Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Like when?

She's a horde and he's alliance. It's obvious that they're going to fight together.
    do you even play wow?
    stormheim and yeah alliance and horde gonna fight just not when the world is ending like what legion was in theory meant to be.
    it's like shooting a police officer in the foot while running away from a gang trying to break your legs.

does the concept of realistic characterisation mean nothing to you?
    Last edited by mmoca60dffc8a8; 2017-11-11 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tkioz View Post
    He's a jerk that abandoned his allies in their time of need to hide behind a wall and spends a ton of time warmongering for a fight no-one with an ounce of sense actually wants.

I mean seriously I just want some Forsaken to slap him and tell him to GTFO. The Forsaken are the rightful inhabitants of Lorderon, they were born there, they died there, and they rose there. The humans that hid behind a wall have zero right to it.
    Just because the Gilnean's were smart and isolated themselves away from the Plague doesn't mean they don't have the right to the peninsula of Gilneas.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's an opinionated moron, with a hard-on for Sylvanas.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Because he cucked sylvanas and the fanboys are raving that their lich bitch queen won't have infinite lives.

A character being a bad person and a character being badly written are two completely different things, however, most of the WoW fanbase doesn't seem to have caught up on that fact just yet, unfortunately.

I’ve mentioned this topic in another thread centred around Sylvanas=Garrodh 2.0. People seem to have a short memory or don’t read past lore. Genn removed his nation from the fight against the scourge, thus allowing it to ravage through northern Lordaeron unchecked till Silvermoon/Quel’Thelas. He shut the doors on fellow citizens of Lordaeron and even some of his people. They could literally hear the screams of those caught outside being slaughtered by the Scourge. THEN he ordered the release of the Worgens summoned by Arugal, not caring that not only would they hunt the undead but also the living. He essentially created the Worgen curse that afflicted Gilneas. So in short what I dislike is his hypocritical self righteousness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekys12yearold brother View Post
    well I mean he's kind of a dick.
    like the worlds ending and he's to busy dealing with a personal grudge over the death of his son and he's just kind of too blinded by that rage to really be a good character.
    like for legion we have kind of a tenuous truce and his story line is to ruin Sylvanas's day.
    You mean. he want to stop the Lich queen Vol 2, from forceing an army of Valkyr under her control to be able to resurrect everyone and everything to a endless army? yea he did it as a personal grude, but lets not forget WHAT she was trying to do. Just happend that his person grude kind of, may have saved the world from another Lich king.

OT: her fanboys are angry at him, cus he is mean to the undead with the prettiest Pixelses.

do you even play wow?
    stormheim and yeah alliance and horde gonna fight just not when the world is ending like what legion was in theory meant to be.
    it's like shooting a police officer in the foot while running away from a gang trying to break your legs.
    That analogy is not really good. He didn't want her to become stronger and invincible. What would happen after jailing Sargeras? Sylvanas would rolf-stomp Alliance and Worgen in Gilneas. This is so obvious that I don't know why someone still think that Genn only did that because of his son... he did it for the whole Azeroth and the Alliance.

does the concept of realistic characterisation mean nothing to you?
    This is realistic characterisation. A father who takes a revenge for his son and don't want other faction to become supreme.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Weeeeeell, isn't Sylvanas ALSO dealing with personal problems? She has a mission, and he has a mission to stop her. So, they cancel each other out on that one.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, sorta Sylvie fan but Genn takes the table. He has been changed from a not caring royalty to a guy (well, wolf) who's realized he cannot ride the slack anymore and has to take up his charge. He's serving as a mentor for Anduin together with Velen, and he's on a vengeance in the name of his son.
    my complains not so much the personal problems more of the timing.
    the way legion set it up is that rather than really helping with the whole legion issue he's kind of derailing the alliance and horde efforts to focus on a vendetta.

Because he wants to take revenge on Sylvanas/her Forsaken and get justice for his people, kingdom and son. This goes against the fanboy attitude so many express towards Sylvanas, which is why they can't take Genn and often find the most useless and incompetent of reasons to talk smack about his character. Liking one character in Warcraft seems to demand that they hate any and all opposition that character faces, even if it is rational and justified.

The same applies to Jaina. Afrasiabi talked about her during Blizzcon and that is how someone who is capable of evaluating a character from all angles talks about the character in question. You need to understand that opinions on the internet - and especially on forums like these - about these characters are usually based on subjectivity, not objectivity. Luckily for us, Blizzard don't take their ideas from there.

Don't try to get into a reasonable discussion with anyone that is a fan of an oversexualized elven character. It is pointless.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-11-11 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Werewolves are lame as shit, they always have been.
    /thread

thats val'sharah folks!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    - - - Updated - - -

That analogy is not really good. He didn't want her to become stronger and invincible. What would happen after jailing Sargeras? Sylvanas would rolf-stomp Alliance and Worgen in Gilneas. This is so obvious that I don't know why someone still think that Genn only did that because of his son... he did it for the whole Azeroth and the Alliance.

This is realistic characterisation. A father who takes a revenge for his son and don't want other faction to become supreme.
    he had no knowledge as to why they were there just that they wanted something.
    for all he know it could of been a pink rabbit. as for t he father son thing i'm pretty sure it real life a father would ignore revenge if it was necessary to avoid the end of the world. stop trying to preserve this false moral high ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I’m not sure.

Even as a die-hard horde player I don’t get the hate. I think people are salty that he went after Sylvanas rather than focusing on the Legion, but we didn’t really need him to defeat them because the Legion turned out to be pushovers so...

Because he's not a purple, oversexualized elf character, and he's against one purple, oversexualized elf character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    I can't speak for the others, but I fucking love Genn Greymane. He has flaws, yes, but that's not a bad thing, it makes him interesting.

Also, he is nothing like Garrosh.
    True, Garrosh never cowered behind a wall.

Indeed. I guess Blizzard bathed everyone in too many Jainas, Thralls and Khadgars from the beginning and people lost perception that realistic reactions to events also include not being a world-saving superhero that has no care for being wronged.

Greymane is/was a dick there is only one kingdom less trustworthy than Gilneas and that is Alterac and it is okay that he is, but many people don't like this kind of character, once they know his entire backstory.

He walled of his kingdom, giving away the land of some of his nobles, which caused a civil war in the process, denied Lordaeron help when they came begging to him. When a scourge army reached the wall he ordered arugal to unleash the worgen. He lost control over the situation and the worgen curse spread indiscriminately among the population. The capital had to be abandoned and his people were forced into a single small port town and then several years later the people whom he denied any help against the scourge came knocking on his door, which cost him the pitiful rest of his kingdom.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2017-11-11 at 11:03 AM.

as for t he father son thing i'm pretty sure it real life a father would ignore revenge if it was necessary to avoid the end of the world. stop trying to preserve this false moral high ground.
    This is why you're wrong. You said first that he had no knowledge about it, so why he would know if that thing could help avoid the end of the world? That's senseless.
    Also - even if he knew, then as I wrote above - there would be still end of the world for Alliance if Sylvanas could destroy them with her new powers. And I'm 100% sure that some fathers would rather choose ravenge over saving the world. Why? Because in the real life not everyone is a brave hero who is altruistic and without flaws. This is why the game is interesting.

The point of the strategy is that you don't want any of your opponets become stronger than yourself. Even if your ally is helping you with the other opponent, you know that it'll be your opponent in the future. That's logic.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    True, Garrosh never cowered behind a wall.
    He did in Orgrimmar, instead of going with his army to Stormwind/Undercity.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-11-11 at 11:08 AM.

Deleted
    Lore reason: He pretty much flipped off the Alliance of Lordaeron, because with the orcs defeated he didn't need their help anymore so he just built a wall, cuz u know, Gilneas is the greatest kingdom in Azeroth and all those immigrants from other kingdoms were taking their jobs.
    As a result for all his stupidity he got his son killed and had to abandon his kingdom.
    When he sits on his ass for pretty much all of Cata, MoP and WoD, the first thing he does in Legion is mount an unprovoked attack on the Forsaken navy. Now he's probably manipulating Anduin.

Actual reason: He's the only one sensible enough to do something about that Banshee bitch and that triggers her fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Actual reason: He's the only one sensible enough to do something about that Banshee bitch and that triggers her fanboys.
    Not quite correct, people always forget Rogers for some reason. They should do more with her.