Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.

The most popular botting site shuts down.

So, without mentioning the name as that's not allowed, they've now decided to shutdown their botting service for WoW for good.

I cannot provide links, but we all know who it is. So it looks like the auction house might finally start to see the prices go back up.

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on which one it is, they probably decided the hassle blizzard have been giving them just wasn't worth it. Good for the health of the game either way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    So, without mentioning the name as that's not allowed, they've now decided to shutdown their botting service for WoW for good.

I cannot provide links, but we all know who it is. So it looks like the auction house might finally start to see the prices go back up.

Thoughts?
    Good, now just to shutdown the ability to use TSM-like automated programs/addons and I'll be fully happy.
    Currently making ~500k/month with auctionator as the only addon related to that. Would for sure boost my income without any extra work.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Meh. Major/easy use botting services died with Peons for Hire years ago. The rest were imitators living on borrowed time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Good, now just to shutdown the ability to use TSM-like automated programs/addons and I'll be fully happy.
    Currently making ~500k/month with auctionator as the only addon related to that. Would for sure boost my income without any extra work.
    I agree, the sniping and automation of TSM needs to go. The rest of the addon is alright though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post

what are u doing with all that gold? I hardly spend any gold playing wow

10+ Year Old Account
    It has always been our opinion that <redacted> provides no edge, except to empower players with less time than others to enjoy the game like anyone else.
    Yeah, fuck off.

Good riddance, botters and bot makers are a scourge to the game.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Depending on which one it is, they probably decided the hassle blizzard have been giving them just wasn't worth it. Good for the health of the game either way.
    Yeah, blizzard has been really aggressive with their tripwires as well as going after them in court. And now they've finally lost, the leader doesn't seem that happy about it though, his ego really did take a hit which is obvious from his "sad news" post.

He blames it on Blizzard for compromising their players, but anyone who knows how this work knows that is not the case because Blizzard only scans their games and anything that is injected into them.

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree, the sniping and automation of TSM needs to go. The rest of the addon is alright though.
    Pretty much, the only reason I use auctionator is because of the outdated AH functionality, and once they overhaul it I might not even use that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Yeah, fuck off.

Good riddance, botters and bot makers are a scourge to the game.
    Yeah, the funniest comment was the

"Fighting this war as long as we have is something no one has done before, and no one will do in the future."

His ego has obviously taken a huge hit, lmfao.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jediknight12 View Post
    what are u doing with all that gold? I hardly spend any gold playing wow
    I'm a mount collector, so Blizzard balance and then buying stuff from the cash shop, or other b.net games.

Deleted
    There is nothing automated in TSM, you have to activly sit at your pc and click buy to buy anything, same for selling. All TSM really does is give you the ability to use calculations to easier find and sell things. The sniping aspect of it is just a better way of listing items based on algorithms you use.

There is not even remotly anything related to botting in it.

Deleted
    I'm more concerned with gaming corps being able to pay off courts and abusing the law in the first place due to the wider concerns over consumer rights.
    For example ones of them was stopped from sale in the UK with the flawed reason of copyright and inducement to breach of agree ment. The problem is that copyright doesn 't cover programs in the EU like that AFAIK and an agreement isn't a contract and the one blizzard has could breach a lot of the UK consumer rights in the first place.

That doesn't mean I support cheat bots against other players BTW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valithra View Post
    There is nothing automated in TSM, you have to activly sit at your pc and click buy to buy anything, same for selling. All TSM really does is give you the ability to use calculations to easier find and sell things. The sniping aspect of it is just a better way of listing items based on algorithms you use.

There is not even remotly anything related to botting to it.
    It is, and the addon is required to even compete with others, it scans for items that are being undercutted and then you snipe them with a single click.

That is why it needs to go. But don't make this thread about that, this is about the HUGE WIN for blizzard.

Deleted
    I wonder if we'll get one of the usual suspects chiming in with "of course they closed it, because WOW IS DYING, durr". In before, and all that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valithra View Post

There is not even remotly anything related to botting in it.
    Didn't say it's botting, but extreme automation of processes to where the only thing you need to do is repeatedly hit one button and stuff happens (granted you did set it up in the start or imported others settings), even for profession stuff like disenchanting.

- - - Updated - - -

It is, and the addon is required to even compete with others, it scans for items that are being undercutted and then you snipe them with a single click.

That is why it needs to go. But don't make this thread about that, this is about the HUGE WIN for blizzard.
    Doesn't it also require(or have an optional one) an external program that downloads the AH info?

Honorbuddy or whatever its called? it was easy detectable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    I wonder if we'll get one of the usual suspects chiming in with "of course they closed it, because WOW IS DYING, durr". In before, and all that.
    Wouldn't make sense to use that argument, since as long as there is at least 1 person playing wow, that's 1 potential customer for botting software.

Damn, I always support botting, keeps my mat costs low so I can be lazy and not bother gold farming

Snipe them with a single click? No, it doesn't work that way. A single click per item, yes, but anyone on the auction house can (and will) do the exact same thing to undercut you.

By the way "if you're going to defend it, I don't want to talk about it" is pretty lame. If you're going to bash something, be prepared to argue it.
    Last edited by Katarina026; 2017-11-11 at 07:27 PM.