean seriously I just want some Forsaken to slap him and tell him to GTFO. The Forsaken are the rightful inhabitants of Lorderon, they were born there, they died there, and they rose there. The humans that hid behind a wall have zero right to it.

He's basically the guy that totaled his car and then tried to buy insurance after the fact.