Quote Originally Posted by ombus View Post
    yeah because playing to get what you want is no good right ? you dont even have to do it more than once on each faction ! ..

It was sarcasm.. and meant raiding on bfa.
    I don't see how you can really justify putting a barrier of old content between the player and one of BfA's big box features.

i swear if i have to level to 120 to raid i will be real mad and rage at blizz... -.- come on people.. you have to play the game to get the races you want.. simple.
    Not an equivalent case. Please take your disingenuous comparisons and go.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    I don't see how you can really justify putting a barrier of old content between the player and one of BfA's big box features.
    Money seems like a fair justification (not from player perspective but definitely financially). With four races being playable in 7.3.5 implied heavily it makes sense to make players come back to play. But if its simply locked behind Bfa they could just come during the pre-patch and level up. They want to avoid that and get people to also play Legion. By making people have to do rep requirements and questing it provides incentive to keep subbed or resub in some cases to get that extra time.

Story wise it also makes sense to get to know these factions first before formally getting them to join. More than likely the player is the ambassador and having the player liked by doing the storylines first would help them join.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Money seems like a fair justification (not from player perspective but definitely financially). With four races being playable in 7.3.5 implied heavily it makes sense to make players come back to play. But if its simply locked behind Bfa they could just come during the pre-patch and level up. They want to avoid that and get people to also play Legion. By making people have to do rep requirements and questing it provides incentive to keep subbed or resub in some cases to get that extra time.

Story wise it also makes sense to get to know these factions first before formally getting them to join. More than likely the player is the ambassador and having the player liked by doing the storylines first would help them join.
    It's also possible 7.3.5 will provide extra ways to get rep with the faction. Making it quicker, but quickest if you get the rep now.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    It doesn't matter with current players, the issue is with returning players.
    its not an issue. its not like ANY of the legion reps are like Brood of Nozdormu aka a grind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    It does if they are putting them in 7.3.5 instead of 8.0
    which everyone doubts.

- - - Updated - - -

It could work like every other race in the last 12+ years and be unlocked through purchasing the expansion, as an expansion box feature.
    which would make no sense lore wise ause they start at level 20.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    its not an issue. its not like ANY of the legion reps are like Brood of Nozdormu aka a grind.
    It wouldn't be an issue for people like us obviously, but it would be an issue. You're not grinding for the reputation but you'll be doing things like world quests, caches, and reputation missions to get Exalted. It would be better if they made it at Revered or Honored (or better yet, just requiring the race's zone story to be completed) for new or returning players.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Not an equivalent case. Please take your disingenuous comparisons and go.
    i will not.

-.-.. i want to do battle for azeroth at level 1.. why do i have to do old content to be able to play bfa ? and dont give me the token.

i will not.

-.-.. i want to do battle for azeroth at level 1.. why do i have to do old content to be able to play bfa ? and dont give me the token.
    Okay, it's obvious you're not arguing in good faith. Enjoy that, I guess.

i will not.

You are literally given a thing that lets you go right to BfA content as long as you purchase the expansion.

So, yes. Purchasing an expansion's content gives you access to that content. Locking BfA features behind Legion content is bizarre.

Deleted
    Doing the zone story and the follow up quest to recruit them should be more than plenty to unlock allied races imo. Imagine if a new player has to grind out Army of the Light rep to exalted to unlock reskinned Draenei
    It would be pretty stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    Any main should be exalted with every legion by now easily so I don't see why people are complaining.
    Key word being "main". Many might not be exalted with every legion rep on a character of the opposing faction. I want to unlock both Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei but have barely touched my Alliance character. Requiring Exalted with most reps is simply silly. What about players that might only return in BfA?

You are literally given a thing that lets you go right to BfA content as long as you purchase the expansion.

So, yes. Purchasing an expansion's content gives you access to that content. Locking BfA features behind Legion content is bizarre.
    the token was not always a thing so this as not the case before.. and if i want another character ? i still have to do old content or pay to go to current content.

the fact is.. you want the allied race ? then complete the requirements, whatever they may be and then you will be able to play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    -snip-

spoilers
    That made me laugh so much...
    Still hate those two...But comic was funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    Any main should be exalted with every legion by now easily so I don't see why people are complaining.
    I think my Pandaren Male Monk is already exalted with the Nightfallen...
    Would make more sense for the Nightborne Allied Race to be there instead of the Court rep one...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Yeah that's why I almost wonder if they'll be gated behind a BFA rep. I can come up with reps for Dark Irons more than I can Void Elves.

inb4 7.3.5 adds a faction for Alleria.
    I think Battle for Azeroth will add some new rep grinds for the Allied Races, but keep old ones for the others.

Horde Allied Races;
    Bring back the Zandalari Tribe rep and rename it the Zandalari Empire rep for Zandalar so you can get the Zandalari Trolls as a playable race...Really want a male or a female Zandalari...Not sure race combo I want yet.

Nightborne will probably be with the Nightfallen (Seeing on how we helped them since Legion and the Court one wouldn't make much sense) Really want want a male or a female Nightborne...Once again not sure what combo I want yet...

Highmountain with Highmountain rep...Wonder if we can get all the different tribes...Don't really want the Highmountain, but I like the War Paint they got...

Other Faction Races;
    Lightforged Draenei can be the Argus rep...Don't really care, but people sure do love the space goats...A lot... I think a certain Draenei should lead them...Not Turalyon...

Void Elves Can be a new rep grind...Alleria can lead them...I don't know why, but I am curious on what customization they will have...

Dark Irons...Would've preferred Kul Tiras Humans to be a Allied Race...
    Last edited by rcshaggy; 2017-11-12 at 02:14 AM.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Would make more sense for the Nightborne Allied Race to be there instead of the Court rep one...
    Water is wet

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    Key word being "main". Many might not be exalted with every legion rep on a character of the opposing faction. I want to unlock both Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei but have barely touched my Alliance character. Requiring Exalted with most reps is simply silly. What about players that might only return in BfA?
    Yeah, it's not about having to do work to get reps exalted. I played during all of Legion, so on my main, I have everything at exalted.

But not on a Horde character, and I don't intend to grind to exalted on Nightfallen again on a Horde character just to be able to play a Nightborne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's not about having to do work to get reps exalted. I played during all of Legion, so on my main, I have everything at exalted.

But not on a Horde character, and I don't intend to grind to exalted on Nightfallen again on a Horde character just to be able to play a Nightborne
    Then don't...
    But you could never know it could count towards the Nightborne Allied Race for your rep...
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    But not on a Horde character, and I don't intend to grind to exalted on Nightfallen again on a Horde character just to be able to play a Nightborne.
    then dont play Nightborn. problem solved. time blizzard brings in some rewards for people doing the "work"

The Nightborne should have been neutral. Honestly, I'm tired of the two-faction dynamic that's being forced down our gullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    then dont play Nightborn. problem solved. time blizzard brings in some rewards for people doing the "work"
    I did the work. Shoo.