Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    And they went out of their way to give you a thalassian elf model. That IS an example of them stretching the lore after all to accommodate this desire. Sure, it wasn't what you wanted, but they fact they contorted the story to give you a version of that model (and not the actual model itself) should demonstrate to you they are pretty damn far from giving it to you.

In fact, considering the Alliance now has a thalassian elf model, I think it's reasonable to put the chance at about 0%.
    There was absolutely no need to "contort the story" to do so, nor was there a reason to invent Void Elves.

High Elves are already a part of the Alliance and have been a major part for several expansions.

I'll take no lectures on respect from someone who called the people he is debating with 'assholes' and 'dickheads'.
    Aw, pobrecito.

And no, I have never respected this childish desire from Alliance players to be able to play the Horde's most popular race without alteration. You want to play a pure Thalassian elf? You play the Horde faction.
    Nah, fuck the Horde. I don't want to play the evil faction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post

Nah, fuck the Horde. I don't want to play the evil faction.
    Then tough shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then tough shit.
    Again, it costs you literally nothing for people on Alliance to be able to play what they like.

Why do you hate other players so much?
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Please learn the difference between an "is" and an "ought" argument. Moreover, that distinction in flavour is crucial.

It costs Blizzard very little and the playerbase nothing at all to give the Alliance what they've been asking for instead of a sop that reads like a bad fanfiction.
    to the horde it could cost a huge amount of players

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Again, it costs you literally nothing for people on Alliance to be able to play what they like.

Because just because you wan't something doesn't mean faction identity should break for you. The culture, the looks and (possibly soon blue eyes, something even other GMS have talked about) is on the Horde.

Play it or don't, Blizzard has told you flat out no now, after saying soft "No's" for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Playerbase imbalance is no longer as significant an issue with the advent of CRZ and sharding.

And besides, I think you lot would be happy to get rid of the fairweather Horde players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playerbase imbalance is no longer as significant an issue with the advent of CRZ and sharding.

And besides, I think you lot would be happy to get rid of the fairweather Horde players.
    It's not the point and you know it, they want the factions equal, and they already have made it obviously clear they already consider high elves playable in the form of blood elves.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account

Because my faction has literally one attractive playable race and for the past decade players such as yourself have coveted the ability to play as that race without playing on my faction. You don't ask for Goblins, you don't ask for Trolls, you don't ask for Tauren; all three of which you could ask for and a plausible if narrative stretching explanation given for it.

No, you ask for the one attractive race the Horde has and one of our main selling points and you do this using the embers of nearly dead group and half baked lore half of you headcannon to try and justify it. And then when the Horde has no unique attractive races and the Alliance has options for all of them, you will say it's 'fair'.

And then when Blizzard finally gives in and gives you a version of that race to play, IT STILL ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Because just because you wan't something doesn't mean faction identity should break for you. The culture, the looks and (possibly soon blue eyes, something even other GMS have talked about) is on the Horde.

Play it or don't, Blizzard has told you flat out no now, after saying soft "No's" for years.
    Just like Classic servers. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Because my faction has literally one attractive playable race and for the past decade players such as yourself have coveted the ability to play as that race without playing on my faction. You don't ask for Goblins, you don't ask for Trolls, you don't ask for Tauren; all three of which you could ask for and a plausible if narrative stretching explanation given for it.
    Personally speaking I wouldn't give a shit if people could play as any race on any faction.

No, you ask for the one attractive race the Horde has and one of our main selling points and you do this using the embers of nearly dead group and half baked lore half o you headcannon to try and justify it.
    Considering the Blood Elves joining the Horde was a matter of half-baked lore in the first place, go figure.
    And then when Blizzard finally gives in and gives you a version of that race to play, IT STILL ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH.
    Yeah, imagine people being pissed off by the massive sop that is Void Elves rather than just letting them play what they want at no cost to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    so are you telling me, that those bland, blue eyed high elves could steal horde players and those cool, inovative, unique, better in everything void elves wont be popular?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like Classic servers. Lol.
    The vanilla realm ordeal isn't even close to comparable, and it comes off as a joke when anyone tries to seriously use it as an argument.

Personally speaking I wouldn't give a shit if people could play as any race on any faction.
    Blizzard is the exact opposite of you.

Considering the Blood Elves joining the Horde was a matter of half-baked lore in the first place, go figure.
    crying about it doesn't make High elves even closer to being playable.

Yeah, imagine people being pissed off by the massive sop that is Void Elves rather than just letting them play what they want at no cost to the game.
    Anyone who ever thought they would get High elves after 2007 was fooling themselves, the fact that some people are still shocked when the illusion was shattered by Ion this latest blizzcon would be funny if it wasn't sad.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Ion says High Elves are basically Blood Elves, and so are Void Elves. How do Obelisk Kai and Friendlyimmolation handle it? They froth at the mouth, yelling as loud as they can "ION SAID HIGH ELVES ARE DEAD AND ARE NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN! THE CONVERSATION IS OVER! ION IS WoW JESUS!" No, no, no... You don't want High Elves so you're cherry picking the information you want, per usual. He includes Void Elves in the same category as High Elves, which are going to be playable. Does that mean its going to happen? No. Does it mean that its still possible? Yes. There are only a handful of Lightforged Draenei on one ship and there are only a handful of Void Elves. What will it take for you to realize that the population argument holds no water anymore? Muffinus aka Jeremy Feasel, said they are taking community suggestions for the next 'Allied Races'. Go look at the official forums. Take note of the most requested race by a mile. High Elves... High Elves. Its going to happen sooner or later, likely sometime this expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    How do Obelisk Kai and Friendlyimmolation handle it? They froth at the mouth, yelling as loud as they can "ION SAID HIGH ELVES ARE DEAD AND ARE NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN! THE CONVERSATION IS OVER! ION IS WoW JESUS!" .
    Hahahahahaahhahahhahahahahhahahahaha

10+ Year Old Account
    Ion says High Elves are basically Blood Elves, and so are Void Elves. How do Obelisk Kai and Friendlyimmolation handle it? They froth at the mouth, yelling as loud as they can "ION SAID HIGH ELVES ARE DEAD AND ARE NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN! THE CONVERSATION IS OVER! ION IS WoW JESUS!" No, no, no... You don't want High Elves so you're cherry picking the information you want, per usual. He includes Void Elves in the same category as High Elves, which are going to be playable. Does that mean its going to happen? No. Does it mean that its still possible? Yes. There are only a handful of Lightforged Draenei on one ship and there are only a handful of Void Elves. What will it take for you to realize that the population argument holds no water anymore? Muffinus aka Jeremy Feasel, said they are taking community suggestions for the next 'Allied Races'. Go look at the official forums. Take note of the most requested race by a mile. High Elves... High Elves. Its going to happen sooner or later, likely sometime this expansion.
    Oh grow up.

He's the game director, and you (and others) trying to discount his words is more a sign of your own desperation on this matter than anything else. It's essentially word of god for Warcraft.

If they were ever going to give you High Elves, it would have been right now with the announcement of the allied races. They gave you Void Elves, a 95% match.

Take it and be thankful you got that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could listen to the rest of the interview, where Ion says no to playable High elves.
    Holy shit lol

blood elf = green eyes
    high elf = blue eyes

You should see my cool idea of straight backed orc.. Horde players would be pretty salty, if they got this version of straight backed orcs, instead of they wanted..Basically corrupt a wish. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...aight-back-orc

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    so are you telling me, that those bland, blue eyed high elves could steal horde players and those cool, inovative, unique, better in everything void elves wont be popular?
    vampire skin can make many players of the horde prefer their elves of normal skin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    You could listen to the rest of the interview, where Ion says no to playable High elves.
    Why bother? They'll next be claiming Ion Hazzikostas is a crazy homeless bum who is sometimes allowed to pretend to work for Blizzard out of pity by the real developers (who are clearly too busy implementing High Elves to be able to take questions).

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    blood elf = green eyes
    high elf = blue eyes

blood elves with blue eyes in the game

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Lanesh_the_Steelweaver

Teris Blightsunder

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Teris_Blightsunder

Sunreaver Captain

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sunreaver_Captain

Sunreaver Frosthand

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sunreaver_Frosthand

the sunreaver Assassin is a very special case not only appears in the purge of dalaran also appears in thunder island and his eyes are still blue
    Sunreaver Assassin
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sunreaver_Assassin
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=68756/sun...delviewer:10+0
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=70045/sun...delviewer:10+0

astromancer darnarian

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Astromancer_Darnarian