Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    With all the people wanting to try it on launch... sure... but long term I am somewhat apprehensive after everyone's had their taste of QoL changes off retail and what have you, finding it not for them.
    well alot of ppl had their taste of QoL changes on retail and stopped fucking playing.. but well it also had alot to do with other things like class design(classes are super boring) and in vanilla its not much better( if at all), but there are other things that ppl liked more about the game

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Most of the people that were playing in Vanilla didn't stick around to see Cata and beyond.

The loss of QoL should not impact them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    well alot of ppl had their taste of QoL changes on retail and stopped fucking playing.. but well it also had alot to do with other things like class design(classes are super boring) and in vanilla its not much better( if at all), but there are other things that ppl liked more about the game
    I am talking about people playing retail giving Classic a try [key word: try]...

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    I am pretty sure Blizzard is well aware of the "potential" popularity of Classic Servers otherwise they would never spend the resources to make them.
    likely just gave up on the crying for it to be done, announce it, have the interns work on it and what not. Essentially buying good pr and personal development.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    I am talking about people playing retail giving Classic a try [key word: try]...
    They aren't the target of this release. The ones that quit are. Over time WoW's had what, a few dozen million active accounts? A hundred million? Who knows. If even a few million of those play Vanilla at launch Blizzard will make huge money.

Even those 3 big Vanilla private servers have had about 100,000 players and that's a shitty private server without Blizzard's advertisement or quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another one of these posts, think if you say it enough it will magically make it true?

I like others would never touch Vanilla again without getting transmogs for live.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    likely just gave up on the crying for it to be done, announce it, have the interns work on it and what not. Essentially buying good pr and personal development.
    What do you mean work on it, it's a finished product.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I like others would never touch Vanilla again without getting transmogs for live.
    Retail players aren't a target for this. Most people nowadays didn't play during Vanilla, the idea of slow levelling, raids that actually take effort and not being able to play whatever spec you want and be competitive would turn most away.

They aren't the target of this release. The ones that quit are. Over time WoW's had what, a few dozen million active accounts? A hundred million? Who knows. If even a few million of those play Vanilla at launch Blizzard will make huge money.

Even those 3 big Vanilla private servers have had about 100,000 players and that's a shitty private server without Blizzard's advertisement or quality.
    No shit sherlock... I was talking about the claiming of big numbers on Classic's launch... a large portion of it would be these players TRYING the damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    I am currently subscribed and I have no interest to try classic.
    Same here.

I thoroughly enjoyed Vanilla in it's day and I'm glad I experienced it, but I would never go back to it.
    Last edited by Honeyprime; 2017-11-12 at 04:41 AM.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

Vanilla was "finished product" (if you don't count all the major bugs that were still in the game when TBC launched). WoW Classic is not going to be exactly vanilla.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2017-11-12 at 03:08 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Inb4 servers full and crashing, no mobs to kill in the starting areas on day 1 and constant gankfests in the 20-40 level range

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    I am currently subscribed and I have no interest to try classic.
    Damn, there goes that theory. Back to the old drawing board guys!

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Inb4 servers full and crashing, no mobs to kill in the starting areas on day 1 and constant gankfests in the 20-40 level range
    Sounds far better than first 2 weeks of WoD, where the game was practically unplayable for any high pop server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Sounds far better than first 2 weeks of WoD, where the game was practically unplayable for any high pop server.
    Hey who knows how it will end up , might turn out worse than WoD

Though I feel after a few days ( or after the people who are "trying vanilla" reach around lvl 20 and get bored of the grind) it should end up going smooth from then on.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Vanilla was "finished product" (if you don't count all the major bugs that were still in the game when TBC launched). WoW Classic is not going to be exactly vanilla.
    Such as what? I only know of ONE bugged quest from Vanilla and AFAIK it was never fixed. But it's one quest. Nothing major.

And we have no idea what WoW classic will be.

Such as what? I only know of ONE bugged quest from Vanilla and AFAIK it was never fixed. But it's one quest. Nothing major.

And we have no idea what WoW classic will be.
    Quest bugs are not the only bugs...

And no...we don't know exactly what classic WoW will be...therefore we can't really say it is a "finished product". But, if all they were planning to do was release Classic Wow as-is, they could have it up and running tomorrow.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Blizzard could shit in a fish tank and a million people would log in to see it, so I think that launch day being a huge spike is unquestionable. Also yeah twitch and all the gamer buzz will contribute to that because WoW might've had 12 million at its peak but it also had over 100 million distinct accounts - there's a lot of ex-players out there.

It will obviously die down after that, to what we can only speculate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

You are already acting like an idiot using the "every current wow player" argument, which has been made abundantly clear every time there has been a thread on the subject.
    There will be SOME interest from players who didn't experience it, and SOME from players who want to recapture what they once had, and will soon realise that is actually impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

- - - Updated - - -

Retail players aren't a target for this. Most people nowadays didn't play during Vanilla, the idea of slow levelling, raids that actually take effort and not being able to play whatever spec you want and be competitive would turn most away.
    its not a finished product.

First tried in TBC, and today I hear these players talk about their good stories of back in the day when Vanilla this and Vanilla that... I really want to experience a more polished WoW Vanilla, like we might get in Classic. I would NEVER play such a broken game like Vanilla once was. I would love to experience it, when it is not almost physically broken. And I hope they give us tmogs for live

Sadly, Classic will suffer the same drop off after the first 2 months of any expansion or release, although I suspect it will be even worse.

There WILL be MILLIONS of people playing it those first few weeks, but unless they do something about quest bottlenecking and other QoL concerns with large number of players in Classic, people will quickly die off. Out of the ones that don't, many will never get to max. That's a whole separate problem if you ask me, but at least they are still paying for the game.

IDK I'm really worried about whether this will work or not. I just hope Blizzard is going to be fully aware of just how crazy it will be then how huge the drop off will be. They usually fix that with patches and raids, but that's not something that will work in Classic.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV