Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Because he hates Sylvanas. And he have justified reasons to do so. Its makes Sylvanas fanboys mad...

Also he really good grey character compare to Sylvanas who also tagged to be grey character by Blizzard. It also drives Sylvanas fanboys mad - they jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalvir View Post
    I'm really curious why so many people hate Genn Greymane. I see people on the forums commenting " that dog needs to be put down" and other negative statements toward him. I understand that he was somewhat of a racist back in his day, but is there something about him that I'm not aware of that's attracting all the hate? Thanks.
    To be honest I don't hate him. I understand his rage and frustration. He did lose his city and his son because of Sylvanas and the forsaken. My only gripe is that even during a world ending threat he's still on that revenge kool-aid. This is probably what most people dislike about him. Some people just do because they are horde as well. I just wish that he would save his rage for later. Focus on mentoring Manduin along with Velen the best he can. Like; Varian accepted you into the alliance. He didn't have to; especially after what the gilneans did. He did it anyways to help his people. The least he could do is set an example for his son. Aside from that I think he's cool. One of my favorite characters to play in HotS <(^_^)>

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    She's a horde and he's alliance. It's obvious that they're going to fight together.
    Except we had a truce? Varian and Sylvanas worked together in that opening cutscene. In fact, she came over to save his ass when the demons invaded his ship. The Horde and alliance fight nextish each other during the Broken Shore scenario. The Horde gets fucked up by demons and literally begged by the Warchief not to let them all die, and the first thing Genn says is "I KNEW WE COULDN'T TRUST HER" as if she's deliberately leaving to kill them off. Then Genn goes around spouting off that it was Sylvanas who betrayed them and all this bullshit that you can clearly see is not the case if you have two eyes and a brain to piece together what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Horde players don't like him threatening their waifu Sylvanas's pixels.
    As a Sylvanas fanboy, I like Gen just fine. I’ll even go so far to say all horde and alliance should be kissing his feet in thanks for stoping her from enslaving the Valkyr. I’m pretty sure with them she would no longer have a need for the horde as they are. As newly risen members of the Forsaken tho....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    I really like the new Genn. I like that he's involved in things now and we have a cool Worgen character. I think most Genn haters hate him because they're Sylvanas fans :P
    This, the fan aspect causes so much denial that it actually creates a scenario that is very life like in how today works in pseudo politics. So much denial that they want someone else to be at fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    dont think he actually helped the alliance ever, he either hides behind a wall or runs after slyvanas nowadays, why is he even in such a high position?!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    As a Sylvanas fanboy, I like Gen just fine. I’ll even go so far to say all horde and alliance should be kissing his feet in thanks for stoping her from enslaving the Valkyr. I’m pretty sure with them she would no longer have a need for the horde as they are. As newly risen members of the Forsaken tho....
    Like, myself I am a fan of Slyvanas simply because of how much I hate her. I hate her because shes such a great villain, cunning, mastermind, deceptive and I hate her so much because she breaks the fourth wall and even deceives fans. Kinda like the Master from Doctor Who almost to a point. (not quite but on the same line). But being said, her tampering with the Valkyr is not smart, tampering with the Shadowlands is never smart. Shit stirs in there, more you poke it with stick more it... compels you.

Genn is too much like garrosh.

Garrosh is even dumber tho because he had 0 reason to flip out and become a hypocrite nazi.

Genn at least lost his family and his homeland to the undead so his source of anger is understandable.

But genn is the kind of leader that would lead the world to ruin just to drive a sword through sylvanas's tight UD ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    dont think he actually helped the alliance ever, he either hides behind a wall or runs after slyvanas nowadays, why is he even in such a high position?!
    He's been helping since Cataclysm.

Deleted
    most of the Genn haters are from the Horde side and a lot of them are die hard Sylvanas fanboys

He's in fact quite interesting character. More to the grey side in the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Just trying to better understand why that’s the go-to word for some men when referring to women they don’t particularly like. Doesn’t make much sense to me.
    do you keep up with south park?

last season was about kyle's dad being an internet troll. it pretty much explains everything, and it's a fun watch.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Deleted
    The same reason there are posters in this thread that claim that the reason they hate Genn is because that are Sylvanas fan boys: They are delusional and chose to take the faction conflict bait, and cannot comprehend characters beyond a binary Good vs Evil setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    guys just like to use the word when they feel emasculated by a female. Just trying to be insulting, yes?
    How can an imaginary character make someone feel emasculated lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kalvir View Post
    I'm really curious why so many people hate Genn Greymane. I see people on the forums commenting " that dog needs to be put down" and other negative statements toward him. I understand that he was somewhat of a racist back in his day, but is there something about him that I'm not aware of that's attracting all the hate? Thanks.
    He has done many mistakes even before wow but his story throughout WoW horrible. It could be the bad writing or it could be just his character, regardless, he is just a horrendous character.

Before WoW, his kingdom was a part of a larger alliance in the eastern kingdom and when the orcs were invaded and all the humans were sending their troops together to defend, he only sent a "token" support(meaning the minimum number of soldiers he was allowed to send without actually breaking the alliance) and he was the only one to do so.

He didn't come to the aid of the rest of the freaking PLANET, on endless occasions and decided to wall off his kingdom from the rest of the world in isolation.

Even before WoW:
    - He was an isolationist that believed his own kingdom could handle any threat and reluctantly joined the second war to defeat the orcs.
    - He refused to help kingdoms that were directly hit after the war like STORMWIND and didn't send any resources or help with the rebuilding effort
    - Refused to spend any resources on orc internment camps while the rest of the alliance was spending resources to build and keep them alive
    - He was easily manipulated by nefarian and actually helped him get the throne of freaking human kingdom (Alterac). He is directly responsible for NEf's activities in Classic wow and why he had access to stormwind and could manipulate the politics.
    - He built a massive wall to split his kingdom from the rest of the world to be away from the "rest of the worlds troubles" or some shit like that (trump much?)
    - He didn't send any help to lordaeron during the plague and the scourge although they were literally neighbors. Instead he asked his court mage Arugel to come up with a way to defend gilneas and their plan was to unleash the WORGEN to make a barrier between gilneas and the scourge. He eventually lost control of the morgen and they turned on his kingdom. During wotlk He is the reason LK even had worgen because he got it from silverpine forest and after Ressing Arugel due to his actions. He is the reason his people are cursed.
    - He did jack shit against the burning legion while even the orcs, humans and NE's came together to defend against archimonde.
    - He didnt help the defenseless people of lordaeron when Arthas came back to slaughter them all and establish his kingdom
    - he basically locked himself up and watched the world burn and only helped fuel the fires from time to time.

During WoW:
    - He was absent during the endless amount of threats we faced in classic, including a first encounter with an old god and his silithid army during which the whole planet united together to defend in silithus (look up "might of kalimdor")
    - No help in BC on anything either.
    - Fucked up things worse during Wotlk, on top of not sending any help to another possible world ending threat, his actions led to LK having worgens.
    - ONLY, started to get involved with the rest of the world because his wall broke down during Cata, and had to go get help from the freaking alliance he dissed during his entire life to defend against the forsaken.
    - One of the biggest reasons is this: His son stepped between a him and Sylvanas and took a hit for his father and sacrificed his life for his father. Even since he is running around screaming his lungs out that Sylvanas murdered his son!! He is making it sound like sylvanas intentionally killed his son, and refuse to acknowledge the sacrifice or honor his own son for what he did.

- Suddenly, in Legion he got pushed into a major leadership role in Legion?! - In an alliance he didnt even wanna be a part of to begin with, led by stormwind that he refused to send any resources to past the second war..
    - Caused the death of many soldiers and good ships/resources to go after sylvanas while he was ordered not to and while there was a freaking DEMON INVASION going on that threatened the entire planet. Again.

These are just some reasons while Genn is hated.. but honestly if his character development between Cata to legion was done better, and his die hard fans were more open to see his endless shortcomings (abbriviated list above), there would be less hate.

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    He did for most of his life behind the walls of Garadar.
    You mean the walls he sat behind because he was infected with a highly contagious disease that killed almost any orc who contracted it? Those walls?

That being said, it really comes down to just poor storytelling this expansion. You never really find out what's going on in Stormheim. It's obvious that Sylvanas has made some sort of arrangement with Helya to secure a future for her people, but it's also never really shown what else was in the deal. Perhaps Helya guaranteed the Aegis of Aggramar to their care after she took the Halls of Valor down; this is something that was never really explained. And then at some point, Genn just happens to conveniently appear and know exactly how to stop the plan that Helya and Sylvanas have cooked up in the name of revenge, despite possibly even dooming the world in the process as Eyir is allowed to return to the Halls of Valor afterwards (hence her lines in the dungeon about how we mortals have no honor) to account her near enslavement. This could have resulted in, quite literally, our world being destroyed. However, it was a great cutscene with very little information surrounding it.

That being said, I see a lot of people complaining that he's out for revenge against the Forsaken because of Gilneas. This attack was ordered by a previous Warchief, Garrosh, and of course she could have just said no. However, keep in mind that most of the Forsaken are from Lordaeron as well. The same Lordaeron that was denied assistance from Gilneas and is now all cursed to a life of undeath seems to be a pretty solid reason why they'd want to follow through with the attack. Gilneas as a nation ignored its ally in need, and after the ally in need is cursed with undeath they become enemies. It seems only natural to me that the Forsaken, especially those who despise what they have become but don't wish for death, would want revenge on Gilneas for their current situation. The burning desire for revenge of potentially thousands of Lordaeron citizens seems like a pretty decent reason for them to go through with the attack on Gilneas, torturing their citizens with the same plague that ravaged their own lands due to Gilneas' betrayal in their time of need. Oh, and let's not forget that Gilneas also ordered the release of the Worgen during all this, which didn't help the Lordaeron people any either.

The two nations have very good reasons on both sides to hate each other, but the side that acts like Genn is justified in his actions and Sylvanas and her Forsaken are not; they are too busy pointing out the oversexualized character that Sylvanas was for many years despite the fact that she now wear full armor and Genn was running around with no shirt for cutscenes during Legion. Sylvanas has slowly become less sexualized over the years with more conservative armor while Genn has become the poster child for manliness in the Alliance, causing fanboys to rally to his cause.

Overall the entire situation is a bunch of rabid fanboys on both sides, but the Genn side seems to think that the Forsaken are just rude invaders and not people trying to get revenge for the situation that Genn himself left them in while trying to preserve his own people, all before unleashing the Worgen into their lands as well and then condemning them yet again by ruining the chance for them to remain immortal in their undeath. I don't hate Genn by any means, and I think he's an interesting and has become a neat character for the Alliance but the hatred for anyone who likes Sylvanas as a character just because she was previously very sexualized makes having a conversation about the two characters almost unbearable.
    Last edited by Cronovey; 2017-11-11 at 01:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    because the alliance is a monarchy not a pseudo democracy like the horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    The two nations have very good reasons on both sides to hate each other, but the side that acts like Genn is justified in his actions and Sylvanas and her Forsaken are not; they are too busy pointing out the oversexualized character that Sylvanas was for many years despite the fact that she now wear full armor and Genn was running around with no shirt for cutscenes during Legion. Sylvanas has slowly become less sexualized over the years with more conservative armor while Genn has become the poster child for manliness in the Alliance, causing fanboys to rally to his cause.

Overall the entire situation is a bunch of rabid fanboys on both sides, but the Genn side seems to think that the Forsaken are just rude invaders and not people trying to get revenge for the situation that Genn himself left them in while trying to preserve his own people, all before unleashing the Worgen into their lands as well and then condemning them yet again by ruining the chance for them to remain immortal in their undeath. I don't hate Genn by any means, and I think he's an interesting and has become a neat character for the Alliance but the hatred for anyone who likes Sylvanas as a character just because she was previously very sexualized makes having a conversation about the two characters almost unbearable.
    What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    It's funny. People criticise him for not focusing on the Legion when Sylvanas was about to imprison Eyir and grab herself an infinite amount of val'kyrs.

Then the first thing Sylvanas does after Legion is done, is to start planning an attack on Stormwind.

Suddenly it seems handy that Genn stopped her.
    It might seem "handy" but it's just bad writing all around. Sylvanas and Varian working together to create this epic moment only for it to get ruined immediately by Genn when the Horde is forced to retreat. So now the Alliance has misinformation that paints the Horde as monsters who almost doomed their entire planet in order to betray the Alliance, when in reality they had to retreat and Vol'jin (the warchief) was the one who ordered it. Genn was the first person to start spouting this "Horde betrayed us" nonsense.

Sylvanas going after Eyir makes sense to me and Genn stopping her makes sense to me, but the reason why it happened was just bullshit. It wasn't like the Alliance knew she was going after Eyir. Genn took his time attacking the Horde navy for literally zero reason. Just because it ended up magically being worth it doesn't mean that it wasn't a dumb decision. He won the lottery basically.
    The sensible thing to do would be to have them not fucking fight each other until after the Alliance players gets wind of Sylvanas' actions with Helya and informs Genn. THEN they could fight about it.

And lastly: Why exactly does Sylvanas want to attack the Alliance anyway? Maybe this shit will be explained better in that book, but, from what we have so far, her reasons are very unclear. She wants Stormwind... because? The way Blizzard explained it was, "The world is saved, so naturally the tensions between the Horde and Alliance will rise," but, without a reason, that logic is not actual logic at all.

I just think this entire Horde v Alliance thing was very poorly written in the context of WoD and Legion. It seems like it was shoehorned into Legion (specifically ONLY Stormheim and the Broken Shore cinematic) to set up for BfA. Both sides see that it's bullshit, and both sides blame the other poorly written character for their problems while simultaneously defending their own.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2017-11-11 at 02:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    You mean the walls he sat behind because he was infected with a highly contagious disease that killed almost any orc who contracted it? Those walls?

That being said, I see a lot of people complaining that he's out for revenge against the Forsaken because of Gilneas. This attack was ordered by a previous Warchief, Garrosh, and of course she could have just said no. However, keep in mind that most of the Forsaken are from Lordaeron as well. The same Lordaeron that was denied assistance from Gilneas and is now all cursed to a life of undeath seems to be a pretty solid reason why they'd want to follow through with the attack. Gilneas as a nation ignored its ally in need, and after the ally in need is cursed with undeath they become enemies. It seems only natural to me that the Forsaken, especially those who despise what they have become but don't wish for death, would want revenge on Gilneas for their current situation. The burning desire for revenge of potentially thousands of Lordaeron citizens seems like a pretty decent reason for them to go through with the attack on Gilneas, torturing their citizens with the same plague that ravaged their own lands due to Gilneas' betrayal in their time of need. Oh, and let's not forget that Gilneas also ordered the release of the Worgen during all this, which didn't help the Lordaeron people any either.
    very well said, it's a shame they're likely going to tldr this in favour of assuming we lust after that tight zambi booty.

Quote Originally Posted by ChowChillaCharlie View Post
    I admit I've been away from this place for a while, so I haven't seen any of these "Sylvanas fanboys", and while they might be every bit as retarded as the people I quoted it doesn't really take away from the fact that the immaturity levels of these posts are off the fuckin chart.
    Oh please get off your high horse.. go read comments next time any cinematic featuring Sylvanas release and see how many of them are saying "sylvanas is babe " sylvanas is hot" etc etc... my point still stand , if sylvanas was an ugly orc she would be treated like Garrosh.