Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    they amount of people shocked at not getting somthing they preordered online the day it was released blew me away. I thought it was common sense and knowledge that preordering somthing online regardless of the venders guarantee of it arriving on time doesnt mean it will. When you add a middle man [ transport or mail services ] there will always be an added extra amount of time to wait. Yet i saw people wanting to sue the different venders or companies and i just laughed.
    Amazon UK for some reason is the one who is always in the news about it!

Yet i saw people wanting to sue the different venders or companies and i just laughed.
    People wouldn't feel this way if it wasn't for the fact the Vendors/Company's didn't fulfill there end of a sell. If a customer pay's for release day deliverly the company should have to meet the requirement or refund full shipping cost. If there was no shipping cost due to having something like amazon prime then the company should have to give some kind of credit.

But I agree somewhat, Even more so when it comes to Amazon. How many times dose Amazon have to fuck up pre-orders before people stop pre-ordering from them.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    People wouldn't feel this way if it wasn't for the fact the Vendors/Company's didn't fulfill there end of a sell. If a customer pay's for release day deliverly the company should have to meet the requirement or refund full shipping cost. If there was no shipping cost due to having something like amazon prime then the company should have to give some kind of credit.

But I agree somewhat, Even more so when it comes to Amazon. How many times dose Amazon have to fuck up pre-orders before people stop pre-ordering from them.
    preordering is fine, its just when you preorder online you have to realize your dealing with a middleman who doesnt give a fuck what the vender or the customer want, they just have to move the package from point A to point B. They dont give a fuck how raving mad little johnny is that his new thing didnt arrive the day it was available in stores.

Mine showed up yesterday. I ordered it from the Microsoft Store in mid September.

I haven't played a current generation console, and had hardly touched my 360 in the last 8 years.

Picked up a couple cheap games at the local shopko (department store) MK10 and Shadows of Mordor. Then I made the mistake of trying to play them after getting drunk. I was basically at the button mashing phase and didn't have much fun. I'll try again tonight after work. I worry that I'm just too invested in WoW to get much joy out of a console, other than retro sessions on my childhood NES.

I really hope I enjoy Battlefront 2 and Red Dead Redemption 2 when they are released. Worst case, I don't, and my One X becomes an expensive media center. At least it's an upgrade over the old assed pc I was using for a media center.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

preordering is fine, its just when you preorder online you have to realize your dealing with a middleman who doesnt give a fuck what the vender or the customer want, they just have to move the package from point A to point B. They dont give a fuck how raving mad little johnny is that his new thing didnt arrive the day it was available in stores.
    Oh I don't disagree at all, Its the main reason I don't pre-order online when I do pre-order something.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    I bought the Xbox One at launch, played it for all of 2 weeks before I boxed it up and haven't unboxed it since. So no, I probably won't pick up the Xbox One X lol. There's just not enough good exclusives.
    And you felt the need to post this why?

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't ordered physical games with release date shipping in years, but back in my console gaming heyday, I ordered dozens. Never got any late. They would ship it Monday and it would get to my university Tuesday morning.

Are the fuckups a recent phenomenon? As I am not even exaggerating when I say that I never got any late.

Um... Yes they do.

They are a business selling a product (shipping) and have a plethora of competitors.

If someone pays a premium for faster shipping and the shipping isn't faster, what incentive do they (or a huge outlet like Amazon) have to retain their services, especially their supposedly faster premium services? About the same incentive you would have returning to any other business that gave you shitty service, not much.

Businesses don't stay in business very long (when there is actual competition) by being shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I haven't ordered physical games with release date shipping in years, but back in my console gaming heyday, I ordered dozens. Never got any late. They would ship it Monday and it would get to my university Tuesday morning.

Are the fuckups a recent phenomenon? As I am not even exaggerating when I say that I never got any late.
    Ya in the past couple years amazon has been piss poor with pre-ordering games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    And you felt the need to post this why?
    To shit on Xbox I guess, That is the only reason I could see them posting that.

Could have just said (No exclusives so not interested), The life story isn't really needed IMO.

I saw some videos of side-by-side comparisons of the one s and this new one and honestly, i can barely tell any difference. It goes the same with the ps4 to ps4 pro. I have a ps4 pro but that because gamestop had a great trade-in deal for the OG ps4 and games, so I ended up trading up for about 40 bucks. I have a 4K tv and while the games look gorgeous on it, they look just a smidge below gorgeous on my 1080p tv as well.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post

Look up Amazon Logistics and have some fun. Amazon removed their discussion board but there used to be multiple few thousand page threads spanning the last two / three years about this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    I saw some videos of side-by-side comparisons of the one s and this new one and honestly, i can barely tell any difference. It goes the same with the ps4 to ps4 pro. I have a ps4 pro but that because gamestop had a great trade-in deal for the OG ps4 and games, so I ended up trading up for about 40 bucks. I have a 4K tv and while the games look gorgeous on it, they look just a smidge below gorgeous on my 1080p tv as well.
    your not going to be able to notice much of a difference unless your watching it in 4k. I played halo 5 again tonight and it was fucking amazing looking in 4k.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Look up Amazon Logistics and have some fun. Amazon removed their discussion board but there used to be multiple few thousand page threads spanning the last two / three years about this crap.
    Oh so i missed out on a place to bitch when my nintendo switch got replaced with a godamn bag of coal then.

Bleh, the tech geek in me wants to buy the xbox one x...because i liek to have the latest and greatest tech....but its hard to choose between this and a switch...both would barely be used...but I feel th eneed to own both....My friend just got his though and I went over and watched spiderman in 4k....that is about the main reason I want one right now i think.

I know this is about xbox one x but i was wondering which is better ps4 pro or xbox one x. I am thinking of getting one or the other and im just curious as to what is better?
    mr pickles

Quote Originally Posted by gyrados View Post
    I know this is about xbox one x but i was wondering which is better ps4 pro or xbox one x. I am thinking of getting one or the other and im just curious as to what is better?
    Well that's entirely subjective....From a hardware standpoint the xbox one x is better. From a software standpoint, depending on what you're looking for in games....will decide which one you want. Playstation has great games...Xbox has great games too. Some people will argue day and night about who has better titles...but really...it comes down to what you're specifically looking for....

Stupid me...I traded in my regular PS4/xbox one for an xbox one x today...Person at gamestop was like why are you trading in the PS4 as well for an xbox one x...I Was like...cause I have a PS4 pro at home

but both of em allow 4k gaming right?
    mr pickles

but both of em allow 4k gaming right?
    Both as in Pro and X? Yes both allow 4k gaming. There will be more games running Native 4K on the X then the Pro due to the hardware difference. There is a $100 price difference as well.

So what it comes down to is the extra $100 worth it to you. The X has more games at 4K Native but the Pro has more Exclusives and many games looking eally good to the point you can't really tell the difference in the checkerboard system or 4K. Horizon Zero Dawn being one of those games.

Weight the pro and con and see what fits you better.

The Tech nerd in me wants a X just for the hell of it but not right now and the price its at.

If you are talking about the Xbox One S no it doesn't do 4K gaming.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-11-11 at 05:05 PM.

I have a ps4 atm and wondering if i get ps4 pro will games i have be in 4k? or is it only a select few games atm?
    mr pickles

I have a ps4 atm and wondering if i get ps4 pro will games i have be in 4k? or is it only a select few games atm?
    Only a few games on PS4 hit native 4k. The rest are between 1440p (on avg) to 1880p or slightly higher. But with the checkerboard system they use a lot of those games u can't really tell they are not native 4k unless you run them side by side.

If you are wanting to run 3rd party games at Native 4K then get a Xbox One X. If you are wanting to get as high quality as you can from 3rd party's while enjoying a mass amount of exclusive titles get a Pro.

Really all you can do is look at the library you got and see what you want out of a console. I personally got a Pro and enjoy all the benefits it gives. Some games run better, some run higher graphics and so on.

If you are wanting a true 4K console (As in 4K most games and most of the time) but not worried about the lack of Exclusive titles get a XBOX. At its price point the XBOX can't be beat, But IMO its still too high just to play games in 4K.

Going from 1080p to 4K isn't as big of a difference as going from SD to HD. Games will look better but is the cost worth it to you. I use a Pro at 1080p and enjoy it. The XBOX will also have 1080P benefits.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-11-11 at 05:37 PM.

Only a few games on PS4 hit native 4k. The rest are between 1440p (on avg) to 1880p or slightly higher. But with the checkerboard system they use a lot of those games u can't really tell they are not native 4k unless you run them side by side.

If you are wanting to run 3rd party games at Native 4K then get a Xbox One X. If you are wanting to get as high quality as you can from 3rd party's while enjoying a mass amount of exclusive titles get a Pro.

Really all you can do is look at the library you got and see what you want out of a console. I personally got a Pro and enjoy all the benefits it gives. Some games run better, some run higher graphics and so on.

If you are wanting a true 4K console (As in 4K most games and most of the time) but not worried about the lack of Exclusive titles get a XBOX. At its price point the XBOX can't be beat, But IMO its still too high just to play games in 4K.

Going from 1080p to 4K isn't as big of a difference as going from SD to HD. Games will look better but is the cost worth it to you. I use a Pro at 1080p and enjoy it. The XBOX will also have 1080P benefits.
    The one thing I will argue about xbox one x vs ps4 pro(i have both now, because im a tech nerd too...)....it's just not for gaming...It's got a 4k Bluray player too which the pro unfortunately doesn't have.