Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't get this line of thinking where a character can only serve a certain arc, then they need to die. Sometimes character development is handled poorly, but even that's not a reason to kill the character off. Thrall can and has taken a back seat, if you want other characters to get the spotlight.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Unlike so many others, I want Thrall and Malfurion to live for as long as WoW goes on. The reason is that they can be written better and used a lot better than they already are and can always provide you with something in regards to the story.

Both of these characters had a falling out with the story and have resurfaced without taking the spotlight. The reason is Legion because Blizzard wants to push the narrative that we're the heroes and in such an expansion there is no place for the most powerful druid and the most powerful shaman; they simply had to be sidelined. Now that BfA is coming, I can see both contribute in tremendeous ways, as long as they are taken back to their roots and we see some aggressive attitude from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I don't get this line of thinking where a character can only serve a certain arc, then they need to die.
    Modern TV shows is why this is a trend now.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas burns Teldrassil using Thrall as fuel.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Thrall's problem in Cata was that he was very out of place and out of nowhere. Overexposure was never my problem with him. When you talked about Deathwing before Cata then the characters you expected to come and lead the fight against him would be someone like Malfurion, Khadgar or even Rhonin. They were the people who had connection with the history of the aspects. Thrall was somehow prophesied to be the one to kill DW out of the blue. The gathering at Hyjal which original purpose was to discuss important matters was turned into Thrall's wedding. That was a bit ridiculous.

I will always maintain that Thrall's character was tied to the horde and his character shined with the horde.
    Yeah, but I think it's good it wasn't Malfurion because he already saved the world couple of times.
    Since he too risks overexposure in world saving it's better to save him for where he fits the best.
    Malfurion would imo fit better with Burning Legion since that conflict is extremely personal for night elves but Blizz kinda screwed that now.
    He'll have his time to shine with Void guys I guess.

Thrall was most prominent shaman and it made sense for him to be substitute for Earthwarder role. Also Horde needed someone to get to Malfurion's powerlevel to even the things out.

Rhonin is just crap character and I am glad it wasn't him :P

WIth Khadgar I would be okay with.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-11-11 at 11:28 AM.

They missed the opportunity to kill him in Cataclysm. It would be just awkward to randomly kill him off now when he's barely doing anything noteworthy.

Imo Thrall was overused by blizzard in wow, then they underused Vol'jin as a warchief... and due to each faction lossing their leader troll race was left without leadership. So i say it should be Thrall instead of Vol'jin in broken shore, orcs have Saurfang and Thrall gave up on doomhammer and any kind of leadership.

But pointless death when it is unnecesary? Nay. I have crazy idea, just right now but this is spoiler so: as we all know thrall will have meeting with Vol'Jin's spirit(he have his urn) so my prediction is that Vol'Jin will became loa and make thrall a shadow hunter so new role to him

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Time to kill off thrall was few years ago. Now its best to just forget about him. Hopefully his apperance in BFA won't be too intrusive.

I just talked to Thrall and he said it's probably time to kill off the OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Time to kill off thrall was few years ago. Now its best to just forget about him. Hopefully his apperance in BFA won't be too intrusive.
    Don't worry, I am sure that we are going to raise his son in the next expansions like we did with Anduin!

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    I don't really see a reason for him to die. Mainly because i miss the time when our characters was just random adventures, and not high ranking officers in our factions. A lot of people complained about always having our kills stolen by heroes like tyrion, thrall etc, which in the end resulted in the lore heroes never actually doing anything heroic in the game anymore.

I just want him to do something about the bitchqueen that now leads his horde into ruin.

Just like i want malfurion, tyranda, maiev, jarod and shandris to start showing their true power. Night elves were so powerful during wc3, and how they have been able to loose so much over the cause of wow baffles me.

Anyways. If thrall does die, it should be a meaningfull death. Sacrificing himself to restore the horde, saving his children, or what not. Not just get stapped by random old god minion number 47.
    WoW desperately needs credible foes. Foes that score massive wins over their opponents. It really hasn't had those. One of the best ways to achieve this is for foes to score CLEAN kills over lore heroes. This has actually never happened in WoW. All of the lore heroes that have been killed were not clean kills. Either the foes had superior numbers, or the heroes were sacrificing themselves for a greater purpose. Maraad sacrificed himself so it wasn't a clean kill and thus didn't add credibility to the iron horde. Varian sacrificed himself and Gul'dan had superior numbers so it wasn't a clean kill and didn't make Gul'dan credible.

What you are suggesting, for Thrall to sacrifice himself has (a) been done several times before and (b) is a waste of a death because he's not building up the credibility of a major threat.

Its too late for a sacrifice death for Thrall. been done too much already. He needs to die in such a way to give credibility to an enemy. That means Thrall at full power, the enemy at full power, 1v1, no help either side, and Thrall loses, no self-sacrifice involved.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    If Thrall were to die in BfA I think it should be in the defense of Orgrimmar, the city he created and the home of the Orcish race on Azeroth. He should be found by the survivors of a failed siege in the Drag, likely in front of the orphanage - a terrified but uninjured Orcish orphan huddled behind his broken body. To me that kind of sums up the legacy of Thrall, and his death would be a symbolic attempt to save the thing that was most important to him: the future of the Orcish people.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Make room? What has Thrall been doing that he needs to die to make room for others? I'm not necessarily opposed to thrall dying if it's handled well but there's no arbitrary need to kill him off.

Deleted
    Ah the green jesus meme, so fresh. I've always liked thrall. "Just killing off" the guy who founded the horde and orgrimmar isn't even close to what they could do with his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    He's been in the Warcraft universe for far too long. All his major work is done.

We need to kill him and make room for new upcoming heroes. It's just a question of how we want to kill him?

Any suggestions?
    It is not as if WoW had a hero quota that limits the number of heroes. You are just a hyprocite! Why not Malfurion, Tyrande, Jaina? They are around just as long as Thrall. Just leave all of them alone!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    This. I don't see a reason to kill him NOW when he's a side character since MoP.

IMO it would be much more interesting from character development side to turn him into a depressed legend that "hit the bottom".

7+ Year Old Account
    No. It's not time to kill Thrall. It's time to take a break from killing Horde Leaders. Even if Thrall is no longer a Horde Leader. The perfect time to kill Thrall off passed when they killed Vol'jin instead. I'd be for this if Vol'jin wasn't killed off but otherwise now? No. Too much Horde blood has been spilled already.

Alliance Leaders killed:
    Varian

Horde Leaders killed:
    Vol'jin
    Cairne
    Garrosh

Thrall is perfectly fine the way he is. People like him. I like him. If you don't like him? Too bad. He's the one thing keeping Chris Metzen around and I love that guy. There's still things to do with Thrall as seen in Battle for Azeroth I cannot wait to see what they have planned.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    He's been in the Warcraft universe for far too long. All his major work is done.

We need to kill him and make room for new upcoming heroes. It's just a question of how we want to kill him?

Any suggestions?
    He's been around too long so he has to die, good argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post
    Can this community get the fuck over Cataclysm already?

The world's elements were triggered and enraged --> prominent shaman of all races gathered around and made a neutral god damn faction to deal with it, with the most powerful shaman of the bunch taking the reigns and getting some necessary shit done. Would it have made you feel any better if it was done by Neboedu instead?

People like you OP, are the reason the lore is ultimately focused around the PC right now, hence why its gotten so dull (compared anything you've done as a PC to battle for the undercity, or wrath gate in wotlk for example), know why? Because NPC's were written by people who actually know how to write a character with even half a semi interesting backstory. Our playable characters are NOT that, they represent you, and you and me, we're normal boring and dull modern world people, nothing about our lives is exciting enough for a fantasy mmo, its why we try to fucking escape reality to said worlds to get lost into and watch different stories unfold. Only for people such as yourself to ruin it by constantly crying off to devs to kill off any of the interesting/relevant characters in it.

Honestly: fuck, off.
    Post of the day, I salute you.

i dont see a point in killing thrall. he doesnt do anything anymore.

i would actually like to see a horde civil war where he comes back and challenges the banshee whore. so many dead orcs and zombies
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Why not just let him retire? you kill off every older character and you know what were left with? A bunch of whiny 20 somethings.........