Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    People want vanilla servers but they are happy for this change .

I want to kill people meanwhile they are questing or just afk like an obese autistic child, this make me sad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiffert View Post
    But how is that going to help?
    Those people want to PvP and are ready to defend themselves. If I wanted that, I would have joined a BG.

I want to grieve unsuspecting low level undergeared beginners!

/s
    I was about to write something..... can you mark sarcasm a little more obvious please. :-P

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixius View Post
    I personally think this server change is going to finish off WoW in its current form for a lot of PVP players who will end their subs in disgust. But we will see.
    PVPs been dead for a long time.
    This will just give people the chance to play without getting ganked by bored max level people on incredibly unbalanced servers.
    Instead of it being 85/15 alli or 80/20 horde, PVP enabled players get sharded within the battlegroup to try to balance it a bit because if you think real PVP is killing people 2v1, 3v1, or more, then you obviously don't know what real PVP is.

If people are really concerned, start a battlegroup community PVP-enabled board and get people to join in the "always on" crowd, then you guys can go fuck each other up in your fancy little PVP shards, enjoying corpse runs (and campers) while everyone else just plays the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeydia View Post
    Did it ever came to your mind that those could be two different groups of people? ;-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeydia View Post

I want to kill people meanwhile they are questing or just afk like an obese autistic child, this make me sad.
    While I don't think ganking is the height of sportsmanship (although I'd lie if said I've never ganked anyone), comparing yourself to an "obese autistic child" is a bit much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I remember reading that they are giving some form of incentives to stay PvP flagged. What that means is anyone's guess. XP, rep or even loot, perhaps?

If that is true, then the merging of PvP and PvE makes sense.
    They also said they want to tweak those incentives in a way that PvP people get a little compensation for probably needing more time to get the same things done compared to PvE players, but not so good that PvE feel pushed to need to activate PvP.
    So if you hoped for masses of PvE player in a PvP environment, that probably won't happen. So you will probably be dealing more with PvP player that actually want to fight and are ready to do so. So yes.... makes perfectly sense this change.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    sounds like more crz, sharding garbage which has ruin this game.

- - - Updated - - -

No now that i read more, it is another step in the wrong direction. More faceless encounters.

- - - Updated - - -

yes now that i read more. More faceless wow. It gets worst and worst every xpac.
    Sounds like you should just pvp instead of trying to do wpvp. If you have a server with 20k+ people on it, chances of you seeing the same person over and over is rather slim (unless that time frame is about every 35 seconds or so). Now if you're on some empty server to begin with, yeah you're more likely to see the same person a few times over. If you want to see the same face over and over, go pvp.

If the theme of this expansion is that the Alliance is pushing the horde out of the Eastern Kingdoms and the Horde is pushing the Alliance out of Kalimdor, then that implies that opposing factions are being slaughtered, harrassed, attacked on both sides. In real terms this means that low level players or lore wise average everyday folks are getting the short end of the stick. So if that is the theme of the expansion folks should not expect to be able to just quest as normal while they level in theory. And if both factions are going to have their own continents going forward after the purges it means that at max level the opportunity for any actual PVP on either side would be limited to actual invasions of one faction into another factions territory. Old word contested zones would no longer exist and "neutral" faction territory would be flagged as sanctuaries. That by itself kills WPVP as we knew it going back to the beginning. Most likely folks who are leveling will not turn on the PVP flag and those that do will still be ganked because level scaling destroys the idea of "balance" as you level. So it won't FIX that problem only make ganking more likely with less sympathy since you had the flag on.

The worst part of this is that things will be more disjointed with the way CRZ and phasing will likely be set up across all the servers making any idea of having interaction in an organized organic way for PVP all but useless. So if 60 folks group up and want to raid the other factions shores, things will likely be very messy. The only folks who will be "defending" that zone will be folks on the same shard. Global defense will be useless and the actual engagement likely lackluster at best.
    Last edited by InfiniteCharger; 2017-11-10 at 02:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Serious question based on the common complaint of not being able to kill people who are questing and minding their own business (the question isn't aimed at those people)

To anybody who would plan on keeping pvp toggled on permanently, would you level an alt with pvp toggled or would you wait until you hit max level? To anybody who would wait until max level, would incentives such as bonus exp gains or increased loot (perhaps a reward bag similar to dungeons for completing x amount of quests whilst pvp flagged) encourage you to level with pvp toggled?

Deleted
    It's different this time. Classic is on the way. If PVP players are unhappy they can unsub and wait for Classic. BFA will suffer because of that before it is even launched. They could quit now and just wait, resulting in massive sub losses for Blizz as a protest vote. WoW's biggest competitor is on the way... and it is WoW (Classic).

Deleted
    Pvp in WoW has been dead for years.
    No pvp players left, not even on pvp servers.

Waiting for classic wow, might give that a try, hopefully it wont require you to buy this new worthless expansion to play as Nostralius was really fun with the total chaos and overfilled zones with more skeletons then grass on the ground.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    Serious question based on the common complaint of not being able to kill people who are questing and minding their own business (the question isn't aimed at those people)

To anybody who would plan on keeping pvp toggled on permanently, would you level an alt with pvp toggled or would you wait until you hit max level? To anybody who would wait until max level, would incentives such as bonus exp gains or increased loot (perhaps a reward bag similar to dungeons for completing x amount of quests whilst pvp flagged) encourage you to level with pvp toggled?
    I'd toggle PvP because it'd allow me to kill other lowbies, and because apart in Hellfire peninsula there aren't much players ganking lowbies, at least on the servers I play on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Oh you mean attacking lower ilevel people and afk people? Super fun. This argument is such bullshit.

Most of the time world PVP involves one predator who wants to PVP and another person who is basically prey just minding their own business.

With this new system it puts predators against predators. You can still sneak up on people... it will jsut be someone whos opted in.

The people who are mad about this system are the people who just ganked lowbies and now they can't kill anyone.
    I'm pretty mad and I didn't gank lowbies, I mostly ganked max level players doing their dailies. Preying on people is what I liked in World PvP.

Also, did Blizzard explicitly say there would be cross realm sharding ?
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2017-11-11 at 04:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Blizzard saves world PvP by turning it into an opt-in experience where everyone involved is ready and willing to throw down at any time, with ideas being bandied about like bounties and PvP quest lines you have to opt into PvP for, with sharding used to address gross faction imbalances on most PvP servers so that the PvP shards are actually risky endeavors rather than just a tidal wave of one faction playing as safely as if they were on a PvE server...

And somehow that ruins the PvP experience, by making more PvP and getting rid of the QQ from players who can't hack it on a PvP server getting ganked?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    So Blizzard saves world PvP by turning it into an opt-in experience where everyone involved is ready and willing to throw down at any time, with ideas being bandied about like bounties and PvP quest lines you have to opt into PvP for, with sharding used to address gross faction imbalances on most PvP servers so that the PvP shards are actually risky endeavors rather than just a tidal wave of one faction playing as safely as if they were on a PvE server...

And somehow that ruins the PvP experience, by making more PvP and getting rid of the QQ from players who can't hack it on a PvP server getting ganked?
    The QQ from PvE players was the fun part, and I don't remember Blizzard saying there would be cross realm sharding.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2017-11-11 at 05:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    The QQ from PvE players was the fun part,
    I thought the PvP part was the fun part, and the reason people kept clamoring for world PvP to get some love from the developers, and the thing they keep bringing up when people get snarky about world PvP just being a bunch of bored sadsacks who can't hack it in rated PvP slumming to feel better about themselves, but shows what I know.*

and I don't remember Blizzard saying there would be cross realm sharding.
    As much as they discussed balancing out unbalanced PvP servers being one of the driving causes behind this change (alongside PvE players getting irritated at group finder pugs putting them in PvP servers, and vice-versa), it's implied with all the subtlety of a commuter train.

*Yes, I'm aware that the bored sadsacks who can't hack it in a fair fight aren't the main PvP crowd.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    You do know that WoW is a PVE-CENTERED game, always have been always will be right? And if you look close, the horde-alliance conflict has always been a side conflict in a world where the whole world is threatened by bigger threats than both opposing factions. If it would be more for PvP, there would be no need for raids, dungeons, bosses and all that jazz. World of Warcraft is a PvE game, and PvE is where most of the effort is put in..... since vanilla WoW.
    And just for the record: most people play that game do so for the raids, dungeons, quests, and the world plus its lore. Not because of PvP. And before you say "buhuhu PvE scrub" i am a PvP player, i just understand which group playing this game is bigger.
    Raiding etc also exists on pvp servers. There just no reason for the pve servers pvp mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who like to pvp will be able to more than ever. If you don't like the changes you don't like Wpvp, simple as that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I thought the PvP part was the fun part, and the reason people kept clamoring for world PvP to get some love from the developers, and the thing they keep bringing up when people get snarky about world PvP just being a bunch of bored sadsacks who can't hack it in rated PvP slumming to feel better about themselves, but shows what I know.*

As much as they discussed balancing out unbalanced PvP servers being one of the driving causes behind this change (alongside PvE players getting irritated at group finder pugs putting them in PvP servers, and vice-versa), it's implied with all the subtlety of a commuter train.

*Yes, I'm aware that the bored sadsacks who can't hack it in a fair fight aren't the main PvP crowd.
    The one who initiates gets a major advantage, most fights are 1 on 1 and lack depth, and if you're a PvP player, you'll likely destroy everyone you encounter because people are clueless when it comes to PvP, so, of course the PvP itself is not so fun

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    am i reading that correct? There is no more pvp servers? All pvp servers are like pve servers?

so there introducing a xpac about a war between A & H but removing pvp servers?

wasn't the personal choice was joining a pvp server or not?

I kill or try to kill (try for the most part) every non-tank horde i see......cause you know A vs. H and now this is removed!?!

Why remove that option!?!

All my excitement for the xpac has been lost b/c of that one point.

- - - Updated - - -

swear the god look seems like there is another tread....sorry for spam.

Boo Hoo! No more ganking people who don;t want to be ganked. YAY! No more camping graveyards and repeatedly killing players.

What this really does is completely make everything like PvE servers and people choosing to flag... only difference is you will phase and ONLY see others who choose the same as you. So gankers get to gank other gankers but cannot grief players. They will absolutely hate this.... it's like taking the batteries out of a troll's keyboard.

A HUGE positive to this is that they will use cross realm phasing to provide a balanced "group" of PvPrs... In other words you will get a world full of people, all wanting to PvP, and with a relatively balanced number of faction peeps.

However, what I think will REALLY happen is... people will actually PvP LESS while leveling and less than max level, and only participating when they become max level.
    In short... this is going to kill world PvP for the most part. It will start out strong... but as soon as the griefers start ganking lowbies, they will phase to PvE and never come back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Boo Hoo! No more ganking people who don;t want to be ganked. YAY! No more camping graveyards and repeatedly killing players.

What this really does is completely make everything like PvE servers and people choosing to flag... only difference is you will phase and ONLY see others who choose the same as you. So gankers get to gank other gankers but cannot grief players. They will absolutely hate this.... it's like taking the batteries out of a troll's keyboard.

A HUGE positive to this is that they will use cross realm phasing to provide a balanced "group" of PvPrs... In other words you will get a world full of people, all wanting to PvP, and with a relatively balanced number of faction peeps.

However, what I think will REALLY happen is... people will actually PvP LESS while leveling and less than max level, and only participating when they become max level.
    In short... this is going to kill world PvP for the most part. It will start out strong... but as soon as the griefers start ganking lowbies, they will phase to PvE and never come back.
    You forget one thing that is important to "lowie ganking" => Zone scaling. As it looks right now, the time where you just could go to Ashenvale or Duskwood to hit low level players are about to be over..... in so many ways. I call this a good one.