Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Classic is going to be huge numbers wise.

This is what I suspect.

I'm not sure Blizzard have quite realised what they've done. I can easily see every current WoW player wanting to at least try Classic in some form in week 1. And I can see a lot of former players coming back to try it. When both are added together the numbers on classic could well exceed the numbers Blizzard saw in the vanilla years. In fact I'd go as far as to say they'll easily surpass those numbers day 1.

The Twitch numbers are also going to be huge. There are a lot of big number streamers expressing serious interest in playing classic. It could easily surpass 100,000 viewers on a regular basis putting it in the top 3 games list.

It's going to be insanely popular. I wonder if Blizzard quite realise just how popular it's going to be.

With all the people wanting to try it on launch... sure... but long term I am somewhat apprehensive after everyone's had their taste of QoL changes off retail and what have you, finding it not for them.

Deleted
    Thanks for the info.

Will probably be bigger than retail. At least for the first month.

And then nosedive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt it's going to be bigger than retail, but it might be pretty big; at least for a while. Then drop. Dramatically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    This is what I suspect.

I'm not sure Blizzard have quite realised what they've done. I can easily see every current WoW player wanting to at least try Classic in some form in week 1. And I can see a lot of former players coming back to try it. When both are added together the numbers on classic could well exceed the numbers Blizzard saw in the vanilla years. In fact I'd go as far as to say they'll easily surpass those numbers day 1.

The Twitch numbers are also going to be huge. There are a lot of big number streamers expressing serious interest in playing classic. It could easily surpass 100,000 viewers on a regular basis putting it in the top 3 games list.

It's going to be insanely popular. I wonder if Blizzard quite realise just how popular it's going to be.
    I am currently subscribed and I have no interest to try classic.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    This is what I suspect.

you wouldn't be posting 100 posts every single day saying classic is gonna be so great if you are so sure about it.

who are you trying to convince and who are you trying to assure?

10+ Year Old Account
    Should we call you Raven? Because apparently you can #seeintothefuture

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki b View Post
    And then nosedive.
    This pretty much.

I think it will start off extremely popular but... well I think the audience has changed. It will be sustainable and bigger then most mmos granted but I don't think it will be huge compared to whatever new expac is out.

I suspect there will be 3 types of ppl who play vanilla.
    1. The tourist, they will level to around 20-30 then lose intrest because its to timeconsuming for them.
    2. The fotm player, will level to 60, do the 60 dungeons and perhaps clear mc/ony/zg once or twiice. Spend a ocuple of days doing bgs. After that they will lose interest as the time it takes to gear up a raid in vanilla or to gain pvpranks is significantly longer than what we see in modern day wow.
    3. The diehard fans who will farm raids and push all the way to naxxramas, farm bgs and ger the high pvpranks with the same enthusiasm as we saw in vanilla.

I suspect group 1 and 2 will make up the larger chunk of ppl.

Deleted
    What if we talk about the number of people that will play WoW in general when legacy is released?
    Some people think the subscriber numbers will be in an all time high when legacy releases.

Asmongold thinks 15 million people will be playing "WoW" . xD

I think thats a bit to high But i do agree subscriptions will be in an all time high

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty sure Blizzard is well aware of the "potential" popularity of Classic Servers otherwise they would never spend the resources to make them.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

It'll be very popular... for a week. Mildly popular for a month. Who knows where it'll stand in the long term. 50-100k players might be too high.

It's going to be significantly less successful than you think it will, and Blizzard will realize that listening to the vocal minority is a horrible idea.

I think it will do great, but I doubt Blizzard is going to release any numbers. They haven't even done so for Legion this whole year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki b View Post
    And then nosedive.
    Just like any WoW product since Cataclysm.

I did classic in classic.

The only thing that will entice me into it is if tmogs that are currently unavailable go account wide (like cadaverous armor set or naxx40 sets)

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    With all the people wanting to try it on launch... sure... but long term I am somewhat apprehensive after everyone's had their taste of QoL changes off retail and what have you, finding it not for them.
    Most of the people that were playing in Vanilla didn't stick around to see Cata and beyond.

The loss of QoL should not impact them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I think it will do great, but I doubt Blizzard is going to release any numbers. They haven't even done so for Legion this whole year.
    They will if the numbers are big.