View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    No, the US doesn't want a superpower equally as strong on the world stage. @Skroe little help here please?
    Correct the US does not. But the US want's an incredibly strong partner in the EU. The US midwifed the EU. It's critically important to our global agenda. The US and EU are partners in pretty much everything.

If the US is Chariman and CEO, the EU is CFO and COO. It want's the best near peer that isn't quite a peer, possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    lol nope, the border issue is resolved. The Irish don't want a hard border, the British don't want a hard border
    Just to make this abundantly clear:
    Leaving the Customs union by necessity means a customs border.
    Leaving the Regulatory union means a regulatory border.
    It can either be in the Irish sea, or on the island of Ireland, your pick.
    This can't be avoided, like literally can't.
    Last edited by mmocfd561176b9; 2017-11-11 at 11:22 PM.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's easier to swim the English channel, especially this time of the year
    just give the word UK is ok with an open border and done; EU will gladly take that.

lol nope, the border issue is resolved. The Irish don't want a hard border, the British don't want a hard border. It will end badly for anyone who tries to put a border between the two.
    Those people being Brexiteers, particularly the "No deal" types like you. Just because you claim the issue is resolved, doesn't make it so.
    Just from today;
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...reign-minister
    https://twitter.com/PolhomeEditor/st...61259702272000
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2017-11-11 at 11:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Those people being Brexiteers, particularly the "No deal" types like you. Just because you claim the issue is resolved, doesn't make it so.
    Just from today;
    I'm having trouble understanding that tweet.
    What does "lean on the EU" mean in that context?

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    I'm having trouble understanding that tweet.
    What does "lean on the EU" mean in that context?
    Put pressure on them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just from today;
    Nothing changes the fact that the EU is responsible for managing EU borders, not the UK.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Deleted
    Nothing changes the fact that the EU is responsible for managing EU borders, not the UK.
    and nothing changes the fact that nobody is going to blame the EU for a hard border - not even the unionists.

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't mean Irish nationalists won't blame the UK if GFA is broken. They'll see London just as responsible as Brussels for that.

Nor the fact that the UK is responsible for creating one.

Not a chance. The IRA will not allow Brussels to impose a hard Irish/UK border, the EU ignore them at their peril. The UK will not violate the GFA and the EU won't dare either. There are enough terrorist attacks in the EU at the minute without looking for more.
    Brussels doesn't give a shit about the IRA. That's a British problem.

- - - Updated - - -

For the avoidance of doubt, the side which imposes a hard border between Ireland and the UK will be the one to violate the GFA. I repeat the UK will not be responsible for the imposition of that border, if the EU try to build, pay for and enforce one against the wishes of Irish republicans then good luck with that.
    The EU is not part of the GFA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    Republic of Ireland is still part of the EU. Can Ireland make a deal with the UK that could potentially affect the entire European union without consulting Brussels first?
    No. They can't. But, now that I've read up on the GFA a bit. There's a solution to all of this. There's a section granting NI and RoI the permission to unite if both agree to it with a referendum. London could still uphold the GFA by accepting such a referendum and letting Ireland be whole again.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

A slew of stories, once again, linking Russia to Brexit.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/brex...esearch-agency
    https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a8050866.html
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...l-factory.html (I know, the mail, technically it's The Mail on Sunday which was pro-Remain and seems to not be too fond of Dacre, despite his ownership)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    No. They can't. But, now that I've read up on the GFA a bit. There's a solution to all of this. There's a section granting NI and RoI the permission to unite if both agree to it with a referendum. London could still uphold the GFA by accepting such a referendum and letting Ireland be whole again.
    Except there are no indicators to suggest anything other than NI strongly wish to remain in the UK. Of course there is a more likely solution which is that Ireland would leave the EU, they are pretty flaky members now Juncker is at their doors asking for pots loads of money. Even when money was flowing the other way they needed a couple of goes at the nice and lisbon treaties.

What with Europe enforcing a hard border between North/South post brexit, Juncker demanding barrow loads of cash whilst threatening the Irish tax haven status because it threatens Luxembourgs tax fiddling position, don't bet against that either.

A slew of stories, once again, linking Russia to Brexit.
    You are too funny. How a Scot can bring up allegations of Russian interference in the Brexit referendum when the chief architect of Scottish independence, Alex Salmond, is now working for Putins mouthpiece RT is the joke of the day. Ty for the giggle.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-eu...-idUKKBN1DD0PU

the eu are set to sign an eu defence pact today, which they have continually failed to do due to British intervention. Britain always blocked this because we were scared it would result in an eu army, separate from those of our own armed forces and under command by those not British. it seems then that Great Britain was right to leave the eu. the moment we voted for sovereignty, for a global Britain, to take back control of our borders, the eu decides to finally push it's federalised dream with this.

i thank each and every British person who voted to leave.

Deleted
    Sweet, I hope all the British military contractors enjoy losing out on all those lucrative contracts.

Yet more jobs to go to the continent.

I'm sure everyone who'll be joining the dole queue soon will want to thank everyone who voted Leave as well.
    Last edited by mmoc8116b97f51; 2017-11-13 at 09:54 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Except there are no indicators to suggest anything other than NI strongly wish to remain in the UK. Of course there is a more likely solution which is that Ireland would leave the EU, they are pretty flaky members now Juncker is at their doors asking for pots loads of money. Even when money was flowing the other way they needed a couple of goes at the nice and lisbon treaties.

What with Europe enforcing a hard border between North/South post brexit, Juncker demanding barrow loads of cash whilst threatening the Irish tax haven status because it threatens Luxembourgs tax fiddling position, don't bet against that either.
    Some links to this nonsense would be fun, thanks in advance.

You are too funny. How a Scot can bring up allegations of Russian interference in the Brexit referendum when the chief architect of Scottish independence, Alex Salmond, is now working for Putins mouthpiece RT is the joke of the day. Ty for the giggle.
    Did you just try to counter russian sponsered independence movement with an example of a russian sponsored independence movement?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That's entirely true but what would the results be in a post-Brexit NI that has a hard border with RoI?
    It's more of a religious thing.

RoI wants reunification far more than NI wants it.

Brexit is positive for the UK since it will allow it to clamp down upon the colonies and use the riyal navy to take over the east:0

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Support for a united Ireland sits at around 19% in NI, so not really a viable option.
    That is their decision. So they can blame either the UK or NI for a closed border. But if they start blaming the EU for the UK's failure to have any kind of concept or plan going into these negotiations, I'd be rather surprised.

Should the UK crash into a no-deal situation, this is the alternative to implement WTO rules and uphold the GFA at the same time. I really don't see other possibilities that don't involve some kind of accommodation in a deal situation or outright violating the GFA.
    Last edited by Slant; 2017-11-13 at 11:22 AM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Did you just try to counter russian sponsered independence movement with an example of a russian sponsored independence movement?
    It is probably his area of expertise.
    Don't you just love to get insider knowledge directly from the source?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    It's more of a religious thing.

RoI wants reunification far more than NI wants it.
    So... around 21% want it?