Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalvir View Post
    I'm really curious why so many people hate Genn Greymane. I see people on the forums commenting " that dog needs to be put down" and other negative statements toward him. I understand that he was somewhat of a racist back in his day, but is there something about him that I'm not aware of that's attracting all the hate? Thanks.
    Horde players don't like him threatening their waifu Sylvanas's pixels.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by ChowChillaCharlie View Post
    The fact that this: "Don't try to get into a reasonable discussion with anyone that is a fan of an oversexualized elven character. It is pointless." is your mindset when coming into a discussion makes talking to you pointless.

They like a certain character that you don't like? Obviously their opinion, whatever it might be and how well thought out it is, is worthless.
    The problem isn't liking a character. The problem is when liking one character causes baseless dislike for another and then projecting it into a forum like this one.

If talking to me is pointless, then be my guest and don't talk to me. It is not like I've come here looking for your opinion about me or trying to get appreciation for mine from random people on the internet, but you should stop being ignorant about who plays which faction. People don't have to be Alliance players to reckognize the existence of irrational Sylvanas fans that are toxic towards whatever story element doesn't favour her.

I am not the only one to have noticed this and it has by now become reckognizable on a large scale. If you disagree with me, then so be it, but there is a better way to voice your disagreement instead of calling people retards.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-11-11 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    He is the Garrosh of the Alliance.

Plus at the Legion intro the Horde force was being overrun (Vol'jin mortally wounded, GJesus crawling on the ground half dead, Baine pinned) and had to fall back which could be clearly visible form the airship but Genn started spouting "they betrayed us".

The Alliance has no need for violent, tunnel visioned, rabid pups.
    The different intros were designed specifically to give Alliance players the perspective that it looked like the Horde was retreating and abandoning the Alliance. To the Alliance NPCs yeah it was supposed to give the impression that the Horde was betraying the Alliance.

P.S. I hope Jaina gets this much hate when she returns. However, more likely the majority of Genn hate is more about loving Sylvanas then it has to do with Genn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because a rather large portion of the internet want's to get into Sylvanas's decaying panties.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

I like him. He was a dick in the old days but he is finally a bad guy in the Alliance (from a Horde pov), something they very much needed. I'd like to see him becoming a manipulating bastard.

Also, as @Arrashi likes to put it, old men are our future.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekys12yearold brother View Post
    like for legion we have kind of a tenuous truce and his story line is to ruin Sylvanas's day.
    We're trying to win Odyn's favor. We need his help and his warriors to help repel the Legion, as well as access to one of the Pillars of Creation.

Sylvanas is literally trying to enslave Odyn's queen of the Valkyr who is a central pillar of the Valajar culture. If Genn didn't try and stop Sylvanas' plan, Odyn would have sent his forces after her and this in turn would have ended any kind of negotiations between the mortal races and the Valajar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    I like him. He was a dick in the old days but he is finally a bad guy in the Alliance (from a Horde pov), something they very much needed. I'd like to see him becoming a manipulating bastard.

Also, as @Arrashi likes to put it, old men are our future.
    Definitely

Quote Originally Posted by Kalvir View Post
    I'm really curious why so many people hate Genn Greymane. I see people on the forums commenting " that dog needs to be put down" and other negative statements toward him. I understand that he was somewhat of a racist back in his day, but is there something about him that I'm not aware of that's attracting all the hate? Thanks.
    Because we are living in a post-truth era.
    He dares to have a valid and serious grievance against the Horde and its leader. The Horde fanboys refuse to see they are backing a genocidal maniac again in Sylvanas. So it must be someone else's fault. So they blame Greymane. Very 2017.

Genn is probably the best Alliance character because he is more realistic than the others. He has personal struggles, he isn't a perfect person, he has reasons for his hatred for the Horde but he is a bit of a racist too. And he actually has character development. All of that makes him a good character, he feels like a real person with real flaws. Not like most other Alliance characters who all act like saints most of the time.

I like both factions by the way but at the moment I play mainly Horde. If someone cares about that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The problem isn't liking a character. The problem is when liking one character causes baseless dislike for another and then projecting it into a forum like this one.
    I 100% agree, but I really don't see that being a one way street on this forum. The Alliance players are as guilty of this as the Horde ones.

The fact that there's so many posts in the vein of:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Proves that. And at this point the people who piss on the players that likes Sylvanas seem to be on the same level of ridiculousness as they people the mock.

This is the prime example of when faction pride goes overboard.
    Last edited by mmoc0ecf3ec851; 2017-11-11 at 01:36 PM.

I would follow King Greymane to Helheim and back...of course i've already been there...anyways...

I like the character a lot, but they're building him to die. I just hope he doesn't get some stupid old god corruption or something like that. I'm ok with him dying because he gets over zealous and fucks up.

Dude is pissed at the banshee whore that killed his son, every single one of us with a soul would be hunting her down too.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    True, Garrosh never cowered behind a wall.
    What? The man hates Taxes, Can you blame him?

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    This is the correct answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You know, I see people refer to her as a whore a lot in these kinds of threads. How exactly is she a whore?
    i dunno because she's a girl with leadership qualities. hizzoe

oh and she had her bf kill his nephew and take his body. manipulative hizzoe

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    "Our electronic old men and their flexibility has allowed us to make progress in the mythical city on the hills".

That explains everything ! Now we know its thanks to genn that undercity fallen.

Deleted
    true but is the question for this thread not why people hate grey mane.
    lucking into stopping sylvanas doing evil stuff doesn't make him look any better.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I see people refer to her as a whore a lot in these kinds of threads. How exactly is she a whore?
    Well she fights for the whored.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

So, not actually a whore... guys just like to use the word when they feel emasculated by a female. Just trying to be insulting, yes?
    yes ffs what do you want from me?

and i dont feel emasculated by a video game elf girl.

maybe i was just getting into that rp feeling and calling her what my WORGEN rogue would call her?

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    True, Garrosh never cowered behind a wall.
    He did for most of his life behind the walls of Garadar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Put yourself in his position. You lost a son...your kingdom was overrun during a time when it was being affected by multiple things (cataclysm, Worgen Curse, Horde). This is a guy that should have retired ages ago. Most of his peers (kings) have died...they are long gone and passed. This dude does not have much support or anything left in his life.

Also consider his point of view during the broken shore. We the players know the Horde had to retreat due to being overwhelmed...but not him. He was not on the cliff, he was down in the pits and all he saw was the horde retreat...of course he's salty and pissed off. Does he have a temper? Yes. Is he racist. No. Is he trying to find a home in the alliance because he literally has nothing to go home to? Yes. Is he trying to commit genocide within his own faction ALA Garrosh? No.

Genn is complicated but more importantly, he's a human and has emotions. He's complicated.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Saludin/simple
    *Tusks of Mannoroth obtained 9.5.2014

I will bear this mantle of burden alone, to give hope to all that even the smallest of individuals can tackle giants.