Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Killing douchebag was the last thing he did, and that was pre first tier in wod.looking forward to seeing him again.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    He's been in the Warcraft universe for far too long. All his major work is done.

We need to kill him and make room for new upcoming heroes. It's just a question of how we want to kill him?

Any suggestions?
    If varyan is dead is not thralls fault. Leave thrall alone.

We need him more active, doing shamanic stuff but fighting, the time of being wise is over

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbornsham View Post
    If varyan is dead is not thralls fault. Leave thrall alone.

We need him more active, doing shamanic stuff but fighting, the time of being wise is over
    I think someone on thise thread or another had a fan theory that Vol'jin made Sylvanas Warchief so that things would escalate and pull the Horde into so much shit that Thrall would have to retake the mantle of Warchief.

It would be cool if there was a cinematic where he rips off the robes and adorns his Doomplate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    He's been beaten with the nerfbat pretty hard with the removal of his cataclysm earth-warder powers as well as the Doomhammer's enhancements to his shamanism. If he comes back I'm not too worried about him Green Jesus-ing it up too bad. I mostly just want him to help us talk down Jaina.
    Apparently in a Q&A with Jesse Cox, Ion confirmed that Thrall would be getting Doomhammer back iirc.

Could be totally wrong though.

Why he will just reincarnate.

This isn't game of thrones

I would LOVE for the ending of Legion being Thrall comming back to reclaime the Doomhammer,
    And then as an alliance shaman getting to cave in his head with it.
    I've no idea what to write here.

Kill Thrall, Genn, Jaina, Sylvanas, Malfurion, And Tyrande...

Then i'll be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't want to see him die over something stupid, though. Would have to be a good death.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Kill Thrall, Genn, Jaina, Sylvanas, Malfurion, And Tyrande...

Then i'll be happy.
    I'm sure that would end well.
    My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today.

By Shyama

I would not like to see him killed off. If he is; he should be accompanied by: Tyrande/Malfurion/Jaina/Sylvanas/ etc.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizz is saving a lot of characters for when they finally do get around to Warcraft 4. Many of the WC2 and WC3 characters are still alive. Thrall, Saurfang, Tyrande, Malfurion, Sylvanas, Jaina, Rexxar, Muradin, Magni and All of the Sons of Lothar. Hell, even Illidan & Maiev are back. I'm sure there is many I'm forgetting too. It seems like they have created characters for WoW so that when it is time to kill someone important off they kill off the WoW originals rather than the Warcraft originals. That doesn't mean they aren't against killing off some of the WC2 and WC3 characters it's just that they only do it if they feel like that have to. They are a lot more stingy with those characters probably because they think they'll need them for something later. Especially Thrall who is the closest thing to a mascot of the franchise.

At the end of the day our characters don't matter. It shouldn't matter. We are just unnamed soldiers/lower ranking commanders but we don't really have a huge impact on the story even if the game is designed in a way to make us feel like we do. That's why there is usually a big lore character with us in all of the major raids such as Tirion in ICC. We didn't kill Arthas, Tirion did. We were just part of the army he led. I totally get it though. It really would make the lore confusing if these characters weren't taking credit because at the end of the day Warcraft lore isn't just part of World of Warcraft. It's more than WoW. It's Hearthstone, it's Warcraft 1-3, It's novels, it's a movie, etc. Even if WoW is the biggest outlet to tell that story, the story isn't exclusive to it and when WoW dies (or even before then) eventually there will be other Warcraft games that need the story to at least try to make some sense.

That said, I do wish Blizz would start introducing some new characters in the Horde and Alliance and really focus on some of the ones we do have that haven't had much screen time.
    Last edited by CreatureLives; 2017-11-12 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    This isn't game of thrones
    They kinda did that in Legion.

Guys...GUSY!!!! We should totally kill off every major character ever, while at the same time completely neglect to build up new ones! Holy crap! This stuff writes itself! Instant gold!

/facepalm

Just stop with this garbage already. WoW =/= game of thrones. It's not necessary to kill every character just because they've been around for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Laconicraven View Post
    I have no real love for Thrall as a character, but can we please not kill off any more important Horde members? For both Horde and Alliance, not having death for awhile would be nice, but Horde especially, they're kind of in a predicament right now. There are only a couple important characters left for each Horde race (if that). I think the only Horde race that has logical backups in case they decided to bump off more leaders, would be the Blood Elves. I would prefer they build up each faction's current important characters, instead of killing off any more. From what it looks like so far, that's what they'll be doing this expansion.
    It's hard to believe the war has any stakes if no characters can die in it.

I love how people are screaming to kill Anduin. The only character with an actual arc. You guys should work for Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I think someone on thise thread or another had a fan theory that Vol'jin made Sylvanas Warchief so that things would escalate and pull the Horde into so much shit that Thrall would have to retake the mantle of Warchief.

It would be cool if there was a cinematic where he rips off the robes and adorns his Doomplate.
    That actually sounds really cool. Perhaps have it burned or partially destroyed by some enemy spell first?
    "If the Alliance wants war, then the Horde must have its Warchief once more."

Killing of a character based purely on how long they've been in the story is a bad idea. I'll pass.

Don't let Thrall die. He just needs to appear and say "I have been gone from the Horde for too long. It is time to fulfill my duty to my people and lead them on the right path again. I admit my mistakes and I had rough times, but I am ready to take on the duties of Warchief again. Elements you feel me brah? Sweet. We back bitches." *puts on doomhammer armor, tells the player character dwarf shaman to GTFO, takes Doomhammer back, says LOKTAR OGAR! and then impregnates every female orc in Orgrimmar. #MakeThrallAlphaAgain

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Don't let Thrall die. He just needs to appear and say "I have been gone from the Horde for too long. It is time to fulfill my duty to my people and lead them on the right path again. I admit my mistakes and I had rough times, but I am ready to take on the duties of Warchief again. Elements you feel me brah? Sweet. We back bitches." *puts on doomhammer armor, tells the player character dwarf shaman to GTFO, takes Doomhammer back, says LOKTAR OGAR! and then impregnates every female orc in Orgrimmar. #MakeThrallAlphaAgain
    Don't forget the ogres. We need an army of mini-Rexxars before the end of the expansion!

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Don't forget the ogres. We need an army of mini-Rexxars before the end of the expansion!
    You want Thrall to impregnate thousands of female Ogres??? I like it. MoknaThrall

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banorak View Post
    No. It's not time to kill Thrall. It's time to take a break from killing Horde Leaders. Even if Thrall is no longer a Horde Leader. The perfect time to kill Thrall off passed when they killed Vol'jin instead. I'd be for this if Vol'jin wasn't killed off but otherwise now? No. Too much Horde blood has been spilled already.

Alliance Leaders killed:
    Varian

Horde Leaders killed:
    Vol'jin
    Cairne
    Garrosh

Thrall is perfectly fine the way he is. People like him. I like him. If you don't like him? Too bad. He's the one thing keeping Chris Metzen around and I love that guy. There's still things to do with Thrall as seen in Battle for Azeroth I cannot wait to see what they have planned.
    It's actually a lot more equal than you think. We've just had less official High King changes than you've had Warchief changes but as far as deaths go it's pretty even. You are on your 4th Warchief but Thrall is technically still alive and in the Horde so at least you have that going for you. We are on our official second High King but Bolvar took over temporarily for a while.

Alliance Leaders killed:
    Varian
    Bolvar (A version of Bolvar may be active but as he said "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead. And that Bolvar Fordragon... died with him.")
    Magni (He's sorta half gone, sorta like what I imagine Vol'jin will be in BFA)
    Genn's son

Horde Leaders killed:
    Vol'jin (Dead but spirit lives)
    Cairne
    Garrosh
    Saurfang's son