With The rep requirement, which I actually think is good, they better be very clear about it way ahead of time so people have adequate time to get the reps up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    With The rep requirement, which I actually think is good, they better be very clear about it way ahead of time so people have adequate time to get the reps up.
    Or just start storing the 4 BoA tokens for Legion based allied races now and don't worry about it.

They really aren't required to warn you to get ready for future content, especially if it's something you should have done already.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

I’d personally rather see them make the requirements for the factions be based on what makes story “sense” than fairness.

Eg, Highmountain should require doing the Highmountain questline, do nelth’s lair and that’s it.

Nightborne should require doing the entire Suramar questline and finishing Nighthold (as I believe that rep requirement is gone)

Lightforged should require Argus campaign and beating Antorus.

Void Elves are odd so idk.

Dark Irons should require beating every instance in Blackrock Spire and the adjacent zones.

Zandalari should require defeating ToT, ZG, ZA, Kun-Lai Summit quest area.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Or just start storing the 4 BoA tokens for Legion based allied races now and don't worry about it.

They really aren't required to warn you to get ready for future content, especially if it's something you should have done already.
    Have to consider returning players and more casual players. There’s just a near endless amount of types of players that this needs communicated early.

I mean, I still see tons of players without flying.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Hoping the reason he hasn't outright said the requirements is they don't wanna tip their hand on if they're coming in 7.3.5, 8.0, or at level 120.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account

Have to consider returning players and more casual players. There’s just a near endless amount of types of players that this needs communicated early.

I mean, I still see tons of players without flying.
    Thing is that these people wouldn't even see it if it was clarified in a blue post.

While people more invested in the game would check wowhead/mmo-c/other fansites to check for that info, be it current playing players looking at new PTR info or returning invested players looking for a patch roundup.

Wait...what?

Welp, time to get Exalted with the Army of the Light then...

THOSE LIGHTFORED BEARDS ARE MINE!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Yeah. Hoping the reason he hasn't outright said the requirements is they don't wanna tip their hand on if they're coming in 7.3.5, 8.0, or at level 120.
    I mean we'll know the requirement a month or two earlier thanks to PTR, so MMO-C/WoWhead probably have better means of getting the word out than dev tweets/blue posts.

If they put it on the battle.net launcher then just about everyone will see it. Also, the amount of people who pay attention to future content which is more than a week is likely pretty small. Even if it’s a new xpac.

Even in a guild like mine where people take raiding pretty seriously, just about everyone is always clueless about what to do in new content even if they “need” to. I can only imagine that many of those who are even more casual are even more confused about what is going on.

7+ Year Old Account
    If they put it on the battle.net launcher then just about everyone will see it. Also, the amount of people who pay attention to future content which is more than a week is likely pretty small. Even if it’s a new xpac.

Even in a guild like mine where people take raiding pretty seriously, just about everyone is always clueless about what to do in new content even if they “need” to. I can only imagine that many of those who are even more casual are even more confused about what is going on.
    Thing is most people just press the blue "play" button on b.net without even reading whats in the little panels. Don't they usually put the patch notes there? And I still see people clueless in /2 when a new patch drops.

Thing is most people just press the blue "play" button on b.net without even reading whats in the little panels. Don't they usually put the patch notes there? And I still see people clueless in /2 when a new patch drops.
    My favourite ones are those who ask when the patch is not even on ptr yet...
    [2. Trade][Absoluteidiot]: is the patch yet?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

I cant remember which interview it was but one of the devs said that doing the HM quest line was a prerequisite to the HM tauren allied race quest line "So you can get started on it now!".

Wish I could remember which interview that was.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
    I cant remember which interview it was but one of the devs said that doing the HM quest line was a prerequisite to the HM tauren allied race quest line "So you can get started on it now!".

Wish I could remember which interview that was.
    Saw something about that in a wowhead post earlier today http://www.wowhead.com/news=275765/m...binations-raci

Saw something about that in a wowhead post earlier today http://www.wowhead.com/news=275765/m...binations-raci
    Yeh its right there! I knew I wasn't crazy.

So with that in mind I reckon stuff like void elves requires argus stuff cos that's where Alleria takes a bit too much of the void koolaid.

Suramar for nightborne

No clue about what dark Iron might have though. Do the Dark iron have a "friendly" quest chain in the current content? I can't remember one.

"Edit" and yeh lightforged probably require argus stuff as well (waves hands in the air sarcastically)

"second edit" I'm a retard who didnt read the whole article
    Last edited by Nixl; 2017-11-11 at 08:03 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
    Yeh its right there! I knew I wasn't crazy.

So with that in mind I reckon stuff like void elves requires argus stuff cos that's where Alleria takes a bit too much of the void koolaid.

Suramar for nightborne

No clue about what dark Iron might have though. Do the Dark iron have a "friendly" quest chain in the current content? I can't remember one.

"Edit" and yeh lightforged probably require argus stuff as well (waves hands in the air sarcastically)
    I would hope that all the allied race unlocks are MOSTLY unique and all rep based

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    I would hope that all the allied race unlocks are MOSTLY unique and all rep based
    ...Yeah and new rep will be added for the Zandalari Trolls, The Void Elves, and Dark Iron.
    Everyone else's rep are already in the game.

For the Trolls on Zandalar they could name it the Zandalar Empire...
    Not sure for the Dark Irons...Void Elves can be something else, and I am hoping Alleria will be the leader.
    I am still Horde, but I am curious about these so called *Uses fingers like Dr.Evil* "VOID ELVES" *Uses fingers again*
    What are their purpose and what will they aid to the other faction?
    Can be the High Elf of the other faction that everyone wanted.
    For the Horde!

Figuring out a current rep for Void Elves is hard. The closest I can think of lore wise while eliminating Army of the Light as that clearly will be for Lightforged, is the Silver Covenant.

Scryers could in theory fit but they wouldn’t require that because of the odd way they and the Aldor work.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Figuring out a current rep for Void Elves is hard. The closest I can think of lore wise while eliminating Army of the Light as that clearly will be for Lightforged, is the Silver Covenant.

Scryers could in theory fit but they wouldn’t require that because of the odd way they and the Aldor work.
    Yeah that's why I almost wonder if they'll be gated behind a BFA rep. I can come up with reps for Dark Irons more than I can Void Elves.

inb4 7.3.5 adds a faction for Alleria.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    To be fair, they gave us almost a year long heads up warning.
    It doesn't matter with current players, the issue is with returning players. Having an exalted requirement would be fine for as long as the current content is in Legion, but having it in the next expansion would be dumb and honestly counter intuitive with the way they seem to want to be handling their requirements lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    ...Yeah and new rep will be added for the Zandalari Trolls, The Void Elves, and Dark Iron.
    Everyone else's rep are already in the game.

For the Trolls on Zandalar they could name it the Zandalar Empire...
    Not sure for the Dark Irons...Void Elves can be something else, and I am hoping Alleria will be the leader.
    I am still Horde, but I am curious about these so called *Uses fingers like Dr.Evil* "VOID ELVES" *Uses fingers again*
    What are their purpose and what will they aid to the other faction?
    Can be the High Elf of the other faction that everyone wanted.
    Will the allied race get their own starting zone by the way? or do we just spawn in a major city/ maybe the embassy?

I’m curious if they’d actually rep gate Zandalari and Dark Irons (just because they are listed at same place on official site) behind a time gated BfA rep instead of just essentially finishing the storyline. That I imagine would be controversial because you’d have to put in quite a bit of effort on another character to unlock a new race and start all over.

Ok you can race change but i don’t think that makes for a good argument for many.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    Will the allied race get their own starting zone by the way? or do we just spawn in a major city/ maybe the embassy?
    I’m pretty sure they said we start at lvl 20 in Org/sw