Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The reason is that Blizzard would have to do more work to make the starting process make sense for other races.

Lore-wise it makes perfect sense that Demon Hunter trainers would exist now that would train any race that desires to become a Demon Hunter, but we would need a new starting experience for those other races. Death Knights are harder to explain because it still seems ambiguous as to whether new Death Knights can be created, except by Bolvar Fordragon in special circumstances.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Void Elf Demon Hunters.

A race infused with the very essence and power of the Void, also infused by the essence of a demon and wielding Fel magic.

Yeah, can't see anything going wrong there.
    pretty much this
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Let's make this easy for all this people that have a hard time to understand the weid chronology of WoW:

All DKs start at the prelude of WotLK (year 27). Worgen DKs are Arugal's, and goblin are Steamwheedle.
    All DH start at the prelude of Dark Temple (late year 26).
    Draenei and Blood Elves start at the prelude of the Burning Crusade (early year 26).
    Humans, Dwarves, Night Elves, Gnomes, Gilnean Worgen, Orcs, Forsaken, Tauren, Trolls and Bilgewater Goblin start at the aftermath of the Cataclysm (year 28)
    Pandaren start between the Cataclysm and the prelude of MoP (years 28-30)

Now, the new allied races are implied to start the moment we unlock them, so that is after Antorus raid: year 32+.

So no, the new races can't be DKs because they were isolated at the year 27 (5 years ago). Maybe Dark Iron and Zandalari could be. I can also see Pandaren (lore-wise it's possible).
    They can't be DH either for the same reasons.
    The rests I asume they're recently trained people, so they could be any of the non-hero clases (but I understand the restrictions bases on race identity).

They also start at lvl20 to avoid a problem: Where do this new race starts?
    They can't re-use current lvl1-20 experiences from other races because they're chronologicaly located at Cata, and the new races must start now, almost 6 years later. So they'll need to do new lvl1-20 experiences for each of the new 6 races. That's a lot of work. Solution: start at lvl20.
    But, wait, if they start at lvl20 they can't be like any other normal race/class that starts at 1. Solution: make them unlockable throught questing. You need to level another character first to unlock them.

Here is the thing, while they are indeed a bad choice lore wise, since some things couldn't have happened to the allied races and the starting experience wouldn't make sense, I'd like to daw everyone's attention to the fact that they are unlocked in a post legion plot line and have to go through a post cata level 20 leveling experience, go back in time to stick it to Illidan in TBC or have at least to put up with Arthas again, then MoP, WoD, POTENTIALLY DISCOVER THEMSELVES in legion and only arrive back at the point where their existence makes sene after they've gone through all that nonsense, by which point they could have learned pretty much everything besides being DK. They could have learned to be druids, warlocks, demon hunters and everything else besides DK, and that only if you demand DKs have to be made by Arthas (when we can raise them in Legion without much problems as shown with the four horsemen).

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    And where were pandaren to teach nightborne monk arts? Or why void elves are monks, whose class fantasy is about inner balance? And why void elves cant be DK's, when current void elf is blood elf, who delves into the void magic? Why warrior or mage delves into void magic and not death knight? This shit doesnt make any sense wahhhahwwqdfjbvnvu.
    i dont think you understand how recruitment works, when we recruit the new allied races to join the horde/alliance, they start to train with the other recruits, some start learning the arcane, some the way of the monks, some the way of the fel, you mean to tell me that every nightborne rebel that we helped in suramar was an grand master of the arcane, yet he used a fucking stick to hit demons

10+ Year Old Account
    Void elves and Nightborne were isolated during the events of TBC, where the first half of the Demon Hunter questline takes place. It would require a retcon on the level of the BC draenei retcon to include void elves and Nightborne in the TBC-era Illidari, or resources spent coming up with a unique starting questline for Nightborne and void elf Demon Hunters. Same reason they can't be Death Knights (whereas you can justify monks fairly easy with the same justification worgen druids have: savants who practice a basic form of the class's core teachings that are later expanded on by pandaren monk trainers).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Toxsins View Post
    The reason is that Blizzard would have to do more work to make the starting process make sense for other races.

Lore-wise it makes perfect sense that Demon Hunter trainers would exist now that would train any race that desires to become a Demon Hunter, but we would need a new starting experience for those other races. Death Knights are harder to explain because it still seems ambiguous as to whether new Death Knights can be created, except by Bolvar Fordragon in special circumstances.
    I was under the impression I raised my four horsemen, not Bolvar. He is clearly stingy with his power if he can send it through my weapon..

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You can always explain how New elves become demon hunters. He could of left a tomb behind with his students to teach them, could of taught a named character how to make more demon hunters. Nothing is impossible. There were no monk nightborne in legion but suddenly there are.

There are no definite no’s. Night elves were not suppose to have mages either. I mean hell, illidan not being around at the time of void elves and nightborne means nothing in a game where we frequently travel through time. Illidan was around when nightborne were revealed and he isn’t exactly requiring that his demon hunters belong to a faction first. Maybe he did some experimenting? Maybe someone else figured out how to duplicate what illidan did.
    ye but the thing is, the legion is no more, there is no more fel infused warriors that are specially traned ti kill demons

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Void elves and Nightborne were isolated during the events of TBC, where the first half of the Demon Hunter questline takes place. It would require a retcon on the level of the BC draenei retcon to include void elves and Nightborne in the TBC-era Illidari, or resources spent coming up with a unique starting questline for Nightborne and void elf Demon Hunters. Same reason they can't be Death Knights (whereas you can justify monks fairly easy with the same justification worgen druids have: savants who practice a basic form of the class's core teachings that are later expanded on by pandaren monk trainers).
    They could just give you the boosted class experience tbh. The spells and skills are already divided up enough and the same reasons you mentioned above hold true for every class ingame.The rites to burn out your eyes and capture a demon in yourself are not exactly lost to the world, just because Illidan is away again. Also again, allied races starting in a post legion time-line and having to go through a post cata one makes no sense, no matter how you look at it :/.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Void Elves as Holy Priests

This one is more fucked up.
    i agree, they should have let them be priests, makes less sense than undead priests

Everyone has already stated why you don't have that "sub-race" class combo. Lore-wise it is what it is. Maybe in the future you will get that when they cave. Like; the far off future. Until then; enjoy your current class combos. <(^_^)>

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    i dont think you understand how recruitment works, when we recruit the new allied races to join the horde/alliance, they start to train with the other recruits, some start learning the arcane, some the way of the monks, some the way of the fel, you mean to tell me that every nightborne rebel that we helped in suramar was an grand master of the arcane, yet he used a fucking stick to hit demons
    So void elves are former blood elven citizens, who knew nothing, just living in silvermoon and then they started practicing void magic until they got crazy and were casted out? And after that, these void elves, who were trained by Alleria to control the void inside them, started to learn being other class? Like now i will be Fire mage, wielding void.

And where were pandaren to teach nightborne monk arts?
    Literally everywhere. Monks are trained by pandaren travelers, anyone can become a monk. The Demon Hunter and Death Knight experience both explicitly take place before void elves and nightborne traveled around Azeroth. Dark Irons will have Death Knights as an option, because they very much did encounter the scourge at the appropriate time.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Here is the thing, while they are indeed a bad choice lore wise, since some things couldn't have happened to the allied races and the starting experience wouldn't make sense, I'd like to daw everyone's attention to the fact that they are unlocked in a post legion plot line and have to go through a post cata level 20 leveling experience, go back in time to stick it to Illidan in TBC or have at least to put up with Arthas again, then MoP, WoD, POTENTIALLY DISCOVER THEMSELVES in legion and only arrive back at the point where their existence makes sene after they've gone through all that nonsense, by which point they could have learned pretty much everything besides being DK. They could have learned to be druids, warlocks, demon hunters and everything else besides DK, and that only if you demand DKs have to be made by Arthas (when we can raise them in Legion without much problems as shown with the four horsemen).
    Well, the problem is that the game leveling is a mess chrnonologically because they've not updated some zones since... a lot of time (some, like TBC and WotLK ones, never have been).
    So that creates absurd things like a blood elf non-hero class start at year 26 (TBC), lvl up to 20, go to next leveling zone that it's 2 years in the future (Cata, year 28), lvl up to 60, go back in time 2 years (year 26 again) to Outland, then go to Northren (that is like it was at year 27), then go back to the normal time-line back to year 28 (Cata).

Quote Originally Posted by Toxsins View Post

Except that lore-wise it doesn't make sense for them to train any demon hunters at all anymore. They're done. They did what they were created to do.

Why would they ever want anyone to suffer like they did ever again?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Void Elves as Holy Priests

This one is more fucked up.
    bout the same as undead priests actually. Both are in immense physical pain when utilizing light based magic.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Deleted
    And where were pandaren to teach nightborne monk arts? Or why void elves are monks, whose class fantasy is about inner balance? And why void elves cant be DK's, when current void elf is blood elf, who delves into the void magic? Why warrior or mage delves into void magic and not death knight? This shit doesnt make any sense wahhhahwwqdfjbvnvu.
    Pandaren probably were there right after Suramar was reclaimed, void elves are former blood elves who already could be monks, and Death knights are more of a brotherhood and thus not a part of some void-delving circle jerk of blood elves. Also Alleria was a hunter delving into the void so it's an overall boost in power level and insanity, same with Lightforged or Nightborne Warriors being arcane boosted (see Advisor Melandrus)

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    i agree, they should have let them be priests, makes less sense than undead priests
    Lore-wise, they're shadow priests, but game-play they can't restrict specs, so...
    (Forsaken priests were originally designed as only shadow priests too, but again, gameplay first)

I can get they didn't wanted to put a new race as DH but come on blizz! when do will have goblin/gnome DH? they are closer than any other race to DH lore ffs!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodyveteran View Post
    void elves are former blood elves who already could be monks
    Oh yes, but it is not answer for my question.