Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.

N'zoth is not likely this expansion.

One of the many annoyances in Legion was that the story was incredibly inconsistent and didn't feel like it built up any of the content patches that we had.
    So BfA is essentially just a hard reset to the story, it'll delve deeper into each faction leader and prominent lore characters we've had around us but the main plot will be Horde vs Alliance.

Azshara makes an appearance, we do not know if we kill her or not, I surely hope not as that'd be a waste of a good villain.
    But I have my doubts we'll see N'zoth until right before 9.0, he is not awakened yet, nor is his prison open yet, so this this is likely going to be the setup to an old god expansion in 9.0.

It's clear to me that they wanted there to be room to breathe between the Legion and the void stuff. A faction war is the perfect way to let that happen with small elements leading towards N'zoth. There's always been a fan theory that we'd fight Azshara but she'd defeat us, and then we'd kill her the next expansion.
    And if anything, they've been really big on fan service lately.

Could be that they're setting up C'thun as a possible end boss though, with the blood that's essentially seeping into the ground in Silithus. Like in WoD, they had Archimonde suddenly become the final boss, C'thun might as well be that for BfA. It'll basically end where the plot for 8.0 started.

And then comes the invasion once C'thun dies.

I don't think N'zoth is going to make an appearance in this expansion at all, would also be weird to essentially have the same plot twice in an expansion (first the blood god and then N'zoth). So I'd say that solidifies that N'zoth is not gonna be here in 8.0

7+ Year Old Account
    You know what else is not likely this xpac. Your opinion and fanfiction

Have a good day though
    #TeamSylvanas

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    What? No build up in Legion? No coherent sorry? What?! That is just pure nonsens

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I like the idea of us losing for once. Maybe halfway through the expac the Old Gods capitalize on Azeroth's fractured defenses, the Black Empire rises and actually begins to win territory as we are pushed out of Silithus and southern EK. Maybe the expansion ends with us reclaiming a key stronghold as a consilitory prize, setting the stage for 9.0 where we begin to push back and ultimately defeat N'zoth.

he may be in passing or proxy through tentacles and shit
    This xpansion is a relax (ironic since its war) and unwind from DOOOM IS UPON US that was legion

In other words: Battle for Azeroth = Pandaria 2.0

Nzoth is every expansion. You think it doesn't exist if you can't see it in your garrison?

N'zoth quite possibly is in this expansion, I'll make my bet that he/she/it will be the last big bad in 8.3/8.4 what ever

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    What? No build up in Legion? No coherent sorry? What?! That is just pure nonsens
    Exactly. Legion's story was not incoherent.

1. Initial loss at broken shore.
    2. Regroup in Dalaran, come up with plan, get artifacts.
    3. Get pillars of creation and do class hall quest. Which sets up Turalyon leading the army of light and us going to Argus via the part with Exodar and Velen.
    4. Once pillars of creation are gathered, and the five zone stories are wrapped up int he process, we go to the broken front to end the Legion's invasion.
    5. Once the legion invasion is ended, Illidan 'forces the hand of fate' by opening that big portal to Argus in the sky.
    6. We go to Argus. Learn thigns on Argus, and put an end to the Legion.

It's not really that complicated.

Deleted
    N'zoth shouldn't be in this expansion. We need him for the full blown Old God's expansion that comes after BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptoriana View Post
    You know what else is not likely this xpac. Your opinion and fanfiction

Have a good day though
    Nah, this won't be the old god expansion. Muffinus also mentioned that this expansion won't be like MoP where the faction war was only the focus during launch and during the first patch.

It'll be the main focus the entire expansion, but keep being a little baby about it though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Not a single zone had anything to do with the main story, Highmountain, Suramar, Val'sharah, Stormheim and Aszuna barely built any of the story up for Argus. The proper Legion story didn't actually start until we opened the tomb of sargeras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Nah, this won't be the old god expansion. Muffinus also mentioned that this expansion won't be like MoP where the faction war was only the focus during launch and during the first patch.

It'll be the main focus the entire expansion, but keep being a little baby about it though.
    Totess going to be all about the faction conflict, Totes. I'll believe it when I see it.

Not a single zone had anything to do with the main story, Highmountain, Suramar, Val'sharah, Stormheim and Aszuna barely built any of the story up for Argus. The proper Legion story didn't actually start until we opened the tomb of sargeras.
    The tomb of Sargeras was always open, it wouldn't be having all those demons without it. It started at the invasions then Broken Shore then a plan to close the the portal, we travel on the Broken Isles to find said Pillars of Creation. It made sense but it didn't necessarily always involve the Legion.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla had C'thun, Wrath had Yogg-Saron and Pandaria had Y'shaarj. No reason N'zoth wouldn't be in this one toward the end, especially as the lead up story resembles Pandaria already in a lot of ways

Did you actually pay attention as you adventured through the zones?

-Azsuna - Farnonar is a huge, Legion hotbed and how the zone starts: with the DHs pushing back the Legion.
    -Val'sharah had a huge demon presence, from Black Rook Hold to the Temple of Elune to even the Nightmare. Xavius and the satyrs are demons with split loyalties.
    -Highmountain had two main threats: the Drogbar and the Feltotem. The Feltotem were intricately tied to the Legion.
    -Stormheim's primary villain was Skovold and the Felskorn. They gave up their heritage to join the Legion.
    -Suramar's entire story revolves around the Nightborne joining the Legion.

Were there other stories in each zone? Sure. Azsuna had Azshara and the Naga, Val'sharah had the Nightmare, Highmountain had the Drogbar, Stormheim had the Kvaldir and Helya, and Suramar had a civil war. But, ultimately, every zone tied into the Legion and advanced the Legion plot.

As for N'Zoth in BfA, I would be very surprised if Azshara shows up and N'Zoth does not, especially considering Ion let slip, during the What's Next panel, that we knew a couple of the threats from the sea, yet only mentioned Azshara. Alex also let slip that the Old Gods were tricky and were always a surprise, using Yogg-Saron's appearance in Wrath as an example. The whole Faction War, combined with Old God experimentation in Uldir and Azshara's presence, heavily implies N'Zoth's about to appear.
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2017-11-11 at 08:17 PM.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Really now? Because I might have to agree. There is zero evidence of Old God influence on this expansion. From some random council ruling the Undercity and undermining Sylvanas. To burning Teldrassil, not knowing who did it and it caused another wound upon Azeroth upon it's destruction. To Silithus being stabbed.. ..Oh and the first raid being about a Titan facility capable of destroying the word and sealing away Old Gods..

Oh and then there's this guy who is in control of testing and sending out ships for the Kul'tiras Navy. He looks like a nice guy doesn't he?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Really now? Because I might have to agree. There is zero evidence of Old God influence on this expansion. From some random council ruling the Undercity and undermining Sylvanas. To burning Teldrassil, not knowing who did it and it caused another wound upon Azeroth upon it's destruction. To Silithus being stabbed.. ..Oh and the first raid being about a Titan facility capable of destroying the word and sealing away Old Gods..

Oh and then there's this guy who is in control of testing and sending out ships for the Kul'tiras Navy. He looks like a nice guy doesn't he?
    Must I mention Azshara, and the Kul'tiran's taking her on? Oh, and did I forget to mention the location of which the 2 continents are located at? N'zoth's prison is right inbetween them...

Nope, no Old God influence here...

I’d actually say N’zoth is very likely because we are going to kill Azshara so early and they probably are going to have to top Azshara twice in terms of threats.

Azshara is a launch raid in the same manner Nighthold was. Probbly 2 more raids after that and they’ll very likely be more dangerous threats. N’zoth fits perfectly there.

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    Did you actually pay attention as you adventured through the zones?

-Azsuna - Farnonar is a huge, Legion hotbed and how the zone starts: with the DHs pushing back the Legion.
    -Val'sharah had a huge demon presence, from Black Rook Hold to the Temple of Elune to even the Nightmare. Xavius and the satyrs are demons with split loyalties.
    -Highmountain had two main threats: the Drogbar and the Feltotem. The Feltotem were intricately tied to the Legion.
    -Stormheim's primary villain was Skovold and the Felskorn. They gave up their heritage to join the Legion.
    -Suramar's entire story revolves around the Nightborne joining the Legion.

Were there other stories in each zone? Sure. Azsuna had Azshara and the Naga, Val'sharah had the Nightmare, Highmountain had the Drogbar, Stormheim had the Kvaldir and Helya, and Suramar had a civil war. But, ultimately, every zone tied into the Legion and advanced the Legion plot.

As for N'Zoth in BfA, I would be very surprised if Azshara shows up and N'Zoth does not, especially considering Ion let slip, during the What's Next panel, that we knew a couple of the threats from the sea, yet only mentioned Azshara. Alex also let slip that the Old Gods were tricky and were always a surprise, using Yogg-Saron's appearance in Wrath as an example. The whole Faction War, combined with Old God experimentation in Uldir and Azshara's presence, heavily implies N'Zoth's about to appear.
    There are also interviews that state: "The main threat of this Expansion will grow throughout the Story, though their influence will start off REALLY small".

- - - Updated - - -

Yes they did. Think better, try harder.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post

The only thing I'll disagree with here is the Desolate Council.

I think they're earnestly Forsaken who aren't under Old God influence who just don't want Sylvanas to upend Earth and Heaven for a way to make them immortal. They were born and raised as humans, fully expecting to die, someday, and it stands to reason some of them might want to, in time. Especially as their families either are dead or are dying out or are on the other side of a battlefield...

I recognize they might be Old God toys, but I'm hoping they aren't. I really want them to be a straight play at the Forsaken getting a different leader than Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    The only thing I'll disagree with here is the Desolate Council.

I think they're earnestly Forsaken who aren't under Old God influence who just don't want Sylvanas to upend Earth and Heaven for a way to make them immortal. They were born and raised as humans, fully expecting to die, someday, and it stands to reason some of them might want to, in time. Especially as their families either are dead or are dying out or are on the other side of a battlefield...

I recognize they might be Old God toys, but I'm hoping they aren't. I really want them to be a straight play at the Forsaken getting a different leader than Sylvanas.
    Since they're a council, it'd make sense if one or two of them were whispering lies to the rest. I agree they shouldn't all be under OG influence, though.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University