Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Any job a healing paladin could do a priest could do a lot better... you wouldn't bring one if you had a priest!
    Except a priest brings 1 buff, and paladin brought at least 4 blessings, judgement of wisdom/light, and auras. So you had way more then 1 paladin in a 40 man.

And then situational buffs , freedom/salvation/protection/sanctuary etc.

Divine Intervention wipe protection too.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-11-11 at 02:57 PM.

Yes i am purist and i am against this idea.

At least if u wanted to play multiple specs You've had an incentive to go out and play to farm shit for gold. Now u just click stuff in the city, and actually u can play whole game from one spot.

At least specs back then were viable in certain aspects of teh gameplay, they were unique. Now everyone have everything and the game is shallow, without a soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FLANOFETT View Post
    think of it like Vanilla with a little chocolate syrup on top
    It's not "sundae wow".
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Octayvius View Post
    I played vanilla when strat scholo and brd were ten man's, and ubrs was 15 man, i raided like that for a long time, is vanilla no longer vanilla if it makes those 5 man like it did later on forcing our guilds community to go through major issues? Or is it vanilla when it's 10 man? Which one is authentically more vanilla? This argument is so arbitrary and about muh feels it really blows away any comprehension on the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Loot a blood of the heroes then, there's pain and suffering, and straight exclusion, so you want to Larp or have an actual player base you can retain?
    This perpertual bullshit keeps being spouted. Vanilla is not one single patch. It is the evolution from patch 1.1.0 to patch 1.12.1. Stop assuming retarded things, to give you an excuse to claim vanilla can be anything you want.

Deleted
    Yes, we must have dual spec, and transmog, and dungeon finder, and raid finder, and cheap mounts, and heirlooms, and the ability to one-shot enemies, in fact let's just play on live servers, no?

Seriously, if you can't handle vanilla the way it was like, the way millions of people at the time could, then just don't play it.

Deleted
    If u do that, it's not vanilla, im sorry.

If u want that, u dont want vanilla, u want "make mi own vanilla", like the christians that pick and choose the bible, u are the same with this

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    So because one spec was viable in one aspect of the game that means the game has "soul"? Forgetting that they were complete dog shit when it came to anything else. it also baffles me that the point of vanilla wow seems to be not to actually play the game.

"Guys, I would love to heal that dungeon, but I am having way more fun not playing the game".
    It is entitled to think that "I have [x] talent tree, therefore [x] talent tree should be competitive and viable in all content!". You might not realise it, but this is part of the casual mentality that ruined WoW (imo). It is essentially the same as, "I don't want to invest 12 hours a week at raiding, but I want to see all the content" (birth of LFR). This is vanilla, don't like it? get them to release a server that's BC/Wrath/whatever which has the "balance" you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Roll the tank or healer, I'll roll dps class. Now you can come crying and begging with mountain of gold to ask me to grind something for you, since you wanted to ban yourself from being able to. Deal?
    Just ask gold for your services, "pug people" want your healing in bg, an UBRS run? Let them pay a fee.
    When I had T2 on my priest in vanilla, bg teams often paid me 50g per round.
    If you are a good healer, with the right gear, people will pay for it. Because 100% main healers were a rare treat in Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    the goal is to provide as much of an authentic experience as Vanilla was. So no, dual spec is a no go, same with LFD, same with quick gearing up.
    The only thing that shouldnt be Vanilla is the bugs that were there as well as exploits
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Deleted
    Tanks and Healers in vanilla go with a friend of the guild to farm and they do it easy, so, those who are saying that dual spec or u are fuck, it's not true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Except a priest brings 1 buff, and paladin brought at least 4 blessings, judgement of wisdom/light, and auras. So you had way more then 1 paladin in a 40 man.

And then situational buffs , freedom/salvation/protection/sanctuary etc.

Divine Intervention wipe protection too.
    That guy is clown shoes. He knows dick all about Vanilla raiding or Holy Paladin viability post-ZG. I doubt he ever played one and he probably never even raided seriously in Vanilla Alliance side. I distinctly remember threads on different forums from Priests complaining about us and our mana efficiency, massive utility, and healing output.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Retarded suggestions like this make this forum sound exactly like the WoW forums did back in the day. Please go away and play retail if you want things like this. Don't make major changes to vanilla gameplay.

Complains about casuals, played the causal MMO of 2004. God, I love these threads!
    You could've tried to initiate a debate based on facts, reasoning, evidence, etc (like I did by drawing a comparison to your statement, and the birth of LFR). but no, let's just talk about that WoW was considered casual due to EQ even though it has nothing to do with the conversation.

Please stay away from this debate, so the adults can talk. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Any job a healing paladin could do a priest could do a lot better... you wouldn't bring one if you had a priest!
    You can't look at Legion balance and apply it to Vanilla dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Complains about casuals, played the causal MMO of 2004. God, I love these threads!
    There is literally no point for this comment to exist.
    We're talking about being casual or hardcore in the context of WoW. Bringing in other games serves no point except to derail the argument (probably because you have no actual argument).
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

If Blizzard doesn't do classic right, they will have wasted time and money for nothing as people will return to blizz-like private servers. If anything Classic is a test, if it passes then maybe they can roll out classic expansions where eventually dual-spec will become a thing.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    That guy is clown shoes. He knows dick all about Vanilla raiding or Holy Paladin viability post-ZG. I doubt he ever played one and he probably never even raided seriously in Vanilla Alliance side. I distinctly remember threads on different forums from Priests complaining about us and our mana efficiency, massive utility, and healing output.
    Mana batteries looking pretty sxy in your cloth robes at all. Any decent guild had them.
    Our 40 man 3 top healers were: holy priest/resto druid/holy paladin. It was pretty well balanced actually reg. healing specs. You needed all 3 for different tasks.

To the poster you were referring to: You know nothing Jon Snow!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    Mana batteries looking pretty sxy in your cloth robes at all. Any decent guild had them.
    Our 40 man 3 top healers were: holy priest/resto druid/holy paladin. It was pretty well balanced actually reg. healing specs. You needed all 3 for different tasks.

To the poster you were referring to: You know nothing Jon Snow!
    It's this forum. Fucking Eyonix could come in here, make an account, and tell that guy Paladin Healers were fantastic in Vanilla and this shitbird would deny it still.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeydia View Post
    If you ask for vanilla you get vanilla. If something makes vanilla like it was its his poor quality life things such as not having dual spec.

At the end changing your spec was about 56g which was something expensive back in vanilla so the people embraced his spec until the end. if they introduce this change a lot of things would change. To better? it could be but it will not be vanilla, would be something like vanilla 2.0.

Edit: I feel like people who wants vanilla but changing things they don't really want to play vanilla, they want an mmo like wow on vanilla but with some changes and that would be a diferent game, not wow.
    That's your oppinion. I think they should take some of it's rough edges off to make it the best version of Vanilla. But it's a hard line to draw for sure. I think dual spec is fine, but I don't think changing anything about the classes and how they perform would be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacRR View Post
    Tanks and Healers in vanilla go with a friend of the guild to farm and they do it easy, so, those who are saying that dual spec or u are fuck, it's not true.
    yeah now that the community will likely not be as active and alive as back then, it will be harder for tanks and healers to level up.

15+ Year Old Account
    You must really have no idea how much the "I must be able to do everything myself" mentality has damaged the game.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?